• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation Pokemon natures

Reaction score
We see these nature's all the time and while normally only apply for stats and competitive useage it would be nice if the nature determined some aesthetic purposes

Like if the pokemon is timid it will hesitate before attacking or maybe the ball will land and not open at first but slowly pop open

And for jolly the pokemon would have a large grin or happy looking expression. Do you guys think that would be cool if the nature did something like that? If so list some things pokemon with certain nature's would do to make them more unique.

Also it would make it easier to know the nature of a pokemon you're trying to catch

Sounds interesting but I like how the natures are at the moment.

I've always thought something like this should happen, but as far as stats go I also think natures should be phased out or changeable in some way (which wouldn't makes sense for the pokemon's very nature so really they would still be something different). Also I think these things could be interesting in battle but would need to be disabled in online/competitive battles.

I think that would be amazing and give even more personality to your Pokemon. It would be cool to see the difference between an say, adamant Pikachu, vs a modest one, vs a docile one. The possibilities are endless.

Unfortunately something like that sounds pretty much impossible due to the huge amount of animations they'd need to incorporate for every single Pokemon. Then again, Pokemon-Amie...

I would have absolutely loved to see this in Pokémon-Amie. The potential for so much characterisation is honesty astounding.

This reminds me of my very early days in Diamond with a Relaxed Infernape, before I went to the dark Torterra side. I often wondered what kind of interactions it could have had with my little brother's Jolly Infernape.

I know something that could be done without extra work or animations. Simply to have Pokemon amie-style flavor descriptions about the way your Pokemon attacks. For instance, for a timid Pokemon, it might say: "Bulbasaur trembled in fear! But with [trainer]'s encouragement, it used Razor Leaf!" It'd be a neat little touch that would help with immersion. Or maybe they could have different Amie boosts that occur depending on the nature with these accompanying different descriptions. I'm not sure what these would be, exactly, but it would also be a nice little expansion to the feature.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom