• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon of the Week (POTW)

Unovia, this something I need to tell you. there may be a remake of pokemon diamond and pearl! if the news at the pokemon Direct goes the way they are expecting, we should see remakes of pokemon diamond and pearl by the end of 2020! which is very personal to me because pokemon diamond was the first pokemon game I ever played, so if they get the word to do so, I will be so happy!

Unovia, this something I need to tell you. there may be a remake of pokemon diamond and pearl! if the news at the pokemon Direct goes the way they are expecting, we should see remakes of pokemon diamond and pearl by the end of 2020! which is very personal to me because pokemon diamond was the first pokemon game I ever played, so if they get the word to do so, I will be so happy!
Definitely would be fun. I am honestly hoping D/P with Platinum elements. I want a expanded Distortion World.
Gotta love the Dark Lord Giratina.

Special Episode: The Weather Trio & Deoxys (Article #18)
Hey Folks!
This week is Chocolate with Almonds Day. However, there is no Pokemon that fits that. King Kabuto (Kabutops Studys) asked for this Special Episode that features his favorite trio and Deoxys. I hope I did well with this and you will like it as will the other Readers.
The next Travelin' Dan post, in Sinnoh, will be posted next week.

Gabby & Ty:Hi! This is Gabby and Ty, chief interviewers of TV Mauville. We are here with Steven Stone, Champion of the Elite Four, Wallace, Sootopolis Gym Leader, and Zinnia, Chief Advocate for the Draconid People. You told us you wanted to discuss the Murals that have been found in Granite Cave and Sky Pillar. They certainly are curious images. As the foremost authorities on the Weather Trio, what do they tell us about Groudon, Kyogre, and their relationship?
Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza Mural.png

Steven: I have studied the Mural in Granite Cave, the only one I have seen, since I do not have access to the Sky Pillar, but I can certainly discuss this part. Groudon is known as the Continent Pokemon, the Pokemon that, as the name suggests, used its power to create the Continents of the world. Kyogre is known as the Sea Basin Pokemon, the Pokemon that, as the name suggests, created the Seas and Oceans. They counter each other, and are often in a struggle with each other as their domains clash. If you look at the upper part of the mural, there is another creature suggested, which we name Rayquaza.

Gabby and Ty: Speaking of Rayquaza, can any of you discuss the relationship between Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza?
Steven: Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza have legendary artifacts that work together. The Red Orb is connected to Groudon, the Blue Orb is connected to Kyogre, and the Jade Orb is connected to Rayquaza. That clearly demonstrates that they are joined together. Groudon represents land, Kyogre represents sea, and Rayquaza represents sky. Groudon uses the Red Orb to undergo Primal Reversion. Kyogre uses the Blue Orb to undergo the same process. Rayquaza uses its mikado organ to Mega Evolve.

Wallace: The trio balances each other out. Whenever Groudon and Kyogre battle each other, the Draconid people pray to Rayquaza to stop the fighting. I am a descendant of the Draconids, while Zinnia is one of the Draconid people.
Primals vs Mega.jpg

Gabby and Ty: Draconids? Who are they? What is their connection to this relationship?
Zinnia: The Draconid people are people who live in Meteor Falls and worship Lord Rayquaza. The mural at Sky Pillar delves deeper in the relationship between the three. Rayquaza protects the Region when Groudon, Kyogre, and even meteors threaten the Region.

Wallace: Rayquaza has a Mikado organ, which, as it flies through space, gathers the energy from meteors. Once the organ fills with energy, Rayquaza can Mega Evolve, which is what it supposedly did the last time the three clashed. The Draconids pray to what they call “Lord Rayquaza” during times of strife. It is similar to a religion, and it seems Rayquaza is receptive.
Mega Rayquaza.jpg

Gabby and Ty: Mr. Stone, you mentioned Primal Reversion, and that it has some connection to Mega Evolution?
Steven: Yeah. Primal Reversion is similar to Mega Evolution, but it is exclusive to Groudon and Kyogre. They restore much of the power they had in the past, and it acts similar to the Mega Evolution phenomenon. Rayquaza seems to be the only Pokemon that can use the environment to Mega Evolve on its own. The Mega Evolution can counterbalance Primal Reversion.
Primal Groudon.jpg
Primal Kyogre.jpg

Gabby and Ty: Wallace, both you and Zinnia describe meteors being a threat to the Region. Does that include the Litleonid Meteor Shower?
Wallace: Yes, that includes the Litleonids. Often, the struggle between Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza tends to coincide with the occurrence of the Litleonid Meteor Shower. That connection is still being studied.

Steven: Occasionally, the Litleonid Meteor Shower brings meteors to Earth that survive the atmosphere. Rayquaza often acts against the larger rocks in the shower. A mysterious Pokemon, which we have come to call Deoxys, can sometimes appear in the largest of the rocks. We have seen 4 different variants.
Deoxys.jpg

Gabby and Ty: Deoxys? What is Deoxys? What is its connection to the Weather Trio?
Steven: Deoxys is a space Pokemon that looks like DNA. It is unclear what connection Deoxys has to Groudon and Kyogre, but based on the fact that Rayquaza reacts to meteors and that Deoxys have been discovered coming out of meteors, it is becoming clear that the relationship between Rayquaza and Deoxys is an adversarial one. As we continue to study these relationships, we will learn more.
Deoxys & Rayquaza.jpg

Gabby and Ty: Thank you very much for this interview. Steven, Wallace, and Zinnia, thank you!

Article #19-Hatching Eggs in Solaceon
Greetings Trainers!
Last week was a Special Episode. Gabby & Ty asked me if it was okay if they could hold an interview with Steven Stone, Sootopolis Gym Leader Wallace, and the Draconid people and I would have my next post the week after that. Of course said it was okay. After all, how often do you get to have celebrities down for an interview! Anyway, it was an episode about Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, and Deoxys, along with their legends! I was happy to give them my airtime for that!
Anyway, here is the post for the week!

Nurse Joy.jpg

Today, I am in Jubilife City in Sinnoh, beginning my journey to Solaceon Town. Why am I on my way to Solaceon Town? Solaceon is the only town in Sinnoh that has both a Pokemon Center and Daycare, making it the perfect place to celebrate Operating Nurses Day. That’s right. We are heading to Solaceon Town to celebrate Nurse Joy, the Joy Family, and her helper Pokemon, Chansey and Blissey. I am going to spend the week in Solaceon helping out the Pokemon Center and also the day care.

What is my plan to help them? Well, it’s the reason I have my Magmar and Rapidash with me. They both have the possibility of having the ability Flame Body, which in battle has a 30% chance of burning on contact, can outside of battle speed up the process of hatching eggs. I will be using Magmar to heat up the eggs in the DayCare to give trainers the Pokemon hatched from the eggs so they don’t have to hatch them themselves. Nurse Joy asked me to help on that level so the day care can clear their shelves. The Pokemon on the shelves are:
sinnoh_pokemon_eggs_by_zorathetwilightdrake_dcayo6n-fullview.jpg

Egg NumberPokemonNumber of Eggs in Storage
1Turtwig3
2Chimchar3
3Piplup3
4Starly3
5Bidoof2
6Kricketot2
7Shinx3
8Cranidos2
9Shieldon2
10Burmy7
11Combee2
12Pachirisu1
13Buizel2
14Cherubi2
15Shellos (West Sea)2
16Shellos (East Sea)2
17Drifloon2
18Buneary2
19Glameow2
20Stunky2
21Bronzor2
22Chatot1
23Gible3
24Riolu2
25Hippopotas2
26Skorupi2
27Croagunk2
28Carnivine1
29Finneon2
30Snover2
31Rotom6

In total, there were 74 eggs in the storage area. My job is to hatch the eggs in the Hatching Room then move the egg back to the Pokemon Center, where the newly hatched baby will be handed to the waiting trainer. Nurse Joy promised me a special egg for myself when I finished. Considering that this week, I am focused on the Chansey Family, I am hoping I will receive a Happiny Egg, While I work with these eggs, let me discuss the three Pokemon, starting with Happiny.
Happiny.png

Happiny is a baby Pokemon, the Pre Evolution of Chansey. Happiny likes to carry around an egg shaped rock, called the Oval Stone, to imitate Chansey. This rock is given to it by its trainer as a sign of friendship. Happiny has a 100 HP stat, a huge stat for a baby Pokemon. That huge stat does not help its non-existent Attack and Defense stats, both at 5.
Chansey.png

Moving onto Chansey, it is one of Nurse Joy’s two main helpers in Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh, the other being Blissey. Chansey is super rare due to its egg being over harvested as a food ingredient. Most often, due to the rarity, Chansey can most often be found for capture in the Fuchsia City Safari Zone, which is honestly where I would be located this week, but even there it is a rarity. Chansey is also useful for the use of the move Softboiled, which helps to heal an allied Pokemon. Unique to Chansey, it can use the held item Lucky Punch, which increases the odds of critical hits. Chansey can also carry Lucky Eggs, which, when held by a Pokemon, increases Experience yield by 150%. As far as stats, Chansey has a monstrous 250 HP but maintains the same Attack and Defense stats it had as a Happiny. Chansey evolves into Blissey with high friendship.
Blissey.png

Blissey is the final evolved form of Happiny. Blissey, along with Chansey, are used as aides for Nurse Joy in Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh. In addition, Blissey has been seen as nurse assistants for Nurse Joy in Alola along with Comfey. In regard to stats, Blissey has a HP stat of 255 while only seeing a slight increase in Attack and Defense at 10. Clearly, the Chansey family is a tough family to outlast on HP, since they are the top HP holders.

Whew! I am exhausted from the masses of Eggs and Pokemon I hatched and cared for over the course of the last few days. I walk through the now empty shelves, knowing my job is complete. After receiving the thanks of the DayCare Couple and the pay (I actually made $100 per egg hatch), I am now resting in the Pokemon Center. As compensation for my help, Nurse Joy has provided me with an Egg as a gift, a mostly pink Egg with a white strip in the middle. If I didn’t know better, I think it is the long awaited Happiny Egg. I finally have it! WOOHOO! At long last!

Heading outside, I find a white stone and begin to form the Oval Stone as my Pokemon work to warm the new egg. Nurse Joy, who is watching the process, lets me know when the Happiny Egg hatches, and with the new Oval Stone in hand, I cuddle with my new friend. After we do the Oval Stone handoff, I ask Happiny if it wants to go with me, then capture it in the Poke Ball provided. With my new Happiny, I reward myself for a job well done. I don’t know where I am to go now, however. An answer came from a tall, and slender young lady with wavy knee-length creamy blonde hair that has bangs covering her left eye. Her eyes are grey. She wears straight black leg trousers, a long black coat with a V neck and black fur rimming the cuffs and running down the end of the coat and a large teardrop shaped ornament on the center of the coat, probably used as a fastener, she also dons a black top underneath. Her outfit is finished with black kitten heels and a yellow stripe on each shoes. For accessories she wore a large, black feathery ruff around her neck with two hair clips in her hair, both resembling two teardrop-shaped object conjoined with a pale yellow stripe.
Cynthia.jpg

That look, that determined eye. The only person that has that look is Cynthia. Cynthia, the Sinnoh Region Champion, is in the Pokemon Center, sitting across the room from me. What are the odds that she would be here in all places? Returning Happiny to her Poke ball, I move slowly, carefully, to where the strong woman is sitting, eating an ice cream. After asking to sit down, we got to talking. In the end, she offered to let me travel with her to Solaceon Ruins, which is just outside town to the east and the best place to go for my next assignment, Crossword Puzzle Day. While I thought about why, as a token of our friendship, she handed me a Pokemon Egg. She told me that it was a Togepi, from her Togekiss. Using Magmar, I warmed up the egg and sent out my Happiny to watch the Togepi Egg. It didn’t take too long and Togepi hatched. Just like that, I have 2 new baby Pokemon. I made sure to analyze Togepi’s stats. Togepi has its best stats in Defense and Special Defense, at 65, while the worst stat is Attack and Speed at 20.

After I conclude fussing over my new baby Pokemon, Cynthia asks me whether I am ready to go. I decided to switch out my Magmar and Rapidash for my Pikachu and Gengar. Together, we thank Nurse Joy and head off to Solaceon Ruins, with me still uncertain why the location would contribute to my assignment. The mass of caves and ancient passages are not an obvious location. It is when we are outside of there that Cynthia explains that the ruins are infested with Unown, one of a few known places in the world. With that information, I steel myself for what is to come. See you next week, when the adventure continues!

Note To The Readers #7-3 More Postings for the Year
Hey Readers!
We are down to the final 3 Postings for the Year! It's incredible the support you have shown us over the last 4 Months! Right now, we are at 13k views and that is amazing!
At the end of the year, we will be announcing a few additions to the format, additions we hope you will enjoy, and we are keeping close to our chest. We will have a very thrilling end to the year with these next few articles that will keep you on the edge of your seat.
The next posting in the story will be up on Sunday! What will happen in Solaceon Ruins? Tune in to find out, and lets keep the views growing!

Article #20-Crossing Worlds At The Ruins
Greetings trainers!
Continuing from last week, I am currently outside the Solaceon Ruins with Cynthia, the Sinnoh Region Champion, who walked into the Solaceon Town Pokemon Center that I happened to be working in during Operating Nurses Day. This week is Crossword Puzzle Day, and after thinking about it, Unown are the perfect Pokemon to fulfill that week, since they are strangely modeled after the Alphabet.
Solaceon Ruins.jpg

The two of us slowly walk into the ruins, which is loaded with ancient script and clearly looks like a location from several thousand years ago. There is ancient hieroglyphics and a treasure trove of text from eras long gone. Cynthia checks out the different things left behind as I study the walls. Cynthia explains to me that it is unknown what came first, Unown appearing or written script. Moving my hand along the glyphs, I can only imagine what the site was like for the people who once made it home. What I didn't realize at the time was that, by touching the letters on the walls, I had excited the Unown to make their appearance, which they promptly did, surrounding Cynthia and I in a swirling vortex of Unown. Unown are able to communicate through electrical signals and can distort reality in large enough groups. Many researchers hypothesize that to understand the Unown is to understand the basis of creation itself. Unown even has its own dimension. Unown’s stats, given to me from Cynthia, who got them from several scientists, states that, regardless of form, all 28 have 72 in Attack and Special Attack and 48 in all others.Talking about them must have angered the Pokemon, because, before we knew what was going on, we were teleported into the Unown Dimension, a area between time, space, and reality.
Unown Dimension.jpg

Floating there between dimensions, neither Cynthia or I knew how to escape. Oddly enough, after the Unown realized neither of us were one of them, the scene around us fizzled and another portal opened, through which we were deposited, onto a stage-like area, which has 4 circles and mysterious markings.
Sinjoh Ruins.jpg

Cynthia realizes that this location is mystical, and based on the markings, connected to Arceus, the God of the Pokemon World and the statues on the marked areas represent Palkia, Dialga. She also informs me that the stage is known as the Mystri Stage, and that the location in total is known as the Sinjoh Ruins, a collection of ruins that both people from Sinnoh and Johto came together to create. As such, neither Region can claim it as theirs, seen as a place of collaboration between Regions. We both stand in the middle of the stage, and in the distance, we see a doorway out. Cynthia turns around and notices a doorway that way as well. Above the doorways, there were letters, written like Unown. The one that Cynthia saw read, To Sinnoh-When Every Life Meets Another Life, Something Will Be Born, while the one I saw read, To Johto-When Every Life Meets Another Life, Something Will Be Born. It was at this point where Cynthia asked me where I was going now, to which I pulled out my planner, stating, “Well, next week, I am scheduled to be in Johto for Christmas. That means I am going this way,” to which Cynthia replied, “I am heading back to Sinnoh. It has been nice to travel with you, and call me when you come back to the Sinnoh Region!” With that, we hugged, then parted ways, me going forward and her going back. I race down the stairs, toward the Johto door, into the light beyond.
Ruins_of_Alph_Inside.png

Once I passed through the door, I found myself in another chamber, filled with glyphs of Unown. Figuring that I was in the Ruins of Alph, I started trying to escape when, by my feet, I noticed a golden chest, with the following written in glyphs on the box:
To Understand The Unown Go To Greenfield
Greenfield.jpg

Grasping the box, almost as though I was possessed by the power inside, I walked out of the Ruins of Alph and into an unknown town. It was a beautifully stunning, scenic location, and it was only when I passed the welcome sign that I realized I was in Greenfield. I was where the Unown wanted me to be, but why? Slightly groggy from all of my travels, I stumbled into the local Pokemon Center, and after checking into a room, I rested, leaving the box on a table. In my dream, I was once again in the Unown Dimension, this time alone. The Unown spelled out to me To End This Journey Talk To Molly

Just as the dream ended, I awoke with a start. Who was Molly, and what was her significance to the Unown? After getting dressed and over breakfast, I asked Nurse Joy if there was someone named Molly in town, to which she pointed me to the Hale Mansion. Outside of the Mansion, there was a plaque, written in English and Unown:
Hale Institute
Unown Was Revealed Here 19 Years Ago
Molly Hale.png

Walking up to the door, I knocked. A woman in her mid 20’s answered the door. After inviting me in, she said she was Molly,and that 19 Years Ago, when she was 5, she met the Unown when she was playing with letter blocks. They created an Entei to keep her safe and eventually the Unown crystalised the town. When the Entei helped control the Unown, they escaped back to their dimension, freeing the town.
Entei.png

Running her hands along the box, she said, “I never thought I would see them again. Take them back where you found them and move on from this town. The Unown brought you here. Put them back where they were.” At that moment, I look down and see the box is now gone, teleported out of sight. With that mission done, I began my next journey, onward to Ice Path and Delibird. With that trainers, I will see you next week!

Article #21-Delibird On Ice
Greetings trainers!
Today, I am in Goldenrod City after having traveled from Sinnoh to Johto through the Unown Dimension and the Sinjoh Ruins. Goldenrod City is the largest city in Johto, and home to many places of interest, such as the Johto Regions’ only bike shop, the Goldenrod Department Store, the Radio Tower, which plays music for both Kanto and Johto, as well as the Magnet Train, which allows for speedy travel between the two Regions, and for you Gym Challengers out there, Goldenrod City is also home to the Goldenrod Gym, which is home to Whitney, who specializes in Normal Types. I am not planning to stay here long, however. I am on a quest to get to Ice Path, which is between Mahogany Town and Blackthorn City, far north of where I am right now. Grab your PokeGear, put more air in your bike tires, and let’s head up to the cold north.

Hey from the National Park! I am taking a bit of a break and just enjoying the scenery. Unfortunately, I just happened to miss the Weekly Bug Catching Contest, which is too bad, though the park is still a scenic location, really showing off the quiet beauty of Johto. Biking out of the Park after concluding a nice meal and a rest, I now find myself at an intersection. Continuing west, I could arrive in Violet City, while turning south would see me undoing my progress, so the only way to keep moving forward is to go north. Unfortunately, I am facing a strange tree that seems to shake as if it is a living being. There is a rumor of a Pokemon that resembles a tree, Sudowoodo. Rumors state that the Pokemon hates water, and since I have a water bottle, I am going to spray the tree and see what happens, with my Pokemon ready to battle.
185-Sudowoodo.png

OMG! It is a Sudowoodo! This Pokemon is rare, so I am going to catch it! (I battle it using Gengar) This Pokemon is a trickster, like its nature of pretending to be a tree, despite being a rock type. (I throw an Ultra Ball, which captures the creature) Sudowoodo is more defensive than offensive or fast. Its’ Defense stat is 115 and its’ Special Attack and Speed are both 30, indicating a slowness. Given its act of being a tree, this is really no surprise. With Sudowoodo out of the way, there is nothing that will stop me from Ecruteak City. Ecruteak City is a very old City, existing for at least 1,000 Years. Many of the locations have connections with the Legendary Beasts and Ho-Oh, with Ho-Oh once having roosted in the Bell Tower and the Legendary Beasts supposedly being created after a fire destroyed the Brass Tower. Ecruteak is also home to the famous Ecruteak Dance Theater, where 5 sisters, the Kimono Girls, perform. For Gym Challengers out there, there is the Ecruteak Gym, home to Morty, a specialist in Ghost Types.
pokemon-gs-kimono-girl-job-poster.jpg

Walking through the city, I decide to pay my respects in Brass Tower. Hold on! All 3 Legendary Beasts, Entei, Raikou, and Suicune are looking down at me, and are challenging me to battle! It is said they only challenge people who are deemed to be worthy. This is a great honor! If I can hold my own, I may be able to convince them of my strength.
pokemon-legendary-beasts-1206372-1280x0.jpg

Legendary BeastTypeHighest StatsLowest Stats
Raikou
Thunder Pokemon
ElectricSpecial Attack & Speed: 115Defense: 75
Entei
Volcano Pokemon
FireHP & Attack: 115Special Attack: 75
Suicune
Aurora Pokemon
WaterDefense & Special Defense: 115Attack: 75

Going up first against Raikou, Gengar was challenged by the speed of the Thunder Pokemon. Gengar tried to go invisible to avoid the Legendary, but Raikou was too fast for that, stalling the Ghost type. After a long drawn out battle, Gengar is eventually defeated. With a roar, Raikou escapes on a thundercloud. Next comes Entei. Pikachu comes out to face the Volcano Pokemon. After another long battle, Pikachu is defeated. Entei roars in triumph and escapes quickly. Here I am, laying on the ground, holding my defeated team, when Suicune comes up to me. At first, I prepare for another fight, when suddenly, the Aurora Pokemon heals both of my Pokemon in a blue glow and puts me to sleep. By the time I awake, Suicune has disappeared. I couldn’t believe I had been defeated so thoroughly.

Pushing west, I find myself blocked off by a body of water and Mount Mortar, a large series of caves in the Region. With no choice on how to continue, I receive my Gyrados from the PC, who ferries me across the two lakes, arriving back on land. Finding myself now in Mahogany Town, there isn’t too much there, with the most significant building being Mahogany Gym, led by Pryce, the Ice Type Gym Leader. Heading north from the town, I visit the Lake of Rage, where there is a rumor that 20 Years ago, a Red Gyrados was first seen in the lake.
Red Gyrados.jpg

I rest on the shores of the lake for a while before heading back to town and moving west to Ice Path. Ice Path is home to the Pokemon of my quest, Delibird. Delibird is the Delivery Pokemon and is often viewed as important to Santa Claus and his deliveries. Delibird uses the unique move Present, which either causes damage or heals Pokemon. It is completely random. Delibird has the best stat in 75 Speed and the worst stats in 45 HP, Defense, and Special Defense. With the maze-like, frozen caves of the Ice Path, I take a quick picture of the entrance, then travel back to Goldenrod.
d5n2h9n-b1013e69-92e1-4c5c-9e35-863dbe4c2785.jpg

When I come back to the city and check into my room at the Pokemon Center, I find a mysterious steel box with Red and Blue sides to it waiting for me, along with a Monorail Pass. What the heck is this? Wait, there is a tag on the box, stating,

Take me to Professor Oak. He will know what to do.
Signed,
Professor Willow
Pokemon-Go-Mystery-Box.jpg

Who is this Professor Willow? What is this box? What does Professor Oak have to do with this? Carefully wrapping up the box for easy carry, I begin to pack it and all of my things up to have a meeting with Professor Oak. As I move around the room, I see a small being with a hexagonal nut, oozing metallic body, and a tail that looks like an exposed wire. Strangely, it has an eye floating in the middle of the nut. What is this thing? I have never seen it before. In my rush, an empty Pokeball drops from my hand, and the little being captures itself in the ball. So, this is a Pokemon after all. What Pokemon is it? Picking up the ball, I pocket it. Suddenly, more of the creatures stream to the box, which is glowing. They flood into the box and seal it, with the glowing light ending. Guess I need to take this to Professor Oak. Off to Pallet Town through the use of the Monorail from Goldenrod City to Saffron then by bike and surf to Pallet Town. I guess more surprises await!
Magnet Train.jpg

Wishing you a Merry Christmas!

Article #22-Meltan, Melmetal, and the Mystery Box
Professor Willow.jpg
Professor Willow
Greetings trainers!
I am now in Saffron City, on my way to Pallet Town to meet with Professor Oak with a special package, a mysterious steel box and a Pokemon named Meltan. I have quite a few places to go. Saffron City is home to Silph Co., which makes all of the Pokeballs in Kanto, the Fighting Dojo, which, as the name suggests, specializes in Fighting Types, the Magnet Train Station, which allows movement from Goldenrod to Saffron, the Pokemon Trainer Fan Club, and the Saffron Gym, home to Sabrina, who specializes in Psychic Types. Saffron is a crossroads of the Region, and through the routes, it is connected to Cerulean (North), Celadon (West), Vermillion (South) and Lavender (East). The easiest way to travel to Pallet is through Celadon.

Celadon City is the most populous city in Kanto, and the main place to spend money. There are several locations in the city of note. These include the Celadon Department Store, Celadon Condominiums, Game Corner, Celadon Hotel, and the Celadon Gym, led by Erika, who specializes in Grass Types.Going west, then south of the city leads you to Cycling Road, which is roughly routes 16, 17, and 18, bringing you swiftly to Fuchsia City, which is famous for the Safari Zone and its Gym, headed by Koga and his daughter Janine, users of Poison Types. South of Fuchsia City is routes 19 and 20, water routes that luckily I have a Gyrados for. The Seafoam Islands, home of Articuno, the Titan of Ice, is here, as well as Cinnabar Island, which is home to the decrepit Pokemon Mansion as well as the Cinnabar Fossil Lab and the Cinnabar Gym, home of Blaine, the Fire Type Quiz Master. Between Cinnabar Island and Pallet Town is route 21, which has small patches of land on it.

Upon reaching Pallet Town, I immediately rush to Professor Oak’s Laboratory. Professor Oak focuses on Pokemon and Human relationships. Showing him the box and Meltan, Professor Oak explains that Professor Willow and him ran into the Meltan 2 Years Ago, and that the Meltan and Melmetal were first seen 3,000 Years Ago. Looking at the steel box, he shows me that the Mystery Box is an artifact connected to Meltan and Melmetal in an attempt to keep it safe by ancient people. He even shows me an image from an ancient text.
Meltan & Melmetal Ancient Text.png

During the time we are talking, the Mystery Box begins to open and the Meltan inside comes out and crowds around us. My Meltan leaps out of the Pokeball, and after rejoining with the other Meltan and with Oak and I watching, evolves into Melmetal. I have another mythical Pokemon on my hands!
Pokemon-Go-Mystery-Box.jpg

Professor Oak shows me the stats that both he and Professor Willow have accumulated over the last 2 Years.
Meltan_and_Melmetal.png

MeltanMelmetal
HP: 46HP: 135
Attack: 65Attack: 143
Defense: 65Defense: 143
Special Attack: 55Special Attack: 80
Special Defense: 35Special Defense: 65
Speed: 34Speed: 34

Professor Oak asks me to let Melmetal be studied, as there is still much they need to learn about the Mythic creature. I decided to stay with Melmetal for a few days before heading onto my next destination, hopefully while Melmetal is in my party.
Happy Boxing Day!

Article #23-Jirachi, The Comet of Wishes
Greetings trainers!
As the New Year begins, I am taking a few days to rest in Pallet Town during the research time for Melmetal. As I walk through the town, I stop into the General store to replenish anything I am lacking, food, medicines, and all other supplies, then go into Xanadu Nursery to observe the peaceful atmosphere of the plants. I even pitch in with their care. The day of shopping ends with me sitting outside Professor Oak’s Laboratory on a bench, listening to WPOK, Pallet Town’s local radio station. The stars shine brightly, and as I look up at the sky, a brighter object streaks across the sky. The Millennium Comet!
Comet.jpg

This comet is rare in the sky, especially over Kanto. The comet gets its name from the fact it only appears for seven days every 1,000 Years. As I continue to watch the spectacular display, another starlike object streaks toward me. When I catch it in my arms, it takes me a moment to notice what Pokemon it is, the Wish Pokemon, Jirachi! Jirachi is also known as the Wishmaker, famous for the wish tags on its head. It is also a Mythical Pokemon, having gained that status from the rare appearance every 1,000 Years, coinciding with the comet. It is said to use the energy from the comet to re-enter hibernation, collected through a third eye on its stomach.
Jirachi.jpg

Carefully, I walk Jirachi into the lab so Professor Oak can observe it as it stays. Professor Oak researches it as Jirachi lays still. It is similar to Mew in that all of the stats are 100 across the board. While I sit and play with Jirachi, I look at my planner for where I am to go for the next adventure, the first one of the new year, shortly after Jirachi begins its next hibernation cycle. My next location is Cinnabar Island, to meet with Blaine, Cinnabar Island Gym Leader, for Trivia Day. Luckily, I won’t have to go too far away. There isn’t much for this last post, so I will sign off for the last post of the year! This is Travelin’ Dan and Jirachi, wishing you a happy and healthy new year!

Note To The Readers #8-The Future Of This Column
Now that we have reached the end of the year, the question is, what is the future of this column? This Year (2021) is going to be exciting, and people should stay tuned. We have posted 23 Articles, and covered 67 Pokemon, traveling everywhere from Petalburg Forest in Hoenn to Pallet Town in Kanto and everywhere in between. That was just in the past 4 Months! We have achieved 15,000 Views! That is just incredible! Thank you all so much!

In 2021, we will be expanding our column, from a 1 Day a Week Post schedule to a 3 Day a Week schedule. Sunday postings will maintain our normal program, "Pokemon of The Week (POTW)". On Wednesdays and Fridays, we will be posting 2 new Programs, both Out Of Character (OOC):
Wednesday-"Gameplayers", which will feature the Video Game and Trading Card Game content for the Pokemon of the Week Article.
Friday-"Shows & Reads", which will feature the Anime and Manga content for the Pokemon of the Week Article.

We are expanding our column to cater to the complete rainbow that Pokemon content is. This is very exciting, and has been in development for some time. The location for these other postings will continue to be this thread, so if you are a constant viewer of this program, we hope you look forward to these new updates and content. We certainly do! Thank you for your support!

Article #24-The Master of Trivia, Blaine
Greetings trainers, and welcome to Season 2! This is Travelin’ Dan, reporting from Pallet Town. For Trivia Day, we are heading to Cinnabar Island to meet up with Blaine, Cinnabar Island’s resident quiz master and Gym Leader, specializing in Fire Types. Luckily for me, Cinnabar Island is not far from Pallet Town, so with my trusty team, I head back to Cinnabar to meet with the illusive man and master of games.
Cinnabar Island.jpg

Upon arriving at the Island, I see an older gentleman staring out to sea. He is carrying with him a question mark cane. The person I thought I would have to search for is right on the beach, staring at me. Disembarking onto land, I come up and talk to him. When he smiled at me, we walked along the beach as I explained why I was there. As soon as I finished my explanation, Blaine’s glasses flashed.
Blaine.jpg

“You have met the master of quizzes and puzzles, Me, Blaine! Before I sit down and talk to you, let me ask you 5 Questions, one a 2 parter. You better have some Burn Heal!
  1. What is the name of the Spitfire Pokemon?
Answer: Magmar
  1. How many Gym Badges are there?
Answer: Eight
  1. How effective are Steel Types against Fire Types?
Answer: Not Very Effective
  1. Is there a move called Tombstony?
Answer: No. That is a silly question.
5a. What are the effective types against Fire?
Answer: Ground, Rock, and Water
5b. What are the non effective types against Fire?
Answer: Bug, Grass, Ice, and Steel”

Blaine bowed to me. “You have bested my challenge. It is fitting you came here on Trivia Day. Might I ask you for a Pokemon battle? You best me there and you can go on your way.”
Just like that, a battle began!

Travelin’ DanBlaine
Gyrados (Lv. 52)-MegaMagmar (Lv. 56)
Gengar (Lv. 48)-MegaRapidash (Lv. 56)
Pikachu (Lv. 40)Ninetales (Lv. 56)
Chansey (Lv.20)Flareon (Lv. 56)
Togetic (Lv. 16)Arcanine (Lv. 57)
Bringing out my Gyrados against Magmar, I strike fast, Mega Evolving my Gyrados and hitting with Aqua Tail, a super effective hit. In exchange, he brings out Rapidash. Gyrados uses Surf, which Rapidash runs through using Megahorn, striking Gyrados, and as he faints, the Surf eliminates Rapidash. With him down two Pokemon and me down one, he brings out Ninetales and I bring out Gengar, which comes out invisible. Gengar keeps Ninetales on the run, eventually defeating it. I return Gengar and switch out to Pikachu as he brings out Flareon. The two have dueling Iron Tails, like knights of old. Pikachu somehow manages to strike with a mid air Thunderbolt. That, combined with Iron Tail coming slamming down, defeats Flareon. In the next bout, it’s Pikachu vs. Arcanine. Pikachu is very fast, striking with a Volt Tackle, and just as Pikachu pulls back, Arcanine blasts with Flare Blitz, which causes recoil as well as taking out Pikachu. Down to our last Pokemon, I bring out Gengar, who is once again invisible. Gengar moves fast, striking with Shadow Ball and avoiding Crunch Attacks. In an effort to finish the battle, Arcanine uses Flare Blitz, which Gengar counters with Shadow Ball. Both faint as a result, yet because I have Chansey and Togetic in my team still, I am declared the winner. Defeated, Blaine hands me a Blaine Doll for being victorious. With a sigh, he shakes my hand.
Blaine Doll.png

As we depart, he sees me check the occurrence out of my schedule book. Curious, he looks at my next event, Morse Code Day. He sees what the object of my quest will be. He then says, “Let me make some calls.” He dials out on his phone, starting with “Hi Brandon. It’s Blaine. I have a friend here who is planning to go after some rare Pokemon you might know well. Can you help him? Where is your current location? Can you come get him?” He then hangs up the phone, and after asking for the Blaine Doll, he scribbles down information on it:

Pyramid King Brandon
Current Location: Pewter City, Kanto
Phone Number: 1800-FRONTIER Ext:07

After he finishes, Blaine hands me back the doll, explaining, “I have a friend named Brandon. He is the leader of a bunch of facilities, known as the Battle Frontier. He searches for Rare and Ancient Pokemon. He can be a big help in your next quest. He will come and get you shortly. Make what preparations you need to.” With that, he turns away, and before I know it, he is gone. I am alone again. I decide to relax and prepare to meet this Brandon. Soon enough, he arrives, in a giant pyramid! After the introductions, I make arrangements to pick up my friends in the resort area of Sinnoh, then head off to my next destination. This is Travelin’ Dan, heading off to parts unknown next week. See you there!

POTW:Gameplayers (Issue #1)
GamePlayers.jpg

Hello, and welcome to Pokemon Of The Week:Gameplayers! My name is Unovia, and I am the host of Pokemon Of The Week: Gameplayers and its sister show Pokemon Of The Week:Shows & Reads. This show, Gameplayers, talks about the Video Game and Trading Card Game versions of the weekly topic, while Shows & Reads talks about the Anime and Manga adaptations. Now, let’s get started.

The topic this week is Blaine, the Cinnabar Island Gym Leader. Blaine first appears in Pokemon Red and Blue as the seventh Gym Leader of the game. In order to access the Cinnabar Island Gym, the player has to go into the decrepit Pokemon Mansion to get the key to the Gym, known as the Secret Key. Once that is done, the player can challenge the gym, where Blaine and his trainers await. In order to reach Blaine, players have to answer Questions. Even if the player beats the quiz, they can battle the trainers.In these versions, Blaine has 4 Pokemon, all between the levels of 40 & 47. Defeating him gets the player the volcano badge and TM38 or Fire Blast. In Pokemon Yellow, he drops one Pokemon, yet his team has been strengthened overall, ranging between the levels of 48 and 54. In the Firered and Leafgreen remakes, his team goes back to his Red and Blue levels.

By the time of Gold, Silver, and Crystal, the Cinnabar Volcano has erupted, forcing Blaine to abandon the island and the Gym, moving to the Seafoam Islands. This location is a simple cave with him alone to battle. At this time, he maintains 3 Pokemon, 1 Johto and 2 Kanto, with a top out level of 50. In Heartgold and Soulsilver remakes, his team stays the same as his GSC team, but with higher levels, going between levels 54 and 59. His Gym this time is more impressive, with 7 trainers. The prize for beating him is TM50 or Over Heat. His rematch team in the Fighting Dojo is a blended team of Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh, between the levels of 54 and 62.

His next appearance is in Unova as part of the Kanto Leaders Tournament and the Type Leaders Tournament sections of the Pokemon World Tournament (PWT). His teams are set at level 50 for those battles.

The latest appearance is in Pikachu and Eevee. He has 4 Pokemon of levels 47 and 48. His rematch team is 5 Pokemon between levels 56 and 57. He completes his role that he has had in all Kanto appearances. His prize is TM46 or Fire Blast in these games.

Now, let’s discuss the Cards. Blaine and his team appears as 33 Cards in 5 different sets. The first set he appears in is Gym Heroes, the sixth expansion of cards. It continues Generation I. Blaine appears in the next set, Gym Challenge, the last Generation I set, even getting his own Theme Deck.Blaine does not appear again until Dragon Majesty in the Sun and Moon Era. His last 2 sets are Hidden Fates and Unified Minds, continuing Sun and Moon expansion sets. His role in this era is as a Support card, as opposed to his previous cards, which were either Pokemon or Trainer cards.

All of these appearances demonstrate that Blaine is a frequent character in a variety of media. Toon in on Friday for Shows & Reads!

POTW:Shows & Reads (Issue #1)
Hello. My name is Unovia, and welcome to Pokemon of the Week: Shows & Reads.This show talks about Anime and Manga adaptations of the Pokemon of the Week subject. Let’s get started.

In the Anime, Blaine appeared in Episode 58 of the original series. Blaine was forced to be in disguise and close the Cinnabar Gym after tourism took over the island. He created the Riddle Inn. Eventually, his Gym was discovered to be within Cinnabar Volcano itself. He was challenged by Ash in a 3 on 3 battle, which Ash had to forfeit.. In Episode 59, when Team Rocket intervened in the battle in an attempt to capture Blaine’s Magmar, damaging the Gym and destabilizing the volcano, Ash and Blaine worked to save it. In the end, Cinnabar was saved from an eruption, though the Gym floor had fallen into the volcano, forcing Ash and Blaine to fight on the rim of the volcano, where Ash’s still disobedient Charizard faced off against Magmar, only defeating Magmar using a Seismic Toss. Defeated, Ash was given the badge, though Charizard would still be a problem for some time.

In regard to the manga, we are going to focus on the Pokemon Adventures manga.

Blaine first appears in Red and Blue Chapter as a Team Rocket scientist, helping to create Mewtwo using his own DNA. On Blaine’s request, Red goes with him to Cerulean Cave to capture Mewtwo, with Red using the Master Ball. Red encourages Blaine to turn over a new leaf. In Yellow Chapter, Blaine acts as a Good Gym Leader, helping to fight against evil. Blaine fights with Mewtwo against Lance, leader of the elite four. Because Mewtwo exhausts him, Blaine doesn’t take too much of an active role.

By Gold, Silver, and Crystal Chapter,he is asked to participate in an exhibition match against the Johto Gym Leaders. He is later approached by Entei to command it, feeling he is worthy, despite the fact that Blaine is dying due to his connection to Mewtwo. The two work together with other leaders to take on the Masked Man, which fails. Entei also burns away the bad cells before he departs.

By Firered Leafgreen Chapter, Blaine still feels the connection with Mewtwo, feeling aches and pains as a result. Finally, in X & Y Chapter, Blaine appears with Mewtwo in the Pokemon Village, where Team Flare manipulates Mewtwo and Blaine saves it by Mega Evolution. Lysandre counters using Zygarde, and the two fight, with Zygarde winning initially. Eventually, in a rematch and all out assault, Blaine and Mewtwo work with the protagonist X to defeat Zygarde and Team Flare. Blaine is last seen talking to Prof. Sycamore about Zygarde Cells.

Blaine took an active role in multiple chapters, first being a villain, then redeeming himself. Toon in next week for another episode.

Article #25-Cracking the Code of Giants
Greetings Trainers!
Where am I this week? Actually, I am in the Battle Pyramid with my friends and Pyramid King Brandon, celebrating Morse Code Day.Brandon is taking me and my friends to the Crown Tundra. He is heading to hunt down the Legendary Titans, taking us all along. Our intention is to depart from Brandon and track down the Golems, hopefully to capture them. The air was chilly, with the icicles hanging on all of the buildings, and the ground was hard as stone. When the Pyramid settled on the ground with a thud, we all disembarked, and I shook Brandon’s hand, thanking him. When we were traveling here, we were looking at the images of the titans and deciding which ones each of us planned to tackle, creating a clay figurine of each. Each of us took a flare gun, agreed to meet back in Freezington, then took our separate paths. While I go after Regirock, Amy takes on Regice, C. J. takes on Registeel, Manny takes on Regileki, and Vance takes on Regidrago.

Dan’s Story
As I headed out, I looked down at my clay figurine, Regirock. Unlike my friends, I had the team that could probably take the Titan down. Slogging through the snow on Mudsdale, I ran into a man in a parka and a helmet who introduced himself as Peony. He and I discussed where I was going, and when I told him I was going to capture Regirock, he pointed me to a location known as Rock Peak Ruins and handed me a gift, an Everstone. Cryptically, he stated that I may need it. Just then, the blizzard increased, and Peony disappeared. Shaking off the strangeness, I traversed to Rock Peak Ruins.
Rock Peak Ruins.jpg

Returning Mudsdale back to the Pokeball, I hold the Everstone in my hand as I jog up the stairs of the ruins. Touching the stone to the door, it creaks open, ushering me inside. When I walk in, the doors shut tight. This is a make or break moment. I have to catch it or be defeated. Regirock is nowhere to be found, which confuses me. Looking down, I see a bunch of circles on the ground, which, when I step on them, light up. Looking at the back of the room, I notice the statue lighting up in response to the circles. It is then I realize that I am looking at a pattern. Turning off the lighted circle, I take a walk around the pattern, then look at my figurine. Regirock has 7 dots. There are several circles on the ground. I take it slow, lighting up the pattern, one after another. Pattern complete, I rush over to the statue, awakening Regirock.
Regirock.jpg

The Rock Peak Pokemon lumbers forward as I send out Darmanitan, which promptly strikes with a Hammer Arm. Regirock attempts to batter Darmanitan, swinging its arms. Darmanitan blasts a Flamethrower at the titan, heating up slowly. Regirock moves slowly to counter the attacking, showing the general weakness. Darmanitan uses Fire Punch with the strength of a Hammer Arm to land a final blow. Regirock falls backward, seemingly defeated. Acting quickly, I throw a Dusk Ball, which captures the weakened titan. With Regirock captured, I leave the ruins, firing off the flare.

Amy’s Story

As I headed out, I looked down at my clay figurine, Regice. I am excited. After all, the two members of my team are similar to Regice. Regice is Ice, while my Lapras is a Water and Ice, and my Empoleon is Water and Steel. Leaving Freezington for the Iceberg Ruins, I am stopped by a man who calls himself Peony. When he finds that I am headed to Iceberg Ruins, he points me in the direction of the ruins and also gives me advice-to capture a Cryogonal. Noticing I was wondering where I could catch one, he stated I could find one at Snowslide Slope, which is only a short distance from the Iceberg Ruins. Peony disappeared, and I trudged on. Eventually, I found Snowslide Slope, seeing Cryogonal floating around. Using my Empoleon, I fought to capture one, eventually succeeding. When I do so, I see Iceberg Ruins and rush toward it. Slowly moving up the stairs of the ruins, I touch the frigid door and push, feeling no give. Suddenly, Cryogonal comes out of the ball, opening the door, as though the Ice Type was the key. Shuffling in slowly, the doors seal, forcing a battle with Regice.
Iceberg Ruins.jpg

I see a bunch of lights on the ground, steadily figuring out the pattern due to my figurine. Awakening Regice, I sent out Empoleon, using Metal Claw to do damage to the titan. Thinking about a way to stall out Regice, I order Whirlpool, which traps Regice in a torrent of water. Upon being released, Regice lands hard on the floor of the ruin. I throw a Dive Ball, which surprisingly captures it. My quest completed, I leave the ruins, firing off my flare.
Regice.jpg

C. J.’s Story
As I headed out, I looked down at my clay figurine, Registeel. Why am I going after Registeel? My team is very low level, a simple Charmander and Squirtle. With Charmander leading the way and Squirtle on my back, we move to the Iron Ruins. Charmander helps to blast through the snow so we can eventually reach our selected location. A man named Peony finds me, helping me to the Iron Ruins then departing. Together, we rest on the stairs. Pulling out my recorder to play for my Pokemon, a whistling note breaks out, I hear a door unlatch. Carefully coming up to the door, my Pokemon and I walk inside, with the door sealing behind us. Charmander’s tail lights up the ruins, showing me the floor.
Iron Ruins.jpg

At first, I am not sure how to go through the puzzle, but then I happen to look at the figurine, understanding what to do. Using Charmander and Squirtle, I get through the puzzle, waking up Registeel. Charmander and Squirtle combine their attacks, generating steam, which slowly weakens Registeel. Registeel is in a steam bath, unable to move quickly. The titan freezes in its tracks, seemingly paralyzed. I throw a Quick Ball, which captures Registeel, shocking me as the steam produces a bit of rain. Exhausted, I take a rest on the floor for a while, then rise up, open the door, then fire off my flare.
Registeel.jpg

Manny’s Story
As I headed out and jumped on my Luxray, I looked down on my clay figurine, Regileki. Luxray helps me through the snow, where a man, Peony, stops me, asking for a ride. When he jumps on the back of Luxray, he asks me where I am going. When I show him my figurine, he helps to guide me to the Split Decision Ruins. There, I see Vance waiting for me, sitting on his Venusaur, and Peony gone. Vance shows me his figurine, Regidrago.

Vance’s Story
As I headed out and rode my Venusaur, I looked down on my clay figurine, Regidrago. Venusaur helps me through the snow, where a man, Peony, stops me. He asks where I am headed, I tell him the Split Decision Ruins, which he points me toward. Slowly, Venusaur trudges toward the final destination. When we arrive at the Split Decision Ruins, I decide to rest for a little bit. That is when Manny shows up. We show each other our figurines, deciding to work together to get both Regileki and Regidrago.
Split-Decision Ruins.jpg

Manny & Vance’s Story
The two of us walk together up the stairs, noticing the stairs are red and yellow, suggesting that the two titans are both in the ruin. We both try to open the door, which fails. Coming to an idea, Lucario puts its hands to the door, unlocking it using Aura power. We both go in and look at the statue, which shows elements of both titans. We take on the puzzle, eventually releasing both titans, which come out to battle.
Regileki.jpg

Regidrago.jpg

Just like that, we find ourselves in a double battle. We use Lucario and Pikachu against the two. Lucario is Mega Evolved to help battle, which provides the necessary strength to take the titans down and capture them eventually. Exhausted, we leave the ruins with our captures, both firing off the flares and riding Luxray away..

Dan’s Story
After my capture, I moved back to Freezington, watching the skies for the other flares. I was enthusiastic as I watched them light up the sky and count them. So, all of the titans have been captured. Within a few hours, they have all come back with our titans. I inform the others that there is one more titan to capture, and it requires the others to summon-Regigigas. The five of us, with only our titans, head to the special den in the Giant’s Bed, where Regigigas is supposed to be found. Upon arriving, we find the master titan ready for battle in a Max Raid. The five Titans combine their attacks to bring their leader down.
Regigigas.png

As the leader of the group, I am given the right of capture, which, once it is weak enough, I do so. The five of us decided to celebrate on the way back to Freezington, our goal completed. Brandon meets up with us to hear our stories and to record their stats.

StatsRegigigasRegirockRegiceRegisteelRegilekiRegidrago
HP11080808080200
Attack1601005075100100
Defense1102001001505050
Special Attack805010075100100
Special Defense1101002001505050
Speed10050505020080

With the job done, my friends ask Brandon to take them back to Sinnoh, and he asks where I want to go, which after looking at my schedule, I state Johto for Winnie The Pooh Day, Brandon does as requested in exchange for the six titans as payment for the travel. We give them to him, and after I say goodbye to my friends, I prepare to set off on my next quest. See you next week!

POTW:Gameplayers (Issue #2)
Welcome to Gameplayers! My name is Unovia. It’s nice to have you here. This week’s subjects are the Legendary Titans, otherwise known as the Legendary Golems or Regis.These Legends were created by their Master, Regigigas, through the use of ice mountain, rocks, magma, electric energy, and crystalized dragon energy. Three of the Titans were introduced in Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald (Regirock, Regice, and Registeel), where they were obtainable after solving the mystery of the Sealed Chamber and opening their tombs. Those same three were obtainable in the remakes of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire in the same situation. Regirock is found in the Desert Ruins of Route 111. Regice is found in the Island Cave on Route 105. Registeel is found in the Ancient Tomb on Route 120. All three of them can be found in the same locations in the remakes, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Regigigas could be found on Island Cave once the others are captured in those games.

The titans next appearance was in Pokemon Platinum, where Regirock is obtainable in the Rock Peak Ruins on Route 228, Regice can be found in the Iceberg Ruins of Mt. Coronet, and Registeel can be found in the Iron Ruins of Iron Island. It was also in the Sinnoh Games that the leader of the titans, Regigigas, was introduced. It could be found in Snowpoint Temple. In Pokemon Black 2 and White 2, the titans are also available, with Regirock, Regice, and Registeel being found using entrance keys in both games through the Underground Ruins. Regirock is available after the Hall of Fame, while Registeel is available for Black 2, and Regice is available in White 2. Regigigas could be found in Twist Mountain after the other titans are captured. Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon brings the titans back through the use of the Ultra Warp Ride wormholes, with Regigigas only available in Ultra Moon.

Finally in Sword and Shield, the three original titans can be found in ruins throughout the Crown Tundra along with two new titans, Regileki and Regidrago. Regirock can be found in Rock Peak Ruins, Regice can be found in Iceberg Ruins, Registeel can be found in Iron Ruins, Regielki and Regidrago can be found in the Split Decision Ruins, with the player choosing which one they want based on the pattern. Regigigas can be captured only if the other titans are with the player, with Regigigas being a Max Raid battle.

Moving onto the cards, Regirock first appeared in the card set EX Hidden Legends, and appeared on 12 different cards total since. Regice first appeared in the card set EX Hidden Legends, and has been on 8 different cards. Registeel first appeared in the card set EX Hidden Legends, and has been on 9 different cards. Regigigas first appeared in the Legends Awakened expansion set, and has 12 different cards. In regards to Regieleki and Regidrago, neither of them have had cards connected to them yet. See you next week!

POTW:Shows & Reads (Issue #2)
Hello. My name is Unovia, and welcome to Pokemon of the Week: Shows & Reads.This show talks about Anime and Manga adaptations of the Pokemon of the Week subject. Let’s get started.

The Titans made their first debut in Movie 8, Lucario and the Mystery of Mew. Their main role was to protect the Tree of Beginning from harm.In the main series, the titans made their appearance with Pyramid King Brandon, being captured by him.They made appearances in both the Battle Frontier Arc as well as during the Diamond and Pearl Series. Ash battled all 3 at various times during his three battles with Brandon, with Regirock being battled during the first possessed battle, Registeel being used during the second battle, and Regice being used during the decisive third battle. All 3 later made appearances during Paul’s battle against Brandon and defending Regigigas during Hunter J’s attack. It was during the defense of Regigigas that the titan master revealed that it can control the others using confusion techniques. Regigigas debuted in Movie 11, Giratina and the Sky Warrior, where it was woken during the crisis in the Distortion World, awakening to stop a glacier from causing devastation. Crisis averted, the Titan went back to sleep.

In the Manga, the Legendary titans are spread throughout the Ruby & Sapphire Chapter, Emerald Chapter, Heartgold and Soulsilver Chapter, and Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Chapter. They were first awakened by Steven Stone in an attempt to stop Groudon and Kyogre from fighting. When Steven lost control of them, they attacked him and left. By the Emerald Chapter, Brandon found them and captured all 3. Emerald challenged and battled them, eventually defeating them and winning the symbol from Brandon. In the Heartgold and Soulsilver Chapter, they are lent to Palmer to awaken Regigigas, returning to Brandon by the time of the Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Chapter.

Regigigas appears in the Heartgold and Soulsilver Chapter, being awoken by Palmer, but was soon released back to Snowpoint Temple. In the Diamond and Pearl Chapter and the Platinum Chapter, Regigigas is captured by the protagonists and is used to defend against other legendary threats, such as Palkia, Dialga, and Giratina. It is also shown to have the immense strength that comes with being a Legendary, but because of this strength, it can tire easily.

I think that does it for this week. Next week is likely to be more conventional. See you then.

Article #26-In The Hundred Acre Wood
Today, I woke up in Blackthorn City, Johto, home of the Dragons. This week, however, I am not hunting for dragons. In the mountainous area south of Blackthorn, there is a forest where Teddiursa and Ursaring are common. That is where I am settling into this week. I also set my team as Pikachu,Gengar, Chansey, and Togetic. Hiking through the forest, I found many small caves which had a few Ursaring in it, who were raising their young Teddiursas. Now encamped in the wilderness, I wondered what I would do to complete my quest.
Teddiursa.jpg

Soon enough, the object of my quest would present itself when I heard the cries of a small creature. Sending out Pikachu and Gengar, I rushed to its rescue, Gengar flying ahead to find it. Eventually, we find it, a Teddiursa, unstable on a tree branch, a beehive on the edge of the branch, with a massive swarm of Beedrill around it, clearly angry. The Little Bear Pokemon, slightly terrified, hangs there, swinging. I am not sure what to do initially, for if I act too slowly, Teddiursa might have issues, and if I act too fast, the Beedrill will likely attack me. Returning Gengar and sending out Chansey, I set the Egg Pokemon at the bottom of the tree, waiting for Teddiursa if it were to fall. I sent out Togetic to float near Teddiursa, just in case. To create a distraction, I had Pikachu use a high powered Thunder Wave to shock the Beedrill to paralysis. With the Beedrill shocked, I get Togetic to pick Teddiursa up off the branch.
217-Ursaring.png

In the commotion, a larger Pokemon came into the clearing, the mother Ursaring. Scanning both Teddiursa and Ursaring, I collected the stats.

StatsTeddiursaUrsaring
HP6090
Attack80130
Defense5075
Special Attack5075
Special Defense5075
Speed4055

I realized that Ursaring heard her baby’s cry and rushed for aid. Now, she views me as the threat. Ursaring rushes to attack me as Togetic rescues Teddiursa from the branch. Jumping down from Togetic’s grasp, Teddiursa comes to my defense, asking their mother to stop. The Ursaring stops, then picks Teddiursa up and the two depart. Returning Chansey and Togetic to their pokeballs, I head back to my campsite, preparing to leave. As I arrive at the site, I see a small bear, the Teddiursa I saved. Bending down and fluffing the hair, I see a Pokeball next to it, suggesting the creature wants to go with me. Capturing it in a ball, I pocket Teddiursa and set it in my team. Quest completed, I prep for next week, unsure of where I am going. I will see you all next week. This is Travelin’ Dan, with my new Teddiursa, signing off.

POTW:Gameplayers (Issue #3)
Welcome to Gameplayers! My name is Unovia, and it is nice to have you here. This week's subjects are Teddiursa and Ursaring. Both of these Pokemon first appeared in Gold, Silver, and Crystal, with appearances in Gold and Crystal, but not Silver. In Gold, Teddiursa appears on Route 45, and in Crystal, the little bear appears in Dark Cave during the mornings. Ursaring appears on Route 28, Victory Road, and Mt. Silver in Gold and Blackthorn Dark Cave and Mt. Silver during the Morning and Day in Crystal.Teddiursa and Ursaring do not majorly appear again until Diamond and Pearl Route 211 (Teddiursa) and Routes 216 and 217 (Ursaring). The last major game the two bears are in is SoulSilver in the same locations they were during their introductory games. Ursaring is located in one space that Teddiursa is not, Kalos Route 21.

In the cards, Teddiursa has its first appearance in the Neo Discovery set. It has had 12 different cards since its introduction. Ursaring was also introduced in Neo Discovery, and has had 13 cards since the introduction, one more than Teddiursa. That is it for the week. We will see you next week on the next topic!

POTW:Shows & Reads (Issue #3)
Hello. My name is Unovia, and welcome to Shows & Reads. The topic for this week is Teddiursa and Ursaring. Starting with the anime, Teddiursa has had 8 Major appearances and 33 Minor appearances, making Teddiursa a pretty common background Pokemon. We will consider only 3 of the Major occasions. Teddiursa debuted in Movie 3 as part of an illusion created by the Unown. A real Teddiursa appeared near the end of the film. Teddiursa first appeared in the anime in Episode 186, when it acted as a trickster to get food. It eventually evolves into Ursaring in the course of the episode. A Teddiursa is also a friend of the Pichu Bros, appearing in many of their adventures. Ursaring has had 9 Major occasions and 25 Minor. Its most important occurrence was in DP006, where Ash’s rival Paul captured an Ursaring. It was then a recurring Pokemon on Paul’s team in the Diamond and Pearl Series, going up against Brandon and being part of Paul’s team during the Lily of the Valley Conference.

In the Manga, Teddiursa has a major appearance in Teddiursa’s Picnic and Ursaring Major, in which Gold helps Kurts’ granddaughter Mazie catch one. In Ursaring Major, Silver catches an Ursaring, which stays with him as part of his team until Silver gives Ursaring to Giovanni, his father, as his personal bodyguard. The Ursaring appears in the Gold, Silver, and Crystal Chapter, the Firered and Leafgreen Chapter, and the Heartgold and Soulsilver Chapter, featuring as part of many of the crises in those chapters due to being part of a protagonist’s team.

Goes to show, the two bears are a pretty common sight. See you next week!

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom