• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Pia information begins to surface: Ken Sugimori discusses starter Pokémon

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Pokémon Pia information begins to surface: Ken Sugimori discusses starter Pokémon

Information and pictures from Pokémon Pia, a special magazine on sale September 10th, have begun to surface on 2ch.

Read more on Bulbanews

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Pokémon Peer information begins to surface: Ken Sugimori discusses starter Pokémo

...so the starter evos may be wrong afterall. And I'm glad cuz I hate Pokabu's evos. X(

Re: Pokémon Peer information begins to surface: Ken Sugimori discusses starter Pokémo

Indeed. Sugimori's comments on the starters seem to imply as such.

I'd add that to the article but I'm in class. Waiting for a break for me to add more info. :V

Also I got the magazine title wrong the first time because I made assumptions, my wholehearted apologies.

I don't see how you can say the final Mijumaru evolution is fake because Sugi said he wanted to make an Sea Lion/Otter hybrid when the fake we already saw was just that.

Also when he said Katana, was he referring to the third form or the second form and was he just simply exaggerating a little bit?

What stuck out for me, personally, is the part saying that Tsutarja's evolution would be a Western design. The leaked evolution we got is most definitely an Eastern-style dragon.

Shell into sword? I gotta see fan art of that.

Oh, a sea lion looks a bit like a seal, but with whiskers and is much bigger.

Hooker_Sea_Lion.jpgp

Last edited:
Western style my ass, if that evolution was true. Thank gods it probably isn't.

Sword from a shell? Sounds epic, like a water Scyther.

What stuck out for me, personally, is the part saying that Tsutarja's evolution would be a Western design. The leaked evolution we got is most definitely an Eastern-style dragon.

But it's not a dragon, but a snake...
And even if it was based on a Eastern dragon, it doesn't look much like one barring its serpentine appearance.

I'm probably wrong, but the 3rd stage "leaks" we saw didn't sound too far off from the descriptions in the article. A lot of people were saying how Pokabu's final evolution DID look Chinese awhile ago, and Miji3 looks a lot like a sea lion. The only thing I didn't get was the "Western" influence on SmugSnake.

So, to me at least, I think article might actually confirm the "leak".. but I'm still reserving my judgments until the games come out. :-/:spin:

By Western, what exactly does he mean. I know what Western he means, but what could make a Pokemon look Western inspired?

I really do think that the line about suggesting them to be fake should be removed because to many, this confirms them.

I really do think that the line about suggesting them to be fake should be removed because to many, this confirms them.

This. All that interview did was make me believe more that those are real.

Yeah, lets let the people decide if it confirms or falsifies them. Because it could go either way. Pokabu's looks Chinese in a way. Mijumaru's final evo looks totally different, just as said before. It's shell looks like a sword, but as a horn.

Let the readers decide.

I don't see how you can say the final Mijumaru evolution is fake because Sugi said he wanted to make an Sea Lion/Otter hybrid when the fake we already saw was just that.

Also when he said Katana, was he referring to the third form or the second form and was he just simply exaggerating a little bit?
Problem is, he said "Evolution" and as the Japanese, to my knowledge, lack plurals, so he could be talking about either or both. As for the Katana, he doesn't say where the 'Katana' is on the evolutions; however, the first stage still has simple shells, and the second stage has no Katana. Just a shell-horn thing.

Or replace it with "Unfortunately, this extract does not help confirm or disprove the previously leaked supposed starter evolutions"

save for calling Smugleaf western it all seems reasonable that he's talking about the Miju3 that we know now... it's clearly sealion esque... a "surprise" as he calls it... and sorta samurai like..

If it's not the real deal... I wonder if whoever made it read that interview already. lol

Miju3 has a harpoon-like spear; Japan likes to harpoon things xD

As for Tsu3, I'd say it looks like a European Empress.

No, I can definitely see Tsutarja's final as being Western...look at him! He looks like he has on a crown and a royal robe. Anyone denying that is just being stubborn.

I think some people here may be forgetting that European Monarchy is considered "Western" to the Japanese.

EDIT: It's nice to see them discuss how they made the Pokemon for once though.

By Western, I assume he means Western world/hemisphere. Not Europe.

How is European Monarchy Western to the Japanese?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom