• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

WORLDBUILDING: Pokemon Olympus/Grejoca Region: Help Needed

Well, you use Mount Othrys for the Oracle Group hidout - Like N's Castle.

The Labyrinth could be like Twist Mountain?

Need any help with the Gyms/Oracles?

Last edited:
@dinoking0000 I mostly need ideas for who the Shrine (gym) leaders could be. Tsutarja had some good ideas on the previous page. A Labyrinth would be a cool idea, as would a hideout. I was thinking of making the hideout very secretive

@dinoking0000: I do like @Tsutarja ideas for gym types, but I'd rather stick with just one and change the names a bit. The Shrine Names could be the name of the corresponding Pokemon based on the God.

Elite Four:
- Water (Posideon)
- Flying (Zeus)
- Normal (Hera)
- Grass (Demeter)

Gyms:
- Dark (Hades)
- Steel (Hephaetus)
- Fire (Hestia) Goddess of the Hearth
(Artemis)
- Psychic (Apollo) God of Prophecies
- Fighting (Ares) God of War
(Athena)
(Aphrodite)

I quite like that idea. Maybe Ill do a bit of a twist, as I have the Oracle idea, and make a technological company the front for the villianous activities. I always wondered why Team Galactic can so easily have their building in the middle of Veilstone and not get found out. I think a front could work well for this.

@AceTrainer14, here is a example for a Gym Leader/Oracle. Tell me what you think? Hope it works for you.

A long, flowing, white dress embroider with gold and lavender covered her body. Around her waist a golden, girdle pulled the dress in. She was beautiful, worthy of Paris's golden apple. Dark, golden hair framed her delicate features. Features that toke your breath away. High cheek bones and rosy, red lips. Her eyes were as blue as the Mediterranean. Her complexion pale and elegant.*

She moved with a confident swagger, worthy of any catwalk. Everywhere she went, eyes would follow. A beauty never before seen. Aphrodite.

That is a really amazing description :D Just remember, this is based on Greece, but it isn't a direct reference, so the Paris bit wouldn't work. But it is a really amazing description! Funny how she is described as quite elegant when Aphrodite is a bit of a slapper in Greek art :p If only I have a type to match her with

Glad you liked it. Will I do the same with the others? Any of your ideas I'll glady incorporate. As you probally can see I'm a bit of a Greek freak/nerd!

Athena, Aphrodite and Artemis just need types to work with at the moment :p Maybe Ill give Athena flying (owls and that) and Zeus can have Electric.

SHouldn't the Hephaestus shrine be Fire? Hephaestus is the god of fire after all.

Hippocampus(singular) Pokemon Name Idea:

Hineropus (Hippocampus+Nero(Greek for water))

I know, but I wanted Hestia to have a shrine as well. Fire was the only thing that really suited her. Hephaestus is at least the God of Metal work and forgery as well. And I love that name for Hippocampus, I think I'll use it :D Thanks a lot!

We have the following types: Poison, Ground, Rock, Bug, Ghost, Ice, Dragon
We have Artemis and Aphrodite left to get a type.

I think Aphrodite could be Poison, referencing how love can be kind of toxic at times. Artemis.... I could have a ground type that is a sort of deer?

Sorry I have'nt posted here in a while! How are you getting on? IAre there any aspects I could help you with?

I need to give Aphrodite and Artemis their repesective gym types. And its fine if you werent here, Ive slowed down planning a bit on this

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom