• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon of the Week (POTW)

Article # 1-Slakoth, Slaking, and Lazy Day (August 10th, 2020)
Greetings Trainers!
This is your favorite traveling man, Travelin’ Dan. (Yawn). Boy, today I am feeling mighty lazy. It gets me thinking about the laziest Pokemon around the world. There are several good candidates for this crown, however we are going to focus on one family of Pokemon, Slakoth and its final form, Slaking. I am in a tent in Petalburg Woods with my trusty Poochyena, since any trainer knows it is not safe to travel into the grass alone. We are hunting for the elusive Slakoth, since it has a low encounter rate. (Spots a Slakoth)

779px-Petalburg_Woods_ORAS.png

Slakoth is known as “The Slacker Pokemon”, and is well known for sleeping 20 hours a day. (Throws a Pokeball and catches it) As far as stat distribution, Slakoth has its best stats in HP, Attack, and Defense, each with a base of 60. Its lowest stat, unsurprisingly, is speed at 30. When Slakoth grows to level 18, it evolves to Vigoroth, a Pokemon which, unlike its preevolution or post evolution, is actually fast. Should Vigoroth get to level 36, it will become Slaking, known as “The Lazy Pokemon”. Slakoth and Slaking have the ability Truant, which only allows them to move every other turn. While it seems like Truant would be a disadvantage to some, Norman, the Petalburg City Gym leader, uses 2 Slaking in his Gym battle in the games, while he uses both a Slakoth and a Slaking (as well as a Vigoroth) in the anime.

600px-287Slakoth.png

Speaking of Slaking, it is viewed around the world as the laziest Pokemon. Even though it is seen as lazy, it is actually saving energy for close up attacks, making it deceptively strong. That is no surprise, considering Slaking has the best stat as Attack at 160 and a close HP stat of 150.

600px-289Slaking.png

Now if you will excuse me, I am going to snuggle up with my Slaking plushie and take a lazy day nap. This is Travelin’ Dan, Poochyena and my newly captured Slakoth, signing off. See you next week, when we will be discussing Thriftshop Day in the Thrifty Megamart Abandoned Site on Ula’ula Island in Alola. See you then!

Last edited:
You know, once I get back to my challenge (since I have to at some point), I want to play with a hacked Slakoth and Slaking just to see just how much of a necessary evil is Truant.

Note To The Readers #1
Upon review with the Honorable Sharkshocker, who suggested more images, color, and text changes, the next postings will have images connected to the article. That way, we can connect more with our readers.
The next posting will be released on August 17th! I have the next few articles written out and planned. For the record, the articles for August 17th and August 24th are written, and the articles for August 31st, September 14th, and September 21st are planned. Still working on the plan for Labor Day (September 7th), but it will be set up when the article comes up.
Thank you to all of our readers and followers.

Article # 2-The Ghostly Shopper, Mimikyu (Thrift shop Day)
800px-Thrifty_Megamart_Abandoned_Site_SMUSUM.png

Greetings Trainers!
This is your favorite traveling man, Travelin’ Dan. Last week, we were in Petalburg Woods, catching a Slakoth. Today, I am in the Thrifty Megamart Abandoned Site on Ula’ula Island in the Alola Region. Legend states that a Legendary Pokemon destroyed the building years ago. Walking in, this place is creepy! (Shivers) Today, in honor of Thrift Shop Day, we are looking for a Mimikyu. Mimikyu is known as “The Disguise Pokemon”, and the rag it wears serves two purposes. First to hide the shadowy true form and second to look like a Pikachu, which it feels have more friends. I brought a Pikachu along to draw the creature out and a Gengar to actually catch it, though it is incredibly rare. (Sends Pikachu out, then brings out a flashlight as the two walk through the abandoned store. Eventually he sees a shadow in the distance, which promptly attacks Pikachu)

600px-778Mimikyu.png

Ok. So, Pikachu drew Mimikyu out. Let me save Pikachu and bring out Gengar to actually capture this creature. (Returns Pikachu and sends out Gengar) While my Gengar fights Mimikyu, let’s talk about Mimikyu’s stats. Mimikyu has its best stat in Special Attack with 105, and its lowest stat is Special Defense at 50. Mimikyu has the special Z Crystal Mimikium Z, which transforms the move Play Rough into Let’s Snuggle Forever. I think I have weakened Mimikyu enough, since it is now trying to escape. Mimikyu is a tricky Pokemon, since once it is hit, the form of Mimikyu changes, from the typical “Disguised Form” to the “Busted Form”. It wants to escape to repair the rag it wears. Now is the time to catch it. (Throws out a Luxury Ball, which after a brief struggle, captures Mimikyu)

Mimikyu is the favorite Pokemon of Acerola, the trial captain of this abandoned site. She also owns one in the anime. Hopefully, I can give it a good home and keep it away from Pikachu! That does it for this week. I am going to take my new capture and the rest of my team and get out of this drafty place before more of the ghosts come out to play. (Leaves building, and suddenly sees another Pokemon)

What is that? It looks like a bull with a shell and a bell on its tail. Is that one of the Legendary Tapus that supposedly guards the islands of Alola? (Digs in backpack and pulls out a book, Legendaries of The Alola Region, and after thumbing through it, finds the Pokemon that he is looking for) Tapu Bulu, the guardian of Ula’ula Island. Does that mean? Tapu Bulu was the one that destroyed this location? I am now face to face with a Legendary Pokemon! It looks ready to fight! (Sends out Gengar, then commands a Shadow Ball, which squarely hits the Tapu. A battle ensues, with the two Pokemon trading blows)

600px-787Tapu_Bulu.png

Tapu Bulu looks a bit weakened. Perhaps I could try to capture it? (Throws Ultra Ball, which connects with the Tapu. After a brief struggle, the Tapu breaks out, defeats Gengar, then after looking back at the stunned reporter, vanishes)

Well, that was exciting! Thank goodness I still have Pikachu and Mimikyu. First time I saw a legendary when doing this job. There may be more in times to come. Join us next week, when we will be heading back to Hoenn to celebrate Vesuvius Day, camping on the active volcano Mt. Chimney. This is Travelin’ Dan, Pikachu, Gengar, and my newly captured Mimikyu, signing off. The major challenge is going to be keeping Mimikyu separate from Pikachu. I think I may have started a feud! See you on Mt. Chimney!

Note To The Readers #2
Greetings dear adventurers!
I am posting this notice to update all of you who check this out as to our future articles.
Articles: Written to the end of August (August 31st). This would be Article #4.
Pokemon: Selected through November 2nd. That would put the selections out to Article #13.
Locations: Selected through November 2nd. Article #13.

Thank you to all who read and anticipate these articles.

Article #3-Numel, Camerupt, and Fiery Path
I am posting this week's article early because I have a tropical storm headed my way, which may reduce my activities here for the next few days. If you say prayers, please say prayers for me.
Thanks to the readers. Now to the article for this week.

424px-Slateport_City_Mt_Chimney_artwork.png

Greetings Trainers!
Last week, I chased down a Mimikyu in the Thrifty Megamart Abandoned Site, Ula’ula Island and also met with the Legendary Pokemon Tapu Bulu, fighting with it in the process. Now, I am camped outside the Fiery Path. Fiery Path is a path cutting through Mt. Chimney. Mt. Chimney is one of two volcanoes in the Hoenn Region, with the other named Mt. Sootopolis. While Mt. Sootopolis is an extinct volcano with the city of Sootopolis in its crater, Mt. Chimney dominates the Hoenn Region, with 3 locations in its impact zone (Fallarbor Town, Verdanturf Town, and Lavaridge Town). The volcano is believed to be one of the resting sites of Groudon, the Legendary Pokemon that, according to legend, formed all of the land in the world. Maybe, with some luck, I will run into it! After all, last week, Tapu Bulu attacked me. If it happens, it happens. Before we move into Fiery Path, let’s discuss the three towns in the shadow of the active behemoth, beginning with Fallarbor Town.

800px-Fallarbor_Town_ORAS.png

Fallarbor Town literally exists in the shadow of the volcano, resulting in a constant falling of ash. Professor Cozmo, who studies meteorites, makes his home here. To the west of town is Meteor Falls, which in ancient times was the home of the Draconid People. The town of Fallarbor has several points of interest. There is a Contest Hall, the Hoenn Move Reminder, Professor Cozmo’s house, and a Move Tutor. Fallarbor Town has a population of 26 people.

800px-Verdanturf_Town_ORAS.png

Verdanturf Town is a town that is known for its very clear air, a place where the sickly can get better. Verdanturf has quite a few points of interest. These include a Contest Hall, a move tutor, and a unique Poke Mart where Nest Balls can be purchased. It has 27 people. It is also the home of Wally, challenger for the Hoenn League.

789px-Lavaridge_Town_ORAS.png

Lavaridge Town is on the southern foot of Mt. Chimney, famous for its hot springs. During my travels to Fiery Path, I personally visited the hot springs in the Pokemon Center. If you haven’t been there, it is certainly worth the visit! In Lavaridge, there are two other locations of note. These are the Herb Shop and the Lavaridge Gym, home to Flannery, the fire type Gym Leader. Much like Verdanturf Town, Lavaridge Town also has 27 people. Northeast of Lavaridge Town is Jagged Pass, near where I am.

571px-Fiery_Path_ORAS.png

With all of this stated, it’s time to go into Fiery Pass. While Lavaridge Town is a fantastic location for hot springs for people, the equivalent exists here for Pokemon. This humid maze connects Lavaridge Town and Route 112 to Route 113 and Fallarbor Town. We are here to capture a Numel.

600px-322Numel.png

Numel is known as “The Numb Pokemon”. Numel is a dim witted Pokemon which seems to be led by its stomach. It also does not do well if it becomes wet, though given its typing of Fire and Ground, is not surprising. Its highest stat is the Special Attack at 65. Numel evolves into Camerupt at level 33.

600px-323Camerupt.png

Camerupt is known as “The Eruption Pokemon”, perfect for Vesuvius Day. Camerupt has its best stat in Special Attack at 105. Camerupt’s volcanoes have the potential to erupt every ten years. Its anger is easy to trigger as well, meaning trainers have to be careful with it. Camerupt also has the capability to Mega Evolve.

600px-323Camerupt-Mega.png

My team for this capture includes my evolved Poochyena, now a Mightyena, and a Breloom, evolved from a Shroomish I happened to capture previously in Petalburg Woods after I caught Slakoth in a previous adventure. To trigger Numel to come out for the capture, I spent some time cooking apple slices, since Numel are known to like apples. (Spots a Numel) Here we go! (Starts laying an apple slice trail, which Numel follows) Numel is now looking up at me, I think I can capture it. (Gently taps Numel with a Great Ball, which Numel becomes captured in)

Cool. Looks like I have Numel. Should be a great partner for me. Seems we didn’t run into Groudon though. Unfortunate. This is Travelin’ Dan, signing off with my new Numel. Join us next week when we visit Galar for the first time. Until then, see you later.

Last edited:
Note To The Readers #3
Greetings Readers!
Well, I survived through the storm. We didn't get rain, wind, or anything. In other news, my laptop (2 Months Old) is having major issues. Might have to replace a motherboard. I don't know until the tests are done. :(
Do not worry though! The next article though! It will be released on the normal schedule on this laptop. Until the laptop is fixed (should be about a week or so), I will be writing and releasing articles through my other laptop (10 Years Old).

Relating to my articles, I have the next one written, then I will have to pick up time to write the next few. The plan is to write Articles 5 (Released 9/7), 6 (9/14), and 7 (9/21) in preparation for release. Thank you to our readers and viewers.

Article #4-Galar & Cramorant
Hey Readers, before I get started with the article of the week, let me state once again that my new (2 month old) laptop where I write these articles is having issues and will be out of commission though for about a week or so. I will be writing from my 10 Year old laptop for a bit, so as long as I have no major issues with Google Docs (where most of my articles are stored), I should be fine to write. As of this writing, I am still working on my new postings for the next few weeks, but luckily, this weeks' article subject (Cramorant) is complete, so with that said, please enjoy!

800px-Circhester_SwSh.png

Greetings Trainers!
The Galar Region. I have heard so much about the Region, yet have never actually set foot on Galarian soil. Guess there is a first time for everything, huh? Anyway, I landed in Circhester a few days ago, and man, is it cold! Honestly, if I didn’t know where I was going, I would have thought I accidentally boarded a plane to Snowpoint City in Sinnoh! As I arrived in Circhester and started walking around, I ran into Gordie and Melony, Gym Leaders for the city. They helped me get what is called a “Rotom Bike” and shop for warmer clothes. Thank you to them both. They also gave me a Lifetime Pass to watch Gym Challenges in Galar. I may one day take on the challenge myself.
800px-Galar_Route_9_SwSh.png

Going back to my quest in Galar, I am here to capture a Cramorant. Cramorant is a notoriously gluttonous Pokemon that can swallow prey whole. I was told by Melony that the best place to catch Cramorant was the frozen location of Route 9. I began looking for it, my Pikachu at my side. Cramorant is not a smart Pokemon, often attempting to swallow Pokemon that is not their prey, like Pikachu. (Spots Cramorant)

600px-845Cramorant.png

Seems Cramorant has noticed me, especially my Pikachu. (Backs up slowly as Cramorant attempts to place Pikachu in its mouth) Now, this may look bad for Pikachu, but I actually want Cramorant to attempt to swallow Pikachu. Pikachu is going to send a shock down Cramorant’s gullet during the “Gorging Form”. (Cramorant spits out Arrokuda at me (Gulping Form), which I take the moment to catch.
HOME845Gu.png

Cramorant takes the moment to swallow Pikachu. Pikachu shocks it from the inside and gets spat out.) HAHAHA! Cramorant got fried! That’s what you get for going after MY Pikachu! (I throw an ultra ball, and Cramorant swallows it, where the ball catches it from the inside.)

HOME845Go.png

Ok. I didn’t intend to fry that chicken, but any way to get it works! As I walk back to Circhester, let me discuss the stats. It’s highest stat is a 95 Special Defense and the lowest stat is 55 Defense. Cramorant is a pokemon that fits very well with Eat Outside Day, especially considering how much it gorges down. With the capture of Cramorant, I am going back to the Pokemon Center to make sure both it and my Pikachu are safe. (Pulls out a Rotom Phone and calls for Corvinknight Taxi)
Some time later…
Both of my Pokemon are okay. This capture was difficult, and I hope Pikachu is not mad at me for its use in the captures. Anyway, next week, I will be heading to Pinwheel Forest and Twist Mounain for Labor Day. See you next week!

Last edited:
Note To The Readers #4
Greetings Readers,
Shortly after I made the statement about my computer having issues, they were corrected (I made the statement Sunday, I had my computer fixed Monday, and it was back in my hands by Tuesday). No issues any more there.

In regards to the articles coming up, expect my next posting tomorrow (as usual). I have up to Article #7 written and they all have pictures ready to be set up during the posting process. My intention is to release Articles #5 & #6 before I sit down to write any more, since Articles #8 and #9 are a two parter set in the same Region. I will write Articles #8 and #9 after Article #6 is released for reading, and will write Article #10 when Article #7 is released. I have everything planned out to Article #13, so probably after writing #11, I will sit down and write through to Article #17 so I have out to the end of November written and all I have to do is release at the proper times.

In other news, I am considering writing a new series, along with my Sunday/Monday POTW posts, beginning in 2021. Not sure about the details yet, but watch out for that as the time gets closer. Will probably announce it at some point in November to build the hype.

Thank you to all of my readers and fans (if there are any out there, which I hope there are!).

Article #5-A Tour Around Unova for Labor Day (Part 1)
A warning to the readers,
This article is a bit long (hence the tour) but if you are willing to read, you will find the visit worth taking.
Enjoy the article for the week! Happy Labor Day!

Greetings trainers, and happy Labor Day!

800px-Pinwheel_Forest_Spring_B2W2.png

Today, I am camped in yet another forest. This time, it’s Pinwheel Forest in Unova. Pinwheel Forest dominates the landscape in southeastern Unova. Deep in the forest, there is a rumor of an area called Rumination Field, where the legendary Virizion supposedly resides. Maybe, if we are in the forest long enough, we will run into it. (A Pidove flies by, and I catch it) This Pidove is going to be helpful to catch the Pokemon we are in the forest to find Timburr and maybe even a Gurdurr.

600px-532Timburr.png

Timburr carry logs and love to help with construction. Carrying logs help to build their muscles and the bigger the log they carry, the closer they are to evolve. Showcasing strength is a characteristic of many fighting types, including Timburr and Gurdurr. (Lets out Pidove, which showcases the move Air Cutter) Perfect! Pidove will be able to cut down a Timburr easing the process of catching it. (After some time looking for a Timburr, I eventually found one. I send out Pidove to weaken Timburr, who swings its log in an attempt to strike Pidove. A battle goes on between the two.)

While I am running after Pidove to catch Timburr, I am taking this moment to record Timburr’s stats. Timburr, typical of Fighting Types, has its best stat at an 80 Attack, meaning it is a physical attacker. Its lowest stat is a weak 25 Special Attack, typical of the type. Timburr and its entire family (Timburr, Gurdurr, and Conkeldurr) are known as “The Muscular Pokemon”, known for being at construction sites. (Pidove eventually corners Timburr, blasting it into a tree. As it hits the tree, I throw a Great Ball to capture it.) Unfortunately, Timburr is not the only catch I am hunting for this week. To find Gurdurr, I have to find a new location, since Gurdurr is not here at an easy to catch level. I am going to move through the forest to get to Skyarrow Bridge and then to Castelia City so I can begin my trek to Twist Mountain, where the Gurdurr are easy to find.

600px-640Virizion.png

Wait. What is that? It looks like a Green blur. Was that the Legendary Virizion? I know there is a rumor it is here, but I never thought it was true.

Skyarrow_Bridge_BW.png

As I leave the forest, I find myself on Skyarrow Bridge. Skyarrow Bridge is the longest bridge in the Unova Region, connecting Pinwheel Forest to Castelia City.

Castelia_City.png

Castelia City is a city of 137, one of the largest in the world. There are many points of interest, fitting the size of the city, the most significant for trainers is the Castelia Gym, run by Burgh, the Bug type Gym Leader. Due to Burgh’s fame as an artist, Castelia City is a top place for artists in the Unova Region, with places like Cafe Sonata to help whet the appetite for artistry.

Unova_Route_4_W2.png

Heading north out of Castelia, I find myself crossing through Route 4, a desert location allowing passage to Nimbasa City.

(I had to break this posting up into several parts because of posting limitations.)

Article #5-A Tour Around Unova for Labor Day (Part 2)
Continuing from Part 1.

West of Route 4 is the Desert Resort. It is from here I catch a Darumaka, a fire type that can transform into Zen Mode after evolving into Darmanitan and having its HP cut by half.
Desert_Resort_entrance_BWB2W2.png

Relic_Castle_B7F_Volcarona_Room_BWB2W2.png

637Volcarona.png

The Desert Resort also has a deeper location, called Relic Castle, where the Pokemon Volcarona is said to reside. If I have a reason to explore the Relic Castle, I would be here to prove or disprove it. For now, I am pushing forward to Nimbasa City.

Nimbasa_City_Summer_B2W2.png

Nimbasa City is the third largest city in the world, with a population of 239. It is the heart of entertainment in Unova, home to the Musical Theater, where Pokemon Musicals take place, Gear Station, home to the Battle Subway and also includes the train to Anville Town, Big Stadium and Small Court, where many sporting events take place, the Rondez-View Ferris Wheel, and of course, the Nimbasa City Gym, where Elesa, the model and Electric type Gym Leader, takes on challengers. Nimbasa is a crossroads. Going east on Route 5 leads to Driftveil Drawbridge and Driftveil City, while going west on Route 16 eventually takes one to Marvelous Bridge, Route 15, and Black City or White Forest. To eventually find the Gurdurr I seek, we must travel east, through Driftveil City.

800px-Driftveil_City_Summer_B2W2.png

Driftveil City is a location focused on markets of different goods. There is a lighthouse, a move tutor, the Cold Storage, where cold food is stored, the Pokemon World Tournament, where trainers from all different Regions gather to see who is the best, and the Driftveil City Gym, where Clay, the Ground type Gym leader, takes on challengers. In the Cold Storage, I saw another group of Timburr, which I decided, for comparison purposes, to catch one from this location as well. Other than the change in level (Timburr in Pinwheel Forest are levels 13-16, while the ones in the Cold Storage are level 22), there isn’t much difference between the two. My Darumaka, which I caught on Route 4, helped with this takedown, given the coldness of this area. Thank goodness I caught him!

Cold_Storage_exterior_Spring_BW.png

Leaving the Cold Storage and walking back into Driftveil City, the path forward resumes on Route 6. Route 6 is home to two cave systems, Mistralton Cave and Chargestone Cave as well as the Seasonal Research Lab, where researchers study Deerling, Sawsbuck, and their connection to the seasonal changes in the Region. Deciding to travel through Chargestone Cave to arrive at Mistralton, I am astounded at the magnetism that is within the caves. It is so strong here that stones affected by magnetism can float and the cave is a natural meeting place for electric types, such as Joltik and Tynamo. (I take time to catch a Joltik while I am here) Crossing through Chargestone Cave, I arrive in Mistralton City.

Chargestone_Cave_exterior_Summer_B2W2.png

Chargestone_Cave_B2F_B2W2.png

Mistralton_City_Summer_B2.png

Mistralton City is a mountain-locked city, requiring the use of cargo planes to deliver goods around the Region. The Mistralton Cargo Service is evidence of the dominance of air travel in the city. Skyla, Mistralton Gym Leader, is a major part of the service. Unsurprisingly, she specializes in Flying type Pokemon. Because of its dependence on flight, a large portion of Mistralton City is covered by runways. My journey not yet completed, I push northward, onto Route 7, where Celestial Tower, and more importantly, Twist Mountain, my final destination, resides.Celestial Tower is to the Northwest, and Twist Mountain is to the Northeast. Changing my direction to the northeast, I enter Twist Mountain.

Twist_Mountain_BW.png

(Part 3 will be posted immediately.)

Article #5-A Tour Around Unova for Labor Day (Part 3)
(Check out Parts 1 and 2 as well.)

Twist Mountain is, true to its name, a winding series of caves. I bring out my Joltik to light my way through the mountain. As I travel deeper into the mountain caves, I run into a Drilbur, which I use my Darumaka to catch. Drilbur will be really helpful in navigating the cave system. In the deepest part of the cave, I find the object of my quest, Gurdurr, and most surprisingly, Conkeldurr. Maybe I can catch both, or catch a Gurdurr while studying the Conkeldurr. Moving slowly into the area, I find the Conkeldurr asleep while the Gurdurr work. Gurdurr’s dominant stat is its attack stat, at 105, 20 points above either HP or Defense. While Timburr carry large logs, Gurdurr’s strength has increased to carry steel beams. I have to be very careful to catch a Gurdurr without alerting the Conkeldurr to my presence. Using my Joltik, I manage to trap a Gurdurr with Electroweb, catching it in the process.

600px-533Gurdurr.png

I may have made a mistake, as the capture alerted the Gurdurr, and most worryingly, the Conkeldurr, who awoke with a mighty roar. Conkeldurr can wield concrete pillars as weapons, and is believed to have taught humans how to make concrete 2,000 years ago. Conkeldurr have a monstrous 140 attack stat, higher than any of its other stats. I am not sure how to face the creature down, though with its low speed stat of 45, I may be able to escape it. Returning my Joltik and sending out my Darumaka, I begin battle, not to catch it, but to slow it down and possibly stop it. (The battle commences, and after a short fight, Darumaka evolves into Darmanitan. With its sudden increase in strength, Darmanitan beats down Conkeldurr, surprisingly allowing me to catch Conkeldurr, which I end up doing with an ultra ball. After the catch, I escape with Drilbur using Dig.)

I am all grimy and soot filled! I came here to catch Gurdurr and I ended up catching not only a Gurdurr, but also a Conkeldurr! Great job Darmanitan! Like the caves of Twist Mountain, this week was a series of twists and turns. I started this log in Pinwheel Forest and ended up traveling throughout western Unova in my quest. I certainly performed a lot of labor for Labor Day, didn’t I? Next week, the objective should be a lot easier, catching a Krabby and Kingler for International Crab Fest Day on Silence Bridge in the Kanto Region! I think I deserve a break, don’t you, especially after this week. Until then, this is Travelin’ Dan, signing off.

(Note to the Reader: I didn't expect I would have to break up the article into 3 Parts. Hope you guys enjoyed the postings for this week. Next week, I promise the postings aren't nearly as long. :D)

Article #6-Silence of the River Crab
198px-Kanto_Route_12_HGSS.png

Greetings trainers!
As I said last week, I am on Silence Bridge in Kanto for International Crab Fest Day. This bridge spans all of Rote 12, and is a common place for fishers, both men and women, to gather and fish. In preparation for this week, I made sure to carry my retractable fishing rod and my team is simple: My trusty Pikachu. I am joining the fishermen on the bridge, who based on the chatter, are holding a contest to see who brings in the best catch. During my chat with the fishers before the contest began, it was evident that each one had different representations of lures. As for myself, I made a Pikachu lure for this log, since I knew what my team was going to be for this catch. Along with the average fishers, there are notably several legends here, all Gym leaders and Trial Captains. There is Misty of Cerulean City, Kanto, Cilan of Striaton City, Unova, Marlon of Humilau City, Unova, and Lana of Konikoni City, Alola. It appears that each one has a “Special Lure” that is a representation of themselves. I can only hope that I can even compete with them.
Misty's_lure_set_EP035.png

One of the old timers claimed that he saw a Gigantamax Kingler in this river.
099Kingler-Gigantamax.png

The record for largest Krabby, however, was established 22 Years Ago, when a kid named Gary caught his.
Gary_Krabby.png

Krabby has a 15% chance of being found here, while Kingler has a 5% chance. Krabby’s best stat is a base 105 attack stat, mirroring its brawler nature. (The line snags something) Here we go! You ready, Pikachu? Just my luck, it’s a Krabby! Awesome! (Krabby grabs Pikachu by the tail, which Pikachu shocks as a result) As part of the contest, I can only use Pokeballs, which is going to make getting Kingler tough to do. Interestingly, the winner gets a set of Lure Balls, Net Balls, and Dive Balls. (Catches Krabby) All 3 of those Pokeball types are able to catch Water types.

600px-098Krabby.png

As the day moves on, many of the fishermen leave the bridge, and soon, the only ones left on the bridge competing with me are the leaders, just as I expected. Just as I am about to give up, I feel a large tug on the line which nearly pulls me off the bridge. Eventually pulling the creature up, it’s a massive Kingler! Kingler is known for the size difference between claws, with the left claw being much larger than the right, packing 1,000 horsepower and being able to crack open the shells of the prey. (Tossing Kingler on the bridge angers it, setting up for an epic battle between it and Pikachu) Kingler, like Krabby, has the best stat of 130 Attack, though it is very defensive with 115 base Defense. (Pikachu uses Iron Tail as a sword to strike back at the large claw of Kingler, and a duel begins, with neither Pokemon getting the upper hand. Pikachu uses Volt Tackle to firmly hit Kingler in the chest, paralyzing it as a result. I catch the Kingler before it can bounce back.)
600px-099Kingler.png

Goal complete, Pikachu and I depart to the Fishing Shack to join in the festivities, leaving the legends to finish their day.

Some time later…
Well, I found out that the Kingler was a record for this year, but nowhere close to the Gigantamax one or the one by that Gary kid. On the plus side, I won the award, meaning I got the prize for the year. Once again, happy International Crab Fest Day. Next week, we are headed to Floaroma Town in Sinnoh to hunt down a legend! Make sure to join Pikachu and I then! This is Travelin’ Dan, signing off!

Article #7-The Aroma of Floaroma
Hey Readers,
I have a tropical storm in my area, so any prayers would be appreciated. Also, this week ends my prepped articles, so it will be some furious work to get next week's one set.
Thank you to all who read these.

793px-Jubilife_City_Pt.png

Greetings Trainers!
Pikachu and I just landed in Jubilife City, the closest city to Floaroma Town. Jubilife City is the 6th largest city in the world and the largest city in Sinnoh. There are several places of interest in this large city, including Jubilife TV, the Global Trade Station, Poketch Company, the Sinnoh Trainers’ School, and Jubilife Condominiums. It is a place where many cultures meet. Our goal is to head north to reach the flower fields of Floaroma Town. Today, we are trying to find the Mythical Pokemon Shaymin, as it is World Gratitude Day. Shaymin, the Gratitude Pokemon, is an understandably rare sight, but rumors stipulate that if you bring a Gracidea Flower to a flower field and demonstrate feelings of gratitude, Shaymin will appear.

381px-Floaroma_Town_Pt.png

The history of Floaroma Town says that it was once a barren landscape where nothing grew. In the attempt to bring life to the area, they started planting flowers, but still nothing grew. That was until someone expressed gratitude for the blessings of nature, and suddenly the field bloomed. The event that is thought to have triggered this transformation is Shaymin hearing the prayer and making flowers bloom. We are heading into Floaroma Town for the Gracidea Festival, the festival that commemorates this event.

Crossing into Floaroma Town, the beauty of the town is almost indescribable. I can believe that Shaymin would have brought the flowers into bloom. Very few have seen Shaymin, but sightings have occurred in Floaroma Meadow, and that is where I am going after I pick up a Gracidea Flower from a local vendor.

250px-Gracidea_flower_anime.png

(I gather a Gracidea Flower from a local shop and together, Pikachu and I move into the Meadow...

765px-Floaroma_Meadow_Pt.png

...bend in prayer, and thank Shaymin for its generosity. A small rain storm breaks out, and when the clouds part, a rainbow reveals itself and a small Pokemon walks into the meadow)

600px-492Shaymin-Land.png
600px-492Shaymin-Sky.png

Oh my goodness! It’s Shaymin! Shaymin reportedly has 2 forms, influenced by the Gracidea Flower. In the Land Forme, it is a pure Grass type and will be in that form on two occasions, at night and when frozen or cold. In contrast, it will assume Sky Forme when exposed to a Gracidea Flower during the day. Sky Forme is dual Grass and Flying type. Wait...There are two Professors here as well. (Moving closer, I see Professor Oak and Professor Rowan discussing Shaymin’s appearance in the meadow. Joining them, I attempt to talk to both of them.)

Diamond_Pearl_Rowan.png
Lets_Go_Pikachu_Eevee_Professor_Oak.png

Professor Rowan is the Sinnoh Region’s resident Professor. He specializes in Pokemon evolution and form changes. Professor Oak is, of course, the resident Professor of Kanto. He specializes in the relationship between humans and Pokemon. Shaymin seems to merge both of these specialties, since Shaymin changes form and appears due to the human emotion of gratitude. Shaymin represents harmony and balance, as it has the power to heal and absorb toxins using the flowers on the back.. Professor Rowan, who as part of his studies, analyzed Shaymin’s stats, gave me the rundown. In both forms, Shaymin has a total of 600. While in Land Forme, Shaymin has a balanced 100 in each stat, but in Sky Forme, the 600 stat is more distributed, with a 127 Speed stat as its largest stat and 75 in both Defense and Special Defense. Professor Oak told me that there is a location in the Sinnoh Region called the Flower Paradise, set apart from the majority of the Region where Shaymin are known to gather. (During this time, Pikachu has been playing with Shaymin and the two are close friends)

Upon finishing my prayer of gratitude, I prepare to leave, when suddenly, a Poke ball drops from my pocket. Shaymin comes up to it, and, to the shock of Oak, Rowan, and myself, gets captured by the ball. I now, unexpectedly, have a Shaymin. That is incredible! After saying goodbye to Rowan and Oak, I set off for my next adventure. Where am I going? Well, the next two articles are in the Unova Region, so 2 weeks in Unova, here we come! This is Travelin’ Dan, signing off!

Article #8-Public Lands Day
This is the beginning of a two week journey through Unova. Part 2 is next week with another article.

457px-Humilau_City_Spring_B2W2.png

Greetings trainers!
Today, I flew into Humilau City in Unova, as it is the closest city to my next destination, Route 23. Before we get there, however, we have quite the trek to make, crossing through Route 22 and the Giant Chasm before finding our prey. This week is National Public Lands Day, and Bouffalant is a very good representative for this week, given its wild nature.

600px-626Bouffalant.png

Route 22 is a location filled with hills and plateaus, giving the appearance of a very mountainous area. Scaling up using the raised walkways moving in a westernly direction, I arrive at the entrance to Giant Chasm. Giant Chasm is said to be the home of Kyurem, a legendary Pokemon. It is said that disaster awaits those who approach it, as indicated by the Absol that is following me, and after I chase it down, I catch it. Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately, I don’t run into Kyurem, and depart Giant Chasm with no major incident, appearing on Route 23.

600px-646Kyurem.png

Route 23 continues the mountainous area seen at the Giant Chasm. In the area, however, is a forest, where I stumble into a stampede of Bouffalant. I may have made a mistake, because Bouffalant reacts badly to anything that does not have an afro, like it does. I spend some time watching the Bouffalant, identifying the stats. Bouffalant has its highest stat in a 110 Attack and a 40 Special Attack. Bouffalant is a charging terror.

Giant_Chasm_Crater_Forest_Winter_BW.png

While I watch Bouffalant, I check my team, Gurdurr and Darmanitan, not sure which one to use. Gurdurr has super effective moves, while Darmanitan has speed on his side.Settling on Darmanitan, it uses Flamethrower to attract the attention of a Bouffalant that strays from the herd. As it rushes toward Darmanitan, Bouffalant moves faster and faster, which Darmanitan attempts to slow down using Hammer Arm on the ground. When that fails, it uses Fire Punch to strike it hard and Superpower to topple the bison. Quickly capturing the subject in an Ultra ball, I collect my team and slowly move back to Humilau City to collect my bearings. I bought a plane ticket in Humilau to fly to Nacrene City to continue my expedition in Unova.

Hey Unovia, I want to see you do one about the rivalry of Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza, as well as the rivalry between Rayquaza and deoxys and explain if all those rivalries have something in common.

Hey Unovia, I want to see you do one about the rivalry of Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza, as well as the rivalry between Rayquaza and deoxys and explain if all those rivalries have something in common.
I will if I don't have material. I use a calendar of different holidays as a guide. I can look into it though. I will definitely consider it, maybe as a Special.
Thanks for the posting!

Article #9-Audino, The Nice Pokemon
This Article continues the adventure in Unova from last week. If you haven't taken a look at it, please do so.

Nacrene_City_Summer_B2W2.png

Several hours later, I landed in Nacrene City, the city of art, named because the landscape is unique and inspires artists to create trends. Nacrene is a busy city, complete with a world renowned museum, a Pokemon Gym, several important warehouses, and a Move Tutor.

The Nacrene Museum is a location where Pokemon fossils are showcased. There are also several exhibits that are striking, including a Dragonite Skeleton, an Armaldo Fossil, and the legendary Light and Dark Stones, said to be connected to Reshiram and Zekrom, two of the three dragons of Unova. The Museum also doubles as the Nacrene City Gym. Regardless of the position, it is run by Lenora. Lenora specializes in Normal types. After I checked out the exhibits and thanking Lenora, I moved on west, into Pinwheel Forest.

The last time I was here, it was for Labor Day, catching a Timburr. Now, to celebrate Do Something Nice Day, I am here to catch an Audino. Before I went into the forest, I changed my team out to my level 15 Pidove, one of the Pokemon I had captured when I was last here. Audino is catchable in the forest through the phenomenon of Rustling Grass. Audino is known as “The Hearing Pokemon”, and is a common sight in Pokemon Centers in Unova because of its caring nature. It uses its ears like stethoscopes to measure the health of a Pokemon as well as when an egg is close to hatching. Audino are also known as a massive Experience builder for trainers who want to build up their teams, with 390 base experience points per battle. The Audino in Pinwheel Forest are also easy to find. Audino is also a common sight in Unovan Pokemon Centers as the assistant for Nurse Joy, as it is the replacement for Chansey and Blissey in other Regions.

531Audino.png

I am now walking through the Rustling Grass, looking for Audino. (Sees one as it comes up to me) Audino has its highest stat at an HP of 103. The lowest stat is a slow speed stat of 50. Interestingly, Audino is the only Unova Pokemon that can Mega Evolve. While it is a Normal type Pokemon in its regular form, it gains the Fairy type upon achieving the Form Change. The Mega Evolution increases the Defense and Special Defense by 40 each and the Special Attack by 20. In total, the stat change moves from 445 to 545.
531Audino-Mega.png

This Pokemon is a force in a nurses’ outfit, and that is why it is a fit for Do Something Nice Day, because everything it does is nice. (Audino reaches in and pulls a Pokeball from my bag, capturing itself in the process, and once again, doing a nice thing.)
With my capture complete, I leave Pinwheel Forest, and Unova, behind. Next week, it’s off to the meadows of Alola for Indigenious People’s Day. This is Travelin’ Dan, signing off.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom