• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

TEEN: Pokémon Pink and Purple Edition! Team Rocket's Rockin'!

Teebs96

CEO of Plainhiveshipping
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
  2. It/Its
Hello! I've shared my writing on the Discord a little bit, and I was recommended I should try making a thread here. So, alas, while this story was published earlier, I'd wish to share it here. This is Team Rocket's Rockin', once again they are trying their old Goldenrod Radio Tower Heist shenanigans. This story is written with Bugsy and Whitney as the main characters; lovers too. You may have seen this on Fanfiction.net before; that was me! But I'll post it here for others to see.

You're gonna see some wacky Pokémon choices here too, by the way.

CW: Mild violence, mild language.

Chapter 1.
It was a dark and murky room. The clock read 1:38 AM on a Sunday. There was a tense energy filling the atmosphere. A flickering fluorescent light and cigarette smoke were the only things keeping the four company as they sat at a cramped table.

"So, once again and to summarize, our plan is as follows," began the cold and calculating voice. "Once the bombs go off, we'll have Black Team surround the edges of the Financial District. Nobody is to go in or out, except for White Team, who's going to enter the Radio Tower." His little rod smacked against the paper as he showed the exact strategy of his crew.

"And remind me why we want a dinky little Radio Tower again?" The voice came from a smarmy man with purple hair and a scruffy goatee.

"It's about sending a message." Piped a voice from a man with dashing green hair. "Once you have Johto's economic center in our hands, it becomes that much easier to control the rest of Johto. We'll take over the city when they least expect it. It's just tactics. It's like a simple game of chess."

"And hopefully with the Radio Tower under our control we can find the boss again." A woman's voice this time entered the conversation. She took a drag from a cigarette before letting another puff out. "Data suggested that Sundays tend to be the quietest days there. Everyone got their foot traffic the day before and they're busy doing their ceremonies in the towns over. Should be a cinch."

"Yeah, just one problem." The eyes flashed white as they glanced over to the man with purple hair once more. "What if someone stops us? Not that they should, could, or would, but you know. We sort of have a knack for people getting in our way."

"If we can't have the Radio Tower, nobody will." He tapped at the ominous 'plan B' section of the flowchart. "Any questions?" His cold voice stated such a vile act so plainly. A sinister vibe surrounded the others, encouraging them to stay silent for the moment.

"And with that, our meeting is adjourned. We will rest for tomorrow and execute our plan. There shall be no obstacles. All hail Team Rocket."

"All Hail Team Rocket!"

"And then I said, 'no Viola, not photo op, Spidop!'"

Whitney began to burst out in a small fit of giggles. "Ahhh, poor Viola! Man, you're so funny Bugsy."

It was a warm Spring day. A gentle breeze from the water was washing over Goldenrod City. On this nice and easy going Sunday were two Gym Leaders on their day off. The walking Bug Encyclopedia, Bugsy, and the Goldenrod Gal herself, Whitney. The two had been friends as long as they were in the profession, but their romantic bond had been a relatively recent development. It was only a few months in the making, but they already felt their lives gain so much more meaning. While most people didn't know the official status of their relationship, a few rumors were stirring around town. Given Whitney's popularity within Goldenrod, the two opted to try and lay a little bit low today, and just did simple things any couple would do. As such, they were enjoying a nice yummy brunch under the umbrella shade at Whitney's favorite patisserie. She grinned, taking another scoopful of her strawberry parfait into her mouth as she stared right at Bugsy's face. He himself was still chuckling from his joke, but calmed down so he can enjoy some of his muffin. She kept gazing at him, munching away at his treat, until he noticed that Whitney's gaze hadn't left him.

"S-something on my face?" He asked, with just a smidge of crumb on the corner of his lips. Whitney just rested her chin on her palm and giggled.

"Not really. You're just so cute that I want to keep looking at you."

Those words made Bugsy go as red as a Tamato Berry, an uneven smile coming across his face. Gosh.

Once again the Incredibly Pretty Girl giggled, this time in true earnest as she had polished off the rest of her parfait. She stood up from her seat, and let the compostable cup fall into its bin. "Mmm, tasty. Hey Bugsy, I gotta head down to the Tunnel for a bit. Maybe find some new accessories. Mind coming with?

"You know I'll come with! Here." He held her hand, and they flashed each other a grin. Just a few steps from there led to where the real hustle and bustle of Goldenrod was; the Underground Tunnel. The place where Pokémon can get a spiffy haircut, where one can get some rare Stones, and a place where wallets groan as they're squeezed to empty. Once they were in the Tunnel, their eyes darted about at all the sights and stores to see. Some opened, some closed. However, it didn't take long for one to really catch Whitney's eye.

"Omigosh! New scrunchies! Be right back!" She left Bugsy's side as she scurried over to her favorite accessories store to gaze for new hair ties, pins, bands, anything. Bugsy didn't mind; she did that a lot. But it did give him a chance to look around for himself. With his catching net in his other hand, he casually strolled around. Despite such an accessory, he usually blended into crowds thanks to his height, or lack thereof.

There were a lot of stores and services in the tunnel. Some were selling haircuts, others' exotic and rare Poké Balls. But it wouldn't take long for one particular thing to catch Bugsy's eye. It was a nice Aroma Lady selling some flowers. Her booth looked rather humble, and she was advertising only by holding up a sign every so often. Her cart had a number of flowers on it, mostly in pots and bags. Out of sheer curiosity, he stopped by, finding a particularly nice bouquet of crimson petals.

"Oh, you're interested in these? They're Gracidea flowers. They're quite expensive, but they're good if you plan on giving them to someone special, li-"

"I'll take them!"

The flowers stood straight in their stalks. Almost like they were saluting whoever was holding them. In a weird way, it was almost like they had their own sense of pride. It drew Bugsy towards them. Bugsy nodded, and after a handshake and a quick emptying of his pockets, he had a set ready to go, stored in his net. After the transaction, he couldn't help but notice that next to the stand was a large mass of people, all with large sacks. They looked like Backpackers, which isn't uncommon, but seeing so many of them kind of was.

"Bugsy! Check out what I got!" His mind was pulled back to Whitney as he heard and saw her running his way. She ran up to him and showed in her hand a series of pins. They were, expectedly, all of cute Pokémon. Mincinno, Skitty, Yamper, and Alolan Meowth. "But I got you one too!" She put one in Bugsy's hand, who opened it to see it was a bright and smiling Ledyba.

"Aw, this is so nice! Thank you!" Bugsy laughed, and went right to pinning it on his left breast pocket of his top. The red pin gleamed nicely with the light. "Actually I got you something too." He reached into his net to pull out the bouquet of flowers. They were wrapped in white floral paper. It was then that Bugsy realized that these red flowers, whether accidentally or subconsciously, reminded him of Whitney too when they were wrapped like this. She put her hands in front of her face as she gasped. Her eyes began to twinkle. She took the flowers and inspected them gently, taking a whiff of their scent. "These are so sweet…." She looked at him and swooned so loudly he couldn't believe it. What was just a simple little thing in his mind felt like the whole world to her. She wrapped him in an embrace and kissed his lips, hugging him nice and secure after.

Bugsy was elated, feeling her hair tickle his face was one of those sweet pleasures in life. But unfortunately, his joy wouldn't last long. As she continued to hug him, he would see those same backpackers from before pull some devices from their sacks. They didn't look very nice. They were gray, like handheld remotes. And then one of them took off a vest, revealing their shirts had a big red R on them.

Chapter 2.
Bugsy went wide-eyed, the hairs on the back of his neck standing up. "Get down!"

Whitney yelped as Bugsy pulled her to the floor as the grunt pressed the button on the device, sending explosions and seismic shockwaves throughout the Underground. Stores were damaged and the very foundation of the Tunnel was shaken. Rubble and dust filled the air while loud booms, thooms, screams and shouts rang in eardrums.

"Alright everyone! This is a takeover! Team Rocket's back! Yeah, you heard me!" The grunt yelled into a megaphone shortly after the blasts. Bugsy gazed down and saw that Whitney was alright. Good. He patted himself down, no injuries. She looked at him, her heart racing, leaning into her fellow Gym Leader. "Why do they gotta do this on our day off…"

"We need to run! They got explosives!" Bugsy replied back. Indeed, it wasn't common for this team to use such violent measures.

"We have the entire Tunnel and perimeter of the Radio Tower surrounded. And the outskirts of Goldenrod too. Nobody should be a hero, and they ain't gonna be any heroes coming! We don't wanna hurt yas, we're just here to do a little bit of…communication. Ehehehe! So if you listen to us, you'll be okay." The grunt continued.

"Nevermind. They don't give us much of a choice." Bugsy kneeled and let Whitney rise up with him. Once the literal dust settled, it was clear that they were the only trainers ready and willing to take on the legion of Rocket members in the tunnel. They went to each other's backs, and let their Pokémon free.

"Go! Venomoth!"

"C'mon out, Miltank!"

The poisonous arachnid immediately went to fire some webbing at the grunt with the megaphone. "Hey, what did I just say?! Nobody mmppghm!" The webbing kept him shit for the moment, while Bugsy went to town on some grunts' Rattata and Spearow.

"Wait, did they mention the Radio Tower? They're doing that again? Mary's doing her Sunday show today. Bugsy, I think we need to split up. Miltank, use Stomp!" Her cow of power was busy giving the works to an enemy Venonat.

"Sure. But be careful. If they're using explosives I'm sure they got something dangerous planned. I'll try to get ahold of Falkner and Morty and see if they can help us." Always the observant one, Bugsy was prepared to defeat evil even on his day off. "I'll make a clear path for everyone else out of the Tunnel, you go to the Tower!"

"Right!" Whitney stepped forward, and the other grunts cowered in fear. The tales of Whitney's Miltank were known almost worldwide, and seeing the bovine hype itself up in front of them made them quiver. Whitney grinned.

"You guys light a few bombs and that's it?! I'll make you pay for doing this to my home!" More and more grunts sent out their Pokémon, but as they were just lowly grunts, they'd see themselves get KO'd left and right. Down would go Machop, Elekid, Kakuna, Ghastly, and Magnemite. Even the grunts themselves found their eyes spinning and dizzy from Whitney's sheer might.

Meanwhile, Bugsy let their Venomoth do her thing. Sludge Bomb and Bug Buzz would make short work of many Pokémon. As the two went their separate ways, Bugsy would find a big crowd of innocent people, trapped in because of rubble made loose from the blasts. "This is malicious, even for Team Rocket. I got just the plan though." Bugsy recalled Venomoth, and let out his two pride and joy. "Scyther, Scizor, lend me a hand!" The ever-accurate green reaper and the crimson claws would come out, and they instinctively went to work reducing down the rubble and pushing rocks to the side.

"Oh my gosh you're saving us! Thank you so much! Hey… you're that boy from earlier." The Aroma Lady who sold Bugsy the bouquet was there trapped, and had leaned a hand on his shoulder. He gazed at her and smiled… then realized the bouquet was lost in the explosion. It really stung at his nerves. It made his heart hurt. He shrugged the pain away, as there was duty to be done. "We'll get you out of here in a second ma'am, and that goes to all of you!" He turned, facing the crowd of panicked citizens. Eventually the rubble was cleared, but even more Rocket grunts were staring down into the opening, brandishing billy clubs and more Poké Balls. Bugsy frowned at them.

"Hey! It's me you want! I'll fight you guys, but let these people go!" Bugsy stood in front of the crowd of innocents, gasping and murmuring how the Azalea Town Gym Leader was so brave. While Bugsy's heroics were in earnest, his heart was thumping. He'd never been thrust into real danger like this before.

The Rocket grunt rubbed his chin and looked to one of his cohorts. "Fine. Everyone, let 'em go. We'll deal with the squirt ourselves."

The innocents immediately rushed out of the Tunnel by the sides. "I won't forget you!" The Aroma Lady cried out before she made her own way to safety. Then the grunts clogged the exit once more, all ready to gang up on Bugsy. They weren't expecting the power of Scizor's Bullet Punch.

Meanwhile, Whitney and her Miltank were knocking down foes left and right. The grunts were largely totally unprepared for any obstacle today, let alone it being a powerful Gym Leader. Miltank would quite literally bounce from one Pokémon to the next, knocking out each one in a row with strong Body Slams and Rollouts. While it made extremely short work of many enemies, all Pokémon get tired out eventually. Miltank was drenched with sweat, tired, but proud that it was able to do so much battling. Whitney grinned, rubbing Miltank on her favorite spot; on her head right between her adorable little horns. It moo'd in happiness. All the now-defeated Rocket Grunts found themselves practically sacked up against the walls of the hallway, not unlike big bags of garbage. She returned the Miltank back into its' ball.

"Nice job Miltank, you earned a nice little na-HEY!" Whitney squealed as she was suddenly lifted up by her waist and hoisted over someone's shoulder. The black clothing that she could see gave it away. Some Rocket Grunt managed to swoop her right up! "P-Put me down, put me down!" Whitney flailed about, her hands uselessly punching away at some Rocket thug's back. Kicking wasn't doing any good either. With no Pokémon out, she was basically useless at this position, and she knew it. So she went limp after a while.

"See? Told ya a sneak attack would get her." Thus rattled Lurr, the tall, lanky, gangly member of Team Rocket. He was just a Grunt, but he was a good one, so he thought.

"Ay, I didn't distrust you for a sec, Lurr!" His friend, the shorter, bulkier, stouter fellow, Leff, was his 'underling', so to speak. He really wanted to get to Ariana's good graces, so Lurr was helping him out.

"With the broad under our grasp, then our plan to take over the Radio Tower will be a cinch!" Lurr and Leff began to cackle. Whitney just crossed her arms. Broad?! What are these guys' damage anyways?!

Eventually the three would turn a corner and find a relatively empty office room. Lurr would Whitney set up in a chair, with her Poké Balls taken away from her. He locked them up in a near-by desk drawer and slid the key in his pocket. "And don't try no funny business." He towered over Whitney, the pink-haired Gym Leader scowling at him while tears welled at the corner of her eyes. He gave a nasty cackle and spun the office chair around so she wouldn't face him, strutting away back to his coworker.

"Alrighty. Leff, you got the boss on the freq on your radio?"

"Sure do."

"So what are you waitin' for? Call her and let her know an obstacle is out of her way! Once she hears that, she's sure to promo-"

Suddenly, there was an ear-splitting screeching wail.

"Bwwwweeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiii! Uuuuuwwwaaaaaah, ha-huaaaaaaaaaannn!" It was, of course, Whitney, presumably crying her eyes out now that she was in such a predicament. Leff could hardly hear himself think, but Lurr was taking it particularly worse. Crying ladies reminded him of his mum. He pulled his hat down to try and cover his ears, but it was of no use.

"Mmrrrgn, blast! I knew she could cry up a storm, but this is ridiculous! Leff, c'mon, step outside so the boss can hear you."

"No way. I open that door and then people know where she is, and who knows who'd save her?"

"Uwwwwaaaaahhhh! Hiiiiiiiiiin, uhuhuh, sob sob" The waterworks continued.

"...Yer right. Alright, lemme see what I can do. Besides, if she keeps crying like this..." Lurr scratched at his pencil-thin neck as he began to head over to the direction of the distraught wailing. Sure enough, it looked like Whitney was drying her eyes; maybe this was a chance for Lurr to get her to shut up. He took in a deep inhale, closed his eyes, and turned Whitney around.

"Look, uh, Whit, I know you're sad, I know we're the bad guys, but I promise, just listen to us, and nothing bad's gonna happen to yooooooooouuuuuUUUUUUUU-"

Suddenly, Lurr felt a deep, sharp pressure right above his midsection, digging into his ribcage. The literal air was being blown out of him, and his body was being folded by whatever force was pushing into him. It was Whitney. She was smirking. The whole thing was a big act of Fake Tears. Her gamble paid off.

Once she withdrew her right fist, she gave Lurr a mean left hook to his stomach, causing him to reel and clutch his tummy. He held his hand up but found it impossible to speak, like he was hit with a nasty Throat Chop. Whitney then put her all into a focused shoulder tackle, making Lurr fall to the ground. The commotion made Leff turn to see the noise.

"W-what the heck just happened?!" He stammered as he saw Whitney stance up, smoldering her fists as his pal, Lurr was reeling and writhing with pain on the floor.

"C'mon, I'm a Goldenrod Girl, of course I know how to fight!" Whitney dug her heels into the ground, entirely expecting an actual fisticuff fight with the big burly Rocket grunt.

But it wasn't meant to be.

Leff dropped his radio and began to cry out in the hallway, running to see if any Grunts could provide back up. Whitney saw him dash out and sighed, wiping a bit of sweat off her brow. "Phew. Maybe it was for the best he was a scaredy-cat. Gosh, mental note to thank Chuck later for those self-defense courses." Whitney dipped down and dug the key out from Lurr's pocket, and opened up the cabinet.

"One, two, three, four, five, and six. OK! We're good to go!" She grabbed her Poké Balls and began to head out of the room to continue thwarting Team Rocket's takeover. Her sneaker bumbled against the radio walkie-talkie that Leff had left behind. Her action caused it to turn on. She looked down and heard a voice.

"Leff? Lurr? You better not be jamming the freq for no reason." It was a distinctly feminine voice coming from the other end. Whitney picked the mic up.

"Hey, whoever you are? If you so much as lay a hand on DJ Mary, you're in for a world of hurt!"

"W-Whitney?! You little b-" click.

Chapter 3.
"Ah, it's you. Aren't you that kid that helped that squirt beat Proton back at the Slowpoke Well? No matter. I'm not him, which means you're going to lose." His voice was equal parts cocky and cold. Bugsy backed up, and Archer relished in the visual exhaustion of his two Pokémon.

"Looks like your pride and joy aren't so fast now, huh? You know what Bugs hate? A little bit of flame." Suddenly, a hot sear began to torch its way towards the two Pokémon. Scyther deflected the flames a bit using its scythes while Scizor recoiled in horror, but it was clear the fire was going to be too much for the two.

"Come back!" Bugsy returned his two aces to their Poké Balls, and cursed himself under his breath for letting them get this tired. He would see a dark, sauntering canine make its way towards him. Archer's trusty Houndoom. It snarled, and black smoke would billow from its nostrils.

"Now I don't know what you're doing meddling in our plans again." Archer lifted Bugsy by the collar of his ascot, nearly choking the poor boy. "But I advise you'd stop it. Your girlfriend is inside that tower, you know. I'd hate it if anything were to happen to h-UURRRGK!" He cried out as Bugsy used his catching net as a polearm to poke the Rocket Admin in his abdomen. Defiantly, Bugsy scowled at the criminal. Archer loosened his grasp. Bugsy was freed, but he was stuck between a rock, and a hot, snarling place.

"You little-...! Nnngh, struck a nerve, did I? No matter. Like I said earlier, all your Pokémon will be burnt to a crisp from Houndoom's flames."

Bugsy listened to his words, and primed up a Poké Ball. He smirked. "You really think I wouldn't have experience dealing with that? You Rocket guys have a bad habit of underestimating everyone else. No wonder you lose all the time!." Bugsy threw his Poké Ball down, and soon, a hero of justice, called into action would appear.

The Net Ball would let out steam, and then suddenly the mist would dissipate. Before Houndoom would stand a Pokémon defiantly looking up at it, a Pokémon who also shared its Dark typing. With its arms crossed, it began to leer at the canine Pokémon. Houndoom didn't back down, but it did begin to sweat.

"Lokix!" The Pokémon cried out its name, and once Archer got his footing back, was surprised to see a Pokémon he never saw before. Still, it would burn all the same.

"You think that little grub can stop me?! Houndoom, Flamethrower, now!" Bugsy dodged to the left once Archer gave his command, and Lokix to the right. Houndoom would continue to aim its stream of flames towards the Grasshopper, aiming to sandwich it by a building wall and some flames.

Bugsy began to sweat. "Shoot!" He couldn't let Lokix get burnt... a judgment call had to be made. The fire began to slowly approach Lokix, holding up an arm to brace itself from the oncoming heat. Bugsy used his quick wit; he'll have to use Lokix's speed to his advantage. "Lokix! Cross that fire!" Without hesitation, the spring-loaded legs of the Pokémon kicked into full gear, hopping off the wall and launching it through the flames. While lightly singed, it was no worse for wear. Lokix now entered Showdown Mode. Knowing he only had a bit of time to claim victory from the jaws of defeat, Bugsy continued to command Lokix.

"Go, Lunge!" The Bug-and-Dark type would launch itself at Houndoom.

"Thunder Fang!" Archer barked, but Houndoom's teeth met no flesh. The Bug made contact with the dog, forcing Houndoom's nails to scratch the ground as it was pushed backward. Houndoom's confidence was beginning to crack, while Lokix was just getting started.

"Wow, it's so fast!" Bugsy thought to himself, enamored with the sheer coolness of Bug Pokémon, even now in the midst of battle. "Okay, that's it, I'm ending this! Lokix, use Axe Kick!"

"Now, Dark Pulse!"

Archer's Houndoom gathered evil energy and launched it at the leaping insect, but Lokix was just too quick. It jumped high in the air, high enough to eclipse the sun. Houndoom couldn't look directly at it, but it was able to see the Pokémon flip forward, careening towards it like a meteor and come down heel first.

"W-what is that?!" Archer began to tremble, and Lokix's body came down with an air-cutting shriek. Its leg would land squarely on Houndoom's skull, dead center. The Pokémon would leap and bound off, turning its back to the canine, and cross its arms. At that moment, Houndoom's pain forced it to tumble over, it being properly KO'd from the damaging strike. It fell with a thud, and Archer called it back. The Rocket Grunts didn't want to risk their Pokémon to Bugsy's new avenger from the Paldea region. They just backed off and let him be.

"Lokix! You did awesome buddy!" He gave the grasshopper a hug, before letting it cool off from Showdown back in his ball. "Gotta go Archer. See you never, hopefully." And with that, Bugsy ran off to catch up with Whitney, leaving the Rocket Admin to tear at his hair.

"HOW. DO. I. KEEP. LOSING. TO TOTAL BRATS?!" Archer seethed, grabbing at his hairline with such intensity that it began to draw blood. A nearby grunt took notice.

"H-hey boss, you alri-" he was smacked straight across the jaw, sending him flying as Archer let loose a powerful backhand. He sighed, calming himself and wiping his forehead of the crimson liquid and adjusted his tie. "No problem. Those goodie goodie two shoes will get their day of reckoning. I'll make sure of it."

"Bugaboo!" Whitney cried out as Bugsy made his way through the heaps of defeated Rocket grunts. He ran into her arms, her twirling around as they embraced. She dotted a peck onto his forehead, past his lavender hair locks, and smiled. "Awgh I knew you could do it!" Whitney giggled, pushing Bugsy's hair up to get a better look at his face. He couldn't help but to blush a light carnation and grin.

"They didn't give you much trouble, did they?" He asked.

"Eh, had a bit of a rough spot, but I'm doin' okay now!"

"Glad to hear it! Alright, Mary's room is just up ahead, right?" The two jogged down the hall to a door leading to a room they were familiar with; Mary's interview studio. Whitney barged the door open with a powerful shoulder tackle, stopping dead in her tracks once she got to see who was inside.

Chapter 4.
Her friend, DJ Mary, was tied up to her chair. Next to her was a woman sitting on the table. Her legs were crossed, and she looked as casual as could be. Her blood red hair and devilishly good looks was a dead giveaway. She was Ariana, matriarch of Team Rocket.

"Another Radio Tower hostage plot? Real original there, Team Rocket. Have you just ran out of ways to lose?" Whitney joked, everything for her has gone so far so good, and she expected this to be just the same.

"You sure like talking big game, little missy. Which is quite impressive given how your friend's life is at stake." Mary began to hyperventilate, as Ariana flashed her a smile. Whitney was confused, but gathered her confidence to try and whip out a Poké Ball. However, Ariana was quicker on her draw, and what she pulled out wasn't a Poké Ball, but instead, a gun.

A rust-colored luger was whipped out from her hind pocket as she aimed it at Whitney. A sneer came from her as she then pointed the uncomfortably cold barrel at Mary's temple. All color left Whitney's face, and Bugsy began to feel his knees grow weak.

"You so much as make a single step towards me, and Mary gets it." She punctuated her point by jamming the gun even harsher against Mary's temple, making her whimper in pain. The room fell dead silent, until it was broken by a very nervous, shuddering whimper from Mary., and seeing her friend in such distress made Whitney cry, for real this time. And this wasn't a usual good cry, either. Once more the stream of tears began to roll down her face. Her lips seized. Not a pretty sight.

"W-w-we'll do anything just, just pllleeeaaaaaase…." Her voice cracked. She stayed as stiff as a boulder, both grieving and obeying, which brought a smirk to Ariana's face. Bugsy felt sweat trickle down his cheek. He has to do something, and quick. With Ariana focusing on Whitney's crying however, he figured he could slowly and sure bring both of his arms behind his back. With slow, calculated silence, he was able to reach for a Poké Ball.

"Oh? Anything? Gee, you squirts really should choose your words more carefully." Ariana began to grow a crude, shrewd, vicious grin on her lipstick-coated lips. "Maybe I'll let you go after I shoot you in the leg, Whit. Hm? Sure it'll hurt and you'll cry forever and ever, but at least your radio star friend over here is fine?" Ariana relished in the despair she was giving the three. It was almost intoxicating to give Whitney what for. It was the only thing she could focus on. It felt so good to be bad. "Oh! Maybe I should just unload a slug into your nerdy little boyfriend next to you, hah?" The very thought of it turned Whitney's cheeks red. Her head was emanating heat and her eyes slammed shut with such intensity it bore wrinkles on her face. Perish the thought. "Oh hoh, look at you cry. Mmmph, I could just-"

Her rant was cut short by an unknown force tugging at her hair. It came from behind her head. It creeped her out so much that she yelped, throwing her arms up as her luger discharged a shot into the ceiling, shooting a light out. Sparks rained onto the table below. Mary flinched in her chair, but the distraction was useful enough. Ariana quickly gathered herself, but now Mary's chair was knocked over and on the floor, and the interview table made it too difficult for her to get a good shot. She looked at the hallway, and couldn't see where Bugsy nor Whitney went to, but she did see a floating husk.

"YOU!" Without hesitation, she fired a bullet at the beige orb floating in front of her. It penetrated the husk, but alas, it didn't move at all. Instead, it would launch its own barrage of String Shot at the Admin, gluing her arms to her sides and wrapping her torso up as a cocoon.

Just then, Whitney dashed in the darkness, suddenly throwing Ariana to the ground with gusto. She went to Mary and began to undo the ropes, her face red and wet from her worry. "Did she hurt you? Did she hurt…you?" Her voice was shaky with anger, fear, remorse, and compassion all at once for her friend.

"Whitney, I'm fine, what about you and Bugsy?" Mary replied, with Bugsy making himself known now having hidden in the corner.

"You little….oooough, the rest of the Rocket Gang is gonna have a field day with you two once we get our hands around your necks!" Ariana cried out, writhing uselessly on the floor like a beetle turned onto its back. She would see clearly now that the Pokémon that got the better of her was a Shedinja. And Steel-Type techniques don't mean anything when you consider its Wonder Guard.

"YOU BE QUIET!" Whitney glared back at Ariana, who felt a chill went down her spine. The Gym Leader's hands were balled up into fists as she gazed with pure anger. Her lips pursed into an intense frown. She stared daggers at the woman. The Rocket admin herself actually felt terrified for once in her life.

"You guys are criminals but this is too much, even for YOU. You're lucky I'm not someone who's willing to hit someone while they're down, because if I was, I'd…OOOOOH-" Whitney's anger got her to a fever pitch before Bugsy grabbed at her arm to calm her down. "Whit. Hey, it's okay, she's not worth it." She relented, but just continued to stare at the red-haired woman before her, who was now running her outfit damp with sweat. Whitney let out one more huff with flared nostrils as she turned so she couldn't look at Ariana. Couldn't stand the sight of her any how.

Bugsy sighed; he was glad he was able to get this situation mostly resolved, but he couldn't do it without his bugs. "And I'll be taking this from you. Shedinja, String Shot this too, please." The purple-haired boy grabbed the luger and raised it up. Shedinja's sticky webbing hit the pistol, effectively gluing it to the wall. The contraband weapon was encased in a sticky solution now, never to threaten anyone again hopefully. It was then that Whitney crashed into Bugsy with enough force to almost topple him over. This hug wasn't a romantic one this time, but an earnest one of trust. She was rapidly whispering, repeating herself with a barrage of "thank you"s into his ear, with his action saving the three of them from grave danger, with additional kisses doting the top of his head. Bugsy turned to her, sighed, and nuzzled his head into the nape of her neck. He closed his eyes and smelled her natural scent. His arms were wrapped around her waist. They needed this little reprieve in their stressful day, and at this moment, it felt like all was well.

"Alright." Whitney patted at Bugsy's shoulders and stood up. "Those Rocket guys are still out there and we're not done with them yet. Mary, do you have any idea of where they might be next?"

Mary shook her head. "N-no, it was all so sudden."

Bugsy began to think a bit and scratched at his chin. "Do we have a floorplan we could look at really quick?"

Mary nodded, and pulled one out from a near-by binder. They all looked at Ariana.

"I'm not telling you kids squat." She hissed.

Shrugging her off, they noticed that there seemed to be a whole basement to the Radio Tower. Normally, it was off limits to anyone but custodial staff. Bugsy went wide-eyed.

"That's why they set off the charges in the Tunnel! They weren't trying to destroy the tunnel, they were trying to break into the basement!"

"But why? What's down there that isn't up here?"

Mary gasped. "Our central energy source to the Tower is there. While I run my radio show up here, it isn't out of the question to use that and hijack the radio station to play anything."

"So that's their plan, then, huh…" Whitney furrowed her brow and crossed her arms. "Well we got to stop them. Bugsy, care joining me in the basement?"

He nodded with a confident smile on his face. "Thank you so much Mary! Keep an eye on her. They say Shedinja's webbing can last a whole week!" Bugsy stuck his tongue out.

"WHAT?!" Ariana's screaming and cursing were the last things Bugsy and Whitney heard as they scurried down flights of stairs to head to the basement. They effortlessly defeated Rocket grunts on the way down.

Mary breathed a sigh of relief, looking at Ariana. The redhead looked upset…. But then Mary heard a very faint beeping. She paid it no mind, blaming it on stress based tinnitus, but Ariana's face cracked a smile too. That couldn't be good.

FINAL.
"Whitney," Bugsy began to talk. "Don't you feel like… I dunno, like there's something else going on here?"

"Hm?" Whitney replied back as the two ran from floor to floor. "Oh, yeah, I think I know what you mean. Sorry, just, just a little shaken up from having a gun pulled on me. If they're willing to go to these lengths, it really makes you wonder what they're even planning…"

Bugsy fiddled with his Rotom Phone. "Crap, no service… Wait! I still have my Poké Gear. Hold on. Lemme send a message to some friends." Bugsy was able to page Morty, Jasmine, and Falkner, but who knows how long they'd take.

The heroes eventually found their way to the basement. There was a loud, low hum filling the air, alongside the occasional noise of sparks. Visibility wasn't very good either. The blasts from earlier blew a hole in the side from the Tunnel. Team Rocket must have been down here for ages. They'd find a massive hall, and at the other end was a generator being manipulated by two Electabuzz. Whatever they were doing, it wasn't anything good. They took two steps forward, before being cut off by the sound of "Ah ah ah!" echoing off the walls.

From behind some pillars walked two men. One with a hand on his cap, his contrapasto stance giving him a sense of coolness. His emerald green hair reflected what little lighting existed down here. Proton. The other man simmered, almost slithered in with his hands at his sides held in his pockets. Scraggy purple facial hair and a hardly kempt tuft on his head made his unorthodox attitude stick out from the crowd. Petrel.

"This is as far as you runts go. I mean, didn't your mommies tell you it wasn't a good idea to go sticking your noses in places where it don't belong?" Petrel chuckled, bringing a hand back to rub at his neck and pop some joints before shooting it back down. "Proton, make sure the Electabuzz do their thing overloading the battery. I'll dish out the spanking." The man with the hat nodded and went to tending the Electabuzz.

Bugsy was looking at his team. Not expecting a real fight today, he saw that his three Pokémon were all tired out. Whitney put her hand in front of him. "I got this." She stepped forward, looking as determined as ever to settle a score with Team Rocket.

"Oh? So little missy wants to wear the pant-"

"Shut up." Whitney snapped back, cutting off Petrel and his petty taunt. He stammered, not expecting to be talked back to.

"Argh, whatever! I won't let someone like you get in the way of our goal. Go, Machamp!" Petrel tossed his Ultra Ball out, and out came the Fighting-type with rippling muscles, cracking the joints in its four hands and giving a cocky grin.

Whitney defiantly smiled back, and let her Poké Ball go. "Come on out, Lickilicky!"

Out came a rotund, hot pink Pokémon with an oversized tongue. It merely honked at Machamp, which the burly Pokémon began to laugh at.

"Really? That's it? Machamp, use Cross Chop. Aim for the jugular!" Machamp ran towards Whitney's Pokémon, all four hands glowing like hot metal, and formed an x-shape and sliced right at Lickilicky's neck. Expecting an easy one hit KO, Petrel began to preemptively laugh…until Machamp began to blurt out in confusion.

The hands simply went through Lickilicky. Did the move miss? Petrel couldn't tell, but by all accounts, those dangerous fingers never made contact on flesh.

"Go! Shadow Ball!" The Pokémon launched a dark murky sphere from its mouth. It blasted Machamp right in the abs with cursed energy, making the 'mon grip at it's gut.

"Agh, whatever! Machamp, Frustration!" Machamp gazed at Petrel. It turned back to Lickilicky as steam emanated from it's body. It rushed towards the Tongue Pokémon with a lariat…and ran through it.

"What the?!" Petrel was very confused by Machamp's total whiff. In fact, it wasn't a whiff…it was totally unaffected by it. What's going on?!

"Flamethrower." From its large mouth, Lickilicky began to babble out a hot stream of fire, scorching the back of the Machamp. It turned around and managed to fan off the flames with a few quick arm swipes, but now it was getting mad. Very mad.

"Machamp, Stone Edge!"

"Finish it off with Foul Play!"

Machamp's anger was leveraged into a harsh, powerful stomp. The ground began to break apart, with shattered earth flying uowards. Sharp stones would fill the air, with Lickilicky dashing through them at an impressive speed. An unnatural speed.

"What is that?!" Petrel was totally confused. Foul Play? This insane speed? This was no ordinary Lickilicky. The Pokémon would make contact with Machamp with its tongue and swiping it off its legs, using its own strength against it. Machamp let out a loud grunt, and began to murmur, having finally been defeated. Petrel felt like he was going crazy, but then he noticed that the stones had cut through Lickilicky. In fact, it looked less like a wound, and more like an inflatable toy was punctured.

The pink outer mass began to slough off into a slurry of goop. A much thinner creature was inside of Lickilicky, or more accurately, there never was a Lickilicky at all. Sharp, yellow eyes gazed at Petrel, looking both uncaring and menacing at once. A wild white mane was tipped with red and pink fur, going in every which way with a mind of its own. The mystifyingly gorgeous Pokémon crawled it's way back to Whitney, standing up on its hind legs to hug its trainer as its fur surrounded them both like a fog.

"Zoroark…" the Pokémon finally said its name. Whitney smiled, the kitsune-like Pokémon nuzzling up against her while it worked the pain from the Stone Edge off. She scratched lovingly at its chin, and the Pokémon gave little happy chitters. The pink haired girl just looked at Petrel and gave a coy little tease and stuck out her tongue. "She's a real beauty, isn't she?"

"H-how did… Petrel felt an icy chill go down his spine. He'd never seen that Pokémon before, and was totally shocked and taken aback by everything he saw. He recalled Machamp back to its ball, but before he could even try to reach for another Pokémon, he was stopped.

"Don't even bother Petrel. Check it." The battery was indicating it was fully charged, and the Electabuzz that surrounded it were dizzy and knocked out. The two Rocket Admins grinned, with a confused look showing on the two Gym Leaders' faces.

"Wait, I thought you were draining energy from the generator?" Bugsy bemused.

"Tch. Aren't you supposed to be the smart kid? We're overloading it." Proton slapped the side of the crackling piece of hardware, sticking a detonator on it. "With one button press," Proton pulled out a small device with a red button on it, "all the energy from here is going to be transferred wirelessly to detonators we planted at the top of Radio Tower!"

"What?!" The couple screamed in unison.

"We were gonna just take the tower like last time, but this time we have a plan B! And if you two would've just kept your noses out of this, it wouldn't have come to this. But now you runts will learn that it you mess with Team Rocket, it'll only end in tragedy!"

The two began to run for Proton, but it was no use with a loud click, his thumb slammed on the button. All parties involved flinched, expecting a huge explosion… but nothing.

"H-huh…?" Proton gazed at the generator. It was still full. He mashed the button rapidly, but nothing.

"Wh-whats going on now?! These detonators worked earlier today!"

Suddenly, a harsh gust of air filled into the basement, coming in from the hole from the blasts earlier. It blew debris into the basement, and then in would walk a pair of friendly faces.

Whitney turned around, gasped loudly. A huge, bright smile came on her face.

"Jasmine!"

Bugsy turned around too and saw another one of his friends.

"Falkner!"

The woman in the white dress crossed her arms, while Falkner ran his fingers through his cerulean blue hair. His Skarmory was behind them, followed by Jasmine's Magnezone.

"Team Rocket, your deeds end here." Falkner stated plainly, staring at Proton and Petrel with scorn. He let out a dismissive scoff, which blew his hair.

"Me and Falkner flew here when we got Bugsy's message. We saw those charges on the Radio Tower from a mile away, literally. My Magnemite and Magneton easily took them off. You're out of options." Jasmine explained, leading to Bugsy and Whitney cheering while Petrel let out a defeated sigh.

"Yeah, they got us dead to rights. C'mon Proto-" his voice was cut off as he was rapidly shaken by his colleague.

"HOW ARE YOU NOT UPSET AT THIS?! THIS WAS HOW WE'RE SUPPOSED TO FIND GIOVANNI, AND YOU'RE JUST HERE GIVING UP?!" Proton gnashed through his fearsome teeth at his fellow Admin, but Petrel just sighed.

"There's always gonna be time." Petrel replied, his laid-back demeanor coming through.

"Yeah, and you're gonna do the time, too." Proton and Petrel's hearts sank as they turned to the voice. There was one more familiar face behind Jasmine and Falconer; Officer Jenny.

"You guys got a real laundry list of charges y'know. Enough to put all of you away for a good long while." She spoke with a hand on her hip.

Proton scoffed. "Yeah, as if you could catch u-" suddenly he felt his wrist lock up. He heard laughter. Giggling, even. "Wh-what the hell?!"

"I'll take that." From the shadows out stepped Morty, as his Gengar was the one holding Proton in place. Gengar would take the detonator, and paralyze Proton with an ice cold Lick. Everyone was here, and they could all make their way back upstairs, the villains in tow.

Once they were all outside, Whitney and Bugsy took a look around. The streets had some damage to them from the underground blasts. There were already repair crews with Machoke to try and do some of the early work, but there was no way this would be cleaned up quickly.

"...It hurts me to think about what they could've done if we weren't here." Whitney said in a rather somber tone.

"There's always gonna be bad actors in this world, Whitney." Bugsy replied. "Besides, look at them." He pointed to just about every Rocket grunt lined up with their arms cuffed. Except for Ariana, who was still stuck in Shedinja webbing. "If it weren't for us, then all those criminals would still be out there."

Whitney thought about it, and smiled. She rubbed Bugsy's head of hair, intentionally ruffling it up. "Yeah, you're right. We really gave 'em what for, huh?"

Bugsy chuckled and nodded. "Yeah, but we also couldn't have done it without Falkner and Jasmine and Morty."

Morty scoffed. "Aw, I didn't do that much. But I appreciate the thought." He slung and arm over Falkner who quietly yelped and blushed. "I'd give more credit to Jasmine and Falkner, though."

"But really, you two did a lot of heavy lifting." Jasmine spoke, smiling at her friend. "Actually, how did Bugsy get here so quick?"

Bugsy nervously tugged at his collar. "M-me and Whitney were uh, o-on a date." Whitney giggled; she loved how bashful her boyfriend could be. "I was here the whole time."

It was then that the five friends were interrupted by a sight familiar to Bugsy. It was the Aroma Lady from earlier. "Hey, excuse me!" The lady approached Bugsy with a kind smile, who then bowed. Bugsy smiled and welcomed her, while the other Gym Leaders just waved.

"Hello, I think the officer told me your name was… Bugsy, right? I just wanted to let you know that what you did means a lot to us, but me, especially. I ran that floral shoppe in the Tunnel so I could make enough to help my daughter go to school, but it was… well, destroyed in the blast." Bugsy felt a pretty harsh twinge of sadness when she heard that.

Whitney crossed her arms, feeling some rage well up in her. "So many people make their livelihood in the Underground Tunnel, and Team Rocket basically ruined it for a few weeks and some shoppes…and for what? To just lose?!"

The Aroma Lady nodded. "It is tragic, but I just wanted to let you know that I'll be fine because I thankfully insured everything. However, I came here because he had bought flowers from me. Gracidea ones, actually." Whitney pipped up, remembering the moment right before the blast.

"Wow, I've heard about those back when I visited Sinnoh!" Jasmine added.

"And, because of your efforts Bugsy, I can live to sell more flowers another day. So, for free of charge, and as a thank you, here." From her bag, she pulled out a much larger bouquet of Gracidea. Its beauty was enough to make all of them wide-eyed.

"Normally these would be my most expensive set of flowers, but life has no price on it." The Aroma Lady looked at Whitney and giggled. "And neither does love. Here, Bugsy." She handed it to the short boy; the bouquet was so big it practically hid his face from Whitney.

"And here, Whitney. I know our date had some rocky moments today, but I hope this makes up for it." Bugsy presented the gift to her, as the setting sun's light reflected off of the petals of the flowers.

Her eyes once again began to shimmer with tears, but those were most certainly happy tears. She took the bouquet and held it to her chin. She took a nice long sniff of their pleasant aroma. It was so refreshing. A small sob of joy came from her, before she pulled Bugsy in for a hug and kissed him on his lips, streams of her tears running onto his face. He enjoyed how their cooler temperature contrasted with his warm skin. The kiss was sensual and drawn out, before she pulled back and they rested their foreheads on each other.

Bugsy turned back to the lady. "Thank you so much ma'am. What's your name?"

"You can call me Muriette. I'm glad you two are so happy. Keep in touch, okay?" She waved as she walked away, soon vanishing into the crowd that surrounded the Gym Leaders, giving them a round of applause for saving Goldenrod City. Bugsy and Whitney gave each others' lips one more peck, and let their fingers interlock, as they began to head in for the night.

Please note: The thread is from 10 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom