• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Platinum information thread

Everyone (or most people) wants a GS remake, but just because there is Platinum coming out now does not mean there won't be a GS remake. There was just no need for one to come out before the third version so they might aswell reserve it until our next dry-spell hits.

I still don't get why a remake with new features is held in that high regard compared to a different remake with new features.

To be honest, if Platinum somehow was a remix of DP with a post-E4 journey to Johto (that was decently preserved) would that make people happy?

To be honest, if Platinum somehow was a remix of DP with a post-E4 journey to Johto (that was decently preserved) would that make people happy?

You're probably saying that due to the speculation about Johto being after Sinnoh? Well, not all people support this suggestion. And if Platinum contained Johto, I wouldn't be happy, since their locations in Japan are FAAAAAAR FAAAAAR away. I don't see how they could be connected, unless they bring a plane on the game... o_O

I believed that it would be Opal also. And... why must Volkner leave? I think that Platinum should be a remake of Gold, Silver, and Crystal instead.

Yeah, doesn't it sound right that way?

It seems hard to wonder what name would Game Freak come up with for a Johto remake, if they ever do one.

Not really. :p

After all, if the same pattern with FireRed and LeafGreen would be followed, it's given that the names will have a prefix, not to mention that they will be dual as always. :p

Something connected to sun and moon or sky and ocean might be the case, although I think that the second option is not likely, considering that Sky and Ocean is practically Rayquaza and Kyogre... o_o

definitely lookin forward to this more than i would for a GS remake....GS was my favorite set of games but seeing as i had to work my butt off to get ho-oh, i really don't want it to become easy access

Not really. :p

After all, if the same pattern with FireRed and LeafGreen would be followed, it's given that the names will have a prefix, not to mention that they will be dual as always. :p

Something connected to sun and moon or sky and ocean might be the case, although I think that the second option is not likely, considering that Sky and Ocean is practically Rayquaza and Kyogre... o_o

I have heard rumors of Dusk Gold and Dawn Silver

I can see why they named it platinum -

Gold/Silver = Metals
Crystal = Gemstone
Diamond/Pearl = Gemstone
Platinum = Metals

They didn't really fit in the current generation, but with the 2nd and 4th now out, I see a pattern.

The original Shaymin has been revealed to be henceforth known as "Land Forme" (see here for details). More importantly, Sky Forme has finally been sighted (see here).

PurpleKecleon imitated Ken Sugimori's style; the merchandise artist didn't even try to do that. It is too soon to tell how good Sky Forme really looks.

For now, I am satisifed with confirmation of its existence. At least it is petit, too.

And why exactly is it essential for the Sugimori art to be kept? I like Charizard, for example; either it is from Sugimori or from any other artist.

I think it looks too cartoonish. Might be the merchandise's art at fault, but who knows? I hope it does look better though...

That new picture, I can't tell if it's genuine. All in all it should be small figure.

PurpleKecleon imitated Ken Sugimori's style; the merchandise artist didn't even try to do that. It is too soon to tell how good Sky Forme really looks.

For now, I am satisifed with confirmation of its existence. At least it is petit, too.

True, but if you look at the supplied link to where the supposed "Sky Forme" of Shaymin was released -- here -- you'll notice that the Pikachu on THAT site looks almost, if not, exactly the same as the Pikachu on the cup.

Perhaps it's just me... or perhaps this is another elaborate hoax. I'm not saying anything.

There is nothing surprising about the fact that the same artist draws several stock images for the same event. It would be more surprising for a fan to imitate his style in such a short span.

Besides, that site proves all we need to know: Many pages are currently down because of one simple error involving the revealing image of the cup.

This is just one of the many pages that could be viewed this morning, but are now down.

Back
Top Bottom