• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon, Nobunaga's Ambition crossover announced: Revealed on Twitter by Dengeki Onli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon, Nobunaga's Ambition crossover announced: Revealed on Twitter by Dengeki

Maybe not Eevee...but Hitmonchan might.

I see what you did there...

Anyway, I'm really not sure with this game. First off I was hoping for a proper mainstream Pokemon game to be released, and then the fact this may not even be released outside of Japan? Hmmm, I'm a bit disapointed. Hopefully these games are better than I'm expecting them to be.

Re: Pokémon, Nobunaga's Ambition crossover announced: Revealed on Twitter by Dengeki

At first, I was questioning its authenticity... But after seeing several screenshots and videos, I can say I'm looking forward to trying this. It has a different look compared to your average game, and I'm hoping it can keep me interested better than Mystery Dungeon (Sadly as great as those were, I couldn't stay into it for too long).
Quite coincidentally, a friend of mine was actually coming up with an idea similar to this in a way, but this isn't the first that's happened to me.
I'm excited for the new direction!

Shit this game looks SWEET!!! please let this get released in the states.. but never heard of the other franchise... bug still totly sweet and unexpected

If it did get a release outside of Japan, they might hold it to the tail end of the dsi's lifespan like PMD in the Us...then again PMD got a us release.

I'd buy it quickly if it got a us release.

If it did get a release outside of Japan, they might hold it to the tail end of the dsi's lifespan like PMD in the Us...then again PMD got a us release.

I'd buy it quickly if it got a us release.
Given the 3DS is out, it most definitely looks that way. I'm concerned it won't get a release just because they may decide to move on from the DS between now and the localisation period.

I hope TPC realizes how, unlike most other spin-offs, this is almost unanimously getting positive reactions from its Western fans, despite not knowing what its crossing over with.

God damn. This is a huge left field from what we were guessing, with all the speculations of a R/S/E remake (which I want, personally) and the Black and White expansions. But still, I really hope that this game gets a U.S. release, if its actually good.

I know I mentioned this on the other thread, but I'll say it here, too: Mystery Dungeon wasn't popular outside of Japan until Pokemon came along, and we've gotten all the Mystery Dungeon games here except for the three mini-games on Wii.

Also consider non-Pokemon games like Hakuoki (Japanese-themed video game targeted at FEMALES), which are coming to the US despite their unpopularity here.

It's not THAT unlikely that it will be localized.

Anyways, the site is up and I love the music! And the art, too, especially! It's bothering me that some people are complaining about Mewtwo being there, though. Celebi or Dialga could have easily transported him back in time.

I know I mentioned this on the other thread, but I'll say it here, too: Mystery Dungeon wasn't popular outside of Japan until Pokemon came along, and we've gotten all the Mystery Dungeon games here except for the three mini-games on Wii.

Also consider non-Pokemon games like Hakuoki (Japanese-themed video game targeted at FEMALES), which are coming to the US despite their unpopularity here.

It's not THAT unlikely that it will be localized.

Anyways, the site is up and I love the music! And the art, too, especially! It's bothering me that some people are complaining about Mewtwo being there, though. Celebi or Dialga could have easily transported him back in time.

Whats Hakuoki? So do yu think we'll get this game? It looks totally sweet And the art from the Traileris amazing!

Whats Hakuoki? So do yu think we'll get this game? It looks totally sweet And the art from the Traileris amazing!
Hakuoki is not Pokemon-related, but it's a PSP game set in feudal Japan where you play as a female looking for her father, and fall in love with one of 6 or so male characters. It's a visual novel with slight romance elements, enjoyable by anyone but mostly targeted at females. I bring it up because, despite it never having ANY of its games released outside of Japan, and despite it being practically unknown outside of Japan, and despite it being targeted towards females (because outside of Japan most developers and publishers would rather make games that are targeted towards men or casual gamers) it is still being localized and published by Aksys Games in the US. It ties in with Mystery Dungeon--not popular outside of Japan, but that didn't stop it from being published here.

This game will most likely, like Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, ride on the coattails of Pokemon's popularity and be published outside of Japan in due time. To me, it honestly seems unlikely that it won't. What Pokemon spin-offs have we NOT gotten? All the minor ones, like the typing game. But the major ones (Pinball, Ranger, Trozei, etc) have been published outside of Japan. It doesn't hurt that apparently SOME Nobunaga's Ambition games have already been released here.

So i take back earlier comments I made about the Pokemon not being drawn in the same style as the human characters, turns out they are (from the main site). The only problem is that the human characters have overly detailed clothing in comparison to Pokemon, which makes it stand out.

So i take back earlier comments I made about the Pokemon not being drawn in the same style as the human characters, turns out they are (from the main site). The only problem is that the human characters have overly detailed clothing in comparison to Pokemon, which makes it stand out.

So could this have a chance of being canon in the Pokemon games? might show how Poke Nation was born?

So could this have a chance of being canon in the Pokemon games? might show how Poke Nation was born?
It's probably not in the same canon to the main series.

It would be nice if it were though

It's probably not in the same canon to the main series.

It would be nice if it were though

Never know... it's in a region based off of Japan... not Japan itself right? plus going by the trailer they seem to do things the way they do in the games... it would be awesome way to explain how all the Regions are one Nation... (Maybe Unova joined them after the fact?)

Taking over a country in a tactical RPG with pokémon set in a harder, more historic fantasy world.

YES. Specially the "pokemon in a more historic world" part. I've been wanting that forever.

Though I never heard of this series before, and while I'd sooner or later expected to see a pokémon crossover... this IS a pretty strange one.

This ... is not what I expected.

Nice! Not only did they actually surprise everyone but this game actually interests me - I'd play this! :>

Find it kinda funny that the main objective is similar to Ghetsis's goal lol

Though uniting the region will likely be viewed as a positive thing, similar to Unova's myth with the twin heroes.

I was shocked when I got on Serebii and saw that picture... just... wtf XD random new game that is a crossover with some other game series which I don't know? and... it actually looks REALLY awesome!
Totally going to buy this the moment it's released in English (as long as it's for the regular Nintendo DS and NOT the 3DS)
I like the heroes and that girl with Jiggly... though why Zekrom is getting all the love?! what's with Reshi? :( even in the anime, Zekrom got to appear in the first ep and apparently appears/talked about in an upcoming ep too... the movie's Reshiram version only get TV airing in the US and apparently was counted in Japan as the "alternate version" while the main one was Zekrom's... Reshi deserves more!
Anyway, I couldn't help but notice how in that picture showing the main characters, aside from Zekrom, all Poké are gen 1 and 3 with a focus on 1... I said it long ago and I'll say it again, I'm expecting a gen 1 remake sometime in this run of gen 5, either in addition to or instead of a gen 3 remake

I was shocked when I got on Serebii and saw that picture... just... wtf XD random new game that is a crossover with some other game series which I don't know? and... it actually looks REALLY awesome!
Me too. I've never heard of Nobunaga's Ambition, but personally I think that the game looks a bit like Digimon Data Squad.

I like the heroes and that girl with Jiggly... though why Zekrom is getting all the love?! what's with Reshi? :( even in the anime, Zekrom got to appear in the first ep and apparently appears/talked about in an upcoming ep too... the movie's Reshiram version only get TV airing in the US and apparently was counted in Japan as the "alternate version" while the main one was Zekrom's... Reshi deserves more!
I think it's because Zekrom is the 'cooler looking one' of the two.

Anyway, I couldn't help but notice how in that picture showing the main characters, aside from Zekrom, all Poké are gen 1 and 3 with a focus on 1... I said it long ago and I'll say it again, I'm expecting a gen 1 remake sometime in this run of gen 5, either in addition to or instead of a gen 3 remake
Perhaps its just a coincidence? Or maybe they're only some of the main characters? But anyway, I'm also expecting a Gen I and III remake in the next few years, so this game's characters is sort of a hint.

EDIT: Also, I think this could the game that brings non-Pokemon fans over to the series, because it looks awesome.

Some of those people actually look like characters from Tai Chi Chasers. xD

Huh, so this is the game CoroCoro was talking about.
Since it's for the DS, what's the chance of it being "3DS enhanced"?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom