• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire announced: Will be released November 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire announced: Will be released November 2

image_arts004.jpg The trumpets have returned.

Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire announced: Will be released November 2

This information pleases the Schiffy. It pleases him very much.

Now I just sit here and hope that they'll resurrect the Emerald Frontier facilities.

Does anyone else think that the games should have been called "Magma Ruby and Aqua Sapphire" after the evil organizations from the original games?

I had dental surgery today. This has just cheered me up so much.

Well, well, well...

I wonder what took so long though :confused:

FR/LG and HG/SS were released close to the 10th anniversary marks for their originals. Kind of an odd time to make these. Though that's just me.

Now watch as all the people declaring we wouldn't get RSemakes or we wouldnt get any games until 2015 scarper off never to be seen or heard from again

Oh you'll still hear from me, particularly how i think these remakes are particularly stupid and unnecessary, and are only being made to please the whiny fanboys who can't let the remake bandwagon die.

Unnecessary? Maybe. Stupid? personal opinion. While gen 3 wasnt my favorite generation, some of the pokemon, music, and characters were. I am far from a fanboy in the sense that im not dieing with excitement, however i can definitely say with my liking of x/y, i am looking forward to seeing the changes and playing a childhood game once again. as for being made to please the fanboys, that is not entirely true. GF has been remaking pokemon games once every gen starting with the AGB. I quite frankly wont be surprised if we see a gen 4 remake on the next console. I actually think its a cool thing to do myself, as even though its the same game in general, there is typically many many different changes, some good, some bad maany of the features introduced in a remake are improved on and recycled later to improve non remakes. I still have to point this out though: whats the difference between remaking a game, and remaking your favorite food dish, both with intentions of adding something new and making something better? everyone has their game of dischoice just like their game of choice. For example, many people loved zelda wind walker. I hated it with a passion. mario kart ds? eww. will i bash on a remake of either? no. simply because i dont like it doesnt mean someone else doesnt deserve it, and quite frankly, your a true jerk if you think your dislike for a game means that you have the right to diss anyone who likes it. simple fact of life: your opinion doesnt mean crap in comparison to hundreds of other people who are also paying consumers. I have more distaste for the anti fans than the fanboys of any console, game, or subject, simply because they tend to be the ones judging others the most. If you dont like the game, dont buy it. simple isnt it?
on another note, the fanboys need to pipe down just a bit. if you looked at the remake chain, it was blatently iminent anyhow. you gen 4 fans like me simply need to be patient and calmly note to gamefreak that we would like a remake next console generation if not sooner. pressuring a company is not going to speed up or truly influence their decisions. the anti r/s/e gamers could all never buy another pokemon game again. that is their problem, simply because for ever one person leaving the scene, another one is joining. us fans/anti fans forget one key part of the cycle of gaming, especially regarding remakes: there is a new generation being introduced every year. they may never play the games we did if it wernt for remakes. the point of a remake is to introduce a classic to a new generation, and to treat the old school with nostalgia. so to every anti gen 3er (and any other gen for that matter) give it a friggen rest, because your making a mules backside of yourself, as well as displaying ignorance that shouldnt exist.

Does anyone else think that the games should have been called "Magma Ruby and Aqua Sapphire" after the evil organizations from the original games?

One of my friends pointed out that Omega sounds like Magma and Alpha sounds like Aqua.

As you can see by my "Hoenn confirmed!" icon, I'm really excited for this!

It's about time this happened. Seriously! We get a (in retrospect, completely unneccessary) fifth generation, then a SIXTH generation, and now, finally, these remakes have been announced!

For a while I refused to have anything to do with Generation 6 until Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire remakes were announced. For example, I left this forum around August 2013 and didn't return until now. I'm looking forward to November. I wonder if the games will come out before or after my birthday?

I CANNOT wait for these to come out! Pokemon Ruby is still to this day my favorite Pokemon game. I loved the Pokemon introduced in Generation 3, Hoenn is my favorite region, and I really liked the soundtrack. I'm anticipating any tracks getting leaked in advance! I also look forward to seeing the character art get released; the visual style changed the most between Generation 3 and 4, so I'm looking forward to seeing the characters drawn in the new style. I'm also excited for the return of Secret Bases. Those were so much fun; I was sad when that feature got downgraded in Generation 4 and completely eliminated in Generation 5. I also hope they bring back the Pokemon Contests; I thought Generation 3 was the only generation to do this really well; it literally was like a different type of battling rather than feeling like a mini-game, like the contests in Generation 4.

The only bad news is the names "Omega Ruby" and "Alpha Sapphire". I really hope those are only beta names. Regardless, it's like receiving a birthday cake, but the cake sloshed around in the box. Even though some of the frosting is smeared against the top and sides of the box and the "Happy Birthday" isn't readable any more, the cake still tastes just as delicious.

Now watch as all the people declaring we wouldn't get RSemakes or we wouldnt get any games until 2015 scarper off never to be seen or heard from again

Oh you'll still hear from me, particularly how i think these remakes are particularly stupid and unnecessary, and are only being made to please the whiny fanboys who can't let the remake bandwagon die.

Did you ever stop to think that remakes aren't necessarily for older fans; that they might be for younger fans who never got to play the originals?

Back on topic, I literally almost cried when I heard about this! Can you imagine the sandstorms and underwater in 3D? All the lovely cities and secret bases? The characters? The trick house? omg I just hjdfgsdaslsdflfsdljn

Oh, if only November wasn't so far off...

The new area is already hinted at in X and Y (which by now I don't think needs explaining).

The hotel backpacker - which is who I think you're talking about - isn't from Hoenn though. He even says this if you talk to him enough, and he gives you a statue of a moai Legendary Pokemon that isn't in Gen 6.

I'm theorizing that the remakes will have an additional region like FRLG had, and that region will be the one that guy is from.

Last edited:

I'm theorizing that the remakes will have an additional region like FRLG had, and that region will be the one that guy is from.
The unknown region is confirmed to have its own league, so I don't see it being treated as a post-game area in remakes. Game Freak would make much more profit by keeping said region for another game which would actually focus on it.

Aa, this is great news! I'm super excited!

Robo-Floatzel; said:
though I am curious to see how long it will be before people start saying "Sinnoh confirmed" once these games come out.

They already have.

Sinnoh Confirmed!

Robo-Floatzel; said:
though I am curious to see how long it will be before people start saying "Sinnoh confirmed" once these games come out.

They already have.

See, this is precisely why i didn't want anymore remakes >.>

this is where i agree to a point.
as long as Game Freak sticks to a noce per console generation basis like they have been with the main target being the newer generation kids who wont likely experience the original, then i say go for it. but if they start overdoing the remakes like they did main series games last console generation, then yea, it will need to stop. As for fanboys and girls, i dont think they have caught on to the once per console generation like a few of us abservant people have.

due to this, i will point it out again and if anyone replying to this thread starts spitting nonsense, then they obviously are ignorant fanbyos/girls who cannot read a forum before replying.

gameboy introduced red, blue, and yellow (us) and green (jpn)
gameboy color introduced g/s/c
gameboy advance introduced r/s/e and a remake of the gameboy titles for the new generation of kids who never had nor would own a gameboy, and for compatibility reasons/nostalgia for the previous generation
ds introduced d/p/plt, and oddly b/w and their second versions that alone was odd and looked to be due to the shelf life of the ds more than simply profit (exception being black/white 2). they also remade g/s/c for the same reason they remade r/b/g/y - compatibility and for the new generation
3ds has so far introduced x/y and once again r/s/e for yet the same reason: the target is a new generation of players. while x/y features a lot of hoenn pokemon, not everyone is going to buy bank, not everyone owns the ds games, and the ability to get all the r/s/e pokemon is not possible outside of the previous games. while not mandatory, it isnt unnecessary either, just like with the other games.
another thing to note, is remakes tend to follow a 10 year release date record. this would point to the likelihood that a d/p/plt remake is definitely imminent in the future when their release dates reach around 10 years ago.

yet another factor to concider: the shelf life for the newer consoles is getting longer and longer. the quality of the handhelds is going up, and the potential for better and better games is increasing. just like with the xbox/playstation, when the quality potential and shelf life increases, more and more games are made for a single console with definite improvements.

an example of this is the evolution of the ds games. from d/p to plt, to hg/ss, etc., quality of the game itself aside, the graphics, music, and features got better and better as game freak learned how to stress the console to its fullest potential. this was also a factor in other devices like i mentioned earlier, example psp games started out decent with around ps1 quality gameplay, graphics, and music, and by the end of its life, some were almost ps2 quality if not appearing to be better, simply because developers understood the hardware. the reason pc games always tend to have an edge over console games in quality is due to how common the pc is, and how well people understand how to develope for it. and just noting once again, by quality, i dont mean the actual games themselves, i am refering to graphics, audio, etc.

so fanboys take a chill pill. remakes are definintly a possibility, but unlikely to be release anytime soon. haters can go elsewhere because they wont stop remaking the games, because you are not the target, the new players who think the gameboy is a name for a gamer, is.

there is nothing wrong with remakes either. no one ever complained this badly when mario 64 ds was released. same goes for other games that have been remade over the years.

Ehh.....

I can see a lot of excitement coming from people for which Hoenn was their first game, I can understand that because I remember how excited I was for HGSS. (gen 1 was my first but I played a TONNE of gold as a kid). I can't share in this excitement for this though, I never played it when it came out and when I did get around to it I didn't actually finish. I just couldn't get into as much as the other games. It's hard to put my finger on what makes a region good/bad, but I don't think I enjoyed Hoenn as much because of all the back and forth you have to do, the water routes and the pokemon (hoenn has my favourite set of legendaries but my least favourite set of 'normal' pokemon). I remember being stuck at some point near the start because I couldn't catch a HM slave I needed without evolving one of my pokemon, little things like I think is the reason a lot of people say that Hoenn is the worst region.

Before I get murdered, good things about Hoenn: (like I said) the legendaries, the music and the battle frontier.

FRLG made sense, the the game mechanics had been rebooted cutting of connectivity so a ton of kanto pokemon were missing from RSE.

HGSS was hinted at from the out set of DP (there's news story at the beginning about the Red Gyarados), confirming that the games took place at the same time. There were tonnes of hints dotted about the games, does anyone here remember the GSDS page on bulbapedia? The Johto starters/legendaries were very difficult to get before this release if you didn't have the Gamecube games, heck Ho-oh and Lugia weren't required for national dex completion until they were. Celebi was the hardest mythical pokemon to obtain

ORAS just seems like they're remaking it for the sake of remaking it. There's been no hints, all the hints so far have been to a completely new region entirely. The only real thing people had to speculate on was the fact they had remade R/B and G/S in the past. I'm thinking at this point that the region the Backpackers and Odd Souvenier is from is gonna be to Hoenn what the Seviis were to Kanto. Also the name? FRLG and HGSS have a nice ring to it, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire? It just sounds awkward

As much as I'd like to see a remake of FRLG now, I think remakes of remakes is going to far. Can you imagine what the situation would be in generations to come if they did? 'Coming soon: Pokemon HotBlazingFireRed and ForestTreeLeafGreen, GlowingOmegaRuby and SparklingAlphaSapphire, MoonX and CrimsonY, and the actual games for this generation'

Shame I don't have the money GameFreak demands

Am I the only one who thinks a good Wii U companion game would be a XD style remake of Yellow?

Time to PULL OUT THE CHICKEN!! We're GUNNA MAKE TOAST!!!I saw this,my friends saw this...We all smiled but ill have to say that ill laugh my a** off if I can beat this game with the gen 3 started and Double Kick like last time on RS. Praticly beat the game just doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom