• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon names

Te-em

I want to rp!
Reaction score
Sometimes I have seen other monsters/characters in other games sharing the name of a Pokémon. I suppose this happens sometimes, that the same name can appear in a lot of games. For instance Lizardon
gby006.gif
is also a name of a monster in the remake of Seiken Densetsu to GBA. And the name Goroun
gby075.gif
is much similar to the name Goron in Zelda. It's evolution's english name, Golem, is a name that appears in a lot of games.

If you find any "Pokémon names" in any other games you can post them here!

That's because Golem isn't even a made-up name, it's the name of a Jewish Monster made of inanimate (usually rocks) objects.

There was even a traditional clay golem in the most recent Simpsons Treehouse of Horror episode. And a rock monster named Golem on Monster Rancher.

In the first Hitchhiker's Guide book, there's a line something like "but he thought it somewhat oddish".

Back in the day (I'm going to say around 2000) I saw a mini squirt gun shaped like a turtle (it had a hat on), and it was called "Squirtle."

Yes, I know Golem is a Jewish monster. All the Pokémon names have origins. I know that Rapurasu is the japanese pronounciation of Laplace. It's named after someone named Laplace.

and the name Seel, which is obviously based on Seal.

And Ninetales=Nine Tails (Ninetales has nine tails)

Walrein=Walrus

Machop=Macho and Chop

Graveler=Gravel

Pokemon are based on stuff.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom