• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon popularity poll launched: Winning Pokémon to be distributed by the Global Li

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon popularity poll launched: Winning Pokémon to be distributed by the Globa

Ditto ¶_¶

Re: Pokémon popularity poll launched: Winning Pokémon to be distributed by the Globa

The Hidden Ability of Giratina seems to be same for both forms according to the Bulbapedia page.
I misread it on Serebii, Thanks for telling me!

I misread it on Serebii, Thanks for telling me!
I actually misread it on Bulbapedia and SnorlaxMonster corrected me by quoting my post and replying with
Actually, it gets Telepathy as Altered Forme and nothing (so Levitate) as Origin Forme.
I think the abilities boxes should be edited on that Bulbapedia page, if they can, showing that the hidden ability is for the Altered Forme only.

Last edited:

Here's a quick list I've compiled of the last times pre-Gen V event-only pokemon were available to "our" non-Japan/Korea locales:

Arceus - 2009 (US, Australia), 2010 (Europe)
Celebi - 2011 (US, Britain)
Darkrai - 2009 (Member Card; US, PAL)
Deoxys - 2008 (US), "2010" (Guardian Signs event, multiplayer required)
Jirachi - 2010 (US, Australia, Europe)
Manaphy - Any time (Pokemon Ranger, Shadows of Almia)
Mew - 2010 (US, PAL)
Shaymin - 2009 (Oak's Letter; US, PAL)

If one discounts the event that requires both they and an in-person friend owning Guardian Signs (and assumes they unlocked it during its availability period), the last time Deoxys was distributed was in 2008, and only to the US.

Therefore, if one must choose a legendary for this distribution, it should be Deoxys. This statement is in no way jaded by me not owning one, nor never owning Guardian Signs. >.>;

In all seriousness, I do understand the argument against voting for legendaries, which lack DW abilities (Ie: for Ditto). But since I never battle online, I still cast my vote for Deoxys anyway. Sorry guys. :(

@ibm2431

If you can get this event, you can trade online. Deoxys is unlimited from Guardian Signs. If you're going by that logic, Arceus would be the best choice in that it had never had a wifi distribution while every other Pokemon on that list does.

I voted for Seaking. =D

.........no I didn't. I can't get into DW at the moment, tech issues on my side.........[Redacted].......

Here's a quick list I've compiled of the last times pre-Gen V event-only pokemon were available to "our" non-Japan/Korea locales:

Arceus - 2009 (US, Australia), 2010 (Europe)
Celebi - 2011 (US, Britain)
Darkrai - 2009 (Member Card; US, PAL)
Deoxys - 2008 (US), "2010" (Guardian Signs event, multiplayer required)
Jirachi - 2010 (US, Australia, Europe)
Manaphy - Any time (Pokemon Ranger, Shadows of Almia)
Mew - 2010 (US, PAL)
Shaymin - 2009 (Oak's Letter; US, PAL)

If one discounts the event that requires both they and an in-person friend owning Guardian Signs (and assumes they unlocked it during its availability period), the last time Deoxys was distributed was in 2008, and only to the US.

Therefore, if one must choose a legendary for this distribution, it should be Deoxys. This statement is in no way jaded by me not owning one, nor never owning Guardian Signs. >.>;

In all seriousness, I do understand the argument against voting for legendaries, which lack DW abilities (Ie: for Ditto). But since I never battle online, I still cast my vote for Deoxys anyway. Sorry guys. :(
It says in the Pokémon Platinum Official Strategy Guide that Deoxys was distributed in the US on 23/6/2007-2/9/2007 and Jirachi was distributed in a giveaway on 18/8/2008-31/8/2008 so I think the 2008 for Deoxys should be changed to 2007 and 2008 should be added to Jirachi. Shaymin and Darkrai were also given Movie events with exclusive moves in 2008 and 2009 respectively. Celebi was also given in other parts of Europe. Manaphy was given by an event mission in Guardian Signs. Mew can also be obtained from My Pokémon Ranch. Darkrai was given by an event mission in Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia and Shaymin was given by an event mission in Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs.

@ibm2431

If you can get this event, you can trade online. Deoxys is unlimited from Guardian Signs. If you're going by that logic, Arceus would be the best choice in that it had never had a wifi distribution while every other Pokemon on that list does.
Has Celebi had a Wi-Fi distribution? I don't think it has.

Last edited:

Has Celebi had a Wi-Fi distribution? I don't think it has.
And Celebi has also had the most recent, other than pointing out an oversight, your point?

And Celebi has also had the most recent, other than pointing out an oversight, your point?
There wasn't any other point than pointing out an oversight, I also agree with that reason not to vote for Celebi because I did go to that event, downloaded one Celebi for each of my versions and transferred one of them by the relocator to get Zorua.

EDIT: I have thought of a point, Celebi had the same amount of distributions as Arceus in Generation IV, one, but I still agree will the point which I have quoted. By one I mean the same Celebi or Arceus distributed in different countries.

Last edited:

It depends. If the DW starters are gonna be 100% male, then I'll vote for Ditto.

It depends. If the DW starters are gonna be 100% male,
[video=youtube;35TbGjt-weA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35TbGjt-weA[/video]

I hope they aren't XP

Vote for Gastrodon!

Vote for Gastrodon!
Shellos is and has been available in the Dream World. And I don't think that anyone is inclined to be persuaded to vote for anything besides Ditto, a starter pokemon, or a legendary.

Well, welcome to the forums!

JoshLV835's thoughts on the poll

I'm saving my vote for next Tuesday when they show us the votals. I've currently listed Jirachi, Deoxys, Manaphy, and Shaymin as options, even though the first was distributed in the early days of HG/SS and the others were in Ranger games... missed out on all four because my internet connection didn't support my DS Lite during the Jirachi event and I've never even played a Ranger game.

I actually wasn't considering Jirachi as an option until I looked up Deoxys/Shaymin/Manaphy and found out that they were in Ranger games.

I'm not voting for Ditto because it's not a legendary and AFAIK actually has a chance of appearing in a DW location.
Even though I don't have an Arceus, I'm not voting for it either because it's completely broken and anybody who reads Awkward Zombie (No, that's not my comic.) already knows that an Arceus vote will just fail miserably.

@JoshLV835

Given that your DS/DSi can actually connect to wifi now, why are you using the logic that Ditto has a chance of appearing? All of them do. In fact, I'd say legendaries with DW abilities have a bigger chance of getting a distribution by virtue of being just that.

As for those events you've listed, they get distributed every generation, and have all been distributed via wifi. You can throw that Ditto logic right back. While it may not be DW, there will be a release sometime in the future.

@The Outrage if Ditto appears in a DW Location though, then it'll be available in infinite numbers. I don't think that legendary pokemon, DW abilities or otherwise, will get the same treatment.

I could've sworn someone already mentioned what League just said, but I couldn't find the post so I could quote it in response to Outrage, so, uh, thanks for stating my train of thought against Ditto votes.

As for Jirachi, Deoxys, Manaphy, and Shaymin, I wasn't aware of how rampant they were since it was only one/two generation(s) since they first showed up... or did you mean year? (BTW, if you mean year, Manaphy and Deoxys got skipped in 2009.)

Come to think about it, wasn't the Liberty Ticket the last Wi-Fi event outside of Japan? If so, then the Global Link might've obsoleted Wi-Fi events elsewhere. I guess only time can tell.

I think the abilities boxes should be edited on that Bulbapedia page, if they can, showing that the hidden ability is for the Altered Forme only.

Agreed. It's too easy to look ast it and think "Ok, it has levitate for both forms."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom