• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warrior of Fire

This is the Monado's power!
Reaction score
main thread: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f424/pokemon-platinum-dx-149889/
OOC thread: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f429/pokemon-platinum-dx-ooc-149899/
Pokemon Platinum DX (Deluxe) is an expanded telling of Pokemon Platinum Version rated (using ESRB rating identifiers) E10+ (standard Pokemon rating jargon, with a small amount of light romance possible (light romance just means a relationship that develops between two different characters of opposite genders (personally, I have no problem with the other way (despite not liking it, but those who go this way have every right to, so I won't stop you), but it would just be too wierd here, so nothing personal) and doesn't become too graphic (just stating "Character A kissed Character B" is a perfect description without forcing a specific visualization on everyone). Each player will take on the roll of a fledgeling Pokemon Trainer throughout a journey throughout Sinnoh following an extended plot featuring three heroes, one for each member of the legendary Creation Trio. Overall, player gender has no effect on the overall roll your main character will play, but for the heroes of time and space, gender does play an important roll in whether he or she is that hero, as the hero of time* will be male and the hero of space will be female. The hero of anti-matter won't be so picky (this is entirely due to the color of the Poketch based on your gender in the Sinnoh-based games and matches the color of the guardian of time and space). The heroes will all have a rival who uses a starter Pokemon (not necessarily a true starter (Turtwig, Chimchar, and Piplup)) with a type advantage over the player character's starter, and can range from being that character's friend to being a recurring antagonist (in the vien of Silver from the Johto-based games and not a member of Team Galactic) who eventually becomes friendly. Other player's rivals may or may not be included as a case-by-case selection. Also note that the heroes' hometowns are Twinleaf Town (time), Sandgem Town (space), and Jubilife City (anti-matter), and, as my character shall be the hero of time, the first female player character accepted who's from Sandgem will be the hero of space and the first player character accepted (either gender) who's from Jubilife will be the hero of anti-matter. Of course, this will be ignored if you don't wish to be the hero (easiest way is to choose not to have a rival, but you can explicitly state that you don't want to be a hero if your character fits the criteria)

PLOT
Welcome to the Sinnoh region, a region full of myths, legends, and, of course, Pokemon! As a new Trainer, you will travel throughout Sinnoh, catching many Pokemon, encountering other Trainers, battling the eight Gym Leaders, and have run-ins with the villainous Team Galactic. At the culmination of the war against Team Galactic, the heroes of time, space, and anti-matter will be selected by the respective guardians atop the Spear Pillar.

RP MECHANICS
The game will start off simply: each player character and rival (if applicable) will receive his/her starter Pokemon from Prof. Rowan or a family member (or other reasonable means) at level 5. Wild encounters will use the encounter rates listed in the Bulbapedia Platinum walkthrough with some minor changes based on whether a certain Pokemon appears in Platinum or not (in these cases, the encounter rate for the most common Pokemon will be reduced by 1%, which that missing Pokemon will gain; the locations will be based on their Diamond/Pearl locations). Encounters with wild Pokemon will, like in the games, be pseudo-random (I'm still working on how to determine how to make it work without issue), and players will always win wild encounters except in extreme cases (in which case the player will have a 100% escape rate unless otherwise blocked). Winning a wild encounter works one of two ways: knocking the Pokemon out or catching it. The plot encounters (Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, etc.) can never be run from, and you will have your entire team fully healed before going into the battle (except for the Lake Guardians unless you take precautions to ensure it (Mesprit, due to being a roaming Pokemon, can have the Repel trick used to attempt a capture)). Except for the Gym Leaders, key Team Galactic members (Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, and Cyrus), other players, other player's rivals, the Elite Four, and Cynthia, each battle you participate in is controlled by you, while I'll control the others (except for other players and their rivals, which they'll control (rivals lose, but players can set up who wins via PM between the two with myself involved (if possible) so I can moderate to ensure a fair battle) (the three heroes have a slightly higher win chance against the non-hero player characters, but do not have a guaranteed win in player vs. player battles)), unless my character is up against a key NPC, in which case another player will control them. Like in the games, each Pokemon can only learn four moves and, if attempting to learn a fifth, will have to forget a move if you wish to gain the new move. Levels will be one of the harder mechanics to replicate, so instead of using the entire experience calculations based on level differences, the experience yield of opposing Pokemon will be a scaled variant of the experience yield of that Pokemon as found on its Bulbapedia page based on it's level (100% scale is level 50 and will vary from there with up to 49% off (levels 1-49) or up to 50% extra (51-100)). To calculate damage, we'll use this link to Smogon's damage formula for Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum: http://www.smogon.com/dp/articles/damage_formula. Each Pokemon's stats will be a scaled base stat (the base stats listed for that Pokemon will be their level 100 stats and thus be refered to as full (100%) scale, the lowest being 1% at level 1). And finally, only information accurate up to generation IV (including the gen IV learnsets) will be used, so make sure that you ignore hidden abilities and abilities introduced in gen V (on the list found at Ability - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia, the final ability as of gen IV is #123 (Bad Dreams)) with each of your Pokemon (you can choose which ability you get if there are two that exist in gen IV)

RULES
  1. no godmodding
  2. follow E10+ standards
  3. no tennising
  4. no legendaries (the only ones allowed to be captured, except for Pokedex pages being filled (after which it must be released), are the Creation Trio and the Lake Guardians)
  5. If you have read these rules, place ZoME3 tycu somewhere in your sign-up, exactly as it shows.

SIGN-UP SHEET
Bold is required, itallic is optional, and whatever is after the section headings is a description needed for that heading in this game.
Name: (only first name, no last name)
Appearance: (anything fitting a young Trainer in Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum)
Personality:
Hometown: (any of the towns or cities in Sinnoh (game locations)
Starter Pokemon: (if choosing to get a Sinnoh-native starter aside from Rowan's choices (it could even be one that your character got before the story started if it is one of those three), it must be a common, unevolved Pokemon that you can get legitly in Platinum at level 5 (those who gained a baby pre-evolution can be chosen if they would be produced from an egg without using an incense)
Secret Word:

RIVAL
This uses mostly the same information as the sign-up sheet, but except for those applying to be one of the heroes, is completely optional.
Name: (only first name, no last name)
Appearance: (anything fitting a young Trainer in Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum)
Personality:
Hometown: (any of the towns or cities in Sinnoh (game locations)
Starter Pokemon: (if choosing to get a Sinnoh-native starter aside from Rowan's choices (it could even be one that your character got before the story started if it is one of those three), it must be a common, unevolved Pokemon that you can get legitly in Platinum at level 5 (those who gained a baby pre-evolution can be chosen if they would be produced from an egg without using an incense) (has a type advantage over the player character)

MY SIGN-UP (ALSO THE EXAMPLE)
Player:
Name:
Michael
Appearance: blue jeans, black shoes, red t-shirt, black and blue jacket, red baseball cap, brown hair and eyes, and red backpack
Personality: Michael is a caring and determined person. He is quick to help settle issues between his friends, including his best friend Barry.
Hometown: Twinleaf Town
Starter Pokemon: received from Prof. Rowan on Route 201
Secret Word: ZoME3 tycu

Rival
Name: Barry
Appearance: orange-and-white striped long-sleeved t-shirt, green scarf, black pants, brown shoes, brown bag slung over his shoulder, blond hair, and orange eyes
Personality: Barry is very hyperactive and easily distracted. He is incredibly determined and it is nearly impossible to discourage him. Also is a braggart but does have a soft side.
Hometown: Twinleaf Town
Starter Pokemon: received from Prof. Rowan on Route 201 (type advantage over Michael's starter)

*This is in no way related to the Hero of Time of Legend of Zelda fame.

Last edited:
Name: Jewel
Appearance: Long brown hair that reaches to mid chest and blue eyes. Stands at 5'3'' and wears a long sleeved white shirt, black hooded vest and blue jeans with black & white sneakers. Her bag is like wise black.
Personality: Jewel is honest and caring being not afraid to speak her mind to anyone. She cares greatly about pokemon and loves to learn about them. She cannot stand anyone who would dare to harm them or even another person. She doesn't mind social interaction but doesn't mind being alone either.
Hometown: Jubilife City
Starter Pokemon: Shinx-Male-Nicknamed Diamond. Obatined as an egg from mother's Luxray
Secret Word:ZoME3 tycu

RIVAL
Name: Missy
Appearance: Long platinum blonde hair in a high ponytail. Short pink skirt and white tanktop with a pink vest over it. Wears high heeled pink shoe boots and stands at 5'4'' (without shoes). Eyes are brown.
Personality: Missy is stuck up and rude. She thinks herself better than everyone else and looks down on them. She sees pokemon more as something materialistic than living and will refuse to help others if it doesn't concern her. She is very selfish.
Hometown: Jubilife City
Starter Pokemon: Wurmple (If not then a pokemon from Rowan)

Last edited:
@Yatagarasu: Accepted. If you wish to also be the hero of anti-matter - who'll catch Giratina after the events on Spear Pillar - only a rival is needed. No need to respond to this beyond the acceptance if not.

EDIT: Rival's looking good (and very reminicient of Silver, only female and cares more about money), but the only thing I'd change is the starter. The rivals (with the exception of Bianca in Black and White, and of course Blue in Yellow) typically have a type advantage over the player's starter.

Last edited:
Just as a side note, once all three heroes are confirmed, we'll be able to start the game. As it stands, we're one and a half away from being able to start.

Time: Michael (rival: Barry)
Space: Katherine (Kathy) (rival: Blade)
Anti-matter: Jewel (rival: Missy)

EDIT: All heroes and their rivals are now confirmed.

Last edited:
Name: Katherine ("Kathy")
Appearance: sprite22.png
Personality: Very outgoing, and friendly. She's like Bianca, almost. She's fine with battling, and is actually quite good. She likes to make and be friends, but doesn't like jerks.
Hometown: Sandgem Town
Starter Pokemon: Turtwig

Name: Blade
Appearance: sprite23.png
Personality: Competitive, yet friendly. In terms of rival comparison, he's along the lines of Barry or Hugh. He tries every day to be the best, yet most of the time doesn't mind losing if it was a good game.
Starter Pokemon: Chimchar

Name: Katherine ("Kathy")
Appearance: View attachment 86326
Personality: Very outgoing, and friendly. She's like Bianca, almost. She's fine with battling, and is actually quite good. She likes to make and be friends, but doesn't like jerks.
Starter Pokemon: Turtwig

Name: Blade
Appearance: View attachment 86325
Personality: Competitive, yet friendly. In terms of rival comparison, he's along the lines of Barry or Hugh. He tries every day to be the best, yet most of the time doesn't mind losing if it was a good game.
Starter Pokemon: Chimchar

While the personality descriptions could be a little more, well, descriptive, I like it. You're in.

And now we have enough people to start the game (as Missy's starter isn't that big of a deal as long as she does soon get a Ground-type Pokemon to have a type advantage against Jewel's Shinx). I'll be posting the start up thread and the OOC thread soon.

If you want to notify him use the "mention" script or quote him. Just typing "@[username]" does not work.

Thanks for the tip. I'll make sure to do that next time.

@Yatagarasu: Everything is ready to go once I get the start-up thread posted. Wurmple will be good for your rival's starter, but she will need to catch a Ground-type Pokemon after the first battle between hero and rival.

For mentions to work you have to put a semi-colon after the name.

Also on the note of my rival I put wurmple because there are no ground types that you can get at leve 5 at the beginning of the game. If you want to allow it then I can have her rival start off with geodude.

For mentions to work you have to put a semi-colon after the name.

Also on the note of my rival I put wurmple because there are no ground types that you can get at leve 5 at the beginning of the game. If you want to allow it then I can have her rival start off with geodude.

Thanks for the mention tip. And as mentioned in the post above yours, Wurmple will be okay as a starter with a Ground-type being caught some time after the first battle.

@Axl; If you want to be one of the three heroes, then yes, as those spots have been filled. But there's still room for other trainers who may travel with them, so feel free to sign up. And as you missed the hero deadline, rival's optional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom