• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Platinum Fake- Hong Kong eBay

sebsim

Reaction score
Hey im soooo angry!!i joined for the benefit of you lot!!!I had been waiting 17 days exactly today and was starting to get annoyed...but luckily xD (or so i thought anyways)My new Pokemon Platinum game for DS game....from Hong Kong Funnily enoughI though whayy bargain £16!!The description describes item as new and sealed.....with instruction booklet (Obviously Genuine.....:)Maybe not!Thats if you call some flimsy bit of polythene wrapped around some scabby DS box with some low quality printed image of a home made platinum cover...a really weird OBVIOUSLY home made back cover showing old leaf green pictures....and thats not the first part!!!Some crusty ass grey cartridge with a tatty fake sticker on it....its not even the same shape as a DS cartridge!!!well if that wasnt bad enough the game dosnt even work properly!Its okay until you go to fight your rival when you get your pokemon 2 minutes into the game then it freezes and the irritating music keeps playing.... and a blank screen appears I can confirm I am VERY ANGRY !!!GRRR waited for so long aswell and i know its fake,because my younger brother has a genuine version from america in which it is very clear its an official product!Ill post some pics if your interested im writing to stop you buying them!!!and thats why i joined!Im seb by the way (Y)

Sorry if I sound rude and all but well this is true.
You have to be some kind of idiot to believe that anything that seems a bargain that comes from hong kong will be real. If you are new to the internet I can understand but yeah if you aren't you learned a valuable lesson. Never trust Chinese markets. Racist I know but how many things come out of there that are legit?

There is nothing wrong with ebay as long as you are smart about what your doing. But yeah, I wouldn't advise buying video games or dvds from china/hong kong or the like as there are so many bootlegs coming from there.

Last edited:
Someone told me that you shouldn't be buying any video games from Hong Kong! Isn't that right, Ketsuban? Yeah, you shouldn't be doing that. All games from Hong Kong are bad.

If it seems too good to be true, it usually is. The best thing to do is to buy something you know is legit. Sorry to hear about it, though, I'd be really upset if it happened to me!

Don't be racist, guys.
I mean, yeah, it's faulty and stupid and all, but that's just harsh.

Of course its harsh when over 95% of their products come out fake or such. Or is it?

Check the feedback, dude. If it's bad, don't buy from them. If it's good, go and trash this guy's.

lol dw guys im sending it back and getting refund (N)
You would of thought NEW AND SEALED means 100% genuine but obviously not.
My bro has an official one and we did comparision

looking through the booklet it shows pictures taken from GAMESPOT
it has the watermark in the corner
its a really bad fake if im honest!

yeah have fun trying to send it back and get a refund. If you accomplish that I am amazed. I have a friend who made the same mistake not twice but thrice and never got a refund.

Lol why be amazed?
Im going to the post office RIGHT NOW
and ill get proof of postage....if not ill get him done for making fake cheapy nock off games :D

From what I have heard from most people, it seems rare to get a refund on these sorts of things. The same sort of thing happened to my brother, he had bought a DS, he managed to get the refund, twice.

Oh. My. God.
I bought the SAME ONE!
I looked for the MOST EXPENSIVE one, hoping it wouldn't turn out to be a fake! I payed I think 40$ for it excluding shipping, from Hong Kong. It freezes all the time, and the box art looks like a photocopy. =/ I can't believe it!

Wow a lot of members are gullible eh? Not surprised Ebay tricks all the new people to the internet.

Someone told me that you shouldn't be buying any video games from Hong Kong! Isn't that right, Ketsuban? Yeah, you shouldn't be doing that. All games from Hong Kong are bad.

I've had enough of your passive-aggressive bullshit.

Enjoy your temp ban.

:(
I was avoiding Hong Kong purchases because I didn't want to wait even longer for my purchase. I pay with echeques so you can imagine why I switch my searches to UK only.

After Grainger Games stopped importing US games I looked on ebay, and was put off many a times: Location Hong Kong, 9.99 but no box/manual, 40 pound for a game that's a month away from release. No, no.

Patience (well patience would of been me waiting a few more weeks XD) paid off, shop called Chipz imported and I'm the proud owner of Platinum :D

I did buy a Scrubs dvd boxset one time, the seller said it was region 2, based in the UK. Two months later, few annoyed emails later I receieved a nice Hong Kong region dvd. Lucky for me and for the idiot seller with his near perfect score my dvd player is regionfree ¬_¬ Gave the guy a neutral instead explaining what happened, he paid me right back with his own neutral saying "thanks". :/ I've had two items not show up at all, with the age old excuse of customs.. so yeah, being careful on ebay is a must.

I'm sorry, but if you get a refund I'd be surprised. It sounds like an obvious fake, and I doubt the seller will even follow through.

My copy's a bootleg too, from Hong Kong, but that's pretty much what I wanted. I'm just interested in the story and stuff, to see the changes. Luckily it's never frozen or had any bugs (so far). Bummer for your copy. :(

But yeah, it mostly has to do with very loose intellectual and corporate ownership laws/rights. I lived in China for a year, and of the DVD shops in town, not one of them sold a legit copy of a movie. It would be too expensive and the DVD shops would go out of business if they tried to sell them. I assume the same is true with the video games there, and it's moved on to eBay.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom