• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon of the Week (POTW)

Article #41-Baby Pokemon R Us
Hi trainers! It’s your girl, Amy, still here in Galar after last week. I am celebrating Baby Day, though right now, I am still in the Crown Tundra, fresh off my capture of Eiscue last week. In Galar, the Nursery is on Route 5, between Turffield & Hulbury. I am calling for the Flying Taxi. Off we go!

-Turffield-
I am in Turffield now, just west of Route 5. I have decided that, since I am going to be between the two cities, I might as well take a page from C. J. and challenge the two Gyms that bound Route 5. First up is Milo, who uses Grass Type Pokemon. Here we go!

Milo (Gym Leader)Amy (Challenger)
GossifleurEiscue
EldegossAromatisse
Lapras
Empoleon

This should be an easy battle, since my Eiscue can freeze easily. I quickly defeated his Gossifleur, though Eldegoss presented some issues. Even so, I got the Grass Badge easily, and with Milo’s blessing, I left Turffield and headed down the hill to my destination, the Galar Route 5 nursery.

The worker explained to me that there are 19 Baby Pokemon. There are 8 Baby Pokemon native to Kanto & Johto, 2 native to Hoenn, 8 native to Sinnoh, and 1 native to Galar. These Pokemon are Pichu, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Togepi, Tyrogue, Smoothum, Elekid, Magby, Azurill, Wynaut, Budew, Chingling, Bonsly, Mime Jr., Happiny, Munchlax, Riolu, Mantyke, & Toxel. There are a lot of Baby Pokemon! Half of them are only available through the use of different smells, called Incenses. Those resultant Pokemon babies are referred to by Care workers as “Smell Babies”. These are Azurill (Sea), Wynaut (Lax), Budew (Rose), Chingling (Pure), Bonsly (Rock), Mime Jr. (Odd), Happiny (Luck), Munchlax (Full), and Mantyke (Wave). The worker also showed that in the back room of the facility, they also produce the incense, creating a very aromatic location. My Aromatisse came out of its Pokeball, excited to smell the room. It drifted into there, being drawn by the wafting perfumes. It was at this point that the worker promised me two things if I would spend the day making incense. Those were the data on the baby Pokemon and a “Gift from Galar”.

Excited to help, we worked all day, making and mixing perfumes of all types for all of the different Pokemon that needed them to breed. I also took care of a lot of the Baby Pokemon, feeding them and making sure they did not get into trouble. Every time one wandered off, Aromatisse helped out. It was a born Nursery worker! It was lovely to see, yet it was exhausting! I think we were both worn out. I don’t know how the workers at the nurseries do their job every day. As I finished the last mixture, the worker gave me an egg as a reward and a copy of the stats for all of the Baby Pokemon. While Empoleon sat on the egg to warm it, I recorded the stats.

Kanto & Johto

StatsPichuCleffaIgglybuffTogepiTyrogueSmoochumElekidMagby
HP2050903535454545
Attack4025302035306375
Defense1528156535153737
Special Attack3545404035856570
Special Defense3555206535655555
Speed6015152035659583

Hoenn

StatsAzurillWynaut
HP5095
Attack2023
Defense4048
Special Attack2023
Special Defense4048
Speed2023

Sinnoh

StatsBudewChinglingBonslyMime Jr.HappinyMunchlaxRioluMantyke
HP404550201001354045
Attack303080255857020
Defense355095455404050
Special Attack5065107015403560
Special Defense70504590658540120
Speed554510603056050

Galar

StatsToxel
HP40
Attack38
Defense35
Special Attack54
Special Defense35
Speed40

Those are a lot of stats! When I got my egg, it was a Purple egg with a few stars on it. What could it be? As Empoleon finishes sitting on it, it hatches, producing a Toxel. Toxel is unique because it has two potential forms based on its nature. Toxel licked my face as I added it to my team. The nursery worker told me that Toxel may be helpful in the battle against Nessa, since it has Electric type moves, to which Toxel Nuzzles me. Giving it a hug, I return it to its ball, intending to train it.
848Toxel.png

Waving goodbye to the Nursery worker, I begin to make my way to Hulbury, where I decided to stop my journey. I had traveled a long way, and Toxel needed to rest. Very quietly, this is Amy and my new Toxel, signing off.

POTW: Gameplayers (Issue #16)
Welcome to Gameplayers! My name is Unovia, and it is nice to have you here! This week, we discuss the Baby Pokemon. There are a lot of Babies, so let’s get started.
Opening with Pichu, it was one of seven Pokemon that you could receive as part of the Odd Egg, the others being Cleffa, Igglybuff, Tyrogue, Smoochum, Elekid, & Magby. Pichu was first catchable in the Trophy Garden in Sinnoh. In Alola, it was found on Route 1 and Hau’oli City. Galar saw Pichu at Giant’s Cap, Hammerlocke Hills, and Motostoke Riverbank. Cleffa was first catchable at Mt. Coronet & the Trophy Garden in Sinnoh, then Mt. Hokulani in Alola, and then Hammerlocke Hills, Rolling Fields, Fields of Honor, Soothing Wetlands, Forest of Focus, & Insular Sea in Galar. Igglybuff is found at the Trophy Garden in Sinnoh, Routes 4 & 6 in Alola, & the Fields of Honor in Galar.

Togepi has, by far, the most availability of any Baby Pokemon, being obtainable first from Professor Elm’s assistant, then from an Egg in the Water Labyrinth in the Sevii Islands, then in Route 230 or from Cynthia in Sinnoh, White Forest or from Curtis or Yancy in Unova, Lavaridge Town in Gen 6 Hoenn, and a trade for a Toxel in Hammerlocke or catchable n bridge Field, Hammerlocke Hills, Lake of Outrage, or Rolling Fields in Galar.

Tyrogue can be obtained from Kiyo in Mt. Mortar in Johto, Routes 208 & 211 in Sinnoh, Route 10 in Unova, Route 112, Jagged Pass, & Fiery Path in Gen 6 Hoenn, and finally in many locations in Galar. Smoochum is catchable starting in Sinnoh at Lake Acuity and Snowpoint Temple. In Kalos, it can be found in Frost Cavern, Alola finds it in Seaward Cave. Galar finds Smoochum at Slippery Slope & Frostpoint Cavern. Elekid is catchable starting at Route 205 & the Valley Windworks in Sinnoh, White Forest of Virbank Complex in Unova, Mirage Mountain in Gen 6 Hoenn, Route 12, Blush Mountain, & Mt. Hokulani in Alola, and in Galar, it is found at Giant’s Bed, Old cemetery, Giant’s Foot, Frigid Sea, Three Point Pass, & Ballimere Lake. Magby is found at Route 227 & Stark Mountain in Sinnoh, White Forest & Virbank Complex in Unova, Mirage Mountain in Gen 6 Hoenn, Wela Volcano Park in Alola, & many locations in Galar.

In Hoenn, two more babies were added. These are Azurill and Wynaut. Azurill is obtainable in the Trophy Garden & The Great Marsh in Sinnoh, the Safari Zone in Gen 4 Johto, White Forest, Route 20, & Floccesy Ranch in Unova, Routes 3 & 22 in Kalos, while in galar, it is found in Brawler’s cave & Fields of Honor. Wynaut is found on Mirage Island in Gen 3 Hoenn and Lavaridge Town in Gen 6 Hoenn, On Route 2 in Unova, and Hammerlocke Hills, Motostoke Riverbank, & Stony Wilderness in Galar.

Eight more babies were introduced in Sinnoh, the first of which was Budew. Budew is obtainable on Routes 204, 205, 2018, 212, Eterna Forest, & Great Marsh in Sinnoh, the Safari Zone in Gen 4 Johto, White Forest in Unova, Route 4 in Kalos, and a lot of locations in Galar. Chingling is obtainable at Route 211, Lake Valor, Mt. Coronet, Lake Acuity, Sendoff Spring, & Turnback cave in Sinnoh, Safari Zone in Gen 4 Johto, & Route 11 and Reflection Cave in Kalos. Bonsly is obtainable in the Trophy Garden, Routes 2019 & 210 in Sinnoh, Routes 1, 5, & Lush Jungle in Alola, & many locations in Galar. Mime Jr. is obtainable in the Trophy Garden, Routes 2019 & 210 in Sinnoh, Reflection Cave in Kalos, Hau’oli City in Alola, and many locations in Galar. Happiny can be found in Hearthome City & Trophy Garden in Sinnoh, White Forest and Nacrene City in Unova, Mirage Forest & Mirage Mountain in Gen 6 Hoenn, many locations in Alola, & many locations in Galar. Munchlax could be captured through Honey Trees in Sinnoh from many different locations, Undella Town in Unova, Route 1 in Alola, & Motostoke Riverbank, Bridge Field, Stony Wilderness, & Ballimere Lake in Galar. Riolu is obtainable from Iron Island in Sinnoh, the Safari Zone in Gen 4 Johto, Challengers’ Cave & Floccesy Ranch in Unova, Route 22 in Kalos, Poni Cave in Alola, and many locations in Galar. Mantyke, the last baby in Sinnoh, was available in Route 223 & Sunyshore City in Sinnoh, Route 21, Undella Town, & Undella Bay in Unova, Route 12, Shalour City, & Azure Bay in Kalos, the Battle Resort in Gen 6 Hoenn, Routes 1, & 8, Hau’oli City Kala’e Bay, & Melemele Sea in Alola, and a lot of locations in Galar.

Toxel, the newest Baby, is obtainable in the Nursery at Route 5 in Galar, along with a ton of wild locations. OMG! That was tiring!

Whew! Let’s go to the Cards! They have many many cards, some that are more prominent have more than others, and it just shows how significant they are to the overall game. See you next week! This is Unovia, signing off!

POTW:Shows & Reads (Issue #15)
Welcome to Shows & Reads! My name is Unovia, and it is great to have you here! This week is about the Baby Pokemon. All of the babies except Toxel have appeared in the anime. The ones that have been major characters are Misty’s Togepi, a recurring Wynaut from Blackthorn City, May’s Munchlax, Misty’s Azurill, James’ Mime Jr., Brock’s Bonsly, Paul’s Elekid, Nando’s budew, Brock’s Happiny, a special Aura Sphere Riolu, Cameron’s Riolu, Korrina’s Riolu, Lusamine’s Cleffa, Ash’s Pikachu as a Pichu, and Ash’s Riolu. There seems to be an indicator that Baby Pokemon are an important sign of a new arc in the anime.

In the Manga, all but Toxel have appeared, with 3 of the babies having major roles. Gold, the Protagonist in the Gold, Silver, & Crystal Chapter, is known as a Hatcher, a person notably skilled in taking care of Baby Pokemon. He had both a Pichu as well as a Togepi. Diamond of the Diamond, Pearl and Platinum Chapter, also had a Munchlax. All of those Pokemon were significant players on the respective teams.

That’s it for this week. This is Unovia, signing off.

Article #42-The Roaming Birds of Kanto & Galar
Hey trainers! This is Travelin’ Dan, here to introduce the subject for the week, the Legendary Birds Articuno, Zapdos, & Moltres. This episode is done in collaboration with C. J., who is still in Kanto & Amy, who is still in Galar. With that said, please enjoy this episode.

C. J.
Fuchsia City, Kanto
Hey trainers! I am still in Fuchsia City. Articuno is to the south of Fuchsia City, in the Seafoam Islands. I deposited my team except for my Charizard and Blastoise into the box and headed south to Seafoam, where I saw Articuno flying over, making a large circle over the islands. I sent Charizard out to engage with Articuno, and they proceeded to have aerial combat, with Articuno being the winner. I was able to hurriedly record its stats before returning Charizard to the Pokeball.
120px-144Articuno.png

StatsKantonian Articuno
HP90
Attack85
Defense100
Special Attack95
Special Defense125
Speed85

As Articuno flew away, I dodged a few Ice Beams while riding toward Cinnabar Island. As I arrived and disembarked, returning Blastoise to the Pokeball, I walked into the Pokemon Center, resting for a little bit. In one of the booths, I saw an older man. After introducing myself, he introduced himself as Blaine, Cinnabar Island Gym Leader. After we had a conversation, he invited me to battle him at the Gym. Excited, once my duo was healed up, I headed to battle him. After all, he could have a hint as to how to find the other two Legendary Birds.

Blaine (Gym Leader)C. J. (Challenger)
Magmar (Lv. 47)Blastoise (Lv. 36)
Rapidash (Lv. 47)Charizard (Lv. 36)
Ninetales (Lv. 47)
Arcanine (Lv. 48)

I sent out Blastoise to battle his Magmar. After a bit of a fight, Blastoise wins, then faces Rapidash, then Ninetales. Blaine’s Arcanine finally ends Blastoise, leading me to use Charizard. One Seismic Toss, and I win my 6th Kanto Badge. In return Blaine gives me information on the location of Zapdos and Moltres. Zapdos is apparently near the Power Plant between Cerulean City and Lavender Town, while Moltres is near Mt. Ember off of One Island in the Sevii Islands. After thanking Blaine, I flew off on Charizard to Cerulean City, where I eventually got to the Power Plant, where Zapdos was flying around the area. Luckily, I had brought my Raichu to this fight to attract Zapdos, which Charizard actually fought.

145Zapdos_RB.png

StatsKantonian Zapdos
HP90
Attack90
Defense85
Special Attack125
Special Defense90
Speed100

Zapdos defeated Charizard after a brief fight, then flew away, seemingly ignoring me. I swam back to Cerulean, with only my Blastoise active. I had been struck down twice, and I still had one more to find and fight, Moltres. After healing up my Charizard, I decided to travel through to Saffron to battle Sabrina before going back to Cinnabar and off to One Island. Arriving in Saffron, I commenced my battle with the psychic queen.

Sabrina (Gym Leader)C. J. (Challenger)
Mr. Mime (Lv. 43)Blastoise (Lv. 36)
Slowbro (Lv. 43)Raichu (Lv. 36)
Jynx (Lv. 43)Charizard (Lv. 36)
Alakazam (Lv. 44)

She opened with Mr. Mime, and I with Blastoise. Blastoise easily dispatched Mr. Mime, and she switched to Slowbro, which made me switch to Raichu. Raichu bolted Slowbro, which forced a switch to Jynx. Raichu switched out for Charizard, which crisped Jynx, leaving her with Alakazam. Alakazam beat Raichu and Charizard before falling to my Blastoise, allowing me to have my 7th Badge. Strangely, Sabrina teleported my team and I back to Cinnabar, cutting most of my journey back with my badge in hand.

Jumping onto Blastoise, I pushed south eventually arriving onto One Island in the Sevii Islands. In the distance, I see what must be Mt. Ember, especially considering I can see Moltres near the cloud cover. Hoping on my Charizard, I fly toward the mountain. Moltres must have seen me, because it comes in, ready to attack. The two collide midair, almost throwing me from Charizard. Even though Moltres finally defeats Charizard, I am able to rescue myself and record the stats for the bird.

120px-146Moltres.png

StatsKantonian Moltres
HP90
Attack100
Defense90
Special Attack125
Special Defense85
Speed90

Using Blastoise to get back to One Island, I take the ferry back to Cinnabar, then travel back to Fuchsia City, where I mail my experience to Amy to give her knowledge for her travels, where she is going for the Galarian Forms of the same birds. Off to you, Amy!

Amy
Crown Tundra, Galar
Hey trainers! This is Amy, here in the Crown Tundra to go after the Galarian Forms of the Legendary Birds: Articuno, Zapdos, & Moltres. After talking to Peony, my guide to the Crown Tundra, I was directed to Dyna Tree Hill, where I was told the three Galarian birds gather. Sure enough, upon my arrival, three birds met me there, and quickly took over the area, forcing me to escape for my life.

Articuno flew deeper into the Crown Tundra, encouraging me to follow it, which I did, slowly trudging deeper and deeper into the area in search of my target. This Articuno must be different, as it keeps producing mirages. The only type of Pokemon that can produce mirages is a Psychic type, so this version must be part Psychic. After chasing it for what seems like an eternity, I am eventually stopped by Articuno itself, who looks down at me with contempt. I ask Articuno to let me record the stats, to which it psychically communicates them to me, then departs in a blizzard.

120px-144Articuno-Galar.png

StatsGalarian Articuno
HP90
Attack85
Defense85
Special Attack125
Special Defense100
Speed95

Articuno also gave me the information for Zapdos, who apparently roams the Wild Area. Upon receiving this information, I traveled to the Wild Area. After a while of riding around, I come across a roadrunner type of Pokemon that looks like a Zapdos but on two legs instead of flying around. Zapdos sees me and runs like a bolt of lightning, to which I give chase. It lets me get close to record its stats, then kicks me in the head, making me pass out while it escapes.

600px-145Zapdos-Galar.png

StatsGalarian Zapdos
HP90
Attack125
Defense90
Special Attack85
Special Defense90
Speed100

The dream state the hit forces me into shows me where Galarian Moltres is...The Isle of Armor. With this information, I head to the Isle of Armor, where I look to the skies, seeing a black and magenta bird flying overhead. It looks like a Moltres, but it is different. Still, I find a way to collect the stats and move on before it attacks me.

120px-146Moltres-Galar.png

StatsGalarian Moltres
HP90
Attack85
Defense90
Special Attack100
Special Defense125
Speed90

This was an exhausting day. I think it is time to rest. I am going to send both tapes to Dan and rest up for the week.

I guess this is it for the week. This is Travelin’ Dan, C. J., and Amy, all signing off!

POTW: Gameplayers (Issue #17)
Welcome to Gameplayers! My name is Unovia, and it is nice to have you here! Today, we are discussing the Legendary Birds. Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres. This will include both Kantoian and Galarian Forms, so let’s get started.

Articuno was first introduced in Red, Blue, & Yellow at the Seafoam Islands. This is where he is in all of the Kanto and Johto games. In Platinum, it roams Sinnoh. In the Kalos games, it arrives in the Sea Spirit’s Den after being seen 10 times and the player has to pick Chespin. In the USUM games, it is found in the Ultra Space Wilds. In Galar, its Galarian Form roams the Crown Tundra.

Zapdos was first introduced in Red, Blue, & Yellow at the Power Plant. This is where he is in the Kanto Games, but in HGSS, he is found at Route 10 and the Player must have 16 Badges to find him. In Platinum, it roams Sinnoh. In the Kalos games, it arrives in the Sea Spirit’s Den after being seen 10 times and the player has to pick Fennekin. In the USUM games, it is found in the Ultra Space Wilds. In Galar, its Galarian Form roams the Wild Area.

Moltres was first introduced in Red, Blue, & Yellow at the Victory Road. Of the three birds, Moltres has the most variation in regard to the locations where it can be found. Other than the Victory Road, it can be at Mt. Silver in the Johto games & Mt. Ember in Fire Red & Leaf Green, though its traditional place is the Victory Road. In Platinum, it roams Sinnoh. In the Kalos games, it arrives in the Sea Spirit’s Den after being seen 10 times and the player has to pick Froakie. In the USUM games, it is found in the Ultra Space Wilds. In Galar, its Galarian Form roams the Isle of Armor.

Moving onto the Cards, the Birds all debuted in their Kantonian Form in the Base Set of the TCG. Articuno & Moltres have 22 Cards total, while Zapdos has 26. They each have a Galarian Form Card, which as of yet, is only in the Japanese Expansion sets. That’s it for this week. See you later!

POTW:Shows & Reads (Issue #16)
Welcome to Shows & Reads! My name is Unovia, and it is nice to have you here! This week is about the Legendary Birds, both Kantonian and Galarian Forms. Let’s get started. Being Legendaries, they very infrequently appear in the anime. All 3 appeared as part of the second film as major elements of the plot to get Lugia. Of the other appearances, Articuno has an appearance in Johto and as a wild one that the Frontier Brain Noland uses in battles, Zapdos appeared in EP242, XY110, and JN040, and Moltres is often associated with the lighting of a torch to symbolize the start of a tournament but also has appeared in EP074 & XY086. In regard to the Manga, the three appeared as part of the controversial Combination Pokemon Thu-Fi-Zer, better known by the name Zapmolcuno by fans. Short, sweet, and to the point. That does it for this week! See you later!

Article #43-Sudowoodo, the Rocky Tree
Hi trainers! This is C. J., who is reporting from Saffron City, in Kanto. Today, I am also going to be traveling with Alan, who I caught up with after facing down the Legendary Birds last week. We are heading to Johto Route 36 to find ourselves a mirage, Sudowoodo, who tends to hang out there to celebrate Love a Tree Day. With my Magnet Train Pass that I purchased from the depot here in Saffron, it is time for us to travel. The Magnet Train travels at 340 Miles an Hour, being a bullet train. Off we go!

=Goldenrod City, Johto =
Upon disembarking, we left the station in Goldenrod, where we considered taking on the Goldenrod Gym, which would be my 8th Badge total, though my 1st from Johto. Upon consulting Nurse Joy, she told us that our goal, Route 36 was between Goldenrod and Ecruteak Cities, and that Sudowoodo liked to settle there. She wasn’t sure why. With a goal in mind, we headed to the Goldenrod City Gym first, requesting Whitney give me a battle for a Badge.

Whitney (Gym Leader)C. J. (Challenger)
Clefairy (Lv. 17)Charizard (Lv. 36)
Miltank (Lv. 19)Blastoise (Lv. 36)

Clefairy was no match for Charizard, who quickly fell to a Flamethrower. Miltank was a challenge, however. It was a fast mover, able to dodge much of Charizard’s attacks using Rollout. Charizard heated the ground underneath Miltank, forcing the cow to faint and giving me my badge. After Whitney cried, she told me about the rumors of a dancing tree. Alan and I left Goldenrod with Ecruteak in our sights. Eventually, we came across a clearing, where a tree stood, or at least what we thought was a tree.

Taking out a water bottle, we poured it out around the tree, which to our surprise, popped out of the ground and screamed. That was at the point that we found it was not a tree at all, but more a rock. I sent out Blastoise to corner it, then captured it quickly. We celebrated our capture, then pushed north into Ecruteak City. Here were Sudowoodo’s stats.

600px-185Sudowoodo.png

StatsSudowoodo
HP70
Attack100
Defense115
Special Attack30
Special Defense65
Speed30

Ecruteak is an ancient city, one of the most ancient in the entire world. There are many old buildings in the city, and a major location for tourism. We decided to rest this week. This is C. J. and Alan, signing off!

POTW: Gameplayers (Issue #18)
Welcome to Gameplayers! My name is Unovia, and it is great to have you here! This week, we are talking about the lovable Sudowoodo. This camouflaged Pokemon can be seen blocking the road in Johto & Hoenn. Let’s get started.

Sudowoodo was introduced in the Johto games, Gold, Silver, & Crystal, where it was located at Route 36, blocking the road between Goldenrod and Ecruteak.In Gen 3 Hoenn, it was discoverable in the Battle Tower. In Sinnoh, Sudowoodo was catchable on Route 214 and 221. Sudowoodo returned to its Johto location in Heartgold & Soulsilver. In Unova, Sudowoodo showed up on Route 20 in a swarm. In Kalos, it is found on Route 20 in a mixed horde with Trevanant, the other tree Pokemon. In Alola, it is catchable in Routes 1 and 5 and Lush Jungle. Finally in Galar, Sudowoodo is discoverable at Bridge Field, Dusty Bowl, Hammerlocke Hills, Motostoke Outskirts, Motostoke Riverbank, Giant’s Seat, Rolling Fields, Stony Wilderness, & Fields of Honor. Notably, the only times that Sudowoodo was to do its’ tree act was in the Johto and Hoenn games.

Moving on to the Cards, Sudowoodo was introduced in the Neo Genesis expansion. Sudowoodo has had 12 Cards total. See you next week!

POTW:Shows & Reads (issue 17)
Welcome to Shows & Reads! My name is Unovia, and it is great to have you here! This week, we are talking about the lovable Sudowoodo. Let’s get started.
In the anime, Sudowoodo has had many different appearances, but the most significant one was from Brock, the former Pewter City Gym Leader who was a traveling companion of Ash from the Original Series to Diamond & Pearl Series. Brock caught Sudowoodo as a Bonsly in AG156. It would evolve into Sudowoodo in DP014, where it would become a reliable and strong partner. He was the main battler for Brock during the Diamond & Pearl & the Sun & Moon animes.

Moving on to the Manga, multiple protagonists have Sudowoodo. Gold got one in the Gold, Silver, & Crystal Chapter. Emerald got one in the Emerald Chapter. A Sudowoodo also makes appearances in the Heartgold & Soulsilver Chapter, X & Y Chapter, & Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun, & Ultra Moon Chapters. That is it for this week!

Article #44-Evolution of The Turtle Pokemon
Greetings trainers! This is Travelin’ Dan! I am in Nacrene City in the Unova Region, here to attend a Conference about Turtle Pokemon. This is perfect because this week is Turtle Day. Let’s go inside.

In the Nacrene Museum, I am here to meet with Professor Lenora, former Gym Leader of Nacrene City. She is going to talk to me about Tirtouga and Carracosta, supposedly the ancestor of all turtle Pokemon.” Professor Lenora, what do you know about Tirtouga and Carracosta?”
565Carracosta_BW_anime.png

“It’s nice to see you again Dan, I love your show, and I am glad that you are having this interview with me and featuring the beautiful Nacrene Museum.To answer your question, scientists believe that Tirtouga and Carracosta are the ancestor of all turtle Pokemon, having existed millions of years ago.There main Region is believed to have been the Unova Region, though recently, and this has been of great interest, the Cover Fossils have been found in Unova, Kalos, Hoenn & Alola. Most surprisingly, there are rumors of a still intact colony in the Frigid Sea in the Galar Region that has been recently discovered, suggesting that the species has not completely disappeared. When the Tirtouga and Carracosta disappeared from most Regions of the world and became extinct, they had become the origin for 6 other turtle species lines, some rarer than others. Two of those rarer species are the Blastoise line of Kanto and Torterra line of Sinnoh.”

She contacted both Professor Oak and Professor Rowan to discuss their Regional turtles, starting with Professor Oak. “Professor Oak, what do you have to share?”

“Nice to be talking to you, Professor Lenora. The Regional turtle that I study is the Blastoise line. There are believed to be four distinct colonies around the world, with the largest one in Kanto. The other colonies are in Kalos, Alola, and most recently, Galar. Blastoise are rare, often the result of the Starter Pokemon that I distribute. Interestingly, the Blastoise of the Kalos and Galar Regions can undergo different phenomena compared to the other Regions, both of which I would like to explore. In Kalos, they can Mega Evolve, while in Galar, they can experience what is known as Dynamax and Gigantamax. Recently, there was a suspected colony in Kanto that can also Mega Evolve. There is so much research to explore yet. Professor Rowan, would you like to share what you know about your Regional Turtle?”
541px-009Blastoise_AG_anime.png

“It is nice to be here, Oak. Nice to talk to you, Professor Lenora. My Regional Turtle is Torterra, the Continent Pokemon. The Torterra are even rarer than Blastoise, with only 2 known Colonies. These are the Sinnoh Colony and the much smaller Hoenn Colony. Torterra are typically owned by trainers, and even if they are not, the Pokemon typically can be confused for moving forests and moving mountains. The ecology of a Torterra shell is a study in itself, with many smaller Pokemon calling the back of a Torterra home. The ecology of a Torterra, what draws Pokemon to them...those are curious things, and will allow us to look into them even more. Back to you, Professor.”
600px-389Torterra.png

Lenora watched them sign off, then continued. There are 4 other lines we can discuss. Joining me now are Professor Elm of Johto, Professor Birch of Hoenn, Professor Samson Oak of Alola, and Professors Magnolia and Sonia of Galar. Who wants to start? Professor Elm?”
213Shuckle_OS_anime.png

“The Regional Turtle of Johto is Shuckle. Shuckles are rare, often hiding in their shells so they are left alone, Shuckle is often used in medicines, where the juices it secretes can dissolve its food, which appear to be berries. Shuckle are shy Pokemon, often desiring to hide under rocks. Because of their hiding places, there are many different Colonies, though their favorite places are in the mountains. They can be found in Kanto (don’t know why Professor Oak didn’t mention that), Johto (their home Region), Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos. Recently, there have been several Colonies in Galar discovered.”
800px-Shuckle_shell.png

“Thank you Professor Elm. Looks like Shuckle is pretty simple, for a turtle. Let’s move on to Professor Birch. What is your Regional Turtle?”
324Torkoal_AG_anime_2.png

“Well, Professor Lenora, the Hoenn Region has its own turtle in Torkoal. In its home Region, the major Colony is near Mt. Chimney, in what we call the Fiery Path, though other smaller Colonies have been found in Johto, Sinnoh, Kalos, Alola, and most recently, Galar. The Pokemon uses a lot of coal to keep active, which if it runs out of coal, it will die, since the inside of the Pokemon is fed by a fire, like a locomotive. It is fascinating that the Pokemon can live off of minerals, like coal.”

“Samson Oak, would you like to contribute?”
575px-776Turtonator_SM_anime.png

“Yes, Professor Lenora. The Regional Turtle of Alola is Turtonator. Turtonator is unique, because it is also a Dragon Type, unlike any of the others. Turtonator can be very volatile, able to explode. It is also capable of being poisonous, spewing poisonous gasses out the nostrils. Unlike most other turtles, Turtonator does not like rain, probably because of its fire typing and explosive properties, which, unsurprisingly, would be dampened by water. There are two Colonies, the major one in Alola and the other one in Galar.”

“Fascinating! Looks like we have one more turtle, the recently discovered Chewtle and Drednaw in Galar. Please enlighten us Professor Magnolia.”

“Professor Lenora, I would rather defer to my partner, Professor Sonia. You want to take this?”
600px-834Drednaw.png

“Certainly Professor. Chewtle and Drednaw are recently discovered by trainers. These Pokemon are based on snapping turtles, and can be dangerous if approached. They have been known to be able to break rocks, iron, and steel rods in their jaws. Skilled trainers, such as my friend, Nessa, the Gym Leader of Hulbury, are required to train it. If they are not skilled, Drednaw, who were once cute, are often found released into the wild after evolving due to their change of attitude. Drednaw can also use Gigantamax as well. There are many small Colonies of Drednaw in Galar.”

As they all signed off, Professor Lenora turned to me. After she thanked me for being there with her for the Conference, she gave me a Cover Fossil, which she restored and gave me a Poke Ball. “In that Poke Ball is a Tirtouga as a gift from me to you. Thank you for participating and happy Turtle Day.” I thanked Lenora, then departed. This is Travelin’ Dan with my new Tirtouga, signing off for the week!

POTW: Gameplayers (Issue #19)
Hello, and welcome to Gameplayers! My name is Unovia, and it is nice to have you here! This week, we are discussing the “Regional Turtles”. There are seven turtles, so lets get started.

The first “Regional Turtle” we are discussing is the Blastoise line, starting with Squirtle. Squirtle was introduced as a Starter Pokemon in Red & Blue. In Yellow, however, Squirtle is given as a Gift Pokemon in Vermillion City. Squirtle was restored as a Starter Pokemon. In Heartgold & Soulsilver, Squirtle is an option from Professor Oak as a reward for beating Red. Squirtle doesn’t show up again until X & Y, where it is a Gift Pokemon option from Professor Sycamore after defeating him. In Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon, Squirtle can be caught at Seaward Cave using Island Scan. In Pikachu & Eevee, Squirtle can be found on Routes 24, 25, Seafoam Islands, & Vermillion City. In the Expansion Pass of Sword & Shield, Squirtle is an option at the Master Dojo. This Squirtle has the potential for Gigantamax. In the Cards, Squirtle has 22 Cards, Wartortle has 18 Cards, and Blastoise has 23 Cards.

The next “Regional Turtle'' debuted in the Johto games, Gold, Silver, & Crystal, Shuckle. Shuckle was available through Rock Smash on Route 40, Cianwood City, Burned Tower, & Dark Cave. It was then available in Hoenn through the Safari Zone. In Sinnoh, Shuckle was on Route 224. The remakes of Johto would see Shuckle available in Cianwood & Vermillion Cities through Rock Smash. In Unova, Shuckle was seen on Route 14 and Seaside Cave. Kalos would see Shuckle at Route 18, Terminus Cave, & Victory Road. Finally, Galar would see Shuckle at Dusty Bowl, Galar Mine No. 2, Giant’s Cap, Stony Wilderness, Watchtower Ruins, Rolling Fields, Ballimere Lake, Fields of Honor, Forest of Focus, Training Lowlands, Potbottom Desert, Workout Sea. In the Cards, Shuckle has 14 Cards.

The next “Regional Turtle”, Torkoal, debuted in the Hoenn games, Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald. In those games, Torkoal was available in Fiery Path & the Magma Hideout. In Sinnoh, it could be captured in Route 227 & Stark Mountain. Within the Johto remakes, Torkoal could be captured in the Safari Zone. Kalos saw Torkoal at Route 18. The Hoenn remakes reduced Torkoal to Fiery Path. Alola saw Torkoal at Route 12 & Blush Mountain. Galar saw it at Route 6, Motostoke Riverbank, Giant’s Cap, Giant’s Mirror, Dusty Bowl, Hammerlocke Hills, Lake of Outrage, Stony Wilderness, Warm Up Tunnel, Potbottom Desert, Fields of Honor, Loop Lagoon. In the Cards, Torkoal had 16 Cards.

The next “Regional Turtle”, Torterra, was introduced as a Turtwig in the Sinnoh games, Diamond, Pearl, & Platinum, as a Starter Pokemon. It was received at either Lake Verity or Route 201. Turtwig was last available from Professor Birch after winning the Hall of Fame twice.In the Cards, Turtwig has 11 Cards, Grotle has 6 Cards, & Torterra has 9 Cards.

The next “Regional Turtle”, the Carracosta line, begins with Tirtouga, on the Unova games, Black, White, Black 2, & White 2, revivable from the Cover Fossil at the Nacrene Museum, Ambrette Town (X & Y), Rustboro City (ORAS), & the Fossil Restoration Center (Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun, & Ultra Moon). Tirtouga and Carracosta were first available in the wild in Galar in the Frigid Sea. In the Cards, Tirtouga had 3 Cards, and Carracosta had 4.

The next “Regional Turtle” was Turtonator, first available in the Alola games, Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun, & Ultra Moon. It was available at Blush Mountain in Alola. In Galar, it was available at Lake of Outrage, Rolling Fields, Axew’s Eye, Stony Wilderness, Dusty Bowl, & Hammerlocke Hills. In the Cards, Turtonator had 6 Cards.

The final “Regional Turtle '' was the Drednaw line, first available in Sword & Shield, the most recent games. Chewtle and Drednaw could be found in many locations in Galar. In the Cards, Chewtle had 4 and Drednaw had 6. That is it for this week.

POTW:Shows & Reads (Issue 18)
Welcome to Shows & Reads! My name is Unovia, and it is great to have you here. This week is about the “Regional Turtles”. In the anime, a member of the Squirtle line is owned by Gary, Ash, May, & Tierno. Shuckle was owned by Conway in the Diamond & Pearl series. Torkoal was owned by Ash & Flannery. A member of the Torterra line was owned by Ash, Paul, and Gardenia. Tirtouga and Carracosta debuted in BW75 & BW76. Turtonator was owned by Kiawe in the Sun & Moon Series. Chewtle & Drednaw have appeared in the new series as wild Pokemon. In the Manga, Green had Blastoise & Diamond had Torterra. Join us next week!

Article #45-Mint Julep With Cream
Greetings trainers! This is Amy, once again on the road in Galar. This week, I am celebrating the Mint Julep. What is a Mint Julep? A Mint Julep is an alcoholic drink consisting of bourbon, sugar, water, ice, and mint. Fortunately for me, I don’t drink, so before I traveled out today, I made a non alcoholic version with water, sugar, mint, ice, and lemonade. The mint part is what we are celebrating, specifically. I spent the last week resting in Turffield after my journey hunting down the Galarian Birds.

Today, I am heading onto Route 4 to catch the pre evolution of Alcremie, Milcery. Milcery evolves into Alcremie while it is holding a sweet and mixed around using a spin method. It looks like a drop of milk with eyes. When I told Nurse Joy in Turffield that I was going for a Mllcery this week, she gave me a book that showed me the list of Alcremie and what they looked like. There are nine different Alcremie, all that have different “flavors”. These are known as Vanilla Cream, Ruby Cream, Matcha Cream, Mint Cream, Lemon Cream, Salted Cream, Ruby Swirl, Caramel Swirl, & Rainbow Swirl. In addition, to produce the flavors, each requires a certain amount of mixing. To get the Sweets necessary to make them happen, I heard of a Battle Cafe where I could win a set of Sweets. The Battle Cafe was only open to people who got a minimum of the Water Badge from Nessa.

Before I get to that, however, I have to catch a Milcery. Eventually, I found the milk puddle. Throwing a single Pokeball, it gets captured quickly, adding another member to my team right on the edge of Hulbury. Crossing into the city, I immediately made a pilgrimage to the Pokemon Center, where I recorded the stats of my newest capture.

Milcery.png

StatsMilcery
HP45
Attack40
Defense40
Special Attack50
Special Defense61
Speed34

Afterward, I headed to the Gym, where I met with Nessa, the Gym Leader, who promised to tell me about the Battle Cafe if I defeated her in a Gym Battle. Having no other choice, I took her on.

Nessa (Gym Leader)Amy (Challenger)
GoldeenAromatisse
ArrokudaEiscue
DrednawLapras
Empoleon
Milcery (Does not battle)

Aromatisse scored wins against her Goldeen and Arrokuda before falling to her Drednaw, who also took out Eiscue. Lapras however, finishes Drednaw while fainting themself. With the win, Nessa gives me the Water Badge and then meets with me about how to help my Milcery, suggesting that I head to Motostoke, the largest city in the Region, to see what information they can provide for me. The fastest way to Motostoke is through Galar Mine No. 2, which leads to the Motostoke Outskirts.With a final handshake, she and I split.

I head out of Hulbury and carefully travel through the deserted Galar Mine No. 2, ending the day at Motostoke Outskirts. As the next morning dawned, I packed up then headed out into the Motostoke Outskirts, passing quickly through there into Motostoke. Crossing through Motostoke, I found the Budew Drop Inn, where I deposited my bag in my reserved room. Leaving the Inn after asking where I could get Sweets for my Milcery, they directed me to the Battle Cafe to the western side of town while also encouraging me to battle Kabu, the Gym Leader, while I am in the area. I memorized my plan. I would battle Kabu at the Motostoke Gym, and ask him where to get the Sweets for my Milcery. I got onto the city train and it deposited me at the Motostoke Gym. Taking a deep breath to steady my nerves, I entered the Motostoke Stadium Tournament to get the right to battle Kabu. Once I won the necessary points to win the tournament, an older man came out to battle me. That must be Kabu. We exchange pleasantries, then the battle begins.

Kabu (Gym Leader)Amy (Challenger)
NinetalesEmpoleon
ArcanineLapras
CentiskorchEiscue
Aromatisse

My Empoleon battles his Ninetales, with Empoleon blocking Ninetales attacks. Eventually, Empoleon takes it down. Arcanine fights Empoleon, taken out as well. Centiskorch finishes Empoleon, then faces down Lapras, who crushes it, winning me the Fire Badge. Impressed with my skill, Kabu sits and has lunch with me, then gives me instructions to the Battle Cafe and travels with me there to make sure I get there safely. He gets me settled there, then departs.

While I settle in at the Battle Cafe, I am introduced to Dwight, the owner and operator of the Motostoke Battle Cafe, who wanted to see the badges I had so far. When I showed him the Plant, Water, & Fire Badges, he asked me why I was there. I told him I was here to get a Box of Sweets for my Milcery so it can evolve into Alcremie. He understood my quest, then promised me that, should I beat him in battle, while he could not give me a whole box of sweets, he could let me choose what sweet to give my Milcery. With that promise, I took him on!

Battle Cafe Master DwightAmy (Challenger)
VespiquenEmpoleon
SlurpuffLapras
AlcremieAromatisse
Eiscue

The two of us battle, with Empoleon easily defeating Vespiquen, Slurpuff, & Alcremie. With my easy win, Dwight brings out the Box of Sweets, letting me look at them. I bring out Milcery, holding it so it can see as well. When it sees the Clover Sweet, it gets excited, and, remembering what I was there to do, I choose the Clover Sweet, giving it to Milcery. Dwight tells me how to get Milcery to Alcremie. Noting the time, I spun counterclockwise for more than 5 seconds, creating the Mint Cream Alcremie. Looking at my beautiful new Alcremie, I recorded its stats.

869Alcremie-Mint_Cream-Clover.png

StatsAlcremie
HP65
Attack60
Defense75
Special Attack110
Special Defense121
Speed64

I danced with the new Alcremie, then returned it to the ball. I am so happy with it! There we go! With my new Alcremie, I am done for the week. This is Amy and my new Alcremie, signing off!

POTW: Gameplayers (Issue #20)
Greetings trainers! Welcome to Gameplayers! My name is Unovia, and it is nice to have you here! This week, we are covering Milcery & Alcremie. This episode is going to be short and sweet, mainly because both Pokemon were first introduced in Sword & Shield. Milcery is catchable on Route 4, Bridge Field, Giant’s Mirror, & Lake of Outrage, while Alcremie is catchable on Bridge Field & Lake of Outrage.

In the Cards, Milcery has 2 Cards since being introduced in the Rebel Clash Expansion, while Alcremie has 4. That does it for this week! Told you it would be short & sweet!

Article #46-In The Garden With Roserade
Greetings trainers! It’s Amy traveling around this week! This week, we are back in Sinnoh to celebrate Exercise In Your Garden Day. It is so nice to be back in Sinnoh after all of these extended trips to other Regions!

After flying into Jubilife City, I passed through Route 204 and into Floaroma Town. This beautiful Town is said to be protected by a Shaymin. I have been here before, and I love the flower beds and fields in the town. To the east is Route 205, where Budew, my subject this week, resides in a rather large quantity. I left the majority of my team in my box, taking my Aromatisse, Alcremie, Lapras, & Empoleon with me on this quest. Setting my Aromatisse in the field, I let it fire off its aromatic scents to attract a Budew. The wait was not too long, and eventually, a whole arrangement of them surrounded it. When I got up to meet the Budew, all of them ran, except one. Preparing a simple Pokeball for its capture, I rolled it forward and the Budew captured itself. Picking up the ball, I scanned it, recording the stats.
369px-406Budew_DP_anime.png

StatsBudew
HP40
Attack30
Defense35
Special Attack50
Special Defense70
Speed55

Apparently, Budew evolves into Roselia through high friendship during the day. I know the best way to build friendship is through the Soothe Bell. I also see that in order to get a Roselia to a Roserade you have to have a Shiny Stone. I don’t know where to get either of those items, but I know that Pokemon with Pickup can sometimes be helpful here. There are two Pokemon with Pickup in Sinnoh. These are the cute Pachirisu or the very hard to attract Munchlax.

Deciding to take the Pachirisu route, I determine that the Valley Windworks is nearby, since I am starting to see some windmills in the area. Bringing out Budew to get some training, I eventually weaken and put Pachirisu to sleep, allowing me to capture it. I then recorded the stats of the squirrel like Pokemon:

600px-417Pachirisu.png

StatsPachirisu
HP60
Attack45
Defense70
Special Attack45
Special Defense90
Speed95
Cheryl_anime.png

Finding myself on the edge of Eterna Forest, I met a woman named Cheryl, who wished to travel with me. We went through the forest, getting to know each other better. She is an ametaur treasure hunter. Eventually, we got to the end of the forest, and Cheryl gave me a Soothe Bell, which I created a collar and wrapped it around my Budew. The combined travel time and the Soothe Bell evolve my Budew to Roselia. At that point, I updated the stats of my new evolution.

669px-315Roselia_AG_anime.png

StatsRoselia
HP50
Attack60
Defense45
Special Attack100
Special Defense80
Speed65

Wishing each other well, Cheryl turned and departed as I continued into Eterna City. While resting at the Pokemon Center, I inquired with Nurse Joy where I could get a Shiny Stone to eventually evolve my Roselia. While she had no idea, she did point me toward Gardenia, the Eterna City Gym Leader, who may know where to get one. With clear direction, I traveled to the Gym, deciding to take on the Gym. Gardenia, a very cheerful woman, met me there, and after some conversation, she told me that, should I beat her in a battle for the Badge, she would tell me where she got the Shiny Stone to evolve her Roselia. With no other option, I took her on!

Gardenia (Gym Leader)Amy (Challenger)
TurtwigAromatisse
CherrimAlcremie
RoseradeEmpoleon

Aromatisse beat Turtwig, but not before Turtwig set up the Sunny Day, powering up any fire type moves the other Pokemon might have. Cherrim came out and transformed to its Sunshine Form. While in Sunshine Form, Cherrim bested Aromatisse, though Alcremie finished it off. Roserade was her last Pokemon, and a tough one at that. A few Sludge Bombs and Alcremie had fainted. Empoleon, a Water and Steel Type, managed to edge out Roserade, despite a Sun boosted Weather Ball causing heavy damage. Defeated, Gardenia gave me the Forest Badge, then told me that Shiny Stones were often found by explorers on Route 210, near Celestic Town. She told me that, on one of her adventures outside of town, she had managed to buy a Shiny Stone from a Treasure Hunter in the town. With my next course of action plotted, I departed from Eterna.

Pushing east along Route 211, I arrived in Celestic Town, the oldest town in Sinnoh, where a man in a simple cart calling himself a treasure hunter was selling his wares in the town square. Interestingly, he had a Shiny Stone that he was willing to sell me for $3,000! I thought about it, then after he stated that I could either buy it from him or go out into the wild and find one myself, I game him the money, slightly terrified at the prospect of never being able to find one. I gave it to my Pachirisu for safe keeping, then departed from the man, settling into the Pokemon Center to determine what I wanted to do.

Taking it from my Pachirisu, who to my horror was trying to crack the stone with its teeth, I placed it on a table and sent my Rosealia out to look at it, unsure what to do. My Pachirisu ran around the room, looking for the thing it was chewing on. In a tantrum, it knocked the stone down and my Roselia caught it, evolving to Roserade. Not exactly how I wanted to do so, but it is now evolved. I decided now was the time to record the stats, but not before I returned the naughty Pachirisu to the Poke Ball.

336px-407Roserade_DP_anime.png

StatsRoserade
HP60
Attack70
Defense65
Special Attack125
Special Defense105
Speed90

I am just so happy I have my new Roserade, and with my new captures, I am going back to the Sinnoh Villa, since I am off next week. This is Amy, with my new Roserade and my naughty Pachirisu, signing off!

POTW: Gameplayers (Issue #21)
Welcome to Gameplayers! My name is Unovia, and it is nice to have you here! This week, we are discussing the Roserade evolution family. Because of the fact that Roselia was introduced first before the pre evolution of Budew or the secondary evolution of Roserade, we will begin with Roselia.

Roselia was introduced in Generation 3 Hoenn, catchable in Route 117. In Generation 4 Sinnoh, Roselia was given a pre evolution in Budew and a second evolution of Roserade. Roselia was available at Routes 208, 209, 210, 212, 221, 224, 225, 229, 230, the Trophy Garden, & The Great Marsh. In the Johto Remakes, Roselia was available in the Safari Zone. In Unova, Roselia is catchable on Route 12, Lostlorn Forest, & the Victory Road. In Kalos, Roselia is catchable on Route 7. In Generation 6 Hoenn, it is restored to Route 117. Alola sees Roselia at Ula’ula Meadow. In Galar, Roselia is catchable in a variety of locations.

Budew was first introduced in Diamond, Pearl, & Platinum, as the pre-evolved, or Baby, form of Roselia. In its home Region, Budew is caught on Routes 204, 205, 208, 212, Eterna Forest, & The Great Marsh. In the Johto Remakes, Budew is catchable in the Safari Zone, Ilex Forest & Viridian Forest through the Sinnoh Sound. In Unova, it is catchable in White Forest. In Kalos, it is catchable on Route 4. Finally, in Galar, it is catchable in several locations.

Roserade was first introduced in Diamond, Pearl, & Platinum as the secondary evolution of Budew, though it was first catchable in Unova on Route 12, Lostlorn Forest, & Victory Road. Finally in Galar, it was catchable at Hammerlocke Hills & Dappled Grove.

Moving to the cards, Budew has had 2 Cards, Roselia has had 13 Cards, and Roserade has had 12 Cards. That is it for this week!

POTW: Shows & Reads (Issue #19)
Welcome to Shows & Reads! My name is Unovia, and it is nice to have you here. This week, we are discussing Budew, Roselia, & Roserade. In the Anime, all three were major Pokemon for the Sinnoh character Nando. Nando was introduced with Budew, first appearing in DP004, the same episode it evolved into Roselia. Roselia evolved to Roserade, prior to DP176, prior to the Sinnoh Grand Festival. Another Roserade was in the team of Gardenia, appearing on DP037. There were also 2 other Roserades. One of which was with the Hoenn character Drew, and the other was with another Sinnoh character Barry. In the Manga, Roselia was seen with Wally, and Roserade was seen with Gardenia, same as the anime and games. That is it for this week!

Article #47-Learning How To Sew With Leavanny
Greetings trainers! This is Amy, here in Unova to celebrate Sewing Day. I don’t know the first thing about sewing, but Dan asked me to go to Unova this week. I saw his Tirtouga when he came back to the Villa in Sinnoh. I fell in love with the little turtle, so when I was asked to go to Unova, I jumped at the chance. Flying into Castelia City, I was stunned at the expansive size of the city. This is no surprise, given that this is the largest city geographically in the Region.

Stopping in the Pokemon Center to get my bearings from the sprawling city, I asked Nurse Joy the easiest way to find and catch a Sewaddle, the Pokemon family for the week. She showed me a map of the city, pointing toward a gate to the east. “This is the gate to Skyarrow Bridge, the main transportation out of town. The best thing to do is to hop on your bike and ride across it, since the bridge is a long one. On the other side, there was Pinwheel Forest, home to many Bug Types, including Sewaddle There were also warnings about a man in a green cloak that is seen from time to time in the Forest.” Bidding me adieu, I left several of my Pokemon on the PC, taking my Aromatisse, Alcremie, and Roserade, while also taking a moment to buy some Net Balls so I could catch Sewaddle easier.. I rushed out of the city on Skyarrow Bridge.

The views from Skyarrow Bridge are amazing! I decided to take a relaxed bike ride, since the ride was indeed a long one, and even at my relaxed pace, I was exhausted. Luckily, there was a gate that I could rest in for a little bit, filling my backpack with a few bottles of water. When I felt ready, I set out into the forest. It is a lot more expansive than I thought it would be! Luckily, there is a man made road through the Forest, cutting the possibility of getting lost. Sending out my Aromatisse, I had it fire off Sweet Scent in an attempt to attract Pokemon to me. As we walked, we saw a Sewaddle sitting on the trunk of a tree, climbing up slowly.
320px-Pinwheel_Forest_Spring_B2W2.png

I was about to act, when suddenly a man dropped between me and my potential capture. This was the man in a green cloak the posters were warning about. Who could this be? He looked up at me, ready for battle. With no words, I took him on!
800px-Burgh_anime.png

Mystery ManAmy
DwebbleAromatisse
ShelmetAlcremie
KarrablastRoserade
Leavanny

Aromatisse took on Dwebble, using Moon Blast, which was stronger because of the darkness of the forest, making Dwebble faint. Next came his Shelmet, and Aromatisse took an Acid attack, doing major damage. Shelmet struggled against the next Psychic attack, but another Acid attack took out Aromatisse. I sent out Alcremie, who finished Shelmet and his Karrablast, but fell to his Levanny. Now down to a one vs. one fight, I brought out my Roserade, who used Sludge Bomb, taking out Leavanny, making me the winner. The mysterious man revealed himself to be Burgh, leader of the Castelia City Gym and habitual wanderer in the forest. Turns out he was there to wander, trying to rid himself of the artist's block. Exhausted from the battle, he collapsed against the tree, declaring me the winner. When I walked over to check on him, he placed something in my hand. It was a Gym Badge! He felt that, after that battle, I deserved it. Remembering what I had come here for, I completed my capture of Sewaddle, then recorded the stats of the creature, which, for a Bug Type, was cute.
540Sewaddle_BW_anime.png

StatsSewaddle
HP45
Attack53
Defense70
Special Attack40
Special Defense60
Speed42

Burgh invited me to have dinner with him at his nearby camp, and I accepted after realizing how hungry I was. He sent out his Leavanny, who decided to make “clothes” for the little creature, which Sewaddle was grateful for. I got to know my newest capture while we camped. He and I left the forest, arriving at Nacrene City. Burgh led me to his personal studio, where he also housed Swadloon, who would sew clothes using string under the tutelage of Leavanny. I was granted the ability to record the stats of both Swadloon and Leavanny, hoping that one day my Sewaddle would learn the skills required.
541Swadloon_BW_anime.png
542Leavanny_BW_anime.png

StatsSwadloonLeavanny
HP5575
Attack63103
Defense9080
Special Attack5070
Special Defense8070
Speed4292

Burgh asked me what I planned to do with Sewaddle, to which I replied that Sewaddle would find a home in the garden that I had at the Villa, and when it became a Swadloon, it would help to sew and mend, becoming a nurturer for my other Pokemon once it evolved all the way. Burgh smiled, then realized he had gotten over his block. In gratitude, he allowed me to stay with him as long as I wanted. I took him up on the offer. This is Amy, Burgh, and my new Sewaddle, signing off for the week!

POTW: Gameplayers (Issue #22)
Welcome to Gameplayers! My name is Unovia, and it is great to have you here! This week, we are discussing the Sewaddle evolution family, which was introduced in Unova. Let’s get started.

Sewaddle was catchable first in Unova, findable on Route 12 & Route 20, as well as the interior of Pinwheel Forest. They show up again in Generation VI Hoenn, where it is catchable on Routes 101 and Routes 104 after the events with the Legendary Pokemon. Swadloon is catchable in Unova on Route 6, the interior of Pinwheel Forest, and the Lostlorn Forest. Leavanny is catchable on Routes 6 & 12, & the Lostlorn Forest. The only place outside of the home Region where Leavanny can be found is in Poni Meadow in Alola through Island Scan.

Moving to the Cards, Sewaddle has had 9 Cards, Swadloon & Leavanny have both had 7 Cards since all three were introduced in the Emerging Powers Expansion. That’s it for this week!

POTW: Shows & Reads (Issue #20)
Welcome to Shows & Reads! My name is Unovia, and it is great to have you here! This week, we are discussing the Sewaddle evolution family. Let’s get started. Sewaddle had its major debut as part of Ash’s Team. He caught it during an adventure through Pinwheel Forest in BW018. It evolved into a Swadloon in BW023, during Ash’s Gym Battle against Burgh, then into a Leavanny in BW074 during a training battle. Burgh also showed his Leavanny during the aforementioned Gym Battle, and the Pokemon Filmmaker Luke also had a Leavanny who would make clothes for the films Luke would produce. In the Manga, Burgh also has a Leavanny, which fills the same role as it does in other media, the star of Burgh’s team. That’s it for this week!

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom