• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

pokemon oras and open world

Resk

Master Of Mankeys
Reaction score
i been playing pokemon omega ruby recently, my goal this time is to complete the pokedex.
while playing i realized something, i had more fun just running around trying to catch all the pokemons
than actually finishing the game, infact most of my annoyance with the game came when i was locked of certain content
like, a having to beat a gym leader to be able to use a hm (and i hate hm's so much) even worse i just rushed
through certain areas because i was looking for particular pokemons (trapich and vulpix)
makes me wonder why hasnt gamefreak released an open world pokemon game, i can only imagine how fun that would be
being able to just run around looking for my favorite pokemons, why not add subquest's? i mean, i tend to talk to all the npc's
and most of them are useless, and i think adding subquest's to the game would be awesome
also lets hope they dont axe the secret bases in the next game, they tend to remove any kind of innovation of the games

Like pokemon MMoRPG?? Where you starts in one region and will be able to go to the other region? And you can choose who you will be, PokeTrainer/Merchant/Berry Master/PokeCoordinator/Gym Leader/even Pokemon???

Will be awesome \ ^0^ /

Open-world would be too much of a departure from the normal formula, so there's no way GF'll make one as part of the core series. If something like this were to happen, it would most likely be a Wii U spinoff. I have nothing against the idea... but it's so different from what they normally handle, I'm betting they would probably screw it up.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom