• To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.
  • ME continues berating people in this next exciting episode of his Platinum Lets Play. Watch it here.

Pokémon Organized Play gets rebrand: 'Play! Pokémon' to be new OP

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Pokémon Organized Play gets rebrand: 'Play! Pokémon' to be new OP

The Pokémon Company International has sent out a press release and updated their website with a rebrand for Pokémon Organized Play. The rebranding, called 'Play! Pokémon', is going to be featured at Worlds 2010.

Read more on Bulbanews

The Possibly Fake
Reaction score
Why? Pokémon Organised Play was to the point, and made sense. "Play! Pokémon" just seems random.

At least the logo is better.

Sub-Market Zydrate Dealer
Reaction score
lol, total ripoff of Major League Baseball's logo.

Yes, I am THAT gli. :P
Reaction score
Pointless Name Changes FTW!
Now instead of having a decent name like Pokemon Organized Play, we now have a confusing name called "Play! Pokemon".
And the logo looks like a ripoff of every sports league's logo.

Most Dangerous
Reaction score
The biggest thing hurting people playing Pokemon is hidden game mechanics and slow pace of battles. Logo looks nice.

Yes, I am THAT gli. :P
Reaction score
Unoriginality.

I can already see several lawsuits coming.
The logo is pretty unoriginal too.

New Logo:
MLG:
MLG doesn't play pokemon, but they play brawl.

natural-born mama
Reaction score
It doesn't look that similar. Yes, it uses a silhouette of a completely different thing. The logo could do without the double border, though.

空前絶後
Reaction score
That logo would make a cool avatar. I want to change the black to blue though, and make one showing Gold instead with gold and silver colors.

黒い王様
Reaction score
So, who wants to bet that this has something to do with the secret forum under construction on pokemon.com, that some people from the community have managed to stumble upon by accident?