• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon popularity poll launched: Winning Pokémon to be distributed by the Global Li

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon popularity poll launched: Winning Pokémon to be distributed by the Globa

I don't think this poll has enough options...

I shall remain undecided for now, though I am tempted to vote for Smoochum...
Smoochum is available in the Spooky Manor DW area.

But yeah, too many options...took me like half an hour to decide xD

Re: Pokémon popularity poll launched: Winning Pokémon to be distributed by the Globa

GOD.

Enough said.

Will make my next Black run more lolzy.

I voted for Ho-oh. Why?

Regenerator = Great DW ability. Ho-oh = Rare Pokémon (Legendary) Ho-oh + Regenerator = WIN

I have all released pokemon, legit. This means Arceus, Deoxys, Darkrai, DW Smoochum, everything. If anyone who is reading this converts to Ditto simply because of this, I will give out clones of my events in my giveaway. I will also be giving out a Lansat berry and a Kingdra with good IVs and Outrage. This giveaway won't happen if Ditto doesn't win.

I'll also need to find a good AR cloner. Please note that my events don't have good IVs or natures, and I can only trade on weekends.

I have all released pokemon, legit. This means Arceus, Deoxys, Darkrai, DW Smoochum, everything. If anyone who is reading this converts to Ditto simply because of this, I will give out clones of my events in my giveaway. I will also be giving out a Lansat berry and a Kingdra with good IVs and Outrage. This giveaway won't happen if Ditto doesn't win.

I'll also need to find a good AR cloner. Please note that my events don't have good IVs or natures, and I can only trade on weekends.

Desperate for Ditto, much?

I don't know what I'll pick. There's a few options I'd like. We don't know if it will be Female or not and some choices would depend entirely upon it being available as a Female for their egg moves (for me it would, anyway. Couldn't care less what anybody else wants). I'll probably go with a legendary and play safe on the gender issue. Lightningrod Zapdos seems a good choice but I'll decide later.

Desperate for Ditto, much?

I don't know what I'll pick. There's a few options I'd like. We don't know if it will be Female or not and some choices would depend entirely upon it being available as a Female for their egg moves (for me it would, anyway. Couldn't care less what anybody else wants). I'll probably go with a legendary and play safe on the gender issue. Lightningrod Zapdos seems a good choice but I'll decide later.

Yes. So very desperate. Ditto will be a good one anyway, just because all you'll need to reset/RNG for is a perfect HP IV. It's what competitive battling needs, a whole new thing to shake the metagame. Metamon.

We should be voting for Event Exclusive Pokemon! It's our chance to get something we rarely get! Arceus seems like it will make the top 10. Then Celebi may also make top 10, Since most of Australia may vote for Celebi. Since they didn't get the Movie 13(WIN2011) Celebi.

We need that Ditto guys!!

I voted for deoxys since I couldn't do that pokemon ranger event

Ditto. Ditto.Ditto. Boss.

Stunfisk. No other reason than to annoy people here.

Stunfisk. No other reason than to annoy people here.
You can't vote for Unova Pokémon.

Should I vote for Arceus, another event, or somebody else?...

Should I vote for Arceus, another event, or somebody else?...
Arceus has had the least number of events in the countries which the poll is being done for but many people are voting for Ditto for its Imposter ability which is like a better form of Illusion. The Bulbapedia page says
As soon as the user comes into battle, it Transforms into its opponent, copying the opponent's stats exactly, with the exception of HP. Imposter copies all stat changes on the target originating from moves and abilities such as Swords Dance and Intimidate, but not from items such as Choice Specs. Imposter will not Transform the user if the opponent is an Illusion or behind a Substitute.

Imposter does not copy its opponent's IVs but it does copy all EVs except for HP.

I'm choosing between Ditto, Arceus, Mew and Deoxys but because the Bulbanews article is saying that results will be shown every Tuesday if Ditto is in the top ten this Tuesday I will vote for it.

EDIT: I've said that it is a better form of Illusion because you won't see that it is a Ditto but is this true or will you see the Ditto then it will transform and the information will say "Ditto transformed by it's imposter ability"?

Last edited:

Imposter doesn't copy IVs? I thought it copied stats exactly. I guess that I'll need to learn to RNG, then.

I already voted, so I can't change to Lugia or Ho-Oh at this point. Those were the only two I was considering besides Ditto.

I'm not voting since I basically don't care much for the games, but it seems it's pretty much a tie between Arceus, a very exclusive Pokemon, or Ditto and it's DW ability.

My hopes are on Lugia or Ho-Oh for the mascot poll (or even Dialga or Palkia), so I didn't see a point for voting for them here. I voted for Croagunk; I like Poison Touch a lot. Would have voted for something with Pickpocket, but I'm not the biggest fan of the two lines that have it.

If Ditto wins...well, at least it's not no-Hidden ability Legendary (hi, Japan and South Korea!). <.<;;;;

Arceus has had the least number of events in the countries which the poll is being done for but many people are voting for Ditto for its Imposter ability which is like a better form of Illusion. The Bulbapedia page says

I'm choosing between Ditto, Arceus, Mew and Deoxys but because the Bulbanews article is saying that results will be shown every Tuesday if Ditto is in the top ten this Tuesday I will vote for it.

EDIT: I've said that it is a better form of Illusion because you won't see that it is a Ditto but is this true or will you see the Ditto then it will transform and the information will say "Ditto transformed by it's imposter ability"?

Imposter doesn't copy IVs? I thought it copied stats exactly. I guess that I'll need to learn to RNG, then.

I already voted, so I can't change to Lugia or Ho-Oh at this point. Those were the only two I was considering besides Ditto.

The Bulbapedia page says both. Fail. The latter statement on the page, "Imposter does not copy its opponent's IVs but it does copy all EVs except for HP[,]" makes no sense in the light of "copying the opponent's stats exactly, with the exception of HP."

There is frankly one reason to vote against Ditto: it has a higher chance of being made available later, more so than various event pokemon. (Well, if one wants a certain event pokemon, then that isn't too bad a decision.)

Unanswered, so far as I know, is the question of whether or not DW-Ditto breeding with other pokemon gives them a chance at their DW abilities.

My hopes are on Lugia or Ho-Oh for the mascot poll (or even Dialga or Palkia), so I didn't see a point for voting for them here. I voted for Croagunk; I like Poison Touch a lot. Would have voted for something with Pickpocket, but I'm not the biggest fan of the two lines that have it.

If Ditto wins...well, at least it's not no-Hidden ability Legendary (hi, Japan and South Korea!). <.<;;;;
Arceus actually is pretty exclusive though. It is the rarest event pokemon so far as I know.

I voted for Darkrai. I have no idea why. >>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom