• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Platinum information thread

I'm trying to see how that guy looks anything like Prof. Elm or Dick Gumshoe, but I can't. Although Gumshoe being in Pokémon would be awesome, pal.

Don't care for Dawn's and Lucas's new outfits. Lucas's would have been just fine without that big white scarf thing. And jeez, even in winter clothes, Dawn sure loves to show off her legs. :p *wonders if she'll wear that outfit in the anime when the twerps make it to the snowy northern section of Sinnoh*

I'm hoping they're going to have a Regigigas giveaway here so we can catch the Regis in Platinum too.

The Torn World location sounds interesting.

The boxart looks awesome.

He looks like Zenigatta from Lupin III to me.

Lucas would've looked alright if not for that scarf and those...pants? A second look, yeah black pants, but that scarf looks too tight on him! It would look better if it was removed. I don't like the change from the D/P look. They're pretty much wearing the same headwear.

Dawn looks pretty in that dress she's wearing.

Okay, so the other guy doesn't look like Pearl's father, and not Elm either. Maybe one of them's like Scott of the Battle Frontier? It seems from other sources that one of the two could be the new gym leader of Sunyshore City.

Last edited:
So there IS going to be a Pokemon Platinum. I always thought it'd be more on the lines of one of the remakes of the GS games, though. Or a version involving one of my two dragonite rank wolves, Metalupus and Canersia.

Sorry for getting off track there. Anyways, this game sounds like its pretty cool.

Lucas looks incredibly flamboyant :p

But seriously is it just me or are the outfits in Pokemon getting more and more ridiculous looking?

The cover art looks cool btw, but it seems so radically different from past covers so it makes me doubt it's the real cover.

I also love Shaymin's Sky Forme, and I think it has more similarities to a hedgehog compared to the fake forms (which were basically ponies, poodles, or sheep). It's mohawk and face slightly resembles Sonic the Hedgehog, and its ears kind of remind me of Klonoa and Terriermon.

Torn World = Reverse World?

Oh and obtaining the Regis in Platinum sound like too much effort when one can probably just transfer it from RSE.

How many Regis are there? (Hoen / Battle Frontier / Now Sinnoh?)

I thought he looked like Empoleon. I really hope that these clothes are jsut for the colder areas, I mean why doesn't your Rival get a cosmetic change? (wait I think he does)

Either way, they need tot ake a lesson from Siddharta Gautama and not go to the extremes. The middle path is the right path to take. Don't dress them in skimpy outfits in a cold climate, but don't over-dress them.

Also, Torn world better be cooler than the Underground.

hey, I think the new outfits are confirmed:
szby2f.jpg

He's just short of shouting, "FLAME ON!" :lol:

Anyway, I hope that just like in Emerald, Platinum would reward you the Hoenn starters, in the similar fashion that completing the Hoenn Dex in Emerald did with the Johto starters.

Why Hoenn? The migration technique should still be there. So...maybe not Hoenn.

Dawn looks so damn cute!!!

From the look of the new screens, the 3D engine will have A LOT more usage than in DP! All right, time to see if it works that way without making a whole game suck. :p Are there more by the way? I saw some update in blue skY, but they are from CoroCoro still. I was wondering if we had the character arts also...

Edit: Nevermind, I just saw them, they were in blue Sky. o_o
Edit 2:
TRANSLATION PLEASE.
NOW.
http://blog-imgs-19.fc2.com/r/a/i/raim2005/2008-07_11.jpg

Last edited:
ersonally, I like both of thier new clothing. I wonder what exactly is the Torn World?

How many Regis are there? (Hoenn /Battle Frontier/Now Sinnoh?

I don't think it means there are NEW Regis, just that Regirock, Registeel and Regice can be caught in-game, making it easier to obtain Regigigas.

Damn, when I first saw the scan, I thought Dia and Plati were holding a Fast Ball... But it's a Repeat Ball after all. :(

Any thoughts about Kurt Balls in Platinum? If they are in... It is like GSDS are announced!

I don't think it means there are NEW Regis, just that Regirock, Registeel and Regice can be caught in-game, making it easier to obtain Regigigas.
I once again note that in Platinum, Regigigas is in fact required to unlock the trio, as opposed to the other way around. This will be done by necessitating that a Regigigas holding the Classic Ribbon (that is, the promotional Regigigas being distributed in Japan this month) be present in the party.

This renders the movie event combined with Platinum an alternative method of obtaining all four Regis. That said, I would hardly say that it makes the process easier. In all likelyhood, this can be taken as a sign that Platinum will focus less on Pal Park and the dongle method than its two predecessors did. However, everything comes at a price - at least as far as legendaries are concerned.

The interesting question then becomes whether Regigigas will be directly available in Platinum. It would be rather peculiar if a Regigigas from Diamond and Pearl unlocked the trio in Platinum, which in turn unlocked another Regigigas. It could be that the Snowpoint Temple event will be programmed to be triggered by Regis originating in GBA games, which I don't believe is already the case in Diamond and Pearl (that is, the event can probably be triggered by hacked Regis, as well).

But more importantly, will there be a proper story around the Regis and their leader? It is hard to see that happening in the scope of a movie event.

Last edited:
objectionlolvo5.png

From the look of it, the Regi event is pretty stand alone... At least the Regis' caves are almost untouched. >_>

This kinda old, and I'm not sure if it was posted, but masaki39's blog had a thing or two over Platinum...

• Battle Frontier will be added
  • There will be Wi-Fi Battle Frontier
  • It will be possible to record a contest
  • New abilities OR attacks to be added. Three colors in total. Or a change in battle style.
  • The GBA Expansion Pack could be used
  • Illegally Modified Pokemon will not be able to communicate with others.
  • Cresselia can by synched?

Wi-Fi Battle Frontier. Neat, no? It should be a safe bet that if this is fact, the we obviously get random battles. I don't get the Cresselia thing. Recording a contest would be nice, but even nicer if Contests actually got online. I can't trust this 100% though. It is practically impossible for new Moves and Abilities to be added. Unless... Mystery Gift usage? Possible update in D/P's content? Who knows! And when "battle style" is mentioned... Maybe the black on the HP/Level/etc bar on the battle with Giratina? I wonder what this means...

I really hope we can randomly battle online. That's something we should have been able to do in the first place.

[*]Illegally Modified Pokemon will not be able to communicate with others.

I'm not sure what this is supposed to mean. Is there going to be some attempt to stop people from putting up hacked Pokemon to the GTS?

I really hope we can randomly battle online. That's something we should have been able to do in the first place.

I'm not sure what this is supposed to mean. Is there going to be some attempt to stop people from putting up hacked Pokemon to the GTS?

Maybe this will apply on Battles also. Don't forget that Battle Tower involved battling with other people's teams, so it would be logical to assume that hacking could easily be involved. :p

...OR JUST ANOTHER REFERENCE TO THE RANDOM BATTLES!

Could you provide a link to the specific post on masaki39's blog? It is a given that he was just posting speculation, but I would like to make sure that that is the case.

Back
Top Bottom