• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Nightmare Fuel

I think the three sprites, Yuxie, Emrit, and Agnome, have lots of potential for nightmare fuel. I mean, along with Arceus and the time/space/death dragons, they're essentially immortal gods that've existed since the universe began and they represent all human thought. Now, when you consider what evils have been committed in the name of science, and it's not hard to imagine them abusing their powers... may I remind you, said powers are enough to prevent gods of time and space from destroying the universe. Throw in the fact that these guys can destroy your memories, feelings, or your very will to live just by touching them or looking them in the eye, and you've got something straight out of Lovecraft right there.

The first time I saw the Literal Ghost, I freaked out. I thought that my game was broken, so I started taking pictures of my game. Then, I read my walkthrough and found that it was supposed to happen.

Spiritomb. Just...Spiritomb. The fact its apparently made out of one hundred eight damned spirits just makes me shudder. Also if you think about it Spiritomb looks vaguely familiar...

Edit: Fixed my little mistake. Thanks ArtemiSerebii.

Last edited:
It's 108 damned spirits, BTW. And yes, THAT would not be something whose Pokeball I wanted to open while I slept. That is all.

Darkrai. Oh wait, that's the point...

Nightmare fuel personified. Imagine you using it to get to sleep, and after it puts you to sleep, it loyally waits for you to wake up, which will never happen. YOU'LL HAVE NIGHTMARES FOREVER.

Nightmare fuel personified. Imagine you using it to get to sleep, and after it puts you to sleep, it loyally waits for you to wake up, which will never happen. YOU'LL HAVE NIGHTMARES FOREVER.

Ugh, just the thought of Darkrai. And the gen I sprites were bad. Someone told me Mew was an unborn baby and I was scared of it for the longest time.

Mewtwo. Mew captured by scientists. You find yourself with an endless rage and sadness set in your mind. Just think about it.

Although its always lessened to most people by that he's voiced by DAN GREEN.

The "Unseen Force" in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon:
"Something's stirring..."
"Something's approaching..."
"It's getting closer..."
"It's right nearby! It's gusting hard!"

Moral: Never play this game at night.

Next two gens

I found it by clicking a link at the bottom,then going down the list to see the one that lead to the first page,and clicking under it.. >>' though I could have simply just translated the whole darn thing.

Oh god, those are scary. They could have made Darkrai a lot scarier though.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom