• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Palace Network owner raided by U.S. ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all do, but I suspect nothing will turn up.

I google news searched for this topic, and nothing came up. If it was something to make a prosecutor happy, it'd hit a local news site, because busts like this are really good at making someone look important. BIG COPYRIGHT VIOLATING RING BROKEN UP and all that.

This seems really, really fishy.
Why post-it notes of all things? It makes no sense to me at all.. x_x

Like Joe said, I don't really think we'll know why all this happened unless it becomes big news under Pokémon USA. We still don't know why PPN really disappeared the first time either.
I don't thing there's pretty much anything left to do but wait for more information and hope PPN returns "safe" as he did last time.

Last edited:
Do you think both vanishings are related? I hope not. I remember the first time he went quiet it was strange.

Are you serious, Archaic?

Why would this be posted? You guys do not know the whole story. I think this is more related to Steve himself - it's personal, and I don't know why you would go out of your way to post such a story without getting more details or waiting for him to come on himself and state why. It's not your job to talk about his site or him.

Why would this be posted? You guys do not know the whole story. I think this is more related to Steve himself - it's personal, and I don't know why you would go out of your way to post such a story without getting more details or waiting for him to come on himself and state why. It's not your job to talk about his site or him.
Still, Bulbagarden IS affiliated with PPN, is it not? Doesn't that give Bulbagarden a pressing need to make sure everything's all right? It's not as though we live in a cave here. :p I'm sure the webmaster(s) actually CARE what happens to their affiliates.

There's no point in making a big deal about it. The worse thing is gossiping about it and speculating on something that might not even be true . If he wanted to everyone to know he would probably have told someone by now the whole story.
I think caring about affiliates is one thing but I thought ppn was a 'friend' to a lot of people here not just an 'affiliate' and friends care about each other. (well they should!)

When was last time?

Also, he is the guy from PC, right?

As a regular visitor and top affiliate of PPN, I searched his website many times and didn't see anything that would make Nintendo want to shut him down due to copyright infringement. I agree with everyone else that the posted notes are very suspicious. I don't want to get banned or anything, but perhaps the whole removed info for privacy reasons, 'zam, talk to me about this later - Archaic thing has something to do with this. Again, this is my first post, so please don't bite my head off for speculation, but there is no way your house would get raided if it wasn't serious. It is fact that PPN Steve disappeared for a long time last year; there still isn't an explanation where he was and he never answered my questions either. I also doubt we will ever get the true story about what is happening, but it's worth contacting Pokemon USA and Nintendo to find out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Putting aside the fact that I didn't post this...Bulbagarden is involved in providing community/fandom news, not just news about new commercial items. It's well within what we would normally do.

As for the info we posted, that comes from a statement made by PPN's staff, relayed from PPNSteve himself. While we're still interested in getting to the bottom of things, I don't think posting what we have for now is unwarranted.

In any case...there are other potential personal issues for PPN here, that for various reasons, I can't exactly go into. I knew 'zam was aware of those, but from what you've said here, I guess you are as well. I'd appreciate it if we could all keep speculation off that topic for now, if only because, as you said, we don't know the full details of the situation currently.

Alrighty, besides the details that we're probably not gonna get, I want to know...could this possibly be a joke? I don't need to bother repeating that the whole thing seems iffy (but I did anyway...). That's the main thing I want to know right now.

TSS_Killer and SZGY have talked to Steve on the telephone about this. Whether Steve is telling the full story or not is not known, but what has been said in this thread is based off a telephone call with Steve.

Alrighty, besides the details that we're probably not gonna get, I want to know...could this possibly be a joke? I don't need to bother repeating that the whole thing seems iffy (but I did anyway...). That's the main thing I want to know right now.

There's certainly the possibility that some of the information we've heard is false, but even if that's the case, it's not because someone's joking. This is a serious issue.

Is it safe to say that this could quite possibly be one of the biggest scandals in the Pokemon community?

If I were Steve (or TSS for that matter) there are several people here I'd consider burned bridges, especially should the truth decidedly come out in my favor.

I love how certain people can sling the accusation of this being a hoax and Steve/TSS being liars while anyone who even considers that this could be true is jumped on. Just lovely. Hopefully nothing ever happens to me because I know my defenders will be attacked in the same fashion...

As for the thing about the DS and the post-its being taken, you've got to be kidding me that the point of said statement went over all of your heads. It was/is intentional sarcasm to accentuate the point that when Steve's home was raided, they took everything.

As for the thing about the DS and the post-its being taken, you've got to be kidding me that the point of said statement went over all of your heads. It was/is intentional sarcasm to accentuate the point that when Steve's home was raided, they took everything.
Well now's not the time to be sarcastic about this.

Well now's not the time to be sarcastic about this.

Or maybe they really did take everything.

Steve and TSS would have to be total idiots to cook up a story like this and try to sell it the way they have. Steve's spent years building up the reputation of his site, he's not going to scuttle it all for an ill-timed and ill-concieved April Fools joke. That would be like if Joe broke his non-disclosure agreement with Nintendo, revealed the English DP names and then said "Haha, you can't do anything about me doing this!" right on the front page of his site. In other words, it wouldn't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom