• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Excited about the recently announced new Pokémon games? Join us here for discussion and speculation.
  • Visit your account preferences to list your favourite Gen 9 Starter, and you'll get the appropriate badge added to your profile!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Pokemon Platinum Edition: Set for 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

nagrom

Rookie Killer
Reaction score
I know some of you may not believe me, but Pokemon Platinum was recently revealed in the Dec. 2007 edition of Beckett Pokemon Unofficial Collector magazine. (http://www.beckett.com/item/53747295)
For those who own the Magazine, it is on page 4.

The Proof Is In The Pudding (pics)
As above stated, some skeptics may not believe me, but as a precaution to that I have taken a picture of the page that confirmed it.

SEE IN ALL IT'S GLORY: POKEMON PLATINUM!

(click to enlarge)
Sorry for the blurriness, I don't own a scanner, so I had to take it with my digital camera.

Chosen of Mana

Under the Rainbow
Reaction score

Terra Force

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
What is Pokemon Platinum? Any screenshots? ANYTHING?

Last edited by a moderator:

shining-Celebi

Gaga's Backup Dancer!
Reaction score
Pokemon Platinum could be...A SILVER REMAKE OMG!!1111 *shot*

Weird how they would know this 1 year and half from now(Pokemon Platinum).

Ranger is a Dead/Dying Spin-off. I doubt they would release another game based on it.
Japan would get the FIRST news of a new game anyways, since the games get released first over there anyway.

And Beckett Pokemon Collector is a "Fan" Magazine.
Its good for cards, I guess, but that's it.
Its very inaccurate and makes stuff up/messes up on legitimate pokemon news.

Jnoo

WTF?
Reaction score
Screenshots look legit to me. 0_0

Then again, I don't read that magazine at all, so I wouldn't know for sure.

GrnMarvl14

Lying
Reaction score
Screenshots look legit to me. 0_0

Then again, I don't read that magazine at all, so I wouldn't know for sure.

What screenshots? There's nothing on the site linked to, and the magazine scan just shows the cover to one of the Mystery Dungeon 2 games.

And, yeah, an unofficial American Pokemon magazine being the one to unveil not one but TWO games never before heard of? C'mon. Gimme me a break.

Zeta

Bulbapædist
Reaction score
Faked. Beckett's magazines are full of crap. They copy and paste rumors from online shows, literally. They once copied a forum post from a Digimon forum I hung out on into their Digimon magazine.

Jnoo

WTF?
Reaction score
Reasons I don't usually read Breckett: Part 2

Damn.

And here I was hoping they actually told us about PMD2's release date.

*Mumbles off*

Silktree

Not Dead
Reaction score
I find it ironic that confirmation of a stateside release of Mystery Dungeon 2 has to be faked; clearly not everyone is certain of it happening on its own accord.

fate

Reaction score
I hope they didn't base this off the "scans" of the Gold and Silver remakes.

I know they're unofficial, but to go as far as publishing something based on an obvious fake image? >.>

Duckgon Z

Hero in a Half Shell
Reaction score
Also, Nintendo would annouce it first, waaaay before an American Magazine got ahold of it.

Misty

I'm the TRASH MAN! I eat GAHBAGE!
Reaction score
yeah this needs way more evidence, i thought this was a joke

Status
Not open for further replies.