• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon, Nobunaga's Ambition crossover announced: Revealed on Twitter by Dengeki Onli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon, Nobunaga's Ambition crossover announced: Revealed on Twitter by Dengeki

I think it's because Zekrom is the 'cooler looking one' of the two.

I guess so... they probably think (and maybe are right...) that Zekrom is the "cooler" and more loved one of the two... poor Reshiram :(

Perhaps its just a coincidence? Or maybe they're only some of the main characters? But anyway, I'm also expecting a Gen I and III remake in the next few years, so this game's characters is sort of a hint.

Maybe it's a coincidence or something intentual that doesn't really hint at remakes or anything, but I still think a gen 1 remake is very likely and gen 3 remake is less likely but possible too...
BW has lots of gen 1 references (especially in the anime, but some can be found in games and in the generation itself) and I'm sure they'll want to kind of "reintroduce" the older Poké to new young fans who got used to see mainly the BW ones due to the anime not featuring the olders and the olders not appearing much in the games... and what's better gen to use for reintroducing past Poké than the first gen? I'm sure that's how they're thinking right now... but we'll have to wait and see

Anyway, this game really looks awesome... got me excited already and I can't wait to play it!

Re: Pokémon, Nobunaga's Ambition crossover announced: Revealed on Twitter by Dengeki

Since it's for the DS, what's the chance of it being "3DS enhanced"?
The website promotes 3DS compatibility, but so far they haven't confirmed any wireless features, and that's the only way the game might utilize the 3DS exclusively.

Gligar13 said:
Given the 3DS is out, it most definitely looks that way. I'm concerned it won't get a release just because they may decide to move on from the DS between now and the localisation period.
The localization may not be far away considering that the Japanese and American releases of Rumble Blast were only two months apart, and now there is only going to be a three-month gap in PokéPark 2's case.

Last edited:

The art for this looks amazing. At first I wasn't sure, but it seems as though this game could be interesting, so I do hope it's released in English.

Wow, a side game I'd actually consider buying!

Could be pretty interesting (though must say I'm a bit disappointed over DS and not 3DS, but I can see why they did that).

I want to buy this. This looks awesome. Pokemon has been long overdue for something like this. This better come out in America!

I'm really shocked. I've never heard of this series before but is this kinda like the "Kingdom Hearts" of Pokemon?

The only thought that comes to your mind:

POKEMON IS AWESOME!!!!

Last edited:

Since this is only gen V's second spin-off game, I think it has quite some chance to be released in the west. Plus maybe if it's popular they can do more of them.

It looks pretty awesome.

I like how, in every forum I go, people keep saying "This is like a Pokemon X <insert RPG that uses swords> cross-over" despite being told what its being crossed over with.

I like how, in every forum I go, people keep saying "This is like a Pokemon X <insert RPG that uses swords> cross-over" despite being told what its being crossed over with.

I imagine it is because the Nobunaga's Ambition series is so unknown outside of Japan. People are trying to find a proxy in a series they are more familiar with.

Still, a quick wikipedia search would clear up what its being crossed with.

Pokemon + Samurai Warriors sounds cool... but bloody hell, just release the next remake or main series. What is with Japanese companies and releasing side-games that nobody cares about >_< Yes, I'm looking at you Square Enix.

Wow, this game looks really interesting! Maybe this will finally get me to buy a 3DS--

Nintendo DS
IT'S LIKE THEY'RE NOT EVEN TRYING

Pokemon + Nobunaga's Ambition sounds cool... but bloody hell, just release the next remake or main series. What is with Japanese companies and releasing side-games that nobody cares about >_< Yes, I'm looking at you Square Enix.
Fixed 9.9

Also, "nobody cares about"? I wouldn't say that. I for one, care about. Sure it's not a main-series game, but as long as it's a good game, that's all I care about. Unfortunately, people seem to dismiss all side-games as shovelware.

Beyond unexpected, but regardless, I actually really like the idea of this. In the main series, there's always text regarding the pokemon world's past, and johto in particular has a atmosphere reminiscent of ancient japan. Although not quite the same, I think this kind of gives off the same vibe the back stories in the main series tend to convey, and being able to play through something similar is a really cool concept imo. Quite looking forward to seeing more info about this one.

Only negatives I can think of is that it's not a 3DS game, and that I really hate the Eevee family.

So i take back earlier comments I made about the Pokemon not being drawn in the same style as the human characters, turns out they are (from the main site). The only problem is that the human characters have overly detailed clothing in comparison to Pokemon, which makes it stand out.

It's still odd to see such a style in a Pokemon game.

At least it's not like the Trozei series...

Wow, didn't see this coming. I'd never heard of Nobunaga's Ambition until now, but this could be a great way to get into the series. I'm a huge fan of Turn-Based Strategy RPGs like Fire Emblem and Shining Force, so this could be my dream game.

Sounds interesting and kinda Medieval Pokémon-ish
Sortof XD

Anyway, I'm looking forward to more info about the game

I'm really shocked. I've never heard of this series before but is this kinda like the "Kingdom Hearts" of Pokemon?

Sort of, in that it's that "bizarre yet awesome" of a crossover. At least in concept - we can't tell how good the game itself is yet. I'm hoping it's at least decent, because it sounds like so much crazy fun.

Though there's something someone pointed out on Youtube: How the heck does Mewtwo exist in feudal Japan? I suspect Celebi is involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom