• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Pia Magazine Discussion (Scans inside)

sunyshore

Electric Obsession
Reaction score
EDIT: posting all the important scans here.
http://sunyshore.com/scrap/bw/

i have bought the magazine. it said the discussion was banned until there was solid proof. here you go!

bwnewyorkpia.jpg

i think it is very interesting a major game is finally based on another country besides japan... :D and i am glad this debate can be put to rest. i rushed out to find the magazine just to see for myself!

Last edited:
Re: isshu really IS america - pokemon pia in hand!

Great job, suny.

Now let's circulate this image around the net.

Bah, I reported the thread without reading - I thought you were talking about the fake article cover. My apologies!

Anyway... this is interesting. You sure they're not simply speculating?

it's not speculation XD i have the OFFICIAL magazine in hand - and it states it AS A FACT. no question marks :) the magazine is full of inside information. i'll get more pics shortly.

That's so cool! Is it based off America, or just a country that's not Japan?

i'm on it, captain! i just got home so i am going to work on it right now :)

in the mean time, design sketche!

bwpia01.jpg

Lovin it. Mijumaru can take off his shell?

To be honest, the first posts looks pretty good enough to translate the bigger text.

woah woah woah, hold the phone. A pic of musharna awake? Bipedal?

Forget isshu! it's Sugimori's drawings and sugimori drawing!!

Archaic said:
Well, don't I just have egg on my face now.

Waiting for better scans, to see if this is just speculation or if there's any official word in there.

I know you were pining for Shanghai, so it's understandable.

New York or not, it's still nice to have scans.

Whoa, freaky Musharna with eyes open there. :0

Pics and info of Pokémon not already seen
Hmm, I was going to ask this, but I
A) Didn't think there were going to be any
B) Didn't want to be rude

Glad you did it then. :p

Pics and info of Pokémon not already seen -- no new pokemon, just detailed shots of some ones we knew of (seen above)

Interviews
NYC article
Everything else

I am on it -- it'll be slow, my comp is horrible. but i will put it all into http://sunyshore.com/scrap/bw directory, so everyone can reload to see what i've got finished without me posting a hundred times.

I know you were pining for Shanghai, so it's understandable.

New York or not, it's still nice to have scans.

Actually, I've been favouring the dual inspiration theory for a week or two now, with that becoming more firm in my mind earlier today when the Sugimori interview leaked and he talked about intentionally making one Chinese and one Western themed starter.

Well, America itself is a mix of cultures, so why not have the Pokemon reflect that?

Incidentally, isn't odd how people's perspectives sort out differently? They went with a Japanese, Chinese, and Western trio. But if you were to ask, say, someone from North America to do the same, they'd probably say "American, European, Eastern" instead.

What does an Australian say?

you can see someone petting the new cat in that hiun city scan.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom