• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition localization confirmed: 'Pokémon Conquest' set for June

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition localization confirmed: 'Pokémon Conquest' set for

I found a teaser vid, and while the character names appear to be the same (or at least the ones from Koei), the location names have changed. For instance, Izumi is now Fontaine.

Re: Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition localization confirmed: 'Pokémon Conquest' set for

I found a teaser vid, and while the character names appear to be the same (or at least the ones from Koei), the location names have changed. For instance, Izumi is now Fontaine.
The names were also the same on Pokémon.com's official page for it. I guess the reason they haven't been changed is because they are based on real people. The locations aren't real though =3.

I know, I expected something like that to happen. Also, I will amend the characters being unchanged to apparently including the random warriors as well, since I saw a screenie with one of them. (They're also based on historical figures, but Koei did not have established designs for them)

Ah, it's cool that they're keeping the original names \o/ Locations don't matter to me though lol

Nobunga and Kenshin look bad ass with their mons B]

My fist just reached the heavens and broke the sky, I punched so hard.

>3> I'm not a fan of the name, but I DO NOT CARE because WARRING STATES AND CORRECT NAMESssssgive or take some reversing for western use but WHO CARES.

Perhaps this announcement would mean getting a Shiny Rayquaza through Wi-Fi will be inevitable.

From Pokemon.com's site...

"Rated E for Everyone

-Mild Cartoon Violence
-Mild Suggestive Themes"

......... Er, what?
I'd imagine that at the least, they could be referring to the character designs for Kunoichi:
Kunoichi.png

And Nene:
Nene.png

Yet they got away with other female characters w/ midriffs, pervy old men, and swimmers w/ speedos in the core titles?

So there really is a god, and apparently its name is Arceus. XD Thank you Arceus! I was really worried that this would not see the US. This is definitely one of the best imo side games they have ever did, and I know that I'm not the only person who has been watching this in Japanese on Youtube.

Really looking forward to this June. BW2 release in Japan and Pokemon Conquest in US, this is just great.

"Pokemon Conquest" is a mediocre title, but I am just relieved that this game will be localized for international release. I am surprised that the Nobunaga's Ambition part of the title was edited out for the international release, considering that there are several games in the Nobunaga's Ambition franchise that have kept the brand name for their international releases.

Once again, stupid name localizations are stupid.

So they can't even use the "DS is dead" excuse to not give us FE12?

Up yours NoAholes.

The name change kinda confuses me. I understand that it is to better appeal to Western audiences who probably have never heard of Nobunaga's Ambition due to its scarce number of English releases. However, I really expected Koei's reasoning to partner with Pokémon was to help promote itself (since Pokémon doesn't need any help promoting itself), particularly in the West where it is mostly unheard of; changing the title means that Pokémon gets all the glory, while Nobunaga's Ambition gets very little. The Pokémon.com article even says it is "...a nod to the classic game NOBUNAGA'S AMBITION..." as if it is merely a reference and not a fully fledged crossover. In other words, my guess is TCPi is doing to localizing a Koei is getting no say in it.

Nobunaga might not be in the title, but it's going to be evident all over the story and gameplay when the audience actually get their hands on it. That part is still getting through, and we're still going to end up with an audience inoculated. People are going to go, "hey, that's kind of like Pokemon Conquest" on seeing original Nobunaga games the same way they went "hey, that's kind of like Pokemon Mystery Dungeon" on original Mystery Dungeon games.

Game and localization (minus the title complaint) look great. Can't wait to play it, especially on Wifi. :)

I don't like the localized name, but I guess there really wasn't anything else they could work with.

Also, I frankly have to fully agree with SnorlaxMaster's view on this. It DOES seem like they are not acknowledging it as a crossover game.

If you asked me, this is one of those games that I would have preferred not to be localized.

I'll get it. It seems iteresting enough.

Perhaps this announcement would mean getting a Shiny Rayquaza through Wi-Fi will be inevitable.

From Pokemon.com's site...

"Rated E for Everyone

-Mild Cartoon Violence
-Mild Suggestive Themes"

......... Er, what?
I'd imagine that at the least, they could be referring to the character designs for Kunoichi:
Kunoichi.png

And Nene:
Nene.png

Yet they got away with other female characters w/ midriffs, pervy old men, and swimmers w/ speedos in the core titles?
Probably because most of them were pixelated sprites, as opposed to full on artwork?

I can understand the frustration related to title changes, but you have to admit that "Nobunaga's Ambition" doesn't exactly trip off the tongue.

regardless of the name of this game, I'm just excited/thrilled that we are getting it

regardless of the name of this game, I'm just excited/thrilled that we are getting it

Same here. I don't give a crap WHAT they call it, I'm just glad it's coming to the US!!!

I have to ask, though: Do you name the playable character, or is there a name provided for him/her? That part I never learned about. o_O

Pretty excited right now. I'm gonna try and pre-order it.

Pretty excited right now. I'm gonna try and pre-order it.
Uuuuh, I don't think you can pre-order it yet .____.

And tbh I liked the original name of the game better XD But I guess Pokemon Conquest is alright *shrugs*

This is one game that I will probably not get, unless I hear many good things about it, which I haven't so far from the Japan release. It doesn't seem like it would interest me. The only spin-off games that I liked were the Pokemon Ranger games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom