• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Pia information begins to surface: Ken Sugimori discusses starter Pokémon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Europe and the Americas are jsut two examples of the western world. I took a non western-world literature class last quarter. Guess which three continents were not featured?

Miju3 has a harpoon-like spear; Japan likes to harpoon things xD

As for Tsu3, I'd say it looks like a European Empress.

Mwahaha. Reminds me of Whale Wars. Best show ever.

After reading that interview I really do believe the starters are legit.

By Western, I assume he means Western world/hemisphere. Not Europe.

How is European Monarchy Western to the Japanese?

Europe is western. That term is not just exclusive to the USA.

As for the starters being real, I'm still not sure. I mean, he says that Miju's final evo is like a sea lion, which is pretty much what that leak was. But the samurai sword thing? I'm not convinced that it's the horn on it's head. Also, Pokabu's evos gave me the impression of Mexican wrestlers as opposed to something chinese.

By Western, I assume he means Western world/hemisphere. Not Europe.

How is European Monarchy Western to the Japanese?

In Japan (and pretty much all of Asia) "Western" really just means the modern culture, not the geographical location. It's like how we say "eastern cultures".

And I see they took that judge-y line out. ^^

Yeah cohen, have you never taken a World History course? The Western World consists of the Americas, Western Europe, and nowadays Australia and New Zealand, where as the Eastern World consists of Eastern Europe, Asia, and pretty much all of Africa.

I'm tempted to ask what you had in mind for Tsutarja's evolution by your definition...

Europe is western. That term is not just exclusive to the USA.

I assume Western is the Western Hemeisphere. Here in America when we say Western we mean that. The Americas, South and North.

Of course I have taken a course, it makes no sense for Australia to be in the Western World. I can understand if you mean the New World, but that is not what was said. Abbey-Normal explained it better. To Western people, it means the Western side of the world. To other cultures, it doesn't.

I assume Western is the Western Hemeisphere. Here in America when we say Western we mean that. The Americas, South and North.

But that would mean pretty much the entire world being Eastern :eh:

But that would mean pretty much the entire world being Eastern :eh:

No it wouldn't. Are you saying the America's isn't a large portion of the world? if you mean by landmass, then yes, but that is where the lines are drawn.

I will just say, the idea of Western world is very odd if it counts something on the Eastern world, even as far as New Zealand.

Western. Non-asian. There, it's settled.

The interview has been constantly posted all over the internet. I'm getting a little sick of seeing it brought up. But I guess it's good to talk about.

"I came up with the idea of making the shell on Mijumaru's stomach into a sword (katana) and using it to fight, and that's how I completed Mijumaru and its evolution."

This is all very ambiguous when it comes to the leaked ones we saw...

On one hand, neither of Mijumaru's evos have swords, but he could have meant he used the IDEA of swords to complete their designs, and ended up with the horned otter/whatever-it-is we saw earlier...

We have less than 10 days to see if they're real, so all we can do is sit tight.

Of course I have taken a course, it makes no sense for Australia to be in the Western World. I can understand if you mean the New World, but that is not what was said. Abbey-Normal explained it better. To Western people, it means the Western side of the world. To other cultures, it doesn't.

Take that course again. The Western World is not the western hemisphere. Just like the third world isn't a third planet. It's just a term.

No it wouldn't. Are you saying the America's isn't a large portion of the world? if you mean by landmass, then yes, but that is where the lines are drawn.

I will just say, the idea of Western world is very odd if it counts something on the Eastern world, even as far as New Zealand.

America is a big portion, but I wouldn't say it's the only part of the Western world.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I say it again, "Western" as stated in the article really refers to the CULTURE. As in big, rich cities, modern tech, snooty upperclass people (not really the last one. Maybe.)

And whoever said "less than 10 days" (I forgot to quote)... Dude, it's a WEEK! :bounce:

you silly silly guys... we all know that the "Western" part he is talking about is the Wild West! Ye-ha! That's why we have a snake... it's a Rattler!
Whee-doggy.

you silly silly guys... we all know that the "Western" part he is talking about is the Wild West! Ye-ha! That's why we have a snake... it's a Rattler!
Whee-doggy.

...Oh my god, you are SO TOTALLY RIGHT. Maybe it's like JohnWayneSnake?

CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S THAT CLOSE. :bounce:

One week and we'll have all the info we've been wanting!

Comes out on my bday, too! :bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

Anyways, the starters are really growing on me. And Miju has the coolest last evo cuz' he got all the hate.

I am for the first time very excited for these games, after reading the interview. A sea lion with a sword? Awesome. Those starter evos leaked earlier could have been legit, but Shuji could still have changed them, so he could of taken the horn and made it a sword, and made it walk on two legs. He has the power to change things. And does anyone have any ideas of a Western snake?

I assume that Sugimori's interview is supporting that the forbiddens may be end up as the real thing?

Even if the forbiddens aren't the final template, the real deal might be similar in appearance to what was posted previously. Clearly each of the posted forbidden families have cultural links identical to what Sugimori claimed they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom