• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon of the Week (POTW)

POTW: Gameplayers (Issue #42)
Welcome to Gameplayers! My name is Unovia, and I am glad to have you here. This week, we are covering Wynaut and its evolved form, Wobbuffet. Let’s get started.

Relating to Wynaut, there isn’t much, since it is a Baby Pokemon. Wynaut is first introduced in Hoenn. It was first given as an Egg from an Old Couple in Lavaridge Town. In Generation 3 Hoenn, it can also be found on Mirage Island. It is first found fully in the wild on Route 2 in Unova as well as a couple locations in Galar.
Wobbuffet is first available in Johto, where it is catchable in Dark Cave. In Hoenn, it can be caught in the Hoenn Safari Zone. Sinnoh has Wobbuffet at Lake Verity & Lake Valor through the Poke Radar. In Kalos, Wobbuffet is catchable in Reflection Cave. Finally, in Galar, Wobbuffet is catchable in a few places, first on Route 5.

Moving on to the Cards, Wynaut has 5 Cards, while Wobbuffet has had 20. That’s it for this week! Until next week, we are signing off!

POTW: Shows & Reads (Issue #39)
Welcome to Shows & Reads! My name is Unovia, and I am glad to have you here. This week, we are covering Wynaut & Wobbuffet. Let’s get started.

Wynaut appeared in the Blackthorn City Arc of the anime (Episode 252 to 255). Wobbuffet has been part of Team Rocket since EP146. It has a habit of releasing itself from the Pokeball, and while it has been under the ownership of Team Rocket, it only did not appear in the Black & White Series.

In the Manga, Wynaut appeared on Mirage Island in the Ruby & Sapphire Chapter, while Wobbuffet appeared in the Gold, Silver, Crystal, Platinum, Heartgold & Soulsilver Chapters, but not with a major character. That’s it for this week! Until next week, we are signing off!

Article #71-French Toast Day

381px-XY_Professor_Sycamore.png
Greetings Trainers! It’s your girl, Amy!This week, we are in Kalos for French Toast Day! I am meeting Kalos Champion Diantha, Kalos Professor Sycamore, and, surprisingly, Sinnoh Gym Leader Fantina, who is in her native land of Kalos for a vacation. We all decided to meet up for French Toast, which Diantha and Sycamore view as highly representative of Kalos, since it has a French motif.

We sat at a table that was set with French Toast of different types and different toppings. Some had chocolate chips, some had fruit, whipped cream, and cinnamon. Strangely, they looked like Alcremie, a Galar Region Pokemon. It was a make your own toast station. All of us enjoyed eating the french toast at Restaurant Le Wow, the highest class of restaurant in Lumiose City. The toast was buttery, creamy, and could have been eaten with a spoon if we had wanted to.

By the end of the meal, we were asked to give a review. We all gave a five star review, which the owner found boring, as it was expected, but knowing who we were, we were asked to do an exhibition match, with Professor Sycamore & I as a Team and Champion Diantha & Gym Leader Fantina as the other Team. It was to be a Double Battle, with one Pokemon each. We met on the battlefield they had at the location, then we began.

Amy (Reporter)Kalos Professor SycamoreKalos Champion DianthaSinnoh Gym Leader Fantina
Alcremie (GMax)Garchomp (Mega)Gardevoir (Mega)Gengar (Mega)

As we stared each other down and sent out our Pokemon, there were 3 Mega Evolution Pokemon while mine was Gigantamax. Garchomp beat Gengar with a Crunch, which took Fantina out of the fight, making her the Referee. Gardevoir quickly crushed Garchomp with a Moonblast, leaving it as me vs. Diantha. I had one more G Max attack, while Mega Gardevoir could still be on the field. I was at a distinct disadvantage. In the end, two Moon Blasts collided, taking out both Pokemon.

We heard clapping as the battle finished, due to us attracting a crowd. The battle was sweet, much like the French toast. The four of us looked out to the Lumiose Tower as I signed off. That’s it for this week! Thank you to Professor Sycamore, Champion Diantha, and Gym Leader Fantina for their participation!
146px-XY_Diantha.png

158px-Fantina_anime.png

Article #72-Ho, Ho, Ho! It's Santa Claus!
250px-Santa_Claus.png
Greetings Trainers! It’s Travelin Dan! This week, I called all of my friends back to the Villa in Sinnoh. They all deserved a week of rest. After all, we rush around the 8 Regions, giving news reports every week to our viewers, and it leaves us very tired. We don’t know how Santa does it!

Speaking of Santa, he travels around the 8 Regions from Kanto to Galar and beyond, spreading joy and good wishes to all of the good children and adults who believe in the Christmas Spirit. We hope that all of the children on his list and adults are nice and that no one gets a lump of coal in their stocking!

Being as fleeting as sightings of Santa Claus are, he is often seen as having many Jynx, a Lapras, a Delibird to deliver presents, as well as several Stantler and Ponyta. Reports differ if he prefers Stantler or Ponyta to pull his sleigh, as he has been seen using both interchangeably.

There aren’t too many holidays left in the year, and we have 3 more reports to file (outside of a Christmas message) so we hope that you liked what we produced this year, and we are grateful for your viewership over the past 1 year and a half since we began in 2020.

Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Article #73-I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream for Vanillite (Replay)
Greetings Trainers!
This Week, we are celebrating Ice Cream Day. For this week, we are presenting a replay of Season 2, Episode 29 (Week #52), first presented July 18th, 2021.

Greetings Trainers!
It’s your girl, Amy, here in Driftveil City. This week, I am celebrating National Ice Cream Day. It used to be that there was a Cold Storage facility to the south of the city. Eventually, it was replaced with the Pokemon World Tournament, or PWT. The Cold Storage facility was a place for ice types to congregate. Once it was replaced by the PWT, the ice types migrated to Route 6 in the west. North of the Route is Chargestone Cave, a great location for Electric types.

Looking at the sky, I am seeing snow. It is clear that the Ice Types modified the area for their living. Vanillite was supposedly born from an icicle that was hit by the rays of the sun. It has breath that is super chilled, and burrows into the ground to sleep. This week, I am only traveling with my Amomatisse, so hopefully, I can attract Vanillite. Once day turned to night, I went to work, quickly capturing Vanillite in a Quick Ball before it could bury itself in the snow for the night. I scanned the area, scanning Vanillish and a massive Vanilluxe, which is exceptionally rare in the wild.

582Vanillite_BW_anime.png
583Vanillish_BW_anime.png
584Vanilluxe_BW_anime.png
StatsVanilliteVanillishVanilluxe
HP365171
Attack506595
Defense506585
Special Attack6580110
Special Defense607595
Speed445979

Looking now at my new Vanillite, I am finding that there will have to be a location in the Villa, specifically set aside for the ice types, like Vanillite and Eiscue, an area where they can be comfortable. It looks at me, happy as can be, as I hug it close. The Fresh Snow Pokemon is very cuddly, and I am glad I have one now. It will be a powerful addition to my team one day. This is Amy and my new Vanillite, signing off!

Article #74-The Hunt For Evergreens
800px-459Snover_DP_anime.png
Greetings Trainers! It’s Travelin’ Dan! I am in Sinnoh this week, hunting for an evergreen tree for Christmas. The best place to go for this is the frozen location of Routes 216 & 217, near Snowpoint City. Let’s fly there and take my ax to hunt a tree!

= Snowpoint City =
Man, this place is so cold! Thank goodness I have my jacket, which I am zipping up so that only my eyes can be seen. I also have heavy duty gloves so that I can keep my hands warm. Eventually I found the tallest, most beautiful tree that would be perfect for the Villa on the border of Routes 216 & 217. However, as I prepare to chop down the tree, a blizzard suddenly envelops me, with a Snover & Abomasnow appearing. Both of these Pokemon have Snow Warning, which naturally summons a blizzard. I place down my ax which seems to make Snover happy and it shares some of its berries with me. One single Poke Ball captures Snover, while Abomasnow naturally Mega Evolves, summoning another, much fiercer blizzard, but not before I record the stats of both Abomasnow & Snover.

StatsSnoverAbomasnowMega Abomasnow
HP609090
Attack6292132
Defense5075105
Special Attack6292132
Special Defense6085105
Speed406030

The blizzard blows out any fires I try to prepare, eventually forcing me to pass out. I end up waking up in the Snowpoint City Pokemon Center. I contact my friends at the Villa and decide to stay here to recover. As I turn my head, I see an Evergreen tree in my room. Was it there before I was here? I snap a picture with the tree in the background.

I am signing off this week as I send the picture to the Villa. This is Travelin’ Dan, signing off!
120px-460Abomasnow_DP_anime.png

460Abomasnow-Mega.png

POTW: Gameplayers (Issue #43)
Welcome to Gameplayers! My name is Unovia, and it is great to have you here! This week, we are covering Snover & Abomasnow. They have a few locations in a few different Regions, so let’s get started.

Both Snover & Abomasnow were introduced in Sinnoh. Within Sinnoh, Snover was catchable on Routes 216 & 217 and Lake Acuity, while it and Abomasnow was catchable on the peak of Mt. Coronet. In Kalos, both Snover & Abomasnow were catchable on Route 17. Abomasnow was catchable in Alola in the Ultra Space Wilds. In Galar, Snover & Abomasnow had a lot of locations, many of them in the colder, snowy areas.

Moving to the Cards, both Snover & Abomasnow have had 9 Cards since they were introduced. That’s it for this week!

POTW: Shows & Reads (Issue #40)
Welcome to Shows & Reads! My name is Unovia, and it is great to have you here! This week, we are covering Snover & Abomasnow. Snover had a major appearance with Candice as part of the Snowpoint Gym in DP127. Abomasnow has had multiple major appearances in the anime. These are Candice’s (DP126), the Gym buster Morana (BW140), and Wulfric (XY120 & 122). Abomasnow has become a staple of Ice Type Gyms.

In the Manga, both Pokemon take on the roles that they have in the anime. In the Manga, Snover appears with Candice, while Abomasnow appears with both Candice & Wulfric. That’s it for this week!

Article #75-Candy Cane Day
Greetings Trainers! This is Travelin’ Dan! This week, I am in the Soothing Wetlands on the Isle of Armor in Galar to celebrate Candy Cane Day.These wetlands connect Fields of Honor, Brawler’s Cave, Challenge Beach, & the Forest of Focus. It is a central nexus point, and it took a bit for the Corviknight Taxi to get me out here to this patch of wilderness. I traveled from the Fields of Honor, pushing north. What am I collecting here? Lickitung. What does Lickitung have to do with candy canes? Candy canes are constantly being licked to soften the hard candy.

Taking out my Rotom Bike, I bike through the Wetlands, hoping to attract a Lickitung. To do so, I use an unconventional approach…a candy cane on a fishing rod. Biking along, eventually, I feel some resistance. A Lickitung, tongue wrapped around the candy cane, slowly taking the color off of the sugary treat. Considering Lickitung is distracted, I prepare to catch it, but have to be careful, since the adhesive power of its tongue could stall me out. Setting my brakes, Lckitung comes to a stop. Hopping off the bike, Quick Ball in hand, i strike the Pokemon, the ball reacts, and 3 shakes later, it is mine. Letting it out, I throw another candy cane out by hand, and surprisingly, Lickitung races out using Rollout to speed up and capture the food stuff. When it returns, Lickitung stops, suddenly evolving into Lickilicky.Pleased with this development, I record the stats of the Pokemon.

644px-108Lickitung_AG_anime.png
568px-463Lickilicky_DP_anime.png
StatsLickitungLickilicky
HP90110
Attack5585
Defense7595
Special Attack6080
Special Defense7595
Speed3050

My new Lickilicky is incredible. It is so big and heavy. On top of that, its tongue can dissolve anything. Apparently the tongue alone is 82 feet long, at least! Lickitung and Lickilicky are fascinating Pokemon, Pokemon of wonder, mainly due to its tongue length. I may house it in the villa kitchen to test food. Here's to Chef Lickilicky! This is Travelin’ Dan, signing off for this week!

POTW: Gameplayers (Issue #44)
Welcome to Gameplayers! My name is Unovia, and it is great to have you here! This is the last episode for the year! This week, we are covering Lickitung & Lickilicky. Let’s get started!

Lickitung was introduced in Generation 1, though it was not catchable until Cerulean Cave in Yellow. In Generation 2, it is catchable on Route 44. It was catchable agan in Generation 4, where it could be caught at Lake Valor & Route 215 in Sinnoh while it was catchable on Route 44 & the Safari Zone of Gen 4 Johto. In Generation 5, it was catchable at Challengers’ Cave & Route 2. In Generation 6, it could be found on the Victory Road. In Generation 7, it was catchable at Poni Gauntlet. Gen 7 Kanto, it returned to Cerulean Cave. In Generation 8, it was catchable at the Soothing Wetlands & Brawler’s Cave. In Gen 8 Sinnoh, it was catchable at Lake Valor and also a few Grand Underground locations.

Lickilicky was first introduced in Generation 4, though it was not catchable until Route 2 in Generation 5. In Generation 8, it was catchable in the Soothing Wetlands.

Moving to the Cards, Lickitung has had 18 Cards, while Lickilicky has had 9. That’s it for this week! Happy New Year!

POTW: Shows & Reads (Issue #41)
Welcome to Shows & Reads! My name is Unovia, and it is great to have you here! This is the last episode of the year! This week, we are covering Lickitung and Lickilicky. Let’s get started!

Surprisingly, Lickitung was owned by Jessie, captured in EP052. She rarely used it, though it traveled with her through Kanto, the Orange Islands, & Johto. During one of Team Rocket’s schemes in Johto, it was accidentally traded for Wobbuffet, with Lickitung now being owned by Benny. It was traded in EP146, and has not been seen since.

Lickilicky has had 3 appearances in the anime. The first time was M10, under the ownership of Baron Alberto. Due to the actions of Darkrai, Lickilicky and Baron Alberto merged, though they were eventually split.Lickilicky first appeared in the main anime in DP098, under the care of Angie. Lickilicky also appeared in DP185, under the ownership of Conway.

In the Manga, there was a Lickitung named Kit which was eventually caught by the protagonist Diamond. It later evolved into a Lickilicky. It appeared in the Diamond, Pearl, & Platinum Chapters. That’s it for this week! Happy new Year!

Article #76-All Hail The King
It took me some time to write this one, due to the beginning of the year and the celebrations. I am posting this now.

Greetings Trainers! We are so happy to be back for Season 3! There are several “Kingly” Pokemon. These are Nidoking, Kingler, Seaking, Slowking, Kingdra, Slaking, and the most “Kingly” of all Pokemon, Calyrex. We have 7 Pokemon to hunt down, and only so much time! After some discussion, we determine who is going to hunt down which Pokemon.

Team Member“King” Pokemon (Region)
Travelin’ DanNidoking (Kanto)
AmyKingdra (Kanto)
C. J.Kingler (Kanto)
AlanSlowking (Kanto)
MannySeaking (Kanto)
VanceSlaking (Hoenn)

Let’s get started!
480px-034Nidoking.png

= Route 22, Kanto =
Hey Trainers! This is Travelin’ Dan, here on Route 22 in the Kanto Region, looking for the first “Kingly” Pokemon, Nidoran. Once Nidoran evolves into Nidorino, it can evolve into Nidoking using a Moon Stone. Grabbing a Pokeball, I quickly threw the ball, capturing the rabbit like Pokemon. I hoped that the others would have success, as Nidoran was the only Pokemon I would have with me on this quest. I set out to train it into Nidorino. As soon as it evolved, I journeyed to Mt. Moon, finding a Moon Stone, which I would be able to use later. I wonder how the others are doing?
230Kingdra_OS_anime.png

= Route 12, Kanto =
Hey Trainers! It’s your girl, Amy, here on Route 12 in the Kanto Region, here to catch a Horsea. Once Horsea becomes a Seadra, given a Dragon Scale, & traded, it can become a Kingdra, another “Kingly” Pokemon. Wait…is that C. J.? I didn’t know that he would come here to hunt for his Krabby. I need to catch Horsea first. (She pulls it up, then quickly catches it, deciding to sit with C. J.)
600px-099Kingler.png

Hey Trainers! This is C. J., here on Route 12 in the Kanto Region, here to catch a Krabby. Once Krabby becomes a Kingler, it becomes a “Kingly” Pokemon. Here we go! (He captures Krabby) Wait. Is that Amy? Maybe we can travel together. Amy! Amy! Let’s go together! (The two reporters decide to travel together.)

C. J.:Where are we going now Amy?
Amy:Trying to find a Dragon Scale. I think that there should be one in the Sevii Islands, since I saw a picture of one that is located there. Let’s go!
C. J.:How are we going to get there?
Amy: The Sevii Islands are south of Kanto, so we will have to travel to the Seafoam Islands via ship, then catch another ship to the Sevii Islands.
C. J.:Alan is in the Seafoam Islands to catch his Slowpoke! Maybe we can find him there and then head to the Sevii Islands.
Amy:Three pairs of eyes are better than one. Let’s go!

(From Route 12, the two traveled to Vermillion City, purchasing fare for a Seagallop Ferry. From there, they travel to the Seafoam Islands, where Alan is.)
600px-199Slowking.png

= Seafoam Islands, Kanto =
Hey Trainers! This is Alan, here in the Seafoam Islands, to catch another Pokemon, Slowpoke. It can evolve into a “Kingly” Pokemon, Slowking, using a Kings Rock. I saw a notice in a magazine where a Kings Rock can be found in the Sevault Canyon in the Sevii Islands. For right now, let’s find Slowpoke! (After a bit of a journey, he eventually sees the slow moving Pokemon lounging near a rock. A quick Pokeball captures it easily. As he leaves, he sees Amy and C. J. outside the cave. After a brief discussion, they travel together to the Sevii Islands. First, however, they decide to contact Manny, who is also nearby, near Vermillion City.)
646px-119Seaking_AG_anime.png

= Route 6, Kanto =
Hey Trainers! This is Manny, here on Route 6 in Kanto, to catch another Pokemon, Goldeen. Goldeen evolves into a “Kingly” Pokemon, Seaking. Goldeen is a weak Pokemon, but should it be able to evolve into Seaking, it will be a lot stronger. (He pulls up a Goldeen, catches it, then gets a call to go to Six Island to meet with the others and travel together.)

= Six Island, Sevii Islands, Kanto =
Amy, C. J., Alan, and Manny met up at Six Island, and the four commenced their journey. They manage to find the Dragon Scale & Kings Rock. During their journey there, they had spent some time training, able to get Horsea to Seadra (Amy), Krabby to Kingler (C. J.), Slowpoke to Slowbro (Alan), and Goldeen to Seaking (Manny). Once they were done, the four took a ferry back to Pallet Town, where Dan and his Nidorino waited.

= Pallet Town, Kanto =
In the small town of Pallet, the adventurers meetup to discuss progress. Dan evolves his Nidorino into Nidoking, Amy gets her Kingdra, and Alan gets his Slowbro to Slowking. The five decide to trek to Hoenn to show support for Vance, the only one that had to go elsewhere to get a “King”. They book a ship to Hoenn, and begin to travel there.
800px-289Slaking_AG_anime.png

= Petalburg Woods, Hoenn =
Hey Trainers! This is Vance, alone in the Petalburg Woods, here to catch a Slakoth, connected to another “King”, Slaking. Slakoth is slow, so it is easy to find. There we go. I now travel to Petalburg City, communicating with Dan and the others, where we all arrange to meet up here and then travel to Galar, where we will head to the Crown Tundra, where the ‘King of Galar” awaits, a Pokemon named Calyrex. Let’s go!
During the journey there, Slakoth becomes Vigoroth and then Slaking. All of the team comes together to record the stats of their Pokemon.

StatsNidoran
Nidorino
Nidoking
Horsea
Seadra
Kingdra
Krabby
Kingler
Slowpoke
Slowbro
Slowking
Goldeen
Seaking
Slakoth
Vigoroth
Slaking
HP46
Attack57
Defense40
Special Attack40
Special Defense40
Speed50
240px-898Calyrex.png

As they arrive in Galar, they head to the Crown Tundra, where they hear about the legend of Calyrex. They make it to the Crown Shrine, where they meet the Pokemon, but are unable to record the stats. Goal complete, the team decides to stay in Galar.

Well, we completed our goal, seeing all of the “Kings” of Pokemon. That’s it for this week! We are signing off!

Article #77-Houseplant Or Vine?
657px-114Tangela_AG_anime.png
Greetings Trainers! It’s your girl, Amy, here on Route 44 in Johto on Houseplant Appreciation Day, looking for a Tangela. I have my Cherrim out here to try to draw Tangela out. I had to use Sunny Day, since Tangela may be tempted to try to block the sunlight. This strategy worked, and Tangela came out vines first, attempting to stop Cherrim, though Cherrim’s speed got Tangela dancing, which allowed me to catch Tangela easily. Based on the research I had done, I knew that Tangela could evolve into Tangrowth upon knowing Ancient Power. I decided to train up Tangela so it could evolve, it eventually did. Upon evolving, Tangrowth decided to walk up to me and give me a hug, which put me in an awkward position, since the vines could wrap me up easily. I now had my “houseplant”, and decided to record the stats of the two Pokemon.

StatsTangelaTangrowth
HP65100
Attack55100
Defense115125
Special Attack100110
Special Defense4050
Speed6050

The odd thing about Tangela and Tangrowth is about the darkness that is covered by the vines. No one has ever seen what is behind the vines, even researchers who have spent years studying these curious Pokemon. Some people wonder how Tangela and Tangrowth can be considered plants, due to their vine nature. They seem like Pokemon that belong in a jungle type environment, that is sure. So the major question of whether it is a house plant or a vine is not one that we will not solve here. This is Amy and my Tangrowth, signing off!
800px-465Tangrowth_DP_anime.png

Article #78-Praise The Dragons
Greetings Trainers! This is Travelin’ Dan and the entire Travel Crew, here in the Villa of Sinnoh. Today, we are discussing Dragon Types for Dragon Appreciation Day. With there being 61 Dragon Types, there are too many to actually go and explore, so we decided this week, we would discuss them in regard to Region. There is a lot to discuss, so let’s get started.

In Kanto, there is one Dragon Type family, the Dragonite line. In Johto, Dragon Types got one new member, Kingdra, the Dragon Type evolution of Seadra. Hoenn added several Dragon linages to the roster, including the Flygon line, the Altaria line, the Salamence line, the Eon Duo of Latios & Latias, & Rayquaza. Sinnoh added the Garchomp line as well as the Creation Trio of Palkia, Dialga, & Giratina.

Unova added the Haxorus line, the Hydreigon line, as well as the Tao Trio of Reshiram, Zekrom, & Kyurem. Kalos added a Dragon Fossil Pokemon in the Tyrantrum line as well as the typical Dragon Type in the Goodra line and the Noivern line. There is also the third member of the Aura Trio in Zygarde. Alola saw several Dragons added, Turtonator as well as Drampa, a standard line in Kommo-o, and even a few Ultra Beasts, like Guzzlord & Naganadel. Lastly, in Galar, there was Applin, which was a branched evolution, the Fossil Dragons Dracozolt & Dracovish, Duraludon, the Dragapult line, and the Legendary Eternatus.

A summary of Dragons is not complete without discussing Mega Evolutions & Regional Forms, and there are several of each. First are the Mega Evolutions, with 9 Dragons. Charizard, typically a Fire & Flying Type, evolves into a Fire & Dragon Type using the Charizardite X. Ampharos, typically an Electric Type, evolves into an Electric & Dragon Type using the Ampharosite. Latios & Latias both got Mega Evolutions using Latiosite & Latiasite. Garchomp got a Mega Evolution with the Garchompite. Sceptile, typically a Grass Type, evolves into a Grass & Dragon Type using the Sceptilite. Altaria, typically a Dragon & Flying Type, evolves into a Dragon & Fairy Type using the Altarianite. Salamence, typically a Dragon & Flying Type, maintains that typing upon evolving using the Salamencite. Rayquaza, typically a Dragon & Flying Type, maintains that typing upon evolving. Unlike the other Mega Evolutions, Rayquaza does not Mega Evolve using a Mega Stone, instead Evolving while knowing the move, Dragon Ascent. There is only one Dragon Type Regional Form, that of Exeggutor, typically a Grass & Psychic Type. In Alola, Exeggutor becomes a Grass & Dragon Type.

Dragon Types started out as one of the least used Types of all Pokemon and eventually evolved into a Type that many different Pokemon shared, being a common Typing among Legendary Trios and the like. It has a lot of Mega Evolutions as well. The Dragon Type was so powerful that the Fairy Type was created to balance their strength. This has been a summary of the Dragon Type with your traveling Companion Travelin’ Dan and his friends. This is us, signing off, reminding you to praise the Dragon Types in your life!

Article #79-Mail Call!
600px-021Spearow.png
Greetings Trainers! This is C. J. and Alan, here in Goldenrod City to celebrate National Handwriting Day, looking for a guard named Randy Webster, Randy recently wrote a letter to his friend. We are here to meet with him to have a discussion about mail. We are told by Nurse Joy that Randy Webster is in the guardhouse of Route 35.

We join him as he takes his break, writing a letter to his friend, a man who spends his time sleeping on Route 31, whom he refers to as “Mr. Snorlax”. He handed us his prized Spearow, named Kenya, for us to deliver the letter, along with the Pokeball. Reading the message, it said, “Letter, thank you! Adventure was fun wasn’t it? Zubat was the one thing I wanted to avoid…Dark Cave leads to another road.” The message was very neatly written, full of cursive swirls and motions. It was very pretty.

Charged with a request, we headed north to Route 36, passing around the National Park. Turning right, east, we continued into Violet City, where we rested for the day, making sure to take care of Kenya. The next morning, we continued east onto Route 31, where we saw exactly why the man was called “Mr. Snorlax”. He had a green sleep cap which covered his ears and extended into points, mitts that looked like claws, a cream colored shirt, green pajama bottoms, and cream colored slippers. If you looked at him from a distance, he would have looked like a Snorlax, hence the name.

Kenya noticed him, beginning to screech and squawk, pecking at the cage. We released it, and it flew to the overweight man. We ran over, he poured us some tea, and we were allowed to stay with him. In his tent, he also had half finished letters, clearly full of ideas that he wanted to share with his friend. Mr. Snorlax decided to keep Kenya, and considering the day was coming to a close, we decided to call it a day. The writing between these two men is amazing, making us commit ourselves to making our writing look better, especially when we write reports! This is C. J. and Alan, signing off!
600px-VSPoké_Maniac_PE.png

Article #80-Wrap Yourself In Bubbles
751Dewpider_SM_anime.png
Greetings Trainers! It’s your girl, Amy, here in Brooklet Hill on Akala Island, celebrating Bubble Wrap Appreciation Day. My goal is to catch a Dewpider and maybe an Araquanid. Luckily, I have my fishing rod and a few Pokemon that will give me an advantage in these captures. (Amy sends out Lapras and Empoleon to swim in the water, while also sending my Tangrowth out to help catch the needed Water Types. After I set up camp, I put together my fishing rod, adding a lure. Sitting on the edge of the brook, I wait for a Dewpider to come up, which it eventually climbs up the rod. Tangrowth grabs it slowly, using a combination of the vines and its hands to collect it. Throwing the Dewpider in the air, Tangrowth allows me to catch the Dewpider.

StatsDewpider
HP38
Attack40
Defense52
Special Attack40
Special Defense72
Speed27

Upon capturing Dewpider, I ran into my old friend, Lana, who frequents the area. During our discussion, I asked her how to find an Araquanid, and she told me that they could be found in Malie Garden, which is on Ula’ula Island. With that advice, I returned Lapras, Empoleon, & Tangrowth before calling Charizard to fly me to Ula’ula Island and the Garden, leaving Lana behind. Once I reached the Malie Garden, I slowly moved through, noting the different elements, looking like a different Region. I sent out Alcremie and Tangrowth to attract the Araquanid. Eventually, the great bubble spider appeared, and I used Alcremie to fight the spider, easily catching it. I then recorded the stats of it.

StatsAraquanid
HP68
Attack70
Defense92
Special Attack50
Special Defense132
Speed42
Now that I had the bubble makers, I decided to get myself some tea from the tea shop in the middle of the Garden. This is Amy, signing off for this week!
752Araquanid_SM_anime.png

Article #81-The Panda & The Chopsticks
674Pancham_XY_anime_2.png

675Pangoro_XY_anime.png
Greetings Trainers! It’s your girl, Amy, still in Malie Garden this week for National Chopsticks Day. Chopsticks are a type of utensil used in eastern cultures, such as those like Johto. A Pokemon that represents an eastern culture is Pancham and Pangoro, two panda-like Pokemon that are native to Kalos. Even though they are native to Kalos, there are also groups of them in Alola, one of which is on Route 10, just outside of Malie City.

Traveling south of the garden, I moved through the city then headed west, onto Route 10. Pancham has a unique evolution. In order to become a Pangoro, Pancham has to not only level up, but has to level up while a Dark Type is in their trainer’s party. Route 10 is between Malie City & Mount Hokulani, and has a bunch of trees that are known to have Flying Types bursting out of them. Here comes the little panda now! (Sees a Pancham)

See that leaf? It is used simply by Pancham to look cool and tough. Pancham also looks up to its leader, Pangoro, who gives leaves to the coolest and toughest of the Pancham. (Sends out Alcremie to catch the panda. One Quick Ball later and it is caught)

StatsPancham
HP67
Attack82
Defense62
Special Attack46
Special Defense48
Speed43

Now that I have caught Pancham, I have to figure out a way to get a Dark Type to facilitate this evolution. Heading back into the Garden, I trained Pancham against the Pokemon in the Garden, eventually getting Pancham almost trained up and ready to evolve. Remembering that I need another Dark Type to trigger the evolution, I remembered that Meowth in Alola are Dark Type, so I endeavored to catch one. After I found one, I caught it quickly, which triggered the evolution, just as I thought it would. Pangoro!

StatsPangoro
HP95
Attack124
Defense78
Special Attack69
Special Defense71
Speed58

I have gotten 3 Pokemon after getting one. Looks like I should go to the tea shop again and have some rice using my chopsticks. This is Amy, signing off!

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom