• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Platinum information thread

And what's the point of arguing again? Nothing's gonna change.

The good thing about this is the reverse world... I think... And the Underground Wi-Fi will probably require Friend Codes. Not to mention that if battles aren't at least able to be done, down there it will have just a minor role. There's still the dream of interactivity because of going to other peoples' bases becoming true, though. Anyway... I just hope we'll get more than just a new Battle Frontier. It's high time that a third version of a Pokemon game has a true reason of being released.

What is this ad hominem argument trying to achieve, exactly? For your information, that opinion never pertained to a Yellow remake, but to a Game Freak game released between Emerald and Diamond/Pearl. It wasn't mindless and it had more merit than a rather random application of a formula used in a past game.

What argument? I'm just saying that people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. It's a simple bit of advice, nothing more.

patpok.jpg

Remember this?

0.o

The webmaster has approximated the probability of the rumor's being nothing more than a lie at 80%.

The rumor also stipulates that Regigigas' alleged new form will have Levitate as its ability (as opposed to Slow Start). I strongly doubt that a new form could be so vastly superior to the original Pokémon.

Everything else reeks of the same mindless speculation that so many fans have been spouting for the past year and a half.
If true, do not forget that the stats for the forms are likely to be vastly different as in Normal to Defense Deoxys. I have no doubt that if true, the attack of Regigigas is going to be cut a fair bit while speed may be increased

I knew that! Giratina = Puratina.

Anyway, while I believe this will be the title of the next Pokemon game.

However, I don't believe in everything which Blue skY says. Remember that infamous Zak? Remember "Garinan, Samusamu and Marsula"? These were FAKE information posted by Blue skY. So, don't be so excited about everything he says.

Zak-san!

Although, ironically, the first Gym Leader was exactly as I imagined Zak. :O

Apparently there is a 'Super Big Announcement' about latest game on Pokemon Sunday on May 17th. It will most likely be confirmed at that time.

patpok.jpg

Remember this?

0.o

Maybe that magazine WASN'T as full of crap as we (or at least I) thought... After all, that was before we got word of the second Ranger game. And if those dates are US release dates...they could work (the Ranger one, at least).

Apparently there is a 'Super Big Announcement' about latest game on Pokemon Sunday on May 17th. It will most likely be confirmed at that time.
Cool, but CoroCoro is coming out on the 15th...so we'll know the

...So, can anyone translate that first post decently?

Maybe that magazine WASN'T as full of crap as we (or at least I) thought... After all, that was before we got word of the second Ranger game. And if those dates are US release dates...they could work (the Ranger one, at least).
The dates seem to work out. If Platinum comes out in Japan in September, then a 6-or so month gap till Sping seems likely since that's how it was with most of the other main games.

Which magazine is this?
Dunno. It was posted back in October, and everyone didn't believe it...but now...

And past formula, I mean, that's like Pokemon's life blood dude. :p
I am referring to Emerald's niches, as in the features and concepts that made it special. If the third game simply re-applied that formula and had nothing unique to set it apart, it would be quite the shame, if to put it mildly. I just don't understand what would provoke anyone to pass off fairly mundane speculation as actual news; it is uncreative on the rumor creator's part, and would be ridiculously so on Game Freak's part if they indeed went in that direction.

* Irc, Flint mentioned asking Volkner to join the E4 in DP.
No, Flint wanted the player to bring back Volkner's excitement as a Gym Leader. Volkner had been disillusioned with his role and thought the only way out of boredom was to challenge the Pokémon League, but Flint clearly thought it would be best for Volkner to retain his position. Losing to the player made Volkner regain his enthusiasm and take Flint's advice.

I would hardly call that a foreshadowing of Volkner's leaving his post in the third game.

And you yourself even mentioned how Shaymin's alt form would probably be a second type and be available in Game 3. :X
I also welcome Shaymin's new form as an alternative to Giratina's Origin Form. Opting to use Giratina as the mascot is bad enough on account of its being the predictable outcome, but the Reverse World and Origin Form are too closely tied to the anime by now. Never before has an anime location been embraced by the games. If to make matters worse, the Origin Form would logically have to be restricted to the Reverse World, or the entire experiment of adapting the anime's story would be futile.

Serebii said:
I have no doubt that if true, the attack of Regigigas is going to be cut a fair bit while speed may be increased.
That wouldn't be enough to establish an overall equality. Regigigas' alleged new form would need to have lower base stats in total for an Ability switch not to render it overpowered. Add that to the fact that Regigigas' Sky appearance would in all feasibility be greatly altered as well, what similarities would the two forms even have?

Maxim Gwanjangnim said:
However, I don't believe in everything which Blue skY says.
In his defense, this time he has all but completely denied the validity of the rumor. I don't know what makes everyone else so convinced of the high prospects this rumor has, when the source himself is not.

Cool, but CoroCoro is coming out on the 15th...so we'll know the
Well, in fact blue skY might have info or scans on 13th or 14th. :p

However, I don't believe in everything which Blue skY says. Remember that infamous Zak? Remember "Garinan, Samusamu and Marsula"? These were FAKE information posted by Blue skY. So, don't be so excited about everything he says.

Personally, I'm not excited... Just dissapointed. T_T

By the way... As for Regigigas... Not only do I think that it will turn from BL to uber; I also believe it will be as ugly as possible. It's gonna be tragic.

Beckett's Pokemon Magazine

Beckett's is the most unreliable source for news of any kind. They literally go onto forums and simply copy posts into their magazine. I remember the crazy stuff coming out of their Digimon magazine.

What? The Reverse World's only been mentioned ONCE, and in an unreleased movie (likely it's meant to serve as a preview of what's to come). How is that too closely tied to the Anime? It's not like they're adding the Orange Islands or anything.

I am referring to Emerald's nichés, as in the features and concepts that made it special. If the third game simply re-applied that formula and had nothing unique to set it apart, it would be quite the shame, if to put it mildly. I just don't understand what would provoke anyone to pass off fairly mundane speculation as actual news; it is uncreative on the rumor creator's part, and would be ridiculously so on Game Freak's part if they indeed went in that direction.
Considering they, if this rumour is true, revealed all this stuff in the first CoroCoro info release then the next 3 issues before the game can show us other new features. The Battle Tower was introduced in Crystal, and since then has become a series staple. The Battle Frontier-like arena can become a staple of the 3rd games as well for all we know. And there's likely to be differences between them, such as new types of facilities.

That wouldn't be enough to establish an overall equality. Regigigas' alleged new form would need to have lower base stats in total for an Ability switch not to render it overpowered. Add that to the fact that Regigigas' Sky appearance would in all feasibility be greatly altered as well, what similarities would the two forms even have?

Not true...it could be remuddled completely like Speed Deoxys. Regigigas' total stats are the 12th highest in the game yes, but that just means theres 11 more and they're not totally over-powered. Heck even Slaking has the same total as Regigigas

Beckett's is the most unreliable source for news of any kind. They literally go onto forums and simply copy posts into their magazine. I remember the crazy stuff coming out of their Digimon magazine.

Well, they were the first to report on a sequel to Ranger, and everyone laughed at that. It could be that they did have the goods then.

Habunake said:
Considering they, if this rumour is true, revealed all this stuff in the first CoroCoro info release then the next 3 issues before the game can show us other new features.
The new features should take precedence; the first impression is crucial.

The Battle Frontier-like arena can become a staple of the 3rd games as well for all we know. And there's likely to be differences between them, such as new types of facilities.
I want to see the Battle Frontier make a return (hopefully with new facilities), but it should not be hyped to be a major asset as it was in Emerald's case. In fact, it should receive no more attention than the Battle Tower received in either Ruby/Sapphire or Diamond/Pearl.

Serebii said:
Not true...it could be remuddled completely like Speed Deoxys. Regigigas' total stats are the 12th highest in the game yes, but that just means theres 11 more and they're not totally over-powered. Heck even Slaking has the same total as Regigigas
Speed Deoxys retained Normal Deoxys' type, total base stats and ability. The physical resemblance is also, of course, uncanny, which is more than I can begin to visualize for the hypothetical Sky Regigigas.

A new Regigigas with the same total base stats (not necessarily Attack base stat) and any ability without negative effects (in particular Levitate, which is regarded as one of the most useful abilities) - would be overpowered compared to the original Pokémon.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom