• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Palace Network owner raided by U.S. ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Pokémon Palace Network, a large fan site and affiliate of Bulbagarden, has been deleted as a result of action by Pokémon USA. According to staff members, the U.S. Government raided Web master PPNSteve's California home, confiscating his belongings under suspicion of copyright infringement.

Read more on Bulbanews

I think its too early to jump the gun in reporting this. So much about it doesn't add up, contradicts itself and contradicts how the US police would work in this sort of "raid"

For example, in cases like this, they'd only confiscate electronic storage equipment...they wouldn't confiscate posters and post-its like has been claimed

It just doesn't sit right and I am not the only person to think so

(shrugs)
to be honest, there's alot we may or may not know. Only time the goverment steps in is if said person has "Plans" or has "photos". I won't point fingers in respect to the parties nor will I elaborate what Kinds of Plans or kinds of photos they have, so you can come up with your own conclusions as to what happend with the facts we know.

Thats the thing, we don't know them as facts, its just hearsay so far

I guess we'll all have to wait out on some more information. Which I hope comes soon. Wouldn't make much sense for PUSA to go calling the van on fansites, unless they finally found out and began caring that we knew about Arceus, Shaymin, and Darkrai (talk about a dumb reason) or maybe because of Pokésav and other things. Because if that's the case... [bp=Pokésav]*cough*[/bp]... we'll need to do a little housecleaning.

This is bad news.

I hope PPN will be okay. I'm worried about him....

And yeah, I'm gonna wait until we have actual, solid informatin before assuming anything here.

But anyway, this is just awful, and I hope it doesn't mean they could shutdown all the Pokemon fansites!! ;_;

If it is a hoax, or a mis-interpretation, which is infinitely more likely than the story that has been spread due to the contradictions, then Steve puts himself in an even worse position due to him spreading libel like this

Well, PPN did host roms of some sort, although from what I knew it wasn't the full games, but that might still be enough to warrant some sort of legal action. Still, being raided... couldn't they just send you a letter saying, "You've been served"?
The only other logical reason I can think of, aside from the webmaster lying, is the US supspect potential terrorists are acessing the site... which when you really think about it is kinda ridiculous...

There would have been a C&D sent and all that, its the legal system's methods

And even if they were, they wouldn't take things like Posters

Things are not what they seem, I can promise you

Wow, reading that article...wtf, man. o_O

This should have been done on April 1st...not Sept. 10th.

Whatever is going on, it's very suspicious.
I'll have to talk to TSS when I next see him. He was planning to go down to PUSA and find out what was going on, last I heard. He lives only a few blocks from their HQ, after all. Somehow, I doubt this latest info came from them though.

Wow...I don't know what to say...

Actually, while reading the article I was in doubt, and after reading these posts, I'm in more doubt. I want proof before I assume anything happened.

What I don't get is why steve would lie, he has never been one to lie

Perhaps that leads to this story being true?

Any more evidence? Anyone?

Okay, I know Steve doesn't lie, but did Steve say himself that this happened?

Oh, and I shortened it, thanks for the warning Archaic.

Yes

From pokemonpalace.com at the bottom

If you are wondering why your favorite Pokemon fan-site is missing, Pokemon USA, Inc. decided PPN was either a threat to them (which I find funny since we have had a working, although non-official, relationship with them and their reps, as well as have sold well over 1000 Poke related products for them) or is finally cracking down on fan-sites, we don't know which as they REFUSE to give us any reason for wanting us to remove PPN's content.
Don't like it? EMAIL Pokemon USA, write letters complaining to: Corporate Offices - Pokémon USA - 1177 Avenue of the Americas - New York, NY 10036 and etc. Tell them your thoughts to help save fan-sites like PPN. Look for our new news only site coming soon..

By law, they'd have to provide a reason for demanding the removal, and if they didn't, it'd be demanded, I know I'd demand a reason before considering submitting and by law they'd have to give one. This is another point towards Steve lying, and the fact it semi contradicts the stuff TSS gave

And yes, TSS got the stuff directly from Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom