• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Platinum information thread

Trainer-c

Pokémon Warlord
Reaction score
A recent post on the blue skY blog suggests that the third Generation IV title is called Pokémon Platinum and is due to be released in September.

634 2008/05/09(金) 00:04:26 ID:???
ポケットモンスター プラチナ 9月下旬発売予定
パッケージはギラティナ。予約特典で特別な技を覚えたコリンクの卵を受け取れるチケット。
バトルフ�*ンティア的�*�在、バトルアイランドあり。
ジ�*リーダーのデンジが抜けて、新�*ャラがジ�*リーダーに。

651 2008/05/09(金) 13:34:51 ID:???
6/19発売。本日より大好きクラブで予約開始。
マップが全て高低が逆転している反転世界。
一部ポケモン特性が変る。蓄電ピカチュウ
ギラティナオリジンフォル�*、ふゆう。
レジギガススカイフォル�*、ふゆう。
シェイミアナザーフォル�*、氷タイプ
地下通路WIFI対応。

【補足など】
※これらの情�*�について、こちらでは真偽の保証はできません。8割方嘘�*と思います。
 下のネタの「本日」は恐らく5月15日(コ�*コ�*発売日)の事。
…まさかデンジが抜けるとは思わなかった。…いや、これはRS→Eの�*�*!
と言う事はシ�*ナさんは山ごもりして、デンジがチャンピオンになるんです�*、わかります

After running this text through a translator program you get this:

As for pocket monster platinum late September sale schedule package [girateina]. The ticket which can receive the egg of [korinku] which remembers special skill with reservation benefit.
There is battle frontier existence and a battle island.
[denji] of the gym leader coming out, new [kiyara] in the gym leader.

651 2008 /05/09 (Friday) 13:34: 51 ID:???
6/19 sales. From this day with favorite club start of reservation.
The map the reversal world where all unevenness has been reversed.
Part [pokemon] quality changes. Accumulation of electricity [pikachiyuugirateinaorijinhuorumu], [hu] [yu] .
[rejigigasusukaihuorumu] and [hu] [yu] .
[shieimianazahuorumu] and ice type underground passage WIFI correspondence.

<Supplementation and the like>
* With this you cannot guarantee authenticity concerning these items of information.You think that it is 8 percentage one lie.
 “Main day” of news item under perhaps May 15th (roller roller sale day) thing.
… [denji] did not think comes out with never.… Well, this is the trap of RS→E!
With as for saying the mountain the [ri] doing [shirona], [denji] becomes the champion, it is with the shank, it is understood

[bp]Pokémon Platinum Version[/bp] Is confirmed and set to release in Japan on September 13th 2008.

Last edited:
Neither did Crystal in the metal generation.

The Japanese 'spelling' for Platinum is プラチナ (Puratina, from the Spanish word Platina) which is similar to ギラティナ (Giratina). That could be an explanation for the name.

Aww, I wanted my Opal version. :(

Nevermind, if this is to be believed, Underground Wi-Fi! Yes!

Regigigas Sky Form!!!!!!!!!!!

Fucking Yes!

Also, Volkner leaving the Gym I thought would happen. Wonder who will take over? And I wonder if he'll become the Champion, or just a regular E4 member.

Last edited:
I'd love to see Giratina's Origin Form as well as the other form, that would be awsome

Shinx egg? I wonder what that's about.

It looks like it's just a pre-order bonus, with a special attack on it.

The webmaster has approximated the probability of the rumor's being nothing more than a lie at 80%.

The rumor also stipulates that Regigigas' alleged new form will have Levitate as its ability (as opposed to Slow Start). I strongly doubt that a new form could be so vastly superior to the original Pokémon.

Everything else reeks of the same mindless speculation that so many fans have been spouting for the past year and a half.

Why are you being so adamant against any form of speculation when you do the exact same thing all the time?

Everything else reeks of the same mindless speculation that so many fans have been spouting for the past year and a half.

This coming from the person who spent a year swearing we were going to get Thunder Yellow?

This coming from the person who spent a year swearing we were going to get Thunder Yellow?
What is this ad hominem argument trying to achieve, exactly? For your information, that opinion never pertained to a Yellow remake, but to a Game Freak game released between Emerald and Diamond/Pearl. It wasn't mindless and it had more merit than a rather random application of a formula used in a past game.

Well, maybe, but most of the things mentioned here don't seem too odd. And past formula, I mean, that's like Pokemon's life blood dude. :p

* Irc, Flint mentioned asking Volkner to join the E4 in DP.
* We got a huge island with a Battle Tower, turning it into the new Frontier makes sense.
* And you yourself even mentioned how Shaymin's alt form would probably be a second type and be available in Game 3. :X

Back
Top Bottom