• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Nightmare Fuel

The floating old man in the Old Chatot Chateau. The creepy music, the ghost, and even worse: I discovered it at night OUTSIDE with my best friend. CREEPY...

it's not canon, but there's this fic somewhere (it's on fanfiction.net) that puts out the theory that Missingno. makes whomever sees it go insane which is why it messes up the game file. After reading that, I went back to my old copy of red and was going for the rare candy cheat and ran into Missingno... creepy.

Pffffffffft, MissingNo. isn't creepy at all.
.̡̢̡̢̛̛̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̒̓̔̕̚ ̔̕̚̕̚҉҉̵̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̿̿̿̕̚̕̚͡ ͡҉҉ ̵̡̢̛̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̊̋̌̍̎̏̿̿̿̚ ҉ ҉҉̡̢̡̢̛̛̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑ ̒̓̔̕̚ ̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̕̚̕̚ ̡̢̛̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̊ ̡̢̡̢̛̛̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̒̓̔̕̚ ̔̕̚̕̚҉ ̡̢̡̢̛̛̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̒̓̔̕̚ ̔̕̚̕̚҉҉̵̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̿̿̿̕̚̕̚͡ ͡҉҉ ̵̡̢̛̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̊̋̌̍̎̏̿̿̿̚ ҉ ҉҉̡̢̡̢̛̛̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑ ̒̓̔̕̚ ̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̕̚̕̚ ̡̢̛̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̊ ̡̢̡̢̛̛̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̒̓̔̕̚ ̔̕̚̕̚҉ ̡̢̡̢̛̛̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̒̓̔̕̚ ̔̕̚̕̚҉҉ ̵̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̿̿̿̕̚̕̚͡ ̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̿̿̿̕̚̕̚͡͡ ҉ ҉̵̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̿̿̿̕̚̕̚͡ ͡҉҉ ̕̚̕҉̵̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̿̿̿̕̚̕̚͡҉҉ ̵̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̿̿̿̕̚̕̚͡ ͡"҉̔̕̚̕̚҉ ҉̵̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̿̿̿̕̚̕̚͡҉̵̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̿̿̿̕̚̕̚͡҉̵̞̟̠ ҉̵̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̿̿̿̕̚̕̚͡҉ ̵̞̟̠ ҉̵̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̿̿̿̕̚̕̚͡

Lavender Town music creeps me out, but nothing has ever given me nightmares. It's a video-game. With a 3+ certificate. Yeah. Not scary.

These two pages from DPA. The worst part is that you KNOW it's going to be scary before you turn the page, but you don't know HOW scary.

sakeofthatnewworld.jpg

And then you turn the page and

sacrificeof.jpg

I nearly dropped the book in shock.

That, half of the faces in the mangas, and THIS.
CyrusInitiativeSupremeVictors137.jpg
Cyrus is a very scary man. Which is why I love him.

Pokemon has not given me nightmares, but there are elements of it that scare me. For example, in that Kanto episode, "The Ghost of Maiden's Peak", when she summoned those skulls...:uhoh:

Auughhhhh the Old Chateau D: I made my buddy Nagi go in and catch Rotom for me because I was just kinda wigging out.

Especially that picture in one room with the glowing red eyes that disappear when you walk up to it, but reappear when you walk away. dgjkfjgkdfjgkjdfkl.

Now I remember...

The ghosts of the little girl and the butler at the Old Chateau.

I agree with everyone on the Old Chateau... I used a guide to find out what was there, went there, got it, and went out. And I cannot play it with the music on. It scares me to death.
Sendoff spring... it's not in any map... plus floating bridge going NOWHERE. Yikes ;^;

@_@ Just remembered the floating bridge... Although that's nothing when you get into the cave... *shivers*

Reading about glitch pokemon at 4 AM and making up creepy theories about what it would be translated into in-universe terms. That fic someone mentioned, if it's "Glitch" by Kanthia, I freakin' love that fic. So disturbing.

I dont think Ive been scared, rather shocked for a moment. The one thing that creeped me out is outside Dr. kamino's house in XD gale of darkness.
I was shocked to see the ghost in the old chateau, and when I tried the mew glitch, battled the wrong trainer and found a level 7 gengar.

Thanks to the episode 23 of the first season of the anime, The Tower Of Terror, when I was a kid I was so f*cking scared of ghosts, but SPECIALLY afraid of Haunter. I couldn't sleep in the dark for a week after watching that episode.

Ha, i loved that Episode!!!!!

The Pokemon Tower in Kanto gave me the creeps when i first went in there.
But if a game is really going to creep me out, Boo's Mansion in Super Mario 64 DS...

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom