• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Odd Pokemon Out

Bronzong is two-stage?
Not quite. It's going deeper than that.

Solgaleo, Metagross, Bronzong.
It's not to do with their type. In addition, it's related to something that happens to them when they evolve.

Thinking about it quickly, is Wurmple the only split evolution that must evolve twice before reaching its final form? It's also the only split evolution that's based entirely on factors outside of the player's control, the hidden personality value.
Solgaleo's is the only split line?
Right answer, wrong reason. I'll give you guys another shot to see if you can figure it out before I mention the true answer.

Solgaleo, Metagross, Bronzong.
It's not to do with their type. In addition, it's related to something that happens to them when they evolve.
The final hint I'll give you is that it's to do with a stat that is seen commonly in the Pokédex but only affects six moves total in the entire game (some of which are rather surprising).

Wurmple is the only split evolution to evolve into a dual-type?
Ah! Solgaleo becomes lighter upon evolution!
Ping-pong! We got a winner! Of all traits between these three Steel/Psychic Pokémon, that is something different comparing Solgaleo to the rest.

I've got a new and rather weird one if I do say so myself:
Charizard, Typhlosion, Infernape.
Here's your hint: The difference is purely cosmetic.

Is Wurmple the only Pokémon of the three whose evolutions are all listed directly after itself, as opposed to cross-generational evolutions as is the case for the other two?
Um...Charizard is the only one with wings?
Not quite.

Charizard, Typhlosion, Infernape.
It's a purely cosmetic difference; however, this is something it shares with one of the fire-type Starter Pokémon I didn't list in this comparison.

Typhlosion's angry, roaring appearance in its artwork seems to enhance on its ferociousness, a trait only Incineroar seems to share who too is depicted as attacking something.

Zoroark, Mimikyu, Banette, Cofagrigus
Hint:Ability and not introduced in generation 7

Last edited:
Zoroark's the only Dark-type of the ones listed above.
Typhlosion's angry, roaring appearance in its artwork seems to enhance on its ferociousness, a trait only incineroar seems to share who too is depicted as attacking something.
On the right track, but that's not the reason I intended. I may as well mention it now: Typhlosion is the odd one out because of the three I listed, it's the only one whose 3D model since XY doesn't have a permanent flame in its idle animation, a trait it shares with Blaziken that is in contrast to all the other fully-evolved starters which do. (Charizard's flame is in its tail, Infernape's its head, Emboar its... everything, really, Delphox its twig-wand and Incineroar its flame belt.)

Let's go with something interesting, but hopefully easy to figure out.
Mew, Manaphy, Diancie.
Their status as being a Mythical of their Generation is shared, as is their number in their respective Regional Pokédexes - #151. The difference between them lies a bit deeper than the game would ever allow you to know.

Diancie starts with D whereas the other 2 with M. Lol. :p
To be honest, half the wrong answers I receive on my riddles I find hilarious, haha.

Mew, Manaphy, Diancie.
Their status as being a Mythical of their Generation is shared, as is their number in their respective Regional Pokédexes - #151. The difference between them lies a bit deeper than the game would ever allow you to know. (The reason the name is the wrong answer is because the game does allow you to see that difference, lol)

What an odd trio... I might go with Dewott first based on body type alone.

Also, nobody even guessed mine... RIP

Mew, Manaphy, Diancie.
Their status as being a Mythical of their Generation is shared, as is their number in their respective Regional Pokédexes - #151. The difference between them lies a bit deeper than the game would ever allow you to know. (The reason the name is the wrong answer is because the game does allow you to see that difference!)

Espurr's the only one with a split evolution dependent on gender?
Manaphy can breed with a Ditto?
Not quite, but good thinking.

Mew, Manaphy, Diancie.
Their status as being a Mythical of their Generation is shared, as is their number in their respective Regional Pokédexes - #151. The difference between them lies a bit deeper than the game would ever allow you to know.

Analogy (i meant to say Manaphy, but I'm keeping the autocorrect funness since I find it humorous) is the only one that required a different game to get? (I think)

Blastoise, Magikarp, and Capterpie.
Get it wrong again and I'll just give away the answer.
Hints:
  • It's in what the Pokedex tells you, but not the actual dex text
  • It's got nothing to do with type

Only Blastoise is not seen as prey or food?
Analogy (i meant to say Manaphy, but I'm keeping the autocorrect funness since I find it humorous) is the only one that required a different game to get? (I think)
That was only true for its initial distributions, for the most part, due to typically being linked with the Pokémon Ranger games. Later distributions (such as the Manaphy for the 20th Anniversary) are regular distributions.

Mew, Manaphy, Diancie.
Their status as being a Mythical of their Generation is shared, as is their number in their respective Regional Pokédexes - #151. The difference between them lies a bit deeper than the game would ever allow you to know... Normally. The games have made information available about the things which make the odd one out different from the others in recent years, but exact values are still unseen and can only be found out by datamining (or extremely precise stat calculations).

Decided to try a game where the user above lists three Pokemon and the next poster has to pick the odd one out and specify why

There are no right or wrong answers, this is just a bit of fun

For example

Glaceon, Sylveon, Flareon

Flareon hasn't been owned by a main character in the anime

Lets try it

Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom