• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Platinum Edition: Set for 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

nagrom

Rookie Killer
Reaction score
I know some of you may not believe me, but Pokemon Platinum was recently revealed in the Dec. 2007 edition of Beckett Pokemon Unofficial Collector magazine. (http://www.beckett.com/item/53747295)
For those who own the Magazine, it is on page 4.

The Proof Is In The Pudding (pics)
As above stated, some skeptics may not believe me, but as a precaution to that I have taken a picture of the page that confirmed it.

SEE IN ALL IT'S GLORY: POKEMON PLATINUM!

(click to enlarge)
Sorry for the blurriness, I don't own a scanner, so I had to take it with my digital camera.

What is Pokemon Platinum? Any screenshots? ANYTHING?

Last edited by a moderator:
Pokemon Platinum could be...A SILVER REMAKE OMG!!1111 *shot*

Weird how they would know this 1 year and half from now(Pokemon Platinum).

Ranger is a Dead/Dying Spin-off. I doubt they would release another game based on it.
Japan would get the FIRST news of a new game anyways, since the games get released first over there anyway.

And Beckett Pokemon Collector is a "Fan" Magazine.
Its good for cards, I guess, but that's it.
Its very inaccurate and makes stuff up/messes up on legitimate pokemon news.

Screenshots look legit to me. 0_0

Then again, I don't read that magazine at all, so I wouldn't know for sure.

Screenshots look legit to me. 0_0

Then again, I don't read that magazine at all, so I wouldn't know for sure.

What screenshots? There's nothing on the site linked to, and the magazine scan just shows the cover to one of the Mystery Dungeon 2 games.

And, yeah, an unofficial American Pokemon magazine being the one to unveil not one but TWO games never before heard of? C'mon. Gimme me a break.

Faked. Beckett's magazines are full of crap. They copy and paste rumors from online shows, literally. They once copied a forum post from a Digimon forum I hung out on into their Digimon magazine.

Reasons I don't usually read Breckett: Part 2

Damn.

And here I was hoping they actually told us about PMD2's release date.

*Mumbles off*

I find it ironic that confirmation of a stateside release of Mystery Dungeon 2 has to be faked; clearly not everyone is certain of it happening on its own accord.

I hope they didn't base this off the "scans" of the Gold and Silver remakes.

I know they're unofficial, but to go as far as publishing something based on an obvious fake image? >.>

Also, Nintendo would annouce it first, waaaay before an American Magazine got ahold of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom