• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Platinum information thread

If this all holds true, and Volkner is bumped to champion... I'd like to see Jasmine take his place as Sunnyshore Gym Leader :D

What makes anyone think Battle Frontier made Emerald too special? While I liked it as an idea, and the fact that some depth was added to in-game fights was great, I don't that the average Pokemon player would give it that much of attention. I'm pretty sure that the rumored reverse world is a much more core addition, considering that the region practically differs from the one on DP. I still think that some new things must be added though... I mean; all right, when the game is released a long time since DP will have passed, but what makes them think that we can play Sinnoh again without anything in between? The time between Emerald and RS seemed a lot, due to FR/LG. I think that a remake would enhance DP3's success.

As for Regigigas, I'm pretty sure it will get to be an uber. Even if they reduced its base stats I think the reduction would be limited. Let's not forget the movesets that can be developed, as well as the fact that it will not have any problem with the probably most used move on the game; Earthquake. And let's suppose its attack and defenced would be reduced by 10 each, or even more... With a speed of 100, it would be practically be unbeatable, not to mention that with Choise Scarf it would be even better.

In other news...
I still think it is tragic... >_>
Only this picture can describe my thoughts:

angelvo7.png

Not getting my hopes up since this is just a rumor, or possibly because I'm in denial and are still waiting for GS remakes rather than the third installment.

Some people think she could use Ampharos, Magnemite, and maybe Magnezone.

I'm going to say I'd be surprised if this - or at least, something similar to this - wasn't confirmed over the course of the next week.

It all seems fairly plausible and on par with what info we've got so far from D/P itself and the movie 11 plot - which could all be based off of this design... who knows? But... yeah.

Obviously, it'd be daft to say anything one way or the other without proper confirmation - but it all sounds pretty likely to me. And that Beckett premonition is freaky as hell, especially if this does all wind up being true. Makes you wonder just where the hell that information came from - especially with an American release for the third game when NOA simply would not have that knowledge available at this stage, let alone back at Halloween.

They could have had an inkling of what was coming (makes sense enough that NOJ would tell NOA that they were at work on one of their bigger franchises and that NOA would have a tentative date for release in mind, though certainly doesn't quite seem like something that would be common knowledge for NOA employees), and somehow that got leaked. Or, if the third game IS in fact Pokemon Platinum, it could all be one big coincidence. I doubt we'll ever know, and I doubt we'll care in a few months.

If an Austrailian Pokemon fan magazine can be privy to future anime plots even before it airs in Japan, why can a fan magazine here get some tidbits about future games?

And wouldn't they try to contact Pokemon USA, not Nintendo of America for this info?

Yeah, I was gonna mention that.

I really need to reconsider the previous taboo of info from non-Japanese sources.

Some people think she could use Ampharos, Magnemite, and maybe Magnezone.

Well, seeing as the last two gym leaders have 4 pokemon, Jasmine should have 4 too. And since this is the last gym leader, I'd doubt a 1st-stager would be used. Plus, both Candice and Volkner use at least one pokemon who doesn't relate at all to their theme, so my possible speculation for her team could be: Ampharos, Magnezone, Pelipper (for the lighthouse-beachbird kind of relationship), and some last pokemon, possibly and most likely electric.

This is assuming that Jasmine does become the last gym leader and Volkner even gets replaced. Although, this would be pre-national dex by then, so this team might need altering. /:(

Regiskygas (see what I did there?) could actually turn out well. They'd need no levitate ability if they were a flying type, and slow start could actually be kept. With Slow Start, it'd actually be in the Uber tier.

*chuckles at Regiskygas* Maybe Jasmine will have Raichu, Luxray, PACHIRISU, Pelipper and uhhh.... maybe a uhh.... i don't know.

Regiskygas (see what I did there?) could actually turn out well. They'd need no levitate ability if they were a flying type, and slow start could actually be kept. With Slow Start, it'd actually be in the Uber tier.

We don't know whether it will be a Flying Type or not. I think it's given, but we don't know as of yet. And why would it be an Uber with Slow Start? Right now it's not even OU, just BL. Even if its type would be changed, I still think it would keep being BL with Slow Start. But like I said, having Slow Start changed with another ability would certainly mean its being an Uber.

If the rumor were true, it would not be a Flying type but have Levitate as its ability. If you don't accept any part of the rumor, you may as well not accept it altogether (which is to say if some parts turned out to be true, it would be a coincidence), from which it follows that it is far more likely that Sky Form will be Shaymin.

The Doctor said:
It all seems fairly plausible and on par with what info we've got so far from D/P itself and the movie 11 plot - which could all be based off of this design... who knows? But... yeah.
Much like the Deoxys movie was all about Sky Pillar, the awakening of Rayquaza and Deoxys' crash onto Birth Island?

I don't see what any previous movies have to do with this at all considering the 11th movie itself already sets itself apart from every other one by being part of a continuity with the 10th. What has been done before is irrelevant.

And wouldn't they try to contact Pokemon USA, not Nintendo of America for this info?

No. Prior to the completion of the localisation, PUSA is out of the loop concerning the games. It's then their job to market them and work with Nintendo while they publish the games.

Doctor Oak said:
What has been done before is irrelevant.
That's taking it too far by a long shot; plot continuity has always been sporadic in the anime, but never quite non-existent. In contrast, the anime has always taken it upon itself to deviate from the games and never borrow too many elements at the same time.

Obviously, there is no rule prohibiting the incorporation of a game concept into a movie, but the fact remains that it has not been done before. For this reason, it should be a surprise to see it happen this time, but you are making it out to be the other way around!

Hey... Wouldn't it be weird for DP3 to be called Platinum? I mean, if you look at it, then the three versions together would be called DPP. Having a third verson with the first letter same as the one of another version never happened before. On the other hand Opal would sound similar to Pearl in japanese... Opaaru and Paaru. -_-

It would appear that the part about Platinum and Origin Form Giratina is true:

uporg1418032.jpg

However, this is the only scan available at this time. Considering that these two details are the less controversial parts of the rumor, there is still no reason to believe the rest of it.

I gleaned the scan from Serebii forums' slowkingsley, whose own source is unspecified.

That looks like the Spear Pillar, and both Dialga and Palkia behind Giratina. So, Giratina interferes with Cyrus's plan? Or maybe Cyrus unwittingly disturbs/summons it.

If this all holds true, and Volkner is bumped to champion... I'd like to see Jasmine take his place as Sunnyshore Gym Leader :D

It's far more likely one of the partner NPCs would take his place.

Back
Top Bottom