• Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • Hey everyone, if you hadn't heard, information about Sword and Shield has been leaking. Outside of the designated threads in our Current Events section, please keep all unrevealed Pokemon, names, or any other information in spoiler tags. This policy will be in effect until January 3rd. This is an exciting time for Pokémon fans, enjoy yourselves!
  • Recently, some of our fellow Pokémon fan sites have received legal requests to take down leaked Sword and Shield images. We have not received one of these requests yet, but we are taking some preemptive measures to stay on the safe side. We ask that from now until the games release (November 15th) that you do not post any new leaked images anywhere on the forums.

For more information, see this thread

Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire announced: Will be released November 2014

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire announced: Will be released November 2014

Two new titles, called Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire have been announced. They will be released in November of 2014.

Read more on Bulbanews

Whats my age again?
Reaction score
Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire announced: Will be released November 2

This was very pleasant news to wake up to. :)

Reaction score
Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire announced: Will be released November 2

Loving the box art for Groudon & Kyorge.

Dragon breeder
Reaction score

Finally omg, I'm still shaking slightly lol! So happy hermagerd. <3

Lovely
Reaction score

HOLY S*** IS THIS REAL

Gather round, people, I'll tell you a story
Reaction score

Was wondering when BN would have something up :) Great news!

Reaction score

Now watch as all the people declaring we wouldn't get RSemakes or we wouldnt get any games until 2015 scarper off never to be seen or heard from again

chocolate chip kookie
Reaction score

Real excited for this. My first experience with Pokemon aside from the anime was Gen III. I can't wait. :)

Reaction score

I SWEAR IF THEY ARE GOING TO PUT MORE OF THOSE STINKING MEGA EVOLUTIONS!
I WILL NOT BUY ANY OF THEM!!
SERIOUSLY! GAMEFREAK ARE NOW RUINING MY CHILDHOOD LIFE!
WE ALREADY HAVE ENOUGH CRAPPY-LOOKING MEGAS!

Lovely
Reaction score

I found out about this, like, 2 in the morning and I CANNOT SLEEP

Reaction score

Finally! I can't believe the originals came out in 2003, now THAT is some perspective. I pray that sableye will get an evolution, mega or otherwise.

Reaction score

Now watch as all the people declaring we wouldn't get RSemakes or we wouldnt get any games until 2015 scarper off never to be seen or heard from again
Oh you'll still hear from me, particularly how i think these remakes are particularly stupid and unnecessary, and are only being made to please the whiny fanboys who can't let the remake bandwagon die.

Reaction score

Yay! Pokemon R&S where my first Pokemon Games (on the handhelds. My first was acctually XD: Gale of Darkness, whitch I see as core series, but most people and Bulbapedia disagree with me xD). I actually used to play my cousin's Sapphire and I loved It so I got my own Sapphire Version and I've loved Pokemon ever since! Since it's a remake of Gen 3 make there will be mention of Oree or the Oree Games or the characters...or maybe even shadow pokemon! THAT WOULD BE AWESOME....anyways I'm still at school so I really want jump and shout happily but I can't since people will think I'm crazy! Also, I love the way they drew Kyogre! I can't wait to play this! I'll probably take Pokemon from off my Sapphire and start fresh (Again. I do it all the time with my older games since they don't have muh of an after game after the Natinal Dex is done and the battery ran out. So I'll just document my game and start fresh one more time before the remakes! Since I really don;t like restarting that much unless I transfer all my PKMN!)

Nah, not possible.
Reaction score

I was at school when another student found this on Pokemon's Facebook page. We both started yelling "Yes! YESSSS!" over and over again. Highlight of an otherwise lame day. Nothing like sharing one of those moments with a fellow fan. :D

Reaction score

I am beyond words! FINALLY IT HAS HAPPENED!

I will preorder both of them as soon as I can!

Reaction score

Are we sure these are straight remakes? The wording used (new adventure and new world) makes me think that these games will be set in Hoenn, but with a new story. One way or another I'm super excited! Gen III was my first gen.

I'm probably too happy.
Reaction score

Oh my god YES! I just read this and I'm so excited!!! Finally, a Gen III remake!!! :DD

Reaction score

Are we sure these are straight remakes? The wording used (new adventure and new world) makes me think that these games will be set in Hoenn, but with a new story. One way or another I'm super excited! Gen III was my first gen.
I hope so. I am absolutely sick of remakes, but a sequel in a similar vein to B2W2 i could get behind.

Former Staff Artist
Reaction score

OH MY GOD. IT'S HAPPENING?!

A heart made fullmetal.
Reaction score

That's my thought on it. I don't think these are remakes.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire are a fresh take on Pokémon Ruby and Pokémon Sapphire, which launched in 2003 and were fan-favourite hits on the Game Boy Advance system. The new titles promise to take players through a dramatic story within a spectacular new world.
This right there leads me to believe that these aren't simple remakes. Either way, this is pretty cool news.

Edit: Also, in the article on the site, it says it's unknown if these will be a world wide release. The English trailer confirms it will be a world wide release.

Last edited: