• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon of the Week (POTW)

POTW: Shows & Reads (Issue #27
Welcome to Shows & Reads! My name is Unovia, and it is great to have you here! This week, we are discussing three of the Eeveelutions, the ones that involve Friendship, those being Umbreon, Espeon, & Sylveon. Umbreon has had 2 major representatives, those being with Ash’s rivals Gary & Gladion. In the Manga, it is owned by Karen in the Gold, Silver, & Crystal Chapters, Frontier Brain Greta in the Emerald Chapter, under the ownership of a Kimono Girl in the Heartgold & Soulsilver Chapters, and is mentioned in the X & Y Chapters.

Espeon has had 2 major representatives, those being with Misty’s friend Sakura and Frontier Brain Anabel. In the Manga, there is one under the ownership of Red, first shown in the Gold, Silver, & Crystal Chapters. In the Heartgold & Soulsilver Chapters, there is one under the ownership of a Kimono Girl. There is one each mentioned in the X & Y Chapters and the Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun, & Ultra Moon Chapters, with the later one being Dexio’s.

Sylveon has had two major representatives, those being Serena’s, one of Ash’s traveling companions and Valerie, Fairy Type Gym Leader. In the Manga, Sylveon appears under the ownership of the protagonist Y in the X & Y Chapters. That’s it for this week! We will see you next week!

Article #55-Glameow, the Glamorous Kitty of Sinnoh
Greetings Trainers!
It’s your girl, Amy, here in Sinnoh for International Cat Day! Today, we are in Jubilife City, the largest city in Sinnoh. If we move to the west, across Route 218, we will be able to catch the Pokemon for this week, Glameow. Route 218 is between Jubilife City & Canalave City. It's a water Route as well, so thank goodness I have my Empoleon. I also have my Aromatisse to attract the Glameow.

Getting to the other side, I use Aromatisse to attract Glameow. Instead what happens is a group of Glameow, with a large Purugly, clearly the mother cat, appears. Glameow is known to be spiteful & fickle, while Purugly can be intimidating. Purugly is glaring at me, wanting me to leave her Glameows alone, then it left, with all of its Glameow, except one following behind. The Glameow, clearly not too old, is still attracted by Aromatisse. While it was distracted, I used a single Pokeball to capture it. I recorded the stats of both it and the mother Purugly, who sat and watched me capture one of her young.

508px-431Glameow_DP_anime.png
549px-432Purugly_DP_anime.png

StatsGlameowPurugly
HP4971
Attack5582
Defense4264
Special Attack4264
Special Defense3759
Speed85112

The mother Purugly, seeing its young gone, gave me one mean glare and walked away, its huge body and long tail swaying back and forth.That Purugly was mean, yet dismissive, potentially showing the future that my Glameow might show. Glameow can also use its tail as a dancing ribbon, making it a good Pokemon for Pokemon Contests, which are common in Sinnoh.

This is Amy with my new glamorous Glameow, ready to sign off for the week. Until next week, we are signing off. See you next week!

POTW: Gameplayers (Issue #30)
Welcome to Gameplayers! My name is Unovia, and it is great to have you here! This week, we are covering Glameow & Purugly, the cats of Sinnoh. Both Glameow & Purugly were introduced in Diamond, Pearl, & Platinum, though they were only available in Pearl, catchable on Routes 218, 222 and 229. Glameow is catchable in the Hidden Grottos in Unova, while both are catchable in the Mirage Forests in Gen 6 Hoenn.

With the Cards, both Glameow & Purugly were introduced in the Diamond & Pearl Expansion, and they both had 7 Cards. That’s it for this week!

POTW: Shows & Reads (Issue #28)
Welcome to Shows & Reads. My name is Unovia, and it is great to have you here! This week, we are covering Glameow & Purugly, the cats of Sinnoh. Beginning with the anime, Glameow has two major appearances.These are both associated with the female protagonist, Dawn. These associations are Johanna, her mother who was once a Top Coordinator, and Zoey, Dawn’s rival and friend. Purugly, by contrast, was introduced as the main Pokemon of Mars, one of the Commanders of Team Galactic.

In the Manga, Glameow shows up as part of Johanna’s team, who was the mother of the Protagonist Diamond, while Purugly appears with Mars, as n the anime and games. That is it for this week. See you next week!

Article #56-Relaxing With Munchlax & Snorlax
Greetings trainers!
It’s your girl, Amy, still here in Sinnoh, and on Route 218, camping under a tree. This week, we are celebrating Relaxation Day. What is the most relaxed Pokemon? Why it’s Snorlax and by extension its pre evolution Munchlax. I am situated under a Honey Tree, known for potentially attracting a Munchlax.I have several jars of Honey and a paintbrush, so I am going to see if I can attract a Munchlax to my campsite.To add a little bit of interest, I have my Aromatisse out to draw Munchlax out. Munchlax is known as hyperactive, and often hides food in its fur. It is forgetful, however, and as a result, will eat moldy food, same as the evolution, Snorlax.

= Several Hours later ==
I have been checking the tree, and so far, nothing. Wait, what is that? (Rustling sounds can be heard) A Pokemon has left the brush and is climbing the tree! What Pokemon is it? Let me get my flashlight. It's Munchlax! We got its interest! It doesn’t want to fight, its only objective is the honey. Let me throw a Great Ball and see. (Throws a Great Ball, which captures Munchlax)

Woohoo! I caught it! Let me record its stats:
240px-446Munchlax.png

StatsMunchlax
HP135
Attack85
Defense40
Special Attack40
Special Defense85
Speed5

What is going on? (Munchlax comes out of the Ball, then searches through my bag, eating all of the honey. It also finds a Soothe Bell, wearing it. Munchlax rests, then unexpectedly evolves) My Munchlax is evolving into Snorlax! That was very fast!

240px-143Snorlax.png

StatsSnorlax
HP160
Attack110
Defense65
Special Attack65
Special Defense110
Speed30

As I grab the Great Ball and return my now Snorlax, I think about my luck. I easily attracted a Munchlax then after it binged, it quickly became a Snorlax. That is a lot of excitement for one day, and I am tired. I think I am going to relax with my new Snorlax this week. This is Amy, signing off for this week.

POTW: Gameplayers (Issue #31)
Welcome to Gameplayers! My name is Unovia, and it is great to have you here! This week, we are covering Munchlax & its evolution, Snorlax. Let’s start with Snorlax, who existed for a significant time before Munchlax. Snorlax is introduced in Kanto as a roadblock, catchable on Routes 12 & 16, following waking it using Poke Flute. In Johto, Snorlax is caught near Vermillion City. Snorlax is in the same location in Kanto for Generation III. In Generation 4 Johto, Snorlax is catchable on Route 11. In Kalos, Snorlax is catchable on Route 7, once again as part of a roadblock requiring a Pokeflute. In Alola, Snorlax is an SOS discovery on Route 1. In LGPE, Snorlax has 3 locations, Route 12, 16, & Cerulean Cave. Finally in Galar, Snorlax is a wanderer in a few locations.

Munchlax is introduced in Diamond, Pearl, & Platinum as a random catchable Pokemon under the Honey Tree Phenomenon. Munchlax is not available in the wild again until Alola, where it can be captured on Route 1. Finally in Galar, it is found at Motostoke Riverbank, Bridge Field, Stony Wilderness, & Ballmere Lake.

In the Cards, Snorlax has 31 Cards since being released in the Jungle Expansion, while Munchlax has had 9 Cards since being released as part of Splitting Deoxys. That’s it for this week!

POTW: Shows & Reads (Issue #29)
Welcome to Shows & Reads! My name is Unovia, and it is great to have you here! This week, we are covering Snorlax & Munchlax, so lets get started. In the Anime, the most famous Snorlax is with Ash, which he caught in the Orange Islands. This thing has been a monster on the battlefield, winning Ash many battles. As far as Munchlax, the most famous one belongs to May, which she caught in Hoenn due to the fact that it liked her Pokeblocks. It has been a wildcard in her team.

In the Manga, the most famous Snorlax belongs to Red, who is one of the strongest members of his team. The protagonist Diamond has a Munchlax named Lax. Lax shows considerable stabina and durability, as well as living up to its species tendency to hide berries in the fur. That’s it for this week!

Article #57-The Angel Pokemon, Togepi
Greetings trainers! It’s your girl, Amy, here in Eterna City, Sinnoh this week. Why am I here? There are two reasons. First, its to celebrate Be An Angel Day, and secondly, I recently heard a rumor that Cynthia isin town to investigate the Sinnoh Legendaries Palkia & Dialga. Rumors also state that, if you are lucky, she will give you a Togepi egg, which hopefully we will receive. Considering that Cynthia is the Sinnoh Region Champion, she is a well traveled person who has seen a lot and is also a tough challenge to take on. I intend to battle her for a chance to get a Togepi egg.

Togepi is known as a bringer of joy and friendship, collecting and sharing the joy around it to those who need it. If it is taken care of by kind people, it evolves into Togetic, and then, should the person have a Shiny Stone, they can evolve it to a Togekiss. Togekiss are super rare, only known to be owned by dedicated and kind trainers. Apparently, if Cynthia can give out Togepi eggs, she has a Togekiss, demonstrating her dedication to Pokemon.

Making the trek to the hill where the Legendary Statue is, I see a woman in a black coat who has blonde hair. She must be Cynthia. Dan told me that he met her back when he was investigating the Solaceon Ruins. That was quite a while ago, and he never battled her. He also told me she is a nice woman. As I climb the hill, a sudden wind picks up, almost as though the area itself knows how powerful she is. Clearing my throat, a little bit of timidity in my voice, I ask, “Hello. Are you Cynthia, Champion of Sinnoh?” The woman turns around, her grey eyes being striking. Dan was right, she is intimidating. Swallowing hard, I challenge her to a battle, to which she asks for the stakes. I reply:

1. If I win, you give me a Togepi Egg and recognize me as an equal to you.
  2. Even if I lose, you give me the Togepi Egg, since that is what I am here for.

Cynthia smiles, looking down at me. She then accepts the fight, but warns how strong she really is. With no hesitation, we go to square off at the Eterna City Pokemon Center. When people see Cynthia, a crowd forms to watch the battle. Steeling my determination, I prepare my team for the tough challenge ahead. The referee, Nurse Joy, states the rules.

1. The battle will be a full 6 on 6 Battle.
  2. The winner will be the one who has a Pokemon left standing.
  3. The prize is a Togepi Egg, a rare egg.
292px-Diamond_Pearl_Cynthia.png

Champion CynthiaAmy (Challenger)
SpiritombAromatisse
RoseradeEevee (Sylveon)
TogekissEiscue
LucarioLapras
MiloticEmpoleon
GarchompRoserade

Cynthia opens with Spiritomb, a Ghost and Dark Type, while I open with Aromatisse, a Fairy Type. A single Moon Blast takes out Spiritomb. Unfazed, she sends out Roserade. A back and forth ensues, with Aromatisse using Psychic and Roserade using Sludge Bomb, a double KO. She sends out Togekiss and I bring out Eevee. My Eevee evolves quickly into Sylveon, despite only being with me a short while. Maybe the intensity of the battle excited her. Cynthia is still unfazed, and she may even be impressed with me. It is hard to say. The two Pokemon go back and forth, but her Togekiss eventually outclasses Sylveon, taking it out with an Aura Sphere. I brought out Eiscue, a Pokemon she had not seen before. The battle was a quick double KO. She sent out Lucario and I sent out Laras. Lucario was wicked fast, very quickly outspeeding Lapras, taking it out with Aura Sphere. Seemed like Cynthia was getting into her own. I sent out Empoleon, and the two Pokemon matched up nicely, with Empoleon being able to shield itself from Lucario. Empoleon eventually took Lucario out. To counter Empoleon, she sent out Milotic, who eventually wrapped itself around Empoleon like a dainty snake. Empoleon was very weak after the Lucario battle, and the stress of fighting to get out wore it out, allowing Milotic to win. Down to my last Pokemon, I send out Roserade. Roserade eventually beats down Milotic. Cynthia, not even challenged at this point, brings out Garchomp. Cynthia smiles, seemingly knowing something I don’t. A quick Brick Break takes out Roserade, making Cynthia the winner. I collapse on my knees, shocked at my loss.

Cynthia, being the winner yet kind, gives me a Togepi Egg, a Shiny Stone for when it is ready, and gives me the data for all 3 stages.

175Togepi_SM_anime.png
176Togetic_OS_anime.png
800px-468Togekiss_DP_anime.png

StatsTogepiTogeticTogekiss
HP355585
Attack204050
Defense658595
Special Attack4080120
Special Defense65105115
Speed204080

Cynthia heals up my team, then congratulates me on the effort, inviting me to stay with her during my time here. Gladly, I intend to take her up on it. Thanks Cynthia! This is Amy, signing off this week!

POTW: Gameplayers (Issue #32)
Welcome to Gameplayers! My name is Unovia, and it is great to have you here! This week, we are covering the Togepi family. Togepi has, by far, the most availability of any Baby Pokemon, being obtainable first from Professor Elm’s assistant, then from an Egg in the Water Labyrinth in the Sevii Islands, then in Route 230 or from Cynthia in Sinnoh, White Forest or from Curtis or Yancy in Unova, Lavaridge Town in Gen 6 Hoenn, and a trade for a Toxel in Hammerlocke or catchable in Bridge Field, Hammerlocke Hills, Lake of Outrage, or Rolling Fields in Galar.

Togetic is not catchable in the wild until Galar, catchable in Stony Wildnerness, Bridge Field, Hammerlocke Hills, Lake of Outrage, or Rolling Fields.Togekiss is first catchable in the wild at Poni Gauntlet in Alola, then at Dusty Bowl, Bridge Field, Hammerlocke Hills, Lake of Outrage, or Rolling Fields.

Moving to the Cards, Togepi has had 16 Cards since the Neo Genesis expansion, Togetic has had 11 Cards since Neo Genesis, and Togekiss has had 10 Cards since the Great Encounters Expansion. That’s it for this week!

POTW: Shows & Reads (Issue #30)
Welcome to Shows & Reads! My name is Unovia, and it is great to have you here! This week, we are covering the Togepi family. In the Anime, Togepi has been mostly famous because of its association with Misty. It was first found in Episode 46, where it was found by Ash. When it hatched, it assumed Misty was its mother. After journeying through Kanto & Johto, it eventually evolved into a Togetic to protect the Togepi Paradise. Togekiss became part of Dawn’s team, the protagonist of the Diamond & Pearl Series. It became the “mother Pokemon” of the group, helping to settle arguments. In the Manga, the most famous Togepi is from Gold, who raised it from a Togepi all the way to a Togekiss. While Togepi and Family are known typically as gentle and peaceful Pokemon, Gold has one that is naughty and stubborn, character traits that are not characteristic at all of the species, implying that trainer environment may influence their behavior. That’s it for this week. We will see you next week!

Article #58-Night Of The Bats
Good Evening Trainers! It’s C. J. and Alan, along with Manny and Vance. We are in Kalos this week to celebrate bats, the quintessential nocturnal creature. There are 4 Bat species in the Pokemon World. These are Zubat, Gligar, Woobat, & Noibat. We will work to capture the four species.

= C. J. =
Hi Trainers! This is C. J., and I am heading to Connecting Cave, just east of Cyllage City. This cave is also known by the locals as Zubat Roost. It is filled with Zubat, who are said to hang from the roof of the cave. Having neither eyes nor nostrils, Zubat does its hunting using echolocation, or sound waves, to sense direction. Looking up, I see a horde of Zubat, and I am worried to catch one, waking up the others. (Tosses a Luxury Ball up in the air, catching Zubat. The Pokeball drops, hitting the surface of the cave ground, waking up the other Zubats) Oh goodness! I have to run! Thank goodness I got my Zubat! Hope that Alan did better than I did! Hopefully I can train it up, get it to a Golbat, and eventually a Crobat. The good thing is, I have a Soothe Bell. How is Alan doing? Here are the stats:

600px-041Zubat.png

StatsZubat
HP40
Attack45
Defense35
Special Attack30
Special Defense40
Speed55

= Alan =
Hi Trainers! This is Alan, and I am heading to Route 19, which is between Snowbelle City & Couriway Town. It is known to startle prey using its quick speed. There is one! Better be careful with its scorpion tail! (Gligar flies toward Alan, and he quickly catches it. As he goes to pick up the ball, he sees a Fang) Oh wow! I think this is a Razor Fang, which is usable to make it evolve to a Gliscor at night. I will make it into a necklace and put it around my neck so I am able to evolve it when both Gligar and I are ready. Here are the stats:

120px-207Gligar.png

StatsGligar
HP65
Attack75
Defense105
Special Attack35
Special Defense65
Speed85

= Manny =
Hi Trainers! I am near Reflecting Cave, looking for Woobat. I am wearing a helmet, mainly because Woobat are known for dropping from the ceiling in the cave. Reflection Cave has many reflective surfaces, hence the name. Maybe I can use some of the shine from a reflective surface to avoid the scary drops. Let’s go in!

Looking up at the roof of the cave, using the headlamp of my helmet, I saw a cloud of Woobat. Oh here we go! They are chasing me, and hopefully I will be able to get a good luck capture so I can escape! (Throws a Luxury ball into the cloud, which captures one) Sweet! Let’s escape quickly going back where we came! Woobat needs high friendship to evolve, so it is a good thing I have a Soothe Bell to raise it. Here are Woobat’s stats:

527Woobat_XY_anime.png

StatsWoobat
HP65
Attack45
Defense43
Special Attack55
Special Defense43
Speed72

= Vance =
Hi Trainers! I am near Terminus Cave, looking for Noibat. I am wearing a helmet, mainly because of a fear of Noibat dropping from the ceiling, which is pretty common. This area is also the rumored home of Zygarde. Being so late in their journey, Noibat is high level, close to its evolution of Noivern. Here it goes, in and out in short order.
(Vance sees a Noibat, quickly capturing using a Dusk Ball) It’s nice to get a quick evolution. Here are its stats:

714Noibat_XY_anime.png

StatsNoibat
HP40
Attack30
Defense35
Special Attack45
Special Defense40
Speed55

Looks like it is time for us all to meet up!

= Short Time Later =
Ok, so all of us have met up in a camp, and I think it is time for us to compare the bats (They all release their bats. Zubat is now a Golbat, Gligar is now a Gliscor, Woobat is now a Swoobat, and Noibat is now a Noivern. During the comparison, Golbat quickly evolves into Crobat). Here are all of their stats.

600px-042Golbat.png
800px-169Crobat_OS_anime.png
545px-472Gliscor_DP_anime.png
528Swoobat_XY_anime.png
715Noivern_XY_anime.png
StatsGolbatCrobatGliscorSwoobatNoivern
HP7585756785
Attack8090955770
Defense70801255580
Special Attack6570457797
Special Defense7580755580
Speed9013095114123

These bats are fascinating, and we are glad to have captured them. We are going to sign off! Good night!

POTW: Gameplayers (Issue #33)
Welcome to Gameplayers. My name is Unovia, and it is great to have you here. This week we are covering the Bats of Pokemon, beginning first with Zubat. If you have a cave or dark area, Zubat will be there. There are only two Games where Zubat cannot be found, those being Black & White, & Sword & Shield. Golbat has appeared in all games other than X, Y, Sword, & Shield. Crobat has only been available in the wild in Unova and Alola. Gligar appeared in Gold, Crystal, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, Black, White, Black 2, White 2, X & Y. Gliscor appeared in Black, White, Black 2, & White 2. Woobat appeared in Black, White, Black 2, White 2, X, Y, Sword, & Shield. Swoobat is only in the wild in Sword & Shield. Noibat is available in the wild in X, Y, Ultra Sun, Ultra Moon, Sword, & Shield. Noivern is available in Ultra Sun, Ultra Moon, Sword, & Shield.

Moving to the Cards, Zubat has had 22 Cards, Golbat has had 18 Cards, Crobat has had 23 Cards, Gligar has had 15 Cards, Gliscor has had 13 Cards, Woobat has had 9 Cards, Swoobat has had 8 Cards, Noibat has had 7 Cards, and Noivern has had 8 Cards. That’s it for this week!

POTW: Shows & Reads (Issue #31)
Welcome to Shows & Reads. My name is Unovia, and it is great to have you here. This week, we are covering the Bats of Pokemon. All of the Bats have been featured in the anime. Brock trained a Zubat all the way up to a Crobat. Koga had a Golbat in his battle against Ash. Gligar & Gliscor has been under the ownership of Ash, while Paul had a Gliscor. Woobat was under the ownership of Jessie of Team Rocket. Swoobat was under the ownership of Skyla, used in the Gym Battles against Cilan and Ash. Noibat & Noivern have been under the ownership of Ash, and Alexa owned a Noivern as well. This ends the show for the week! See you next week!

Article #59-Running Out Of Time With Dialga
600px-483Dialga_BDSP.png
Temporal_World.png
Greetings Trainers! This is Travelin’ Dan, here at Mt. Coronet to celebrate Running Late For Something Day. This week, we are discussing Dialga, the Temporal Pokemon. Now, we are not able to actually see Dialga, so we decided to see if we could find Spear Pillar, where Sinnoh is supposed to have begun. Wait...What is this? It’s a flower that seems to be made from glass. It seems like this has some connection to Dialga, considering it is near the Spear Pillar. I am going to go to the Eterna City Museum where there is currently the Adamant Orb on display, which is connected to Dialga.

= Eterna City =
With the mysterious flower in a glass jar, I headed to the Eterna City Museum. There it is! The Adamant Orb! Look at this! The flower is reacting to it! Wait! What is happening? The Adamant Orb and Time Flower are reacting! (A Portal opens, taking Dan through)

= Temporal World =
(Dan arrives in a sapphire blue world, surrounded by crystals. He is floating)
Where am I? I am in a strange place. Why am I here? Who or what brought me here? (He sees a shadow) Is that...Dialga? Dialga is the master of Time. (Dialga appears in front of him) Dialga! Let me go home! I don’t mean to be here, in your land. (Dialga roars, its eyes flashing, and Dan departs)

= Eterna City Pokemon Center =
Oh my goodness! I am back home, though in a Pokemon Center. The Adamant Orb and that mysterious flower have disappeared, but at least I am safe. I am exhausted considering what happened to me. (Dan looks out the window, seeing the statue of the Legendary Pokemon)

I can’t believe I met Dialga! Hopefully, I won’t be too late to file this report! Until next week, this is Travelin’ Dan, signing off!
Time_Flower.jpg

POTW: Gameplayers (Issue #34)
Welcome to Gameplayers! My name is Unovia, and it is great to have you here. This week, we are covering Dialga, the Temporal Pokemon. Being a Legendary, Dialga is extremely rare to find. Dialga is first seen in Sinnoh during Diamond & Platinum, catchable at Spear Pillar. In Alpha Sapphire, you can find Dialga by soaring in the sky. In Ultra Sun, it is catchable in the Ultra Space Wilds. Lastly, it is also catchable in Pokemon Sword in a Max Lair.

Moving to the Cards, Dialga has had 22 Cards since it debuted in the Diamond & Pearl expansion of the Trading Card Game. Until next time, we will see you!

POTW: Shows & Reads (Issue #32)
Welcome to Shows & Reads! My name is Unovia, and it is great to have you here. This week, we are covering Dialga, the Temporal Pokemon. Being a Legendary, Dialga is extremely rare to find. Dialga appeared in M10, M11, and M12 as a major character, and appears in M18 as a cameo. In the anime, Dialga appears in DP152, during Cyrus’ attempt to control Sinnoh.

In the Manga, Dialga appears in the Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heartgold, & Soulsilver Chapters. That is it for this week. See you next week!

Article #60-In Requiem
Greetings Trainers!
This is C. J. and Alan. We are near Mt. Pyre, a Memorial location in the Pokemon World, here to celebrate National Pet Memorial Day. It allows us to commemorate the loss of our beloved pets, which usually requires a Requiem Mass, or a prayer for the beloved to move onto the next life.

To accomplish this ritual, it is customary to have Duskull, which is why we are here to collect them. Duskull is the Pokemon equivalent of the Grim Reaper. Alan and I are both going to catch one to participate in the ritual. As we pass many mourners, who are crying for their dear departed Pokemon, we see two Duskull who seem to be following us, apparently having great interest in what we are doing here. We also see many Duskull shaped lamps hung on the grave sites. Now we understand why the Duskulls are following us. They must think we are mourners.

Turning quickly, we see both Duskull, who happily hug us, waiting for us to capture them, which we quickly do. The Duskulls both drop a cloth, which we quickly pick up and examine. This is easily a Reaper Cloth, used to evolve a Dusclops into a Dusknoir when the time comes.

Here is Duskull’s stats:
696px-355Duskull_AG_anime.png
StatsDuskull
HP20
Attack40
Defense90
Special Attack30
Special Defense90
Speed25

Upon the capture, the Duskull in the Cemetery celebrate, which summon Dusclops, which align themselves next to each grave site. We then record the stats of one.

688px-356Dusclops_AG_anime.png
StatsDusclops
HP40
Attack70
Defense130
Special Attack60
Special Defense130
Speed25

In addition, the priest over the mass has a Dusknoir, which is leading the Pokemon in the church in their celebration during the mass.

477Dusknoir_XY_anime.png
StatsDusknoir
HP45
Attack100
Defense135
Special Attack65
Special Defense135
Speed45

Dusknoir is an interesting Pokemon, since it is known to take spirits along with it to a ghostly dimension. We both agree that Dusknoir is a Pokemon that is fitting for this ceremony, and with our newly caught Duskull, we join in on the prayer, then as the ceremony closes, we depart for our next adventure.

This is C. J. and Alan, signing off for this week!

POTW: Gameplayers (Issue #35)
Welcome to Gameplayers! My name is Unovia, and it is great to have you here. This week, we are discussing Duskull and its evolutions, Dusclops and Dusknoir. Let’s get started!

Duskull and Dusclops were both introduced in Gen 3 Hoenn. Duskull is kinda rare in most of the games it has been in. Duskull was found on Route 121, 123, & Mt. Pyre. In Sinnoh, Duskull is found on Route 224, Route 209, Lost Tower, & Turnback Cave. In Gen 4 Johto, Duskull was found in the Safari Zone. In Generation 6 Hoenn, Duskull only has Mt. Pyre. In Sword & Shield, Duskull has a few locations, mostly in the Wild Area.

Dusclops is found at Sky Pillar in Gen 3 Hoenn, Route 224, Sendoff Spring, & Turnoff Cave in Sinnoh, and the Safari Zone in Gen 4 Johto. In Sword & Shield, Dusclops is in a few locations in the Wild Area. Dusknoir is mostly catchable only in Sword & Shield.

Moving to the Cards, Duskull has had 16 Cards, Dusclops has had 14 Cards, and Dusknoir has had 12 Cards. That’s it for this week!

POTW: Shows & Reads (Issue #33)
Welcome to Shows & Reads! My name is Unovia, and it is great to have you here. This week, we are discussing Duskull and its evolutions, Dusclops & Dusknoir. Let’s get started!

Duskull has only shown up once in the anime, AG146 as part of a team of Ghost Types who couldn’t stand the Psychic Types in the town. Dusclops showed up in a few appearances, most significantly with Pyramid King Brandon in AG189 & AG190. Dusknoir has had several appearances, with the most significant appearance with Conway during the Lily of the Valley Conference.

In the Manga, Duskull had its most significant appearance with Fantina, and Dusclops had its most significant appearance with Wally. Dusknoir has not had any major appearances. That’s it for this week!

Article #61-Interview With A Pirate
Ahoy Mateys! It is your girl Amy! This week we are discussing Chatot, the parrot that is often on a pirate's shoulders. We are in Cherrygrove City, meeting with the criminal who, prior to his arrest, was known as “The Phantom” or “Captain Phantom” and with his arresting officer, Pokemon Ranger Jackie Walker.

Amy: “Captain Phantom, you were a successful pirate, known for many crimes. What were you actually arrested for? This is for a WorldWide Audience.”
800px-Phantom_Chatot.png
Phantom: “I was arrested for stealing a Legendary Pokemon egg, a Manaphy, and for destabilizing a civilization known as “The People of the Water” and their palace, Samiya. It is a legendary place. I would have gotten away with it too, if a group of people led by a boy with a Pikachu and a Pokemon Ranger had not stopped me. I am hoping to use this as an opportunity to fight for my case.”
800px-Samiya.png
Amy: “Well, now that we know what you are accused of, every pirate typically has a bird, a parrot, that they have with them. I notice you don’t have yours. What happened to it?”

Phantom: “After I was arrested, the Pokemon Ranger took my beloved Chatot and I don’t know what happened to it. My arresting officer was Ranger Jack “Jackie” Walker a Pokemon Ranger.”

Amy: “It was nice to talk to you, Captain.”

Ahoy Mateys! It’s Amy, this time talking to Pokemon Ranger Jack Jackie Walker, arresting officer for Captain Phantom.

Amy: “Mr. Walker, what should I call you? Jackie or Jack?”
Jack_Walker_art.png
Walker: “I like the name Jackie. What is with the interview?”

Amy: “We are doing Talk Like A Pirate Day. To celebrate it, we decided to interview the Phantom and you, his arresting officer. We also celebrate Chatot this week, which I see you have on your shoulder. You are supposedly a Pokemon Ranger. What is that, for our audience?”

Walker: “A Pokemon Ranger is like a Pokemon Trainer in that we capture Pokemon. The difference is that, unlike a trainer who permanently captures a Pokemon using Pokeballs, Pokemon Rangers use an item called a Capture Styler to temporarily capture a Pokemon for use with cases as needed. I am a Rank 9 Ranger, just under Top Ranger. Capturing the Phantom was my highest profile capture. On a side note, I now have his Chatot as my own.”

Amy: “Before we finish this interview, can I record the stats of Chatot?”
Walker: “Sure. Go ahead. Chatot is a rare Pokemon that can mimic Human speech.”

533px-441Chatot_DP_anime.png

StatsChatot
HP76
Attack65
Defense45
Special Attack92
Special Defense42
Speed91

(Amy finishes writing, then talks to Jackie.)

Amy: “Mr. Walker...sorry...Jackie. It was nice to meet you and Chatot. Hopefully you will get to be a Top Ranger soon. This is Amy, signing off mateys for this week!

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom