• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

News Pokémon: Paldean Wings announcement

Reaction score
Didn't see anyone make a thread about this despite it being an hour since the Presents concluded, is no one else interested?

"A four-episode original animated web series set in the Paldea region, featuring animation from WIT STUDIO." Hopefully it will be closer to the level of Twilight Wings rather than Hisuian Snow. :unsure:

Four episodes with three new characters sound kind of meh. Why not just focus on Arven and Sada? I would love to see that animated.

I was happy to see they announced a Paldean anime series. I was hoping we'd get one since Horizons will be another region hopping show. And unlike Twilight Wings, this one SEEMS to at least be delving into the actual plot of the SV games with academy students as the main focus, but I guess we'll have to wait and see if it'll actually focus on the treasure hunt story. I will say that I'm disappointed that its only 4 episodes.

Four episodes with three new characters sound kind of meh. Why not just focus on Arven and Sada? I would love to see that animated.
Given that this is a four episode web series, I don't know how well they could have done Arven's storyline within that timeframe.

Honestly, this looks pretty cool. I like the designs for the three new characters, getting more Fuecoco animated is always a delight and we might get to see some characters from the games, even if they used their official game artwork for this trailer. I didn't realize that it was a four episode series. I thought it would be a series of shorts due to it having a similar name to Twilight Wings. Hopefully it will be better than Hisuian Snow. While I didn't think it was bad, it was clearly more of a special episode divided up into four parts, which really ruined its pacing for me. I would love for this to be a good series to feature some more Scarlet/Violet Pokemon and characters.

I was genuinely worried we weren't getting one of these. I think this is the longest it's taken to announce one?

Anywho, they announced the protags' names.

Ohara and Fuecoco, Aliquis and Meowscarada, Hohma and Quaxly.

F3B-GeqWwAA9LOj.jpg

F3B-GsyWUAA9_Ff.jpg

F3B-G6rWcAAKd9l.jpg

Last edited:
Where's the discussion topic for path to the peak?

Here ya go! :D

The animation looks amazing, it really makes the region look bright, and experiencing the school though the eyes of regular students sounds really fun. But 4 episodes for a mix of OCs + game characters to get focus is a little...mean, hopefully future series can be longer.
I think this is the longest it's taken to announce one?
Well, this is just the third one so it's hard to determine a pattern, but Twilight Wings was announced 2 months after the games' release and Hisuian Snow was one month, so yes.

I’m glad this series is going to exist. I would definitely like there to be around 6 episodes or 8 if they’re not sacrificing quality.

I’m more hopeful for this than the Scarlet and Violet DLC. Though, like the DLC I’m not that hyped for this either. Though, I will definitely try to watch it ASAP for Arven, Penny, and Nemona.

getting more Fuecoco animated is always a delight
YES! Of course! Being reminded of this definitely makes me a bit more excited for the series

As much as I'd like this new web series to be longer than just four episodes, I'm also kinda hopeful that the reason it's that short is because the higher ups are confident that the main anime will be able to showcase Paldea well enough without having to rely on this web series. I really enjoyed Twilight Wings, but it kinda sucks knowing that certain characters like Milo and Nessa could only find their time in the spotlight there.

Please note: The thread is from 9 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom