• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon popularity poll launched: Winning Pokémon to be distributed by the Global Li

Status
Not open for further replies.
JoshLV835's Top Ten Opinion/Analysis/Whatever - 11/08/2011

I pretty much expected awesome DW abilities and rare legendaries to top the list, so Arceus and Ditto are no real surprise.

I'll go ahead and analyze the rest of the Top Ten.

3. Mew: It's accessible via banking 1000 'Mons in My Pokemon Ranch, but it doesn't have a Hidden Ability in the DW... big surprise to me that it's in the #3 spot.
4. Deoxys: One of the four I wanted to vote for.
5. Darkrai: I considered adding Cresslia and this to my list, but I can only vote for one of 'em.
6. Celebi: I doubt this would give us access to the event Zorua.
7. Rayquaza: Well, to be fair, you needed access to both Kyogre and Groudon if you wanted this in HG/SS. It's only easy if you have access to both games.
8. Shaymin: One of the four I wanted to vote for.
9. Pikachu: Didn't SnorlaxMonster mention DW Pikachus being available? (looks it up) ...yeah, they are. It's a Japanese event, though, so it might take a while before you can get one in a trade. I'm guessing the people that voted for this are impatient or didn't know about the Japanese event. Of course, this could be completely and utterly hasty generalization I am making; it could have nothing to do with Lightning Rod...
10. Jirachi: One of the four I wanted to vote for.

Wait, wouldn't this mean Pikachu and Ditto are the only Top Ten with DW abilities?!
I decided I'd check the other pages in the rankings... DW abilities start running rampant at that point. Also, Manaphy doesn't appear until #25, and IIRC, Cressalia was #57. Manaphy being #25 disappoints me, though; if it were to win, that would be two event 'Mon scans for the price of one for those of you who know about Phione.

I guess I'll wait another week and see how things shape up. I wouldn't be surprised if Arceus and Ditto were still at the top, but I'm kinda hoping Mew, Pikachu, and Celebi get phased out in favor of other interesting 'Mons.
Then again, considering the fact that you can't change your vote (unless they decide to change that), I'm not 100% sure what these weekly results would change.

Re: Pokémon popularity poll launched: Winning Pokémon to be distributed by the Globa

Things aren't looking good Feraligatr, not good at all. Mew is in third, which is odd, and we're even being beaten by Rattata.
Well, I've given up hope on Feraligatr, team Ditto now! Yay!

Re: JoshLV835's Top Ten Opinion/Analysis/Whatever - 11/08/2011

6. Celebi: I doubt this would give us access to the event Zorua.
So what? Arceus most certainly isn't going to unlock any event, now is it? We're not dealing with the Azure Flute here. If the Japanese promotion is any indication, Arceus would be distributed at level 100, so its EVs would still be a problem.

Celebi is barely more accessible than Arceus is, on account of the Generation III distribution all those years ago. If you happen to have a Celebi but not Arceus, feel free to vote for it, but don't pretend that there is anything illogical about voting for Celebi. At least Celebi isn't considered cheap in battles.

While I voted for Ditto, I think it is a given that it will be distributed anyway. In contrast, there is nothing to guarantee that all the event Pokémon will be distributed in this generation considering there are 12 of them and only Victini has been distributed so far (excluding the Japanese Arceus).

Re: Pokémon popularity poll launched: Winning Pokémon to be distributed by the Globa

36) Rattata - lol xD

As I expected; the Top 10 full of legendaries; at least Ditto is at number 2 right now. Shame to see my Zapdos as low as 21. Used my second vote on Ditto, just to make sure Arceus doesn't win...I will give up on you for now Zapdos...

I'm disappointed that Arceus is winning! I think that this is rigged, they want Arceus to win because it won in Japan ;___;
But there's still hope for Ditto guys!

To anybody that doesn't know, you can vote more than once using Google Chrome's incognito feature. Just open an incognito window, vote in it, close, then repeat.

If the Japanese promotion is any indication, Arceus would be distributed at level 100, so its EVs would still be a problem.
Well, you can EV train level 100 Pokémon like any other Pokémon in Generation V, even without using the box trick (which has been rendered obsolete due to EVs being instantly applied). We know it will be at level 100 if it is Arceus because we have the list of the levels at which all Pokémon obtained via Dream World/Pokémon Global Link promotions will be at.

Celebi is barely more accessible than Arceus is, on account of the Generation III distribution all those years ago. If you happen to have a Celebi but not Arceus, feel free to vote for it, but don't pretend that there is anything illogical about voting for Celebi. At least Celebi isn't considered cheap in battles.
Australia didn't get the Celebi event that North America and Europe got. We did get Arceus though. So we haven't been able to get Celebi since Generation III, yet Arceus was just before HGSS. So here at least, Celebi is certainly a good option (although I went for Ditto).

Well, you can EV train level 100 Pokémon like any other Pokémon in Generation V, even without using the box trick (which has been rendered obsolete due to EVs being instantly applied). We know it will be at level 100 if it is Arceus because we have the list of the levels at which all Pokémon obtained via Dream World/Pokémon Global Link promotions will be at.
I realized that after the forum crashed. Of course, this means that the movie Arceus can now be EV trained.

Australia didn't get the Celebi event that North America and Europe got. We did get Arceus though. So we haven't been able to get Celebi since Generation III, yet Arceus was just before HGSS. So here at least, Celebi is certainly a good option (although I went for Ditto).
Come to think of it, how did Austarlia get Celebi in Generation III? I see no mention of any event, and I know that Europe didn't have one.

A thought just occurred to me - was it ever explicitly stated that if the winning Pokémon has a hidden ability, that said hidden ability would be distributed?

If Ditto wins, I wouldn't put it past TPCI to troll us and give us Limber xD

Come to think of it, how did Austarlia get Celebi in Generation III? I see no mention of any event, and I know that Europe didn't have one.
I never actually got any event until Generation IV, so I really just assumed that we had gotten it in Generation III. Looking through various event lists, we may never have gotten it.

A thought just occurred to me - was it ever explicitly stated that if the winning Pokémon has a hidden ability, that said hidden ability would be distributed?

If Ditto wins, I wouldn't put it past TPCI to troll us and give us Limber xD
They said they will be giving it through the Pokémon Global Link. I'm pretty sure that like levels, the Hidden Abilities are actually added in the games themselves, so that would be impossible.

I'm looking at the ratings right now and I'm kinda pissed off. Seriously, Arceus? Overrated much?
Also, Mudkip is #23 and Ratatta is #36.

I'm looking at the ratings right now and I'm kinda pissed off. Seriously, Arceus? Overrated much?
Also, Mudkip is #23 and Ratatta is #36.
I think Mudkip being #23 is a good position for it but I do find it funny that Rattata became #36 being more wanted than some legendary Pokémon such as Entei, Raikou or Articuno and I think it is hard to believe it became #36 without people using the private browsing glitch.

Last edited:

I think Mudkip being #23 is a good position for it but I do find it funny that Rattata became #36 being more wanted than some legendary Pokémon such as Entei, Raikou or Articuno and I think it is hard to believe it became #36 without people using the private browsing glitch.

That's only because it's of the top percentage of rattata, so naturally it would be amongst the most desirable Pokemon!

Last week's results have been revealed and I'm going to put in a spoiler the top 52 because every Pokémon in it is notable apart from 2:
1. Arceus
2. Ditto
3. Mew
4. Deoxys
5. Darkrai
6. Magikarp
7. Celebi
8. Rayquaza
9. Pikachu
10. Mudkip
11. Shaymin
12. Charizard
13. Jirachi
14. Lugia
15. Mewtwo
16. Blaziken
17. Eevee
18. Charmander
19. Torchic
20. Lucario
21. Giratina
22. Ho-oh
23. Zapdos
24. Regigigas
25. Infernape
26. Dialga
27. Dragonite
28. Manaphy
29. Latios
30. Groudon
31. Bulbasaur
32. Suicune
33. Kyorge
34. Salamence
35. Typhlosion
36. Squirtle
37. Latias
38. Entei
39. Cyndaquil
40. Raikou
41. Rattata
42. Arcanine
43. Carchomp
44. Articuno
45. Umbreon
46. Totodile
47. Feraligatr
48. Espeon
49. Blastoise
50. Riolu
51. Palkia
52. Pichu

I think Rattata and Magikarp are not in the right places.

JoshLV835's Top Ten Opinion/Analysis/Whatever - 11/15/2011

I got ninja'd by Water Max. On the bright side, this'll give me something to look at next week if I see some crazy changes, like Magikarp jumping into the #6 spot. Considering the fact that Rattled Magikarp evolves into Moxie Gyarados, I'm not concerned about it abruptly taking a Top Ten spot.

The top five are the same as last week. After that, though, I'm seeing two differences.

6. Magikarp: I don't see any way to check its position last week, so I sadly have no clue where this came from, but it still managed to overtake Celebi and Rayquaza. Moxie Gyarados sounds useful, especially since Gyarados already has a cool 125 base ATK. If it can DD up some speed, I don't see it having problems scoring a brutal killstrak/sweep/whatever. I don't know whether or not the Cell Battery negates an attack when consumed, but if it does, hilarity will probably ensue as the first DD ends up being a freebie. (Something tells me if it did, it and the Absorb Bulb would be broken items.)
10. Mudkip: So I herd u liek cockblocking explosions? Actually, this doesn't seem as useful to me, especially after Selfdestruct and Explosion were nerfed.

Last week, I said I was hoping that Mew, Pikachu, and Celebi would get phased out in favor of more interesting options... obviously, that didn't happen. Instead, Shaymin and Jirachi got knocked out of the top ten. Pretty much the opposite of what I was hoping for. >_<

I guess I don't mind picking up an Arceus for the first time, but I still won't vote for it or Ditto. In fact, I'm still withholding my vote.
If I do vote at this point, it'll probably be for Deoxys. Maybe it'll overtake Mew before this poll ends.

I wonder how drastically different the votals would be if you could vote for as many 'Mons as you wanted, instead of just one. (Before you ask, I don't quite mean infinite votes; you'd still only be able to vote for each 'Mon once.)
I'm similarly wondering what would happen to the votals if you could vote for Isshu (Don't expect me to ever call it Unova.) 'Mons.

Has anyone seen the new results? I'm again going to put in a spoiler the top 52 because there have been many changes:
1. Arceus
2. Mudkip
3. Ditto
4. Mew
5. Deoxys
6. Magikarp
7. Darkrai
8. Celebi
9. Rayquaza
10. Pikachu
11. Charizard
12. Shaymin
13. Jirachi
14. Lugia
15. Mewtwo
16. Blaziken
17. Eevee
18. Charmander
19. Torchic
20. Lucario
21. Giratina
22. Ho-oh
23. Infernape
24. Zapdos
25. Dialga
26. Regigigas
27. Dragonite
28. Latios
29. Manaphy
30. Groudon
31. Suicune
32. Bulbasaur
33. Typhlosion
34. Kyogre
35. Salamence
36. Entei
37. Latias
38. Squirtle
39. Cyndaquil
40. Raikou
41. Arcanine
42. Umbreon
43. Garchomp
44. Articuno
45. Totodile
46. Rattata
47. Palkia
48. Feraligatr
49. Blastoise
50. Espeon
51. Riolu
52. Pichu

The Ditto campaign seems to be failing (which I don't want to happen) because Arceus is still first, Mudkip is now second and Ditto is third.

Last edited:

Ditto down to number 3 is probably because people just stopped caring. Campaigns etc tend to lose juice quickly - after this blow, I expect Ditto to drop from the Top 5 next week. Nice to see Mudkip get a sudden jump (although even if it wins, it will probably be male); shame Arceus is still number 1.

I tried to vote for Ditto but it didn't let me *pouts*

Mudkip second?

If this isn't the work of /b/, and possibly /v/, then I don't know what is

But honestly, Mudkip? I really didn't see that one coming. If any, Magikarp just for the lulz.

Ditto down to number 3 is probably because people just stopped caring. Campaigns etc tend to lose juice quickly - after this blow, I expect Ditto to drop from the Top 5 next week. Nice to see Mudkip get a sudden jump (although even if it wins, it will probably be male); shame Arceus is still number 1.

I tried to vote for Ditto but it didn't let me *pouts*

lol the private browsing glitch still works for me xD

If only Ditto had a meme......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom