• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Pia information begins to surface: Ken Sugimori discusses starter Pokémon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I worried about it for a while, and I eventually went to go see the sea otters at the aquarium. I happened to catch the sea lion show while I was there, and I became aware of the sea lion's power. "Well, let's try blending a sea otter and a sea lion," I thought. I came up with the idea of making the shell on Mijumaru's stomach into a sword (katana) and using it to fight, and that's how I completed Mijumaru and its evolution."

Combined with V Faction's analysis, it makes me believe that Wotter's evolution is real. I don't see how a sea lion can hold a sword, and combined with Game Freak's increasing trend of not having "clothing" or obvious held items in their more recent designs, I can see how it could be real, but the other two designs don't fit in.

I want to see Samurai Wotter >:

The only western snake I can think of is Quetzalcoatl. That actually may work!

I meant West as in West of the Prime Maridean.

Quetzalcoatl is a more of a dragon, nice try though. Some have mistaken it for a snake though. The Aztecs saw it as a dragon.

Quetzalcoatl is a more of a dragon, nice try though. Some have mistaken it for a snake though. The Aztecs saw it as a dragon.

And aren't a lot of people fighting about whether or not Smug3 is a dragon or a snake? It's resemblance to the Dratini line doesn't help it either lol

YES!! I would love to see it as a Pokemon. A starter evo would make it even more awesome. I would also like to see the "western" idea come from something other than the US. It isn't the center of the world, or the entire "western" world.

And aren't a lot of people fighting about whether or not Smug3 is a dragon or a snake? It's resemblance to the Dratini line doesn't help it either lol

Just adds to it, because Quez. has been a feathered serpent/dragon.

I'm sorry, but I'm Mexican and I can tell you Quetzalcoatl's name is nahuatl for "feathered snake". Definetely not a dragon.

I'm sorry, but I'm Mexican and I can tell you Quetzalcoatl's name is nahuatl for "feathered snake". Definetely not a dragon.

Some cultures saw it as a feathered serpent. Some saw it as a flying reptile, a dragon. Mayans vs. Aztecs really.

Not to be rude, but you being Mexican doesn't mean you know what Quez is definetivly, no culture who worshiped it is still alive (as far as I know)

Some cultures saw it as a feathered serpent. Some saw it as a flying reptile, a dragon. Mayans vs. Aztecs really.

Not to be rude, but you being Mexican doesn't mean you know what Quez is definetivly, no culture who worshiped it is still alive (as far as I know)

The Mayans are still alive, only with some Spanish blood running on their veins. The are still very small groups that worship the mayan deities. These groups rebelling against the Spanish and criollos is one of the reasons why La Guerra de Castas exploded in Yucatán. The Mayan language is still alive and its use is mainstream in lots of large and little villages in my homestate of Yucatán.

Kukulcán is the mayan equivalent to Quetzalcoatl, and the can in Kukulcán means snake, not serpent. The confusion could come from "serpiente" being spanish for snake, and having in "serpent" its english equivalent. Also, dragon is more of a chinese/european term, and I'm quite sure the Popol Vuh and Chilam Balam never used that term.

Point is, Quetzalcoatl/Kukulcán is definetely a feathered snake or serpent, but NOT a dragon.

The Mayans are still alive, only with some Spanish blood running on their veins. The are still very small groups that worship the mayan deities. These groups rebelling against the Spanish and criollos is one of the reasons why La Guerra de Castas exploded in Yucatán. The Mayan language is still alive and its use is mainstream in lots of large and little villages in my homestate of Yucatán.

Kukulcán is the mayan equivalent to Quetzalcoatl, and the can in Kukulcán means snake, not serpent. The confusion could come from "serpiente" being spanish for snake, and having in "serpent" its english equivalent. Also, dragon is more of a chinese/european term, and I'm quite sure the Popol Vuh and Chilam Balam never used that term.

Point is, Quetzalcoatl/Kukulcán is definetely a feathered snake or serpent, but NOT a dragon.

Look up the name on google image. It brings up a dragon first, and no snake.

Also, the Aztecs worshiped him as well. Not just the Mayans. The Aztecs saw him as a flying reptile, as in a dragon. In other media, he is called a Crimson Dragon. Of course, this version is from Peru and not Mexico.

Most of those claiming to be Maya are mostly Spanish. The Spanish nearly whipped out the Natives. The Mayans are mostly dead along with the Aztecs.

End discussion, this is off topic.

Is that fact that its a snake to begin with, and end in a dragon very hard to understand? make it a Grass/Dragon! or Grass/Flying.

Is that fact that its a snake to begin with, and end in a dragon very hard to understand? make it a Grass/Dragon! or Grass/Flying.

1) Why should it fly when it has no wings?

2) If it was grass dragon, it'd be resistant to both Mijimaru and Pokabu, so why pick the other two starters?

3) Why don't you complain about Charizard not being Fire/Dragon, why the double standard?

Have you seen the last stage of tsutarja?
It could very well have wings or it could fly without wings.Take dragonair for example it flies without wings.
Besides there is a chance that those golden "leaves" on tsutarja's shoulder might develop into wings.

2) If it was grass dragon, it'd be resistant to both Mijimaru and Pokabu, so why pick the other two starters?
I'd say "Rule of Cool" if dragons didn't fall into that.

Look how much more attention Charizard got in gen I, and it wasn't even a dragon itself.

Tsu3 has just as much reason to be a dragon as Milotic, Gyarados, and Charizard.

I find it interesting that Mijumaru's evolution is purposefully drastically different, because he is, as expected, difficult to accept by fans when the fans themselves came up with, in their opinion, "cooler" evolutions. This I am afraid, because people had found another reason to hate Mijumaru. Another thing I find amazing is how Sugimori found it hard to create the water starters the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom