• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon popularity poll launched: Winning Pokémon to be distributed by the Global Li

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon popularity poll launched: Winning Pokémon to be distributed by the Globa

The problem with Magikarp isn't the terribleness, just because it evolves into Gyarados with Moxie and that's not terrible. The problem with that one is...it's already available in the Sparkling Sea. ): I think not even Nintendo knows really what the players really want in terms of Pokemon, like I'm not sure they keep up with Smogon metagame and see what Ditto would do to it, etc. So that one might look really random and silly from their point of view as well, even if it makes sense to us.
Just Mudkip. Oh wait, THE LEVEL WHEN YOU GET THE POKEMON IS LEVEL 100! NO POKEMON EVOLVES AT LEVEL 100....DOES IT?

Re: Pokémon popularity poll launched: Winning Pokémon to be distributed by the Globa

Who would choose Mudkip over Imposter Ditto? Damp is useless because explosion got nerfed and nobody even uses explosion anymore. Torrent therefore is superior.

I just don't understand... Why people no like logic?

Arceus is alright I guess... but I'd rather have ditto but whatever.

I would too. People arent using logic, they're trying to get a laugh out of getting Mudkip to win.

Just Mudkip. Oh wait, THE LEVEL WHEN YOU GET THE POKEMON IS LEVEL 100! NO POKEMON EVOLVES AT LEVEL 100....DOES IT?
Rayquaza won the poll in Korea and it was received at level 50 so I think the winner will be received at the lowest level it is legitimately available at.

Last edited:

I feel that Gamefreak should disallow voting the following Pokemon:
Mudkip
Magikarp
I mean, SERIOUSLY! WHO THINKS IT IS FUNNY TO SPAM MUDKIP AND MAGIKARP AND MAKE US GET THE WORST POKEMON EVER!!!!!!!!
I would lock out 'Mons you can get from DW zones.

NO POKEMON EVOLVES AT LEVEL 100....DOES IT?
That only locks out 'Mons that evolve via levelup. You should still be able to evolve some level 100s via stones and trading.

That only locks out 'Mons that evolve via levelup. You should still be able to evolve some level 100s via stones and trading.

I mean level up. Yeah, that was what I meant. Level up. And yeah. Pokemon like Kadabra and Feebas can evolve still, even at level 100.

I just don't understand... Why people no like logic?

You are aware that the entire pokémon community is being trolled, right?

I feel that Gamefreak should disallow voting the following Pokemon:
Mudkip
Magikarp
I mean, SERIOUSLY! WHO THINKS IT IS FUNNY TO SPAM MUDKIP AND MAGIKARP AND MAKE US GET THE WORST POKEMON EVER!!!!!!!!

Actually, Moxie isn't a very bad idea for Gyarados. Atleast to me it isn't. But if the Level is indeed set to Level 100, THEN it is a waste.

@Shiramu Kuromu

It's also a waste because female Magikarps are already available.

You are aware that the entire pokémon community is being trolled, right?

Nintendo should have made measures against this kind of crap. Hopefully next time they will, but I won't hold my breath.

Its a shame how many trolls there are considering how far Mudkip is up, an real shame. I guess Imposter Ditto will have to wait... *sigh*

Everybudy vote Mudkipz lol we are legioun!!!1 :XD2:

I'm surprised that it didn't kick in earlier, after all it's a poll on the internet that does include a meme.

If only contrary Snivy were involved in this poll... then we'd see who the "king of memes" is.

Much better ability and better meme to boot, but alas Gen 5 DW Pokes aren't released yet. No matter, Arceus will likely win this anyways, it it probably would have won despite Mudkip being there or not.

Hey, do you want to know the reason why Mudkip is second? Because Funnyjunk is holding something called "Operation Mudkip" so people can vote for Mudkip. Excuse me while I throw rocks at Funnyjunk. Gah! Here is the website: Operation Mudkip
I felt that Funnyjunk just trolled us.

Hard.
I seriously can't believe this is why Mudkip showed up out of nowhere to take the #2 spot.

Doesn't help that they mentioned the cookie glitch.

It actually originated from 4chan (So blame /b/ and /v/). But yeah, that doesn't help.

Of all the Hoenn starters they picked Damp Mudkip over Speed Boost Torchic? Damn trolls...

EDIT: The scary part is that it was started on the 23rd and already in 2nd place in 4 days. Damn trolls...

Last edited:

Nintendo should have made measures against this kind of crap. Hopefully next time they will, but I won't hold my breath.

Its a shame how many trolls there are considering how far Mudkip is up, an real shame. I guess Imposter Ditto will have to wait... *sigh*

I find this quite ironic, as it's the same thing that brought Mudkip up as Ditto, namely abusing the system. If not, then Ditto wouldn't have had a chance.
That said, the interest in Ditto could possibly cause it to be given away earlier than it would have been (if it would have been given away at all, that is).

It actually originated from 4chan (So blame /b/ and /v/). But yeah, that doesn't help.

I'm gonna throw rocks at 4chan, only for the Mudkip meme.

Hey, do you want to know the reason why Mudkip is second? Because Funnyjunk is holding something called "Operation Mudkip" so people can vote for Mudkip. Excuse me while I throw rocks at Funnyjunk. Gah! Here is the website: Operation Mudkip
I felt that Funnyjunk just trolled us.

I'm gonna throw rocks at 4chan, only for the Mudkip meme.
So I herd u liek trolling...

EDIT: The scary part is that it was started on the 23rd and already in 2nd place in 4 days. Damn trolls...
The results are updated each week on Tuesday so we can't know what the current results are until Tuesday and it may not have taken 4 days. Mudkip was 23rd after the first week, 10th after the 2nd week and 2nd after the 3rd week which also proves that it took longer than 4 days to reach 2nd place from 23rd place.

Haha, no.....I would not throw rocks. Maybe cookies.

No, you should throw Voltorb or Electrode while saying " Here's an 'art' show".

No, you should throw Voltorb or Electrode while saying " Here's an 'art' show".

Ah! That works too! Great! Now only if Pokemon were real.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom