• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POTW Pokémon of the Week #16: Bidoof

Do you like or dislike this pokemon? Why?
Of course i do, it's the god. It's by law you have to like it
How is this pokemon in-game?
One of the best hm slave after evolving, extremely useful. It can learn like all hm except fly
How is this Pokémon in competitive play? Are there any interesting strategies you like to use for them?
This pokemon is freaking god, it's extremely good. It has stealth rock and thunder wave, which are two of the best move in the metagame right now. It's so op that competitively play banned its best ability, moody. Because if moody is not banned and will just parahax and do nothing and have its stats boost all up. Even without moody, it is still an unaware wall and a simple sweeper. It's the best at setting up curse. With moody tho, it can help a full team of magikarp win an ag match.
Anything Goes replay: kingkong427 vs. Woyaojinkela✪ - Pokémon Showdown
you don't want to deal with bidoof due to its massive support. Plus the opponent will prob laugh so hard when they battle bidoof that they won't notice the battle is still going on. When they lose, they will rage so hard that it's all worth it.
Do you like this Pokémon's representation in the anime? Are there any moments or qualities in particular you enjoy/dislike?
You can't dislike the god. It runs away all the time in the anime because if it touches something, that something dies. It's just being a good pokemon. The bidoof that gets beatened are actually ditto pretending to be god
How do you think this Pokémon would interact with our world?
Living god
If given the power to, would you change anything about this Pokémon and if so, what would you change?
nerf it, it's too overpowered. Carried a team of magikarp and won against a team with all fully evolved pokemon
Has there ever been another pokemon as magnificant as bidoof?
it's physically impossible
What do you think is the proper way to showoff bidoof's power and skill?
This pokemon is freaking perfect, no matter how you are showing it off, it is the proper way, specifically making opponent laugh.
Should Game freak even attempt to make a pokemon to be better than bidoof?
Yes, but they will fail so horribly bad.

Jokes aside, Bidoof/Bibarel is highly useful in the Sinnoh games, especially Platinum. The perfect HM slave, AND a great pokemon to stall against Giratina if you don't have another Normal-type pokemon with you.

I seem to remember a Bidoof in Diamond being one of, if not the first shiny I ever encountered. The lord and master Bidoof will always have a special place in my memory for that.

Do you like or dislike this Pokémon? Why?
I can't stand it. Why? So. Many. Broken. Poke. Radar. CHAINS! :mad:

How is this Pokémon in-game?
It's an HM slave. Nuff said.

How is this Pokémon in competitive play? Are there any interesting strategies you like to use for them?
Never used it and I never will. I seem to enjoy KOing them when I see them in the Battle Maison, though.

Do you like this Pokémon's representation in the anime? Are there any moments or qualities in particular you enjoy/dislike?
It was in the anime...? I must have (mercifully) skipped that ep.

It would throw itself into oncoming traffic, just as it did every time I tried to chain for a Shinx. Or Zubat. Or any other freaking Pokemon, for that matter. (No, I'm not bitter at all....!!)

If given the power to, would you change anything about this Pokémon and if so, what would you change?
I would extinct it. In a heartbeat. :whistle:

Has there ever been another Pokémon as magnificent as Bidoof?
My Golurk says "Hi". As does my Bisharp. Oh and my Sawk. And let's not forget the beauty that is Trubbish... :p

What do you think is the proper way to show off Bidoof's power and skills?
Teach it Waterfall in the Gen VI games. That makes it the whirling derpish that it truly is.

Should Game Freak even attempt making a Pokémon that is better than Bidoof?
I think the whole of the Unova Dex is better than Bidoof. Trubbish is a masterpiece compared to Bidoof. But that's just me.

In all seriousness, I'd like the little git a lot more if I hadn't had multiple chains broken by running into it. I was indifferent on its existence until I got the Poke Radar. Once I tried chaining, it lost its status as "kinda cute" and became a pain in my backside. The perils of being a shiny hunter in Sinnoh.

It would throw itself into oncoming traffic, just as it did every time I tried to chain for a Shinx. Or Zubat. Or any other freaking Pokemon, for that matter. (No, I'm not bitter at all....!!)
bidoof can survive traffic easily :^):^)

Do you like or dislike this Pokémon? Why?
lol
How is this Pokémon in-game?
HM Slave. Derp.
Moody got banhammer'd. Also, FEAR. Disregard that last bit.
???
Being everywhere. EVERYWHERE.
Nothing, it's good enough as is.
Has there ever been another Pokémon as magnificent as Bidoof?
lol
What do you think is the proper way to show off Bidoof's power and skills?
lol
Should Game Freak even attempt making a Pokémon that is better than Bidoof?
lol

Last edited:
I like Bidoof's derpy looks, at least it isn't creepy (unlike Patrat) and actually has a good collection of Abilities. Its evolution has an unique type combination, too. I remember encountering and catching a shiny one in Platinum. It gets Yawn and Super Fang naturally, too, making it good for catching Pokemon.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom