• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon on Sega Pico

Haruka_Rules!

Long live Haruka (May)!
Reaction score
Have any of you ever tried out the Pokemon games for the Sega Pico? Are they fun to play?

For those that don't know. There were at least 3 Pokemon games that were released on the Sega Pico in Japan. I'm not sure about the other 2 but one of them was an educational game that teaches the Japanese language and includes some mini games.

There's a video or six on YouTube that shows off one of the games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQwq1HEAW5w

That's the first one. It's actually pretty crazy to think that Nintendo would allow one of their biggest franchises to appear on a SEGA system of all things, but hey. It's Japan, and weirder things have come out of there before...

Its mainly because the Sega Pico was still on the market in Japan, even after Sega went third party. Games were made for it up into well in 2003 and possibly after that too. I guess Nintendo needed an educational platform and they didn't have one, so they chose the Sega Pico. Oh and I apologize if this is necromancy but I thought this was relevant to the topic. Sorry, I'm just a really big Sega buff and stuff. =P

Its mainly because the Sega Pico was still on the market in Japan, even after Sega went third party. Games were made for it up into well in 2003 and possibly after that too. I guess Nintendo needed an educational platform and they didn't have one, so they chose the Sega Pico. Oh and I apologize if this is necromancy but I thought this was relevant to the topic. Sorry, I'm just a really big Sega buff and stuff. =P

That would make sence (and yep, they had games being made for that thing. I'm sure Ojamajo Doremi Dokkan had one, and it aired in.. I think 2002!)

I was surprised when I heard that of all things, Sega Pico hosted a (technically) Nintendo franchise, even though the games in mind is based on the anime. I guess Nintendo and Sega are in good terms during that time.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom