• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon, Nobunaga's Ambition crossover announced: Revealed on Twitter by Dengeki Onli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon, Nobunaga's Ambition crossover announced: Revealed on Twitter by Dengeki

I don't mind the Pokemon crossover games (nor fanfic), but at least, I like some that is better than this.

BTW, why Game Freak choose to work with Koei for this game? There are so many things they can crossover with, why choose to cross Pokemon with Nobunaga's Ambition series? There is nothing in common in those two games anyway.

Crossover itself is not a bad idea, but depends on what one is crossing, the result can be very good to very odd.
I personally think that this Pokemon+Nobunaga's Ambition is leaning to the odd side.

Re: Pokémon, Nobunaga's Ambition crossover announced: Revealed on Twitter by Dengeki

Has anyone seen the last picture from the list of pre-release pictures on serebii?
Pok
Where did it come from?

Has anyone seen the last picture from the list of pre-release pictures on serebii?
Pok
Where did it come from?
I can't find it on the official website (although being a photo of a DS screen, I wouldn't expect to). I'm guessing there was a DS running a demo, a download play demo, or a screen with an ad for it at Jump Festa, and someone's taken a photo of it. (Download play demo is unlikely, because if there was, we would have heard about it.)

Cool, a Dewott castle. I think this reveals another one of the warlords, too, since I referenced what the kana translates to and found this that looks just like the guy in the topmost portrait of that screenie.

http://koei.wikia.com/wiki/Motochika_Chōsokabe

Knowing they like to use those same designs for this series, I think it's him, especially with something they say in the above link. "His affinity for bodies of water is also a running gag with Motochika in the spin-off titles." If this isn't a hint, I don't know what is.

EDIT: I found where the pic came from. It was at the original Jump Festa presentation, but a clear picture wasn't given before. It was the picture on the upper left. http://pokebeach.com/news/1211/pokemon-nobunaga's-ambition-screenshots-3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

It seems like a fresh new idea but I really want Pokemon Gray. haven't they learned the side games never sell as well as the main ones?

I'm excited. It does look similar to a game I played once called yu-yu-hakusho tournament tactics.

Any crossover with Pokemon is welcomed (though I love Mario crossovers more). I had tried a few tactical strategy games, which this one looks to be, so I think I might give this one a chance. The only thing I don't quite like is certain Pokemon choices, like Jigglypuff (I think Clefairy is better).

Thanks for reading.

It seems like a fresh new idea but I really want Pokemon Gray. haven't they learned the side games never sell as well as the main ones?

They still sell though, which is the reason they make them (think: money). If they can make numerous games each year with "Pokemon" in its title, they will sell. Maybe not as much as the main series, but they'll still make money, and it at least looks like they are attempting some new stuff rather than sticking with their old ways.

I still think we will get grey this year because the Kyurem movie is this year, so it makes sense to have them both at the same time (if the 3rd game is Kyurem/Kyurem does get a new forme/whatever they are planning for Kyu).

Any crossover with Pokemon is welcomed (though I love Mario crossovers more). I had tried a few tactical strategy games, which this one looks to be, so I think I might give this one a chance. The only thing I don't quite like is certain Pokemon choices, like Jigglypuff (I think Clefairy is better).

Thanks for reading.

Yes. I personally think Jigglypuff is an awful choice.

Thanks for reading.

But Jigglypuff is manly due to her performance in the Smash Bros. games. Plus she needs something to keep her relevance as secondary mascot.

How is Jigglypuff being in Smash Bros. related to this at all? :s

How is Jigglypuff being in Smash Bros. related to this at all? :s

To keep her relevance in that game other than being one of the original 12.

Do you know what this game remind me of? That war that Lt.Surge talked about.

To keep her relevance in that game other than being one of the original 12.
Original 12? Who are they? Maybe those will be main Pokemon in this game...

Original 12? Who are they? Maybe those will be main Pokemon in this game...

Mario, DK, Link, Samus, Yoshi, Kirby, Fox, Pikachu, Luigi, Captain Falcon, Ness, and Jigglypuff. Appearances of upcoming games for the recurring characters from Nintendo's biggest franchises (Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon) help keep their relevance in SSB from getting axed and replaced, and this game will help Jigglypuff's relevance to stay as a Pokemon rep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom