• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Picross (3DS)

Reaction score
CUsLjCHUcAAaxWG.png

Let me preface that I made a similar thread in the past, but it was for a cancelled game, so if you brought up that thread, keep in mind that this is for the version that will release for the 3DS as a free-to-start game.

Anyway, my dreams of a Pokemon Picross game is finally on the horizon! From the looks of it, it is basically Picross with Pokemon, and due to my love for Picross, it is undoubtedly a match made in heaven for me. The only concern I have is how do the game works. We only know of the traditional Picross system, but it's unknown whether it will eventually have Mega Picross (for Mega Evolutions, I guess) or if the puzzles would eventually get bigger.

I'm definitely looking forward to this. How about you?

Thanks for reading.

No thanks. I rather play a decent game like Pokemon Z when it comes out.

Hell yeah dudes! Def gonna be wasting all my time with this one. Really like, holey moley it's Pokemon Picross!!

I am a huge, huge , HUGE Picross nerd, probably on the same level as Pokemon, so this is a proper match made in heaven. On area 4 right now and the game is piss easy, but with over 25 areas, its obvious I am going to hit a paywall sooner or later. Definitely want to lay down some cash if I had the means to, its worth it all right. If they do a proper physical release like Rumble World I hope to god they consider localizing it, Pokemon Picross is the champagne of spinoff games.
OMFG just saw that Rumble World retail has been announced for Europe, so there is a chance of my wish happening. Yeeeees!

Last edited:
Oh no, the free-to-play aspects are kinda gross with this game. Although just like Rumble World you pretty much get infinite of the purchasable resource after paying for thirty dollars worth, so it's probably best to think of this as as a $30 game.

Last edited:
I've been playing this game as well. My impressions:

- Having never played Picross before, it's pretty fun. It first reminded me of the minigame in HeartGold / SoulSilver called 'Voltorb Flip,' but with more precise answers. Then as I played it, it's feeling quite like a logic puzzle similar to Sudoku or Kakuro.

- I see much of the pixel art as rather messy, though I guess that designing 10 by 10 grid pokemon pictures would be somewhat hard to achieve anyways.

- I'm at the 5th area and learning that when the pay wall occurs, it hits very, very hard. To activate these so-called 'Super Picross' Stages, you must pay 300 Picrites. 500 to activate Mega Evolution stages.

The sticker shock cases have really gotten on my nerves, and I may probably hold off trying to complete every puzzle in this game, much like how I held off trying to catch every Pokemon in Rumble World.

Been playing the game myself. I had a bit of Picross experience, though it helps to learn about some strategy. I am a few Picrites short from unlocking the fifth area, though.

This game is actually surprisingly fun. I've never played picross before and have been completely sucked in. Unfortunately I don't appear to be too good at it... I keep screwing up the puzzles and then am forced to restart it. Oh well, I'm still enjoying it.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom