1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If your account is currently registered using an @aol.com, @comcast.net or @verizon.net email address, you should change this to another email address. These providers have been rejecting all emails from @bulbagarden.net email addresses, preventing user registrations, and thread/conversation notifications. If you have been impacted by this issue and are currently having trouble logging into your account, please contact us via the link at the bottom right hand of the forum home, and we'll try to sort things out for you as soon as possible.
  3. Bulbagarden has launched a new public Discord server. Click Here!

Pokémon Pia information begins to surface: Ken Sugimori discusses starter Pokémon

Discussion in 'Pokémon News from Bulbanews' started by BulbaBot, Sep 10, 2010.

1. BulbaBot

BulbaBot Dreams of electric Bulbasaur

Blog Posts:
    Pokémon Pia information begins to surface: Ken Sugimori discusses starter Pokémon

Information and pictures from Pokémon Pia, a special magazine on sale September 10th, have begun to surface on 2ch.

Read more on Bulbanews

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2010
  2. Dr. GM

Dr. GM 追放されたバカ

Blog Posts:
    Re: Pokémon Peer information begins to surface: Ken Sugimori discusses starter Pokémo

...so the starter evos may be wrong afterall. And I'm glad cuz I hate Pokabu's evos. X(

3. Umeko

Umeko i wANNA BE A HETALIA TOO

Blog Posts:
    Re: Pokémon Peer information begins to surface: Ken Sugimori discusses starter Pokémo

Indeed. Sugimori's comments on the starters seem to imply as such.

I'd add that to the article but I'm in class. Waiting for a break for me to add more info. :V

Also I got the magazine title wrong the first time because I made assumptions, my wholehearted apologies.

4. Sanic Hegehog

Sanic Hegehog Ur 2 Slow!!

Blog Posts:
    I don't see how you can say the final Mijumaru evolution is fake because Sugi said he wanted to make an Sea Lion/Otter hybrid when the fake we already saw was just that.

Also when he said Katana, was he referring to the third form or the second form and was he just simply exaggerating a little bit?

5. Neon_Seadra No. 10

Neon_Seadra No. 10 Formerly Wachamp

Blog Posts:
    Could we get a link to this article please?

6. Falconwing

Falconwing The Greatest Pokémon Ranger Deputy Chief of Staff

Blog Posts:
    do people not know what a sea lion looks like?

It's in the original post.

7. Umeko

Umeko i wANNA BE A HETALIA TOO

Blog Posts:
    What stuck out for me, personally, is the part saying that Tsutarja's evolution would be a Western design. The leaked evolution we got is most definitely an Eastern-style dragon.

8. 63cohen

63cohen Cohen the Great

Blog Posts:
    Shell into sword? I gotta see fan art of that.

Oh, a sea lion looks a bit like a seal, but with whiskers and is much bigger.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 10, 2010
  9. Ino-Chan

Ino-Chan Sig By Blue Dragon

Blog Posts:
    Western style my ass, if that evolution was true. Thank gods it probably isn't.

Sword from a shell? Sounds epic, like a water Scyther.

10. Sanic Hegehog

Sanic Hegehog Ur 2 Slow!!

Blog Posts:
    But it's not a dragon, but a snake...
    And even if it was based on a Eastern dragon, it doesn't look much like one barring its serpentine appearance.

11. AbbyNormal

AbbyNormal Super Special Awesome!

Blog Posts:
    I'm probably wrong, but the 3rd stage "leaks" we saw didn't sound too far off from the descriptions in the article. A lot of people were saying how Pokabu's final evolution DID look Chinese awhile ago, and Miji3 looks a lot like a sea lion. The only thing I didn't get was the "Western" influence on SmugSnake.

So, to me at least, I think article might actually confirm the "leak".. but I'm still reserving my judgments until the games come out. :-/:spin:

12. 63cohen

63cohen Cohen the Great

Blog Posts:
    By Western, what exactly does he mean. I know what Western he means, but what could make a Pokemon look Western inspired?

13. Falconwing

Falconwing The Greatest Pokémon Ranger Deputy Chief of Staff

Blog Posts:
    I really do think that the line about suggesting them to be fake should be removed because to many, this confirms them.

14. -Gray-

-Gray- 17 username changes :D

Blog Posts:
    This. All that interview did was make me believe more that those are real.

15. 63cohen

63cohen Cohen the Great

Blog Posts:
    Yeah, lets let the people decide if it confirms or falsifies them. Because it could go either way. Pokabu's looks Chinese in a way. Mijumaru's final evo looks totally different, just as said before. It's shell looks like a sword, but as a horn.

Let the readers decide.

16. Joshawott

Joshawott The Possibly Fake

Blog Posts:
    Problem is, he said "Evolution" and as the Japanese, to my knowledge, lack plurals, so he could be talking about either or both. As for the Katana, he doesn't say where the 'Katana' is on the evolutions; however, the first stage still has simple shells, and the second stage has no Katana. Just a shell-horn thing.

Or replace it with "Unfortunately, this extract does not help confirm or disprove the previously leaked supposed starter evolutions"

17. Gordon

Gordon New Member

Blog Posts:
    save for calling Smugleaf western it all seems reasonable that he's talking about the Miju3 that we know now... it's clearly sealion esque... a "surprise" as he calls it... and sorta samurai like..

If it's not the real deal... I wonder if whoever made it read that interview already. lol

18. Joshawott

Joshawott The Possibly Fake

Blog Posts:
    Miju3 has a harpoon-like spear; Japan likes to harpoon things xD

As for Tsu3, I'd say it looks like a European Empress.

19. Garren

Garren Onduru ruragittan disukaa

Blog Posts:
    No, I can definitely see Tsutarja's final as being Western...look at him! He looks like he has on a crown and a royal robe. Anyone denying that is just being stubborn.

I think some people here may be forgetting that European Monarchy is considered "Western" to the Japanese.

EDIT: It's nice to see them discuss how they made the Pokemon for once though.

20. 63cohen

63cohen Cohen the Great

Blog Posts:
    By Western, I assume he means Western world/hemisphere. Not Europe.

How is European Monarchy Western to the Japanese?