• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Platinum Interviews

1Eevee1

Reaction score
This is the most important exchange in any of the interviews:

IGN: The Pokemon series has stayed very similar throughout its lifespan. Are there plans to revamp the game and give it an overhaul?

Masuda: Yes, I understand that people talk about the strength and weakness of the series. And we always make our effort to increase the good things about Pokemon. There is something we want to improve and enhance all the time. There are lots of ideas out there and we want to make that idea realized to enhance the gameplay of Pokemon. There is some day soon that we can make an announcement about new stuff, so that's something you can look forward to.

IGN: Any chance you can tell us now?

Masuda: [laughs] Sorry, I can't.

Actually i think he meant in Japan. Ign does tend to follow sometimes whats in japan or not so yeah. If he meant for America then the most logical would mean gsds in japan by october november and the soon being march/april for america no?

There is no doubt in my mind that G/S remakes will happen and that they will be announced in the near future. The only question that remains is when it becomes official...

JM: First of all, we did not create Pokémon for kids. We create the Pokémon games for everybody. Everybody can play the Pokémon games, so we try to make the games very approachable. For example, we use different colors. It's not just about the text, but the visual appeal. In the end, yes, even kids can play this game.

best thing in all of those interviews

I also like their reasoning for sticking to 2D artwork. I never get people who wanted Pokemon to look realistic

Last edited:
IGN: The Pokemon series has stayed very similar throughout its lifespan. Are there plans to revamp the game and give it an overhaul?

Masuda: Yes, I understand that people talk about the strength and weakness of the series. And we always make our effort to increase the good things about Pokemon. There is something we want to improve and enhance all the time. There are lots of ideas out there and we want to make that idea realized to enhance the gameplay of Pokemon. There is some day soon that we can make an announcement about new stuff, so that's something you can look forward to.

IGN: Any chance you can tell us now?

Masuda: [laughs] Sorry, I can't.

This does not necessarily have to be related to a specific game, maybe new game mechanics, maybe a Gen V as there is nothing about it yet, this however does not mean that its about a GS remake that some think, but
who is to say its not?

JM: First of all, we did not create Pokémon for kids. We create the Pokémon games for everybody. Everybody can play the Pokémon games, so we try to make the games very approachable. For example, we use different colors. It's not just about the text, but the visual appeal. In the end, yes, even kids can play this game.

Well, at the beginning the show was aimed at kids, but since many of us grew up with pokemon, I can see why it went this way.

I doubt that before 2011 we will get to see any gen 5 games. So i would like to say in certainty if i can that its about the gs remakes. If not i will give a public apology for my statement.

Back
Top Bottom