• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Palace Network owner raided by U.S. ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have one question about this all
If this PPN thing is so big, then how come there are no threads about it at the pokecommunity, because IIRC, that forum is their main forum.

And I'm a bit skeptic on this whole thing. It just seems so unrealistic and farfetched.

This is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. Why'd they raid the guy's home anyway? The stupid part is, "no reason", and "no coverage".

This makes absolutely no sense.

I'm going to wait around for Water Pokémon Master's contact to confirm or deny this.

Water Pokemon Master is more commonly known as: WPM.

He's the owner and webmaster of Pokebeach. And he also has contacts with Pokemon USA (not sure how many people he knows though, but I think several).

Wow. This IS scary.

I'll try and stay skeptical, but I can't help but worry... I ended up getting a lot more comfortable with myself through Pokemon fandom and these forums, and I've made a lot of lifetime friends on Bulbagarden (Lisa, Azurill, Quietdragon for starters) and I can't imagine PUSA shutting us down.

The possibility scares the crap out of me. Go ahead and screw up my favorite show, but leave my forums and my friends alone, okay?

The person I contacted hasn't heard anything about this (even though this would be up her department's alley), but she said she would ask around.

I don't know what's what anymore. I don't know what to think: part of me hopes this is real so Steve is vindicated, yet the other part (selfishly) hopes it's fake so maybe PocketMonsters will come back....

I'm from Pokecommunity.

I've contacted nintendo about this issue and they should reply soon. But if it isn't on CNN, i don't think it's true...

If this is true, then this is a horrible new precedent for dealing with fansites. Not just Pokemon though, companies everywhere could make a quick buck raiding fansites and fourms.

But then again, I doubt it is. This belongs in an area we call "civil law", which means that you can't be arrested for criminal charges unless you posted illegal content like ROMs, game music, or Sprites. (Which are actually okay to post if you ask permission first, if I remember correctly)

Also, unless they needed it for evidence, there's no way the government could take your personal property, because doing so is a violation of the constitution.

Like I said, I'm afraid for every Ninty series fansite now...what if the Mario and Zelda sites are next?

I seriously doubt PUSA, or Nintendo for that matter, is going to start shutting down fansites. If this had anything to do with copyright, Nintendo or PUSA would have sent a C&D letter before having someone's house raided. There would have been a warning first, then action. (Well, that's usually how things go when it comes to some of the Transformers fansites I've visited. If you do something shady, Hasbro gives you a warning. If you don't stop then their lawyers come a-knockin'. I have all ideas that PUSA would probably do the same.)

Something else is going on here. The government wouldn't normally raid someone's house unless something bad (read: illegal) had happened or was about to happen. Of course, unless we actually get more information about this entire situation, the only thing we can do now is wait and see. =/

Speculations will get us no where quite honestly. The truth in the matter is. We don't know a lot. For all we know, this could go a lot deeper than any PUSA masquerade could ever go. There is only one person who knows the truth and that person is PPN himself. He is the only one who knows what's going on. Ever since this started, i've had my doubts about whether it was true. Especially since PPN didn't get any C&D. Last I checked, they give you a warning when they want to stop something. I still wonder if the people who raided PPN's home had a warrent on them.

TSS_Killer had indeed spoken to PPN via telephone and the story he got was, as you all know, the US government had raided him. No one knows how true this is as we do not have much detail in the matter. Shutting down fansites is absurd and PUSA does not have a right to do it (if this whole thing is true)

PUSA and PPN even had a bit of a relationship going at one time also. So how they would just raid his home is beyond me. Point is, even if I or anyone else has doubts about this whole thing, it really doesn't do much good to speculate because PPN has the one and true answer. It's a very serious and difficult situation that seems to be effecting all (not just here) of the Pokemon Community. Hopefully things will be resolved in due time.

Ugh...

I just had a distressing and and hopefully unlikely thought.

What if PPN decided one day he was sick of his site, and wanted to stop updating it? And what if, instead of facing his site's patrons and telling them face to face, he makes up a story about his hardware being seized?

It's Farfetch'd, I know. xD I'm sure it's not true.

Ugh...

I just had a distressing and and hopefully unlikely thought.

What if PPN decided one day he was sick of his site, and wanted to stop updating it? And what if, instead of facing his site's patrons and telling them face to face, he makes up a story about his hardware being seized?

It's Farfetch'd, I know. xD I'm sure it's not true.

I was thinking something along that, such as perhaps his interest in his site and Pokemon suddenly went p00f just like that.

hahaha. what on earth. There are only so many reasonable scenarios for this, none of which I can possibly imagine being linked to Pokemon in any way.

I just read this. It doesn't sit right with me. Why would they shut down a site that's effectively free advertising? It's not like anyone is making money off the deal or taking profits away from them. It defines logic. Though I've heard of a few assinine companies who do it because they can.

I also saw nothing about him being handed a warrent. And as others said he would have been issued a C&D notice first. I think this is some kind of sick joke. The holes are just too big to ignore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom