• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon of the Week (POTW)

Article #10-The Four Forms of Oricorio
800px-Alola_USUM_artwork.png

Alola trainers!
We are in Alola this week for Indigious People’s Day. We are discussing Oricorio, the “Dancing Pokemon”. Oricorio has 4 different formes, all with different types in addition to the standard flying type, which can be triggered by the nectar of flowers that are in the meadows of Alola. Shortly after I arrived in Hau’ oli City, on Melemele Island and enjoyed the Shopping District, I began to travel to Melemele Meadow, the closest of the four.

Melemele_Meadow_SM.png

Walking into the meadow with my newly caught Rockruff (caught soon after arrival), I was astounded by the sea of golden flowers The Oricorio found here, Pom-Pom Style, is an Electric and Flying type Pokemon. Of the four Oricorio, Pom-Pom style has the lowest number of weaknesses, with 2.The Pokedex entry for this form of Oricorio suggests that it moves with cheer, but when the guard is down, it hits with a jolt of electricity. Luckily for me, Rockruff can counter the attack. (Sees Pom-Pom Oricorio dance, starting the battle. Rockruff uses Rock Throw, greatly weakening it. One Ultra Ball later, and I catch it) Out of the corner of my eye, I see a woman observing me. One Down, Three To Go!

351px-Alola_Route_6_USUM.png

Upon leaving Melemele Meadow, I left for Route 6 on Akala Island, which is just north of Heahea City. The Oricorio of Akala Island is the Pa’u Style, which is a Psychic and Flying type Pokemon. The Pokedex entry says this form of Oricorio gently sways, slowly building up psychic energy. (It sways into view, and Rockruff is mesmerized momentarily, then attacks. The battle goes back and forth, with the Oricorio dodging easily. Rockruff eventually overpowers the Pokemon, which I then catch) The same woman shows up again. That is curious. Who is she? Two Down, Two To Go!

Ula'ula_Meadow_SM.png

Heading back to Heahea City, I capture a Mudbray, then leave for Ula’ula Island, which is between Route 16 and Route 17. Out in the middle of nowhere, unlike the others so far, which were close to cities in the Region.In the Ula’ula Meadow there are a series of raised walkways that are running between the different flower beds. We are in the meadows, looking for Baile Style Oricorio, which is a Fire and Flying type Pokemon. This form of Oricorio is passionate, becoming furiously angry. (Rockruff and I jump off the walkways, landing in the flowers, where Oricorio quickly strikes. The battle ensues, and I catch it just as quickly) The mysterious woman begins walking slowly on the walkways, and as I stand still, watching her, she says, “One more to go, and I will battle you." I am a little creeped out, but Three Down, One To Go!

Poni_Meadow_SM.png

After a long trek to Poni Island, which saw me gain the trust of Mudbray enough to be able to ride it and for both it and Rockruff to evolve and be trained up to a Mudsdale and Midday Form Lycanroc respectively, I rode out into Poni Meadow. Poni Meadow is a desolate place, with the flowers hidden for the most part, and the Oricorio, Sensu Style, is Ghost and Flying type, and rare as the flowers. Eventually, as night falls in the wilderness, a shape comes out. It is the Oricorio, at long last! (The battle slowly begins, and the Oricorio, much more comfortable in its surroundings, initially has the upper hand in the fight. After some hesitation, Lycanroc leaps, catching the Oricorio in its teeth and flinging it up into the air, striking it quickly with a powerful Stone Edge. As the Oricorio falls, in order to quickly capture it before it phases into the ground, I quickly capture it in a Dusk Ball.) All four forms are mine! (As I research the 4 Oricorio, I find that their highest stat is a 98 Special Attack, and unfortunately none of them can learn Electric, Psychic, Fire, or Ghost moves naturally. How disappointing!)

741Oricorio-Pom-Pom.png

741Oricorio-Pa'u.png
741Oricorio-Baile.png
741Oricorio-Sensu.png

Off in the distance, I see smoke billowing into the sky. Slowly saddling my Mudsdale and returning my Lycanroc to its Pokeball, I ride out in search of the source. Upon finding it, I see a glowing, yet cloaked, face turned toward the fire, which slowly turns toward me. The being laughs hysterically. “My dear adventurer! I knew you would eventually complete your quest. I must ask you, do you know the secret of the nectar? Certainly, you have seen the different flowers? The flowers, when crushed, create a nectar that is able to transform Oricorio into its forms. I know about the nectar. Red turns Oricorio into Baile, Yellow turns Oricorio into Pom-Pom, Pink turns Oricorio into Pa’u, and Purple turns Oricorio into Sensu. I have tracked you throughout Alola, and do you remember what I told you on Ula’ula Meadow?” (The person stands)

“My name is Meredith, and I told you I would battle you!” (She throws off her cloak, takes a stance, and the battle begins.)

Meredith (Mysterious Woman)Travelin’ Dan
Oricorio (Pom-Pom)-Lv. 12Pikachu (Lv. 40)
Oricorio (Pa’u)-Lv. 17Mudsdale (Lv. 52)
Oricorio (Baile)-Lv. 36Lycanroc (Lv. 60)
Oricorio (Sensu)-Lv. 57

Meredith is eventually defeated after a tough fight.(The 4 Oricorio are put in the box prior to the battle) “You are a tough opponent, and I am glad you defeated me. You are the master of the Oricorio.”

With Meredith defeated, I leave for Hau’oli City. Suddenly, as I cross into the Poni Wilds, a Dragonite lands in front of me. It hands me an envelope, then picks me up and starts rocketing me over to my destination. Then as I deposit all of my team except Pikachu into the PC, Dragonite ushers me outside, where he picks me up and rockets me out of Alola. Where I am going, I don’t know. As Dragonite flies me to parts unknown, I finally open the envelope. Within, a woman hologram appears, she says,

“Greetings Pokemon Trainers,
You've been chosen to join a group of Pokémon trainers at a gathering. It will be hosted by my master, the world's greatest Pokémon trainer...at his palace on New Island. A ferry will leave Old Shore Wharf...to take you to the island this afternoon. Only trainers with this invitation will be admitted. If you decide to attend, you must reply at once. My master awaits you.”

Is that Nurse Joy? Who is this Master she speaks of? Most importantly, where are Pikachu and I going? Find out these mysteries and more next week! This is Travelin’ Dan, signing off!

Messenger_Dragonite.png

Article #11-The Life of Mewtwo

The Circumstances of one’s birth is irrelevant. It’s what you do with that life that determines who you are.-Mewtwo

Previously, Pikachu and I were in Alola, celebrating Indiginous People’s Day and capturing the four types of Oricorio. As we headed out to civilization, a Dragonite swiftly picked us up and rocketed us off to an unknown location. After opening the invite, Dragonite whisked us off to meet with someone that was referred to as “Master”.

Pokemon Mansion, Cinnabar Island, Kanto
Upon reaching the shores of Cinnabar Island, Dragonite carefully set us down, and dug out a Pokeball from my bag. Dragonite tapped it, capturing itself. I have to wonder why I am here. Dragonite brought us here, but why? As I walk on the island, I see a burned out building. Standing by and looking at the ruined mansion, I let myself in, as there is no key. When I walk around the interior of the building, Dragonite releases itself from the ball, and grabbing my hand, drags me to a table, and it sniffs the books, which then flutter open. Pikachu then releases itself out of the Pokeball (what is it with my Pokemon releasing themselves from their balls?) and settles itself on the table. I sit at the table and carefully read the journal. They describe a work of Science and Mew, the mythical Pokemon that supposedly has the DNA of all Pokemon. The Scientists supposedly created a Pokemon called Mewtwo. Looking at the date, I realize that the events described here are 25 Years old. This means there is a creature called Mewtwo out there, somewhere. On a page in the journal, it mentions the stats of both Mew and Mewtwo, as well as Mewtwo’s two Mega Forms.

Pokémon_Mansion_journal_artwork.png

StatMewMewtwo
HP100106 (Mewtwo)
106 (Mewtwo X)
106 (Mewtwo Y)
Attack100110 (Mewtwo)
190 (Mewtwo X)
150 (Mewtwo Y)
Defense10090 (Mewtwo)
100 (Mewtwo X)
70 (Mewtwo Y)
Special Attack100154 (Mewtwo)
154 (Mewtwo X)
194 (Mewtwo Y)
Special Defense10090 (Mewtwo)
100 (Mewtwo X)
120 (Mewtwo Y)
Speed100130 (Mewtwo)
130 (Mewtwo X)
140 (Mewtwo Y)

Why am I here? What is the purpose? Before I can even really process what I have read, Dragonite pulls me out of the chair, making me almost fall over. Pikachu, now unsettled, jumps off the table, ready to go. I grab up the journal and place it in my bag. There are so many mysteries here. What is Dragonite leading me to? Dragonite ushers me outside the Mansion, then directs me onto its back and we rocket off again. Where are we going now?

Orange.jpg

New Island, Orange Islands
Where are we now? This is a different island. Dragonite moves forward, and on the edge of the island, there is a surge of energy, purple energy. What is this? I need to get a Pokemon that can read this energy. I need to get Gengar. Turning around, I put my hand on Dragonite, asking him to take me back to Cinnabar so I can get Gengar, who can read psychic energy. Dragonite seems to understand, and he takes me back to Cinnabar, where I get Gengar out of the PC. Satisfied, Dragonite takes me back to the New Island. Gengar comes out and reads the surge of Psychic energy. It’s super powerful! What Pokemon left this here? Wait. Was this where Mewtwo was created? If it is Mewtwo, it is a Psychic type, and a very powerful one at that! Only a powerful Psychic type can leave an energy signature like this. Dragonite is pulling at me again. Where are we going from here? This seems like a deep mystery. Returning Gengar back to the ball, I climb on Dragonite again and it speeds off to parts unknown across the sea.

800px-Mount_Quena_M22.png

Mount Quena, Johto
Dragonite is flying over Johto, as I can see some of the tall towers in the distance. While we fly, suddenly we travel through a massive cloud of Butterfree. Where are the Butterfree heading to? While I show some hesitation, Dragonite picks up speed, coming to a screeching halt over a mountain. This mountain is seemingly taller than the forest around it. Dragonite spirals down out of the clouds toward a local river, where it lets me off and I rest. Where am I? There is a beautiful river streaming out of a canyon. As I trek up the path of the river, I come to a wooden cabin.

Knocking on the door, I am introduced to Luna and Cullen, who tell me where I am...Mount Quena, the tallest mountain in all of Johto. They also give me information on the importance of the location. Apparently, the reason Dragonite and I ran into that swarm of Butterfree is that Bug types consider the mountain sacred and use the forest at the top to lay their eggs and raise their young. They also told me that the bus up the mountain comes once a week, and if I hurry, I can get to the top. I explain why I am there, and after some conversation, they suggest that there has been mysterious weather further up the mountain, including 40 MPH wind gusts! Oddly enough, when I prepare to leave, a sudden thunderstorm can be heard outside as can the strong wind gusts. Am I coming into a tornado? It wasn’t like this before. Dragonite looks out the window, turns to me, and gives me a look like, ‘I can fly in this.” Even though I am hesitant, I trust Dragonite. After all, Dragonite has gotten me out here safely. If it feels able to take me up there, I should trust. Slowly, Dragonite guides me outside, and under the awning, he prepares to take off toward the mountaintop, even in the middle of the storm.
Clarity_Lake.png

As we get closer and closer to the top of the mountain, I see once again a surge of Psychic energy, this time in the clouds around the top. Carefully sending Gengar out again, it goes into checking out the psychic clouds, as Dragonite lands on the top of the mountain, near a crystal clear lake. This must be Clearity Lake that Luna and Cullen told me about. It truly is a majestic place. I return Gengar and Dragonite as I settle myself on the tabletop peak. Suddenly, a purple lightning bolt strikes the ground, and when the light clears, a Pokemon presents itself.

150Mewtwo.png

Mewtwo. This is Mewtwo. All of the travel lead us here, to the top of this mountain, where this creature exists. It addresses me.

“What are you doing here? Who are you? Why shouldn’t I just fling you off the mountaintop? Explain yourself human. I am Mewtwo, and you are on my mountain.”

I quickly bring Dragonite out. “Mewtwo, please forgive me. I didn’t intend to intrude. This Dragonite showed up to me in another Region, and took me on a tour of different locations. After I was given this invite, Dragonite flew me out to Cinnabar Island, where I collected this.” (I place my bag down on the ground and, fishing through it, I find a book) “This is a book about you, I believe. It tells about your origins, at least from the human perspective. Dragonite then took me out to New Island, where you apparently left a psychic energy signature there. I used my Gengar to read the psychic energy, and that led me here, to you.”

0_31_58.png

Mewtwo stared at me, then began to speak. “Since you have made your way here to find me in this sanctuary that me, Mew, and my clones call home, and you are not threatening me, I feel it is okay to share my story with you. 21 Years ago, I was created on New Island, the result of an experiment funded by the leader of Team Rocket, Giovanni. After I was released from my containment, I killed the scientists that created me, then was brought to live with Giovanni in an arrangement that I thought was one of equality, of friendship. Instead he used me as a intimidation tactic against his enemies. Once I discovered that, I rapidly escaped, landing on New Island, making that my base from which I was going to take over the world. Just when I was at my moment of triumph, a trainer stood before me, defied me, and taught me an important lesson. The circumstances of one’s birth are irrelevant. It’s what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are. I left the Kanto Region after then, and moved to Mount Quena, where a year later, that same trainer saved me when Team Rocket went to try to capture me. When he threw me in the Purity Lake, I discovered that I had a true purpose in this world, like any other Pokemon. I felt finally equal to them. Ever since, I have never stopped evaluating my life. I would ask you to keep quiet, but unfortunately, you have the feeling of a reporter, so I have to wipe your memory.” (Mewtwo’s eyes glowed) “You will have no memory of running into me, or the journey that got you here and will head to your next story.” (My body glows, and everything goes white)

848.png

Cinnabar Island, Kanto
When I wake, it’s on Cinnabar Island, in a room in a Pokemon Center, to a Dragonite looking at me. Oddly enough, I still remembered it. I look at my bag, as though I remember something, though I don’t know what. Suddenly, I see a plane ticket to Unova and a brochure to a Hawaiian Luau hosted in Nuvema Town on a table in a room I don’t remember checking into. Still not sure what happened, but ready to go on my next journey, I grab the items on the table, heal my Pokemon, then get ready to go, making sure to change out some of the members of my team. Next week, we are off to Unova. I feel some eyes looking on me, but can’t be sure of where they are from. Until next week, this is Travelin’ Dan, signing off!

hey unovia, I have an Idea for how you can make the groudon,kyogre,rayquaza and deoxys one. search up : groudon,kyogre, rayquaza and deoxys on bulbapedia and read their pokedex entries and have it as like a 2 or 3 part one and for the first part : part 1, you talk about the rivalry between hoenn's weather trio: groudon,kyogre and rayquaza. then for part 2 you can talk about and explain the rivalry between deoxys and rayquaza and how they became rivals in the first place. and if you want in part 3 you can explain if all those rivalries have anything in common, but if you want you can do that in part 2. and just fwi, for the one part with rayquaza and deoxys, using their pokedex entries won't help. but I am still gonna help you with getting the much needed info for that.

hey unovia, I have an Idea for how you can make the groudon,kyogre,rayquaza and deoxys one. search up : groudon,kyogre, rayquaza and deoxys on bulbapedia and read their pokedex entries and have it as like a 2 or 3 part one and for the first part : part 1, you talk about the rivalry between hoenn's weather trio: groudon,kyogre and rayquaza. then for part 2 you can talk about and explain the rivalry between deoxys and rayquaza and how they became rivals in the first place. and if you want in part 3 you can explain if all those rivalries have anything in common, but if you want you can do that in part 2. and just fwi, for the one part with rayquaza and deoxys, using their pokedex entries won't help. but I am still gonna help you with getting the much needed info for that.
Ok. You mind if I give you credit for the idea for this one? I like where you are going.

Have you seen the pokemon destiny deoxys movie? if so you can take what you remember from that, along with other things that make the rivalry and stuff. and also I do not mind if you give me credit, since this is something I am helping you with. and when I find it I will post a screenshot of some kind of murell of groudon and kyogre.

Article #12-A Mincemeat Luau With Tepig
800px-Mince_Pie_open.jpg
Mincemeat Pie

Greetings Trainers! It’s Travelin’ Dan, here in Unova. This time I am in Nuvema Town, home of the Juniper Research Lab. Today, I have been invited to a Hawaiian Luau Festival for National Mincemeat Day. For those who don’t know, mincemeat is a mixture of chopped dried fruit, distilled spirits and spices, and beef of some variety. Originally, it always contained meat.

Around Nuvema Town, I saw a mincemeat pie bakeoff contest. The most common Pokemon there cooking the pies was Tepig and their evolutions, Pignite and Emboar. Historically, the best pies were produced by Tepig roasting berries then providing the heat to sufficiently bake the pie using the Heat Crash move. When a Tepig is sick, they release smoke through their nose instead of fire, but the Tepigs I saw at the Festival were clearly trained in top form for producing the best pies. There were many cooks there to compete, many from around the area, but there were some international cooks as well.

Turns out, I was included as a member of a panel that included Mr. Contesta, Mr. Sukizo, Professor Juniper, and the community Nurse Joy. Why was I included in such a panel? It’s because I have been a Regional celebrity as of late, making a lot of tourism press for the Region. It was while walking around that I saw a lonely little Tepig, weakened from sickness. Luckily, at one of the stalls, you could buy buries to make the pie if you didn’t bring your own supplies. Seeing as I didn’t have anything to make pies and I really wanted to attract that weak Tepig to me so it could heal, I bought a mixed basket of Oran, Sitrus, and Tomato Berries for spiciness. Nearby, I set up my tent and used my cooking supplies to make a bourbon brown mixture. I made a small pie to attract the little creature, then put it outside the area where I first saw it. As the day wore on (the contest would not be until the next day), I saw Tepig slowly eat the pie, at first uncertain. As it healed however, it ate faster and faster until the little cute creature had consumed the whole thing and a little ember was fired out the nose. Suddenly content, the Tepig collapsed in the dirt.

600px-498Tepig.png

Slowly and carefully picking it up, I placed it into my lap. Both Professor Juniper, who specializes in the origins of Pokemon, and the Nurse Joy noticed my little friend. They informed me that Tepig’s highest stat is HP of 65 and a close second stat of Attack of 63. While the little being slept, seemingly trusting me, I captured it in a Poke ball. In a conversation with Professor Juniper, she told me that, while Tepig was a pure fire type, Pignite and Emboar were both dual fire and fighting types. Not surprising, given how strong the specimens here were. Looking at the Pokeball that held my sleeping and captured Tepig, I pledged that one day I would not only be a judge in this competition, but would also compete myself.

The mincemeat pies were everything from lackluster to amazing, but I knew I had the best prize of all, a cute Tepig that I named Mince. After the competition ended, I prepared to leave to take a week off in my villa in Sinnoh. I had spent many weeks traveling, and deserved to take a break, at least for a few days. This is Travelin’ Dan, with my new Tepig, signing off!

Note to the Readers,
Halloween is upon us, and I will be doing something different for that Holiday. In replacement for this show, Travelin’ With Travelin’ Dan, we will be offering The Spooky Awards, honoring the Spooky Locations in the various Regions of the Pokemon World, perfect for Halloween. Travelin’ Dan will be back on the 2nd of November with the next episode.

Last edited:
The Spooky Awards-Happy Halloween!
Agatha: Hello dearies! I’m Agatha of the Kanto Elite Four and I am the host of The Spooky Awards. Tonight, we will honor the scary and abandoned places in each Region in the order they can be encountered. I am also the presenter for the Kanto and Sevii Island locations. The nominees for the Spooky Award are:
  1. Pokemon Tower-This seven floor building houses hundreds of graves of deceased Pokemon. To add to its spookiness, there are rumors of a ghost that haunts the top floor!
  2. House of Memories-This house serves as an extension of Pokemon Tower.
  3. Pokemon Mansion-A decrepit, burned down mansion on Cinnabar Island. It is also said to be the origin of a monster.
  4. Kanto Power Plant-An abandoned power plant which is now home to many electric types, poison types, and even the legendary Zapdos.
  5. Memorial Pillar-Southeast of the Sevii Islands, the island is home to a memorial to a beloved Trainer’s Pokemon, an Onix, that died.
The winner of the Spooky Award is: Pokemon Tower

Now that I have presented those locations, it’s time to move onto Johto and their locations. With those locations, it’s Morty of Ecruteak City. Morty, your turn.

Morty: Thank you Agatha! Hey, it’s your boy, Morty, here to present Johto locations! The nominees are:
  1. Burned Tower-The Western Tower of Ecruteak City, the Burned Tower was destroyed by fire 150 Years ago. It was rumored to be the perching location of Lugia before the fire, and is also rumored to be the birthplace of the Legendary Beasts Entei, Suicune, and Raikou, said to represent the lightning, the fire, and the rain that put it out.
  2. Ecruteak Gym-The location of the Ghost Type Gym of Ecruteak City, hosted by myself, Morty. It is traditionally the 4th Gym that trainers challenge.
  3. Bell Tower-The Eastern Tower of Ecruteak City. It was rumored to be the perching location of Ho-Oh before Ho-Oh flew away, looking for a pure hearted trainer.
The winner of the Spooky Award is: Burned Tower

Agatha: Moving onto Hoenn, it’s Phoebe. Raised on Mt. Pyre, she also has the ability to communicate with Ghost Types. Phoebe, take it away.

Phoebe: Thank you, Agatha! It’s Phoebe. It may seem strange that a girl that looks like she is from a tropical island would be a Ghost type user, but I feel my dress is perfect for such a hot Region like Hoenn. Speaking of Hoenn, we have two haunted locations. The nominees are:
  1. Mt. Pyre-A mountain that functions as a gravesite and is also the home of the Red and Blue Orbs, said to awaken Groudon and Kyogre.
  2. Abandoned Ship/Sea Mauville-Formerly the S.S. Cactus, the abandoned ship used to carry passengers and cargo, but is now a fixture of Hoenn’s route 108.
The winner of the Spooky Award is: Mt. Pyre

Agatha: Moving onto Sinnoh, it’s Fantina, the Ghost Type specialist from another land. She sounds French. Hard to say really. Fantina, Allez-y avec votre moi genial (Go ahead with your awesome self)!
Fantina: Merci beaucoup, Agatha (Thank you very much)! I am here to announce the Sinnoh locations. The nominees are:
  1. Old Chateau-An abandoned Manor House within Eterna Forest. The place is really haunted, being home to the ghost of a little girl and a butler. The Pokemon Rotom is said to inhabit electrical devices within the chateau, increasing the creep factor.
  2. Lost Tower-This foggy tower on Sinnoh’s route 209 is home to many gravesites.
  3. Hallowed Tower-This is a crumbling tower also on route 209 that houses the Pokemon Spiritomb.
The winner of the Spooky Award is: Old Chateau

Agatha: Moving onto Unova, it’s Shauntal, the Ghost Type author. Hey Shauntal, considering your status as an author, maybe you should write a book about these locations? (Laughs)

Shauntal: Hey Agatha, I wrote a book about you. Can you tell me whether you and Bertha of the Sinnoh Elite Four are related? I am dying to know!

Agatha: I don’t know Bertha at all! I have never been to Sinnoh, nor have I ever met her! We are not related! Please stay focused on your section, if you don’t mind, Shauntal.

Shauntal (Shy): Yes, yes, I should focus on my locations, which there are 3. The nominees are:
  1. Dreamyard-Overgrown ruins of an abandoned research facility.
  2. Celestial Tower-Tall tower that is a burial site of many deceased Pokemon. A bell resides at the top of the tower, which is rung in remembrance of the departed souls.
  3. Strange House-A lone house at the base of Reversal Mountain, it is actively haunted by the spirit of a little girl who arranges furniture.
The winner of the Spooky Award is: Strange House

Agatha (Hugging Shauntal): I know you were nervous, but you did a great job. Let’s move onto Kalos. Do we have a Ghost Type Specialist from Kalos? (Looks around) No, then who shall discuss them? (Suddenly a door opens, and a Hex Maniac and Fairy Tale Girl walk in)

Mysterious Sisters: We heard that you needed a Specialist to discuss the Haunted Locations of Kalos. We may not be specialists, but we have explored the haunted locations of our beloved Region, and as such, we think we would fulfill your need. (The two hold hands and walk to the podium, with the older girl speaking) There are 3 locations in our beloved Region. The nominees are:
  1. Kalos Route 10-This route in Kalos is populated by gravestones, reminders of the war 3,000 Years ago.
  2. Kalos Route 14-This swampy route has a playground and a haunted house. When inside the house, a man will tell a story.
"It was a dark and stormy night many years ago. Lost, I arrived at this house and went inside. The lights would not turn on, so I fearfully looked around the house. Eventually, I made my way into the kitchen. There was no sign of anyone being there... I found the fridge, and when I opened it, a faint light leaked out. I could finally make out my surroundings. And I saw the faint outline of a man huddling in the corner of the room. I tried to tell him that I was lost and I was hoping he'd let me stay until morning, but when I approached him... The man suddenly screamed, "Stay back!" I apologized and continued to plead my case. "Please, can't you help me?" "I'm not talking to you!" he shouted. I looked at the man in surprise. When I did this, the man asked me... "Can't you see them? Behind you!"
"A horde of faceless men!""

3. The Lost Hotel-A Former Hotel in Northern Kalos.
The winner of the Spooky Award is: Kalos Route 14

(Agatha comes back on stage, thanking the two girls for being there, inviting them to sit during the presentation)
Agatha: Thank you to you girls for being here. Don’t know how you heard this was going on, but thank you and good job. Let’s move to Alola, the tropical Region. Acerola, are you here to talk about your Region?

Acerola: Yes indeed, Madam Agatha. So, Alola may be known as a tropical Region, but we have a few haunted spots. In fact, we have 4. The nominees are:
  1. Hau’oli Cemetery-A graveyard for people and Pokemon alike from Melemele Island.
  2. Memorial Hill-Most notable gravesite in Alola, it is a burial site for the mighty and wealthy members of Alola.
  3. Shady House-Dilapidated mansion covered in graffiti and grime.
  4. The Abandoned Thrifty Megamart-It is the original thrifty megamart that was destroyed by the Island Tapu. It was later infested by Ghost Types.
The winner of the Spooky Award is: The Abandoned Thrifty Megamart

Agatha: That was surprising to me as well. A tropical Region shouldn’t have haunted locations, but it seems like you do. Huh. Great job Acerola! We have one final Region to cover, and that is Galar. (Allister walks in slowly)

Allister: I am here to represent Galar, even though I don’t like being in a public location. I miss my graveyard. Anyway, here is the nominee for Galar:
  1. Stow-On-Side Stadium-It is the home of the Stow-On Side Gym, and the street lamps are modeled after Chandelure.

That is a pretty easy choice. Congrats to them! I have also heard of a new location called the Crown Shrine, located in the Crown Tundra. I have never been there, but I am planning to make an expedition out there. Who knows, it may be even spookier than my hometown. I should know soon enough.

Agatha: It’s been great to host this awards show. Congratulations to all of our winners. For the Spooky Awards, this is Former Elite Four Agatha, wishing you a happy Halloween!

Meanwhile, outside the location, there is a spectral horse present, eyes peering in. What is this creature? Is it a new Pokemon? Is it a ghost? Before it could even be identified, it sped away with a ghostly aura and a strong neigh.

Halloween 2020.png

Happy Halloween to all of the readers!

Article #13-Deviled Eggs in the Safari Zone
Greetings trainers!
I enjoyed my break from being on the trail for these Pokemon in different areas of the world, but today, I return. I took a break in my Villa in Sinnoh, and, refreshed and restored, I left there and traveled to Kanto for Deviled Egg Day, specifically the Safari Zone. The Kanto Safari Zone is one of 4 such zones in the world (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh) which are special areas that house rare species of Pokemon that cannot be found anywhere else. I am going into the Kanto Safari Zone to catch one specific Pokemon, an Exeggcute. Exeggcutes are dual Psychic and Grass types. In the Safari Zone, you are given 30 Safari Balls, which are basically Great Balls, and allowed to catch any Pokemon you see within 600 Steps. Your game ends if you run out of Safari Balls or your steps max out. The Safari Zone is a high grass, muddy area. Good thing I ensured I have my long pants, boots, and my fishing rod. After paying my $500 and getting my 30 balls, it’s time to start!

600px-102Exeggcute.png

I have a few Pokemon that would be nice to catch here. Included is their rate of Capture:

PokemonCatch RateNumber of Balls Used (Out of 30)
Parasect5%2 (Caught)
Exeggcute20%6 (Caught)
Kangaskhan4%2 (Run Away)
Scyther1%3 (Run Away)
Pinsir1%3 (Run Away)
Rhyhorn20%6 (Caught)
Chansey4%2 (Run Away)
Tauros1%3 (Run Away)
Dragonair1%3 (Run Away)

As I walked through the Safari Zone, I had to be careful not to get lost, for this is a winding maze. To do so, I took a spool of yarn and walked slowly, making sure to watch where I was going. In Area 1, I captured a Parasect (Level 25) and Exeggcute (Level 25) while missing Kangaskhan (Level 25), Scyther (Level 28), and Pinsir (Level 28). Feeling victorious while also not feeling that great due to my string of misses, I crossed into Area 2, where I tried and caught a Rhyhorn (Level 26), while missing a Chansey (Level 26) and Tauros (Level 28). Finishing my run on Area 3, I managed to pick up some teeth, which I quickly pocketed and crossed into a house.

Inside was an old man of some importance it seemed. Introducing himself as Baoba, though it was hard to hear him, he asked me if I found his teeth. When I pulled them out of my pocket, he looked grateful and after cleaning them off, shoved them into his mouth. As I gave him the teeth, my steps ran out. He escorted me back to the beginning of the zone, where I waved him goodbye, packed up my bag, and left.

Leaving the building, I checked my checklist. I had failed at Kangaskhan, Scyther, Pinsir, Chansey, and Tauros while not even seeing the fabled Dragonair which is supposedly there! On the bright side, I did catch my goal, the Exeggcute. A review of its stats showed the best stat was Defense at 80 while having bad Attack and Speed at 40. Looking downtrodden, I looked at the sky, and suddenly, Dragonair appeared. Before I could even react, it sped away, creating a rainbow in the process. With my hope restored, I left the Safar Zone behind for my next destination. That does it for this week! If you are in the area, I recommend you challenge the Kanto Safari Zone! This is Travelin’ Dan, signing off!

Last edited:
Article #14-Braviary, Wings of Freedom
Greetings trainers!
In honor of World Freedom Day, we are on Route 11 in Unova, looking for a Braviary. Braviary is very aggressive, but is only that way because it is protective of its allies and friends, earning the name “Hero of the Skies”. In order to catch a Braviary itself, the trainer must use high level Pokemon to oppose it. Braviary evolves from Rufflet at Level 54, so if there are indeed Braviary here, they would have to be very high level. Thank goodness I brought my Darmanitan for this capture, since both Pokemon can be brawlers. Unsurprisingly, Braviary has its best stat in a 123 Attack. It is not as high in the Special Attack, with 57, its worst stat.

628Braviary.png

Walking into the Dark Grass of the route, I look up just to see Braviary coming at me with its claws! Calling out Darmanitan just in time, he blocks the attack, then sends fire into the underbelly of Braviary, which tries to flap its wings to escape. Darmanitan races around, trying to corner the Valiant Pokemon. The battle seems to fire up both Pokemon, as they attempt to get closer and closer to each other in combat. Suddenly, Braviary grabs Darmanitan up and heads skyward, attempting to finish off the fight. Powerless to stop the predicted drop, I prepare to return a defeated Darmanitan as well as capture Braviary.

Up in the sky, Braviary drops Darmanitan, confident in the victory. Darmanitan, however, has other ideas. Smiling at Braviary, Darmanitan fires off a close range flamethrower, engulfing Braviary in flames and claiming a victory. The rapidly dropping Darmanitan focuses on the grass below, firing off another Flamethrower to stop the fall as Braviary, now with some cooked feathers, plummets to the ground below. Now buried in the grass, Darmanitan holds the still struggling Braviary down with the powerful arms. Turning its head skyward, Darmanitan fires off a column of fire into the sky.

With my binoculars, I search the area for any sign of Darmanitan or Braviary. Eventually, I see a column of fire in the distance. It must be Darmanitan! After all, he is the only Fire Type in the area. As I come across Darmanitan, it seemingly changed form into Zen Mode, and the stone-like Psychic type has fully pinned Braviary down. I have to be careful, because if I return Darmanitan, Braviary may regain enough energy to try to fly away. Taking the risk, I return Darmanitan then quickly capture Braviary. With Braviary now mine, I bring Braviary out and the three of us fly back to Opelucid City, where we leave Unova behind once again. For the next two weeks, we are in Alola, specifically Lush Jungle.This is Travelin’ Dan, signing off!

Last edited:
Note To The Readers #5
Hello to the Readers!
While I encourage you to continue to read the Pokemon of the Week (POTW) Articles, I am sure you have noticed that the last few articles have not had Pokemon or location pictures (any pictures I have used since the Oricorio article have been from other sources). I would like to discuss this issue. Normally I use pictures on Bulbapedia for my Articles. Lately, however, the Bulbapedia images have been made into Webpages so that when they are saved on computer then applied to the articles, they can't be properly applied.
I have asked the Bulbapedia staff to correct this issue, since it has only been this way for the last few weeks, and I am still awaiting a resolution to this issue. Until then, do not expect Pokemon images from Bulbapedia on these Articles.

On the bright side, I am continuing to write articles and continuing to plan them out. I have them planned out to the end of the month. So grateful to my viewers and my readers, who continue to expand the status of this series.
Thank you, and please enjoy.

Article #15-Comfey, The Lei of Tolerance
Greetings trainers!
For the next two weeks, I am in Lush Jungle in Alola, celebrating both International Tolerance Day (November 16th) and Eat A Berry Day (November 23rd). I came into Lush Jungle with a Pa'u Style Oricorio, captured the last time I was in Alola.

250px-764Comfey.png

Finding my way into the Northwest corner of the Jungle, I settled into a watch time in a tent. My first quest is for a Comfey. Comfey is the Posy Picker Pokemon and the Pokemon that Nurse Joy in Alola uses in exchange for Chansey and Blissey. Comfey is the shortest Pokemon in existence and looks like a Hawaiian Lei. Considering that Phoebe of the Hoenn Elite Four wears a floral dress, I am surprised she does not have a Comfey of her own. It would certainly fit her Hawaiian look. Oops! Wrong Region!

The rain starts coming down in the forest, starting as a light rain and steadily moving into a harder rain. It’s a good thing I have my pancho on as I look around, waiting for a Comfey to float by on the breeze. I sent out Oricorio to go after Comfey, which promptly used Air Cutter to switch the wind, making Comfey move closer to me. Comfey’s highest stat is a 110 Special Defense and its worst stat is a 51 HP and a close 52 Attack. As Comfey is trapped by the attack of Oricorio, I capture it. Comfey is a calm Pokemon, perfect for International Tolerance Day. Next week, you will find me here, still doing my duty, be it rain or shine. This is Travelin’ Dan, signing off!

Last edited:
Article #16-Berry Eating In The Jungle
Greetings trainers!
Last week, I began my quest in Lush Jungle for International Tolerance Day. Last week, I caught a Comfey. This week, I am still here to catch a Bounsweet for Eat a Berry Day. Looking at the trees, I see a Bounsweet hanging there.Sending out Oricorio, Bounsweet gets cut down, giggling all the way. Oricorio catches it using its quick speed. The happy little Mangosteen bounces up and down, jostling a Pokeball from my belt, where it captures itself. Bounsweet’s highest stat is 42 HP with the Attack and Special Attack of 30.

600px-761Bounsweet.png

Sweet! I now have my catch. I can move on now. Just as I prepare to pack up, I see a group of Steenee twirling toward me, like dancers. They just happen to finish their routine at the tree where Bounsweet was. Several of them notice that Bounsweet is no longer on the tree, and their smiles turn to frowns, then anger. They start chatting away, wondering where the little creature had gone. Now, I am really starting to get nervous. What seemed like a win for me has now turned into a major issue for the Pokemon in the area.

800px-Mallow_Steenee.png

Just as I thought it couldn’t get any worse, the Steenee noticed me. Surrounding me, the Steenee worked together to hold me down and block me from getting up. Steenee’s highest stat is 62 Speed. While I am sitting down, pinned to the trunk of the tree, a few of the Steenee rush off into the forest, only to come back quickly with a much larger Pokemon, a Tsareena. Tsareena is viewed as a queen for the Pokemon of the Lush Jungle. I am increasingly worried. Tsareena is a tough Pokemon, using its very strong legs to beat on Pokemon that challenge it.

tsareena.jpg

As my nervousness increases, another one of my Pokeballs drops from my pocket, releasing Lycanroc from the ball! I thought I had sent all of my Pokemon to my PC boxes, but I am so glad to see him, especially since this Tsareena looks very strong. It’s no wonder, considering that this Pokemon has an attack stat of 120, the strongest stat it has. Tsareena rushes toward Lycanroc, attempting its signature move, Trop Kick. Lycanroc counters with Accelerock, which, combined with the speed of the rock type, slams the opposing Tsareena into a nearby tree. Tsareena slumps down to recover.

The Steenee encircle Tsareena, trying to revive their queen. In the rush of victory, I watch as the Steenee have tears rolling down their face, and I begin to feel bad for my defense. Suddenly, an idea comes to my mind. I have some of the leftover berries from the mincemeat pie competition in Nuvema Town a few weeks ago. Bending down, I talk to Lycanroc, asking him to stay and watch Tsareena while I rush back to my tent, a short distance away. Inside the tent, I saw my whole encampment, splayed out before me. Going through my fruit basket, I inspected the berries in the basket, seeing a few Oran Berries, Sitrus Berries, and a Lum Berry. Slowly, I cook a green, chucky mush, which I then put in a thermos and then rush back to the situation.

When I arrive, Tsareena is still laying against the tree, struggling to get up. Slowly, steadily, I move toward Tsareena, thermos in hand. Taking the Pokemon in my arms, I feed her, and over time, she improves, eventually smiling at me as the thermos finally empties. Bounsweet lets itself out to say goodbye to Tsareena and the Steenee, which all disperse just as quickly as they appeared.Collecting my new Bounsweet in my arms, Bounsweet, Lycanroc, and I go to my tent, packing up and getting ready to go.

Where am I next week? Next week is Thanksgiving, and we will be taking a look at typical Thanksgiving Foods. We will have a virtual meal together at my villa in Sinnoh with some of my friends. This is Travelin’ Dan, signing off!

A Pokemon Thanksgiving
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you! This is Travelin’ Dan, here in my villa in Sinnoh. I would like to make an announcement to all of you who are watching this program. Starting in January, I won’t be traveling alone anymore. I would like to introduce you to my great friends, Amy, Vance, CJ, and Manny. Care to talk to the viewers?

Amy (Computer on table): Yeah Dan! I am an avid watcher of Anime.
Vance (Holding a Game Controller): I play a lot of video games.
CJ (With Deck of Pokemon Cards): I collect and play card games.
Manny (With a stack of Manga next to him): I have yet to find a manga I don’t like.

Thank you to my friends! I am excited to continue my journey, with you guys along for the ride in January. Let’s talk through Thanksgiving Dinner. Our dishes that we have for this meal include Clams (Shellder and Cloyster), Lobster (Clauncher and Clawitzer), Deer (Deerling and Sawsbuck), Swan (Swanna), and 3 different Ducks (Ducklett and both Farfetch’d, Kantoian and Galarian). As for side dishes, we have Cherries (Cherubi and Cherrim), Pumpkin (Pumpkaboo and Gourgeist), and Cream Pies (Swirlix and Slurpuff).

Thanksgiving Dinner

Food ItemPokemonStats
ClamShellder
Cloyster
Shellder
Defense:100
Special Defense:25
Cloyster
Defense:180
Special Defense:45
LobsterClauncher
Clawitzer
Clauncher
Special Defense:63
Speed:44
Clawitzer
Special Attack:120
Speed:59
DeerDeerling
Sawsbuck
Deerling
Speed:75
Special Attack:40
Sawsbuck
Attack:100
Special Attack:60
SwanSwannaSwanna
Speed:98
Defense/Special Defense:63
DuckDucklett
Farfetch’d (Kantoian)
Farfetch’d (Galarian)
Ducklett
HP:62
Attack/Special Attack:44
Farfetch’d (Kanto)
Attack:90
HP:52
Farfetch’d (Galar)
Attack:95
HP:52
CherriesCherubi
Cherrim
Cherubi
Attack/Speed:35
Special Attack:62
Cherrim
Attack:60
Special Attack:87
PumpkinPumpkaboo (Super)
Gourgeist (Super)
Pumpkaboo
Defense:70
Speed:41
Gourgeist
Defense:122
Speed:54
Cream PiesSwirlix
Slurpuff
Swirlix
Defense:66
Attack:48
Slurpuff
Defense:86
Speed:75

With all of these delicious items to eat, Thanksgiving is a time for family and friends to commune with each other and be grateful for the yearly blessings. We wish you all the best and the best of blessings. Remember to be careful with the social distancing and the mask wearing, and whatever you eat or whoever you eat it with, please be safe.

Next time I post, it will be back to Alola. I wish you a happy Thanksgiving.

Article #17-Resting With Komala
Hello Trainers!
After my break a few days ago, I traveled back to Alola in celebration of, strangely, Stay at Home Because You Are Well Day. I am here on Alola’s Route 11, looking for the Drowsing Pokemon, Komala. Komala has the ability Comatose, which automatically confers the sleep condition on Komala, and allows it to use moves like Sleep Talk and Snore. Komala likes to sleep on coconut and palm trees, trees that are common in Alola due to its tropical nature.

komala.jpg

As I walk on the Route, looking up at the trees that are all throughout, I see the target of my quest, Komala, hanging on a very tall tree which has to be 35 feet into the air.That’s when I realized it wasn’t a normal tree. It was an Exeggutor, specifically an Alolan Exeggutor. I walk over to the Pokemon, and as it looks down at me, I see Komala attached. I reach forward in an attempt to grasp Komala. To my surprise, the Alolan Exeggutor attempts to strike at me with the neck, triggering me into battle with the creature. Sending out my Pikachu, I order an Iron Tail against the Pokemon. Pikachu hits, but Exeggutor quickly strikes back, whacking Pikachu into the air. It provides Pikachu with the air required to fire off a powerful thunderbolt. The attack shocks the tall Pokemon, eventually destabilizing the creature. It falls back to the ground, shaking the ground slightly.

Alolan Exeggutor.jpg

Acting quickly, both for the Alolan Exeggutor as well as the Komala attached, I throw an Ultra Ball at the body of the fallen Alolan Exeggutor, capturing it and forcing Komala to drop down. Running with speed, I catch Komala in my arms, who continues to sleep away. Slightly concerned the koala will attack me while sleeping, I catch it in a Quick Ball, providing the capture for the week.

Capture complete, I bring out Mudsdale to ride back out of the Route and into Malie City, where I check Komala’s stats. The Koala has the best stat of 115 Attack. It also has three stats of 65, those in HP, Defense, and Speed. Komala looks like a true cuddle monster, but I would hate to see it angry, if it ever gets angry. Next week, I work in a Sinnoh Pokemon Center as part of Operating Nurse Day. This is Travelin’ Dan, signing off!

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom