• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon popularity poll launched: Winning Pokémon to be distributed by the Global Li

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon popularity poll launched: Winning Pokémon to be distributed by the Globa

Just looked at the rankings, and that is abosolutely just....F@#$#ng BS. I voted for dialga, but was unaware of ditto's ability, and I would have voted for it.

Re: Pokémon popularity poll launched: Winning Pokémon to be distributed by the Globa

Just looked at the rankings, and that is abosolutely just....F@#$#ng BS. I voted for dialga, but was unaware of ditto's ability, and I would have voted for it.

.You could always do the "cookies" trick, but that's just me (and a 4th of the internet)

No matter how many times you vote manually you'll never overtake the script that's set to voting constantly unless you get it yourself unfortunately. :/

No matter how many times you vote manually you'll never overtake the script that's set to voting constantly unless you get it yourself unfortunately. :/

Fortunately, a fellow by the name of Crazyhax over at GameFAQs did just that. A number of Ditto supporters at that site (myself included) have the vote-spamming script that 4chan uses to spam Mudkip votes, though a modified version that spams Ditto votes instead. Some of us are running it 24/7, with at least 3 million votes having been sent Ditto's way so far with this. At least!

I doubt you guys are going to overtake Mudkip if this was happening awhile ago. If anything, I would have focused on Arceus.

Watch Game Freak throw out all the votes and give us Mew...again.

Mew? Eh..
I want my freak'n ditto.

This poll isn't even legit anymore. :/

My only hope for this poll is that the time between the end of the voting period (Nov 30) and the announcement of the winner (Dec 13) will be used to try to figure out which votes were illegitimate and get rid of them. Not sure exactly how they would do this, but what other reason would they have to wait?

Fortunately, a fellow by the name of Crazyhax over at GameFAQs did just that. A number of Ditto supporters at that site (myself included) have the vote-spamming script that 4chan uses to spam Mudkip votes, though a modified version that spams Ditto votes instead. Some of us are running it 24/7, with at least 3 million votes having been sent Ditto's way so far with this. At least!

I love the hypocrisy.

Pretty sure the intent was for this to be a legit poll for giving out the most popular Pokemon, rather than a competition in seeing which group of internet nerds are the most sad.

This poll isn't even legit anymore. :/
It hasn't been legit since 4chan got on board with Operation Mudkip. This is simply our counterattack.

I love the hypocrisy.

Pretty sure the intent was for this to be a legit poll for giving out the most popular Pokemon, rather than a competition in seeing which group of internet nerds are the most sad.
Oh, I agree completely. Not the part where you call us internet nerds, but the part where the intent was for this to be a legit poll. But as I said, 4chan would have thrown any chance of that happening out the window, Ditto campaign or no Ditto campaign. And if we have to fight fire with fire to thwart them, so be it. You won't be complaining so much when Imposter Ditto is finally out, though, will you?

Oh, I agree completely. Not the part where you call us internet nerds, but the part where the intent was for this to be a legit poll. But as I said, 4chan would have thrown any chance of that happening out the window, Ditto campaign or no Ditto campaign. And if we have to fight fire with fire to thwart them, so be it. You won't be complaining so much when Imposter Ditto is finally out, though, will you?

I don't give a shit about Ditto, I voted Arceus. Once. :p
Not that I ever cared all that much about this poll in the first place. If I get some rare event legend of it, that'd be nice, but it certainly isn't the end of the world if I don't. Campaigning and vote stuffing is just ridiculous.

And I think it's quite impossible to be an active member of online Pokemon forums and not fall under the "internet nerd" label.

I wouldn't be surprised if The Pokémon Company soon realises that the total number of votes exceeds the human population...

As much as I want Ditto to win and for us to receive something useful, I really hope The Pokémon Company just disqualifies Mudkip and Ditto now.

I doubt you guys are going to overtake Mudkip if this was happening awhile ago. If anything, I would have focused on Arceus.

Watch Game Freak throw out all the votes and give us Mew...again.

Well, once they realize how jacked up some of the results are, they might just do that. :/

I still wonder what people's reactions would be if Mudkip ACTUALLY won.

I still wonder what people's reactions would be if Mudkip ACTUALLY won.

Probably the same as they are now, frustration, anger, and generally everything that the trolls want.

Technically, this was the fault of TPCi/Game Freak/Whoever was in charge.

When I first saw the poll, before news spread so much and before we knew about the voting glitch, I immediately realized how stupid it was. This is an event for people with Pokemon-gl accounts, yet you don't need to be signed in to vote.

I don't know, it seems like people in charge of Pokemon are immune to seeing the obvious; this isn't the first time I've noticed something so incredibly stupid that could be solved very easily.

Come on, if Arceus wins (I hope he does, even though I voted Ditto), we will most definitely get dreamworld ditto some other way. They wouldn't have made a new DW ability for nothing. Be patient, and you will soon get Ditto. For the moment, isn't it better to have Arceus who, most people probably don't legitly have?

Not to mention, they only relied in just a cookie apparently to track the votes.

It's an oversight of the people in charge of the website. Most likely they didn't expect anyone to bother to exploit it, so they didn't put any measure against it.

So, this happened. And because delaying the results for "technical problems" would be an embarrasement for them, and so would suddenly changing the ranking, most likely they will go ahead and release the Mudkip as if legit. While making sure to fix it for the next time.

And those running the script should jump into the Arceus bandwagon. It has faaaar more votes than anything else, and you can bet most pokémon fans who don't know anything about the contest will just vote Arceus. So it has a possibility of preventing Mudkip from winning.

They sure must be glad they aren't showing the number of votes.

Last edited:

Not to mention, they only relied in just a cookie apparently to track the votes.

It's an oversight of the people in charge of the website. Most likely they didn't expect anyone to bother to exploit it, so they didn't put any measure against it.

So, this happened. And because delaying the results for "technical problems" would be an embarrasement for them, and so would suddenly changing the ranking, most likely they will go ahead and release the Mudkip as if legit. While making sure to fix it for the next time.

And those running the script should jump into the Arceus bandwagon. It has faaaar more votes than anything else, and you can bet most pokémon fans who don't know anything about the contest will just vote Arceus. So it has a possibility of preventing Mudkip from winning.

They sure must be glad they aren't showing the number of votes.

Well the results are already delayed by default, the voting ends Nov. 30th and the results are released Dec. 13th so they have that time to figure out what to do about the exploitation of the voting process. Although I would like to point out that during the TIME most influential poll, they recounted the votes and changed the rankings radically nearly every day to keep up with 4chan trolls spelling things with the first letters of the peoples' names, etc. But moot still did end up winning so it could be argued they didn't do enough, if it wasn't embarrassing enough for TIME to not do it, would it really be so embarrassing that TPC would refuse to do it?

Technically, this was the fault of TPCi/Game Freak/Whoever was in charge.

When I first saw the poll, before news spread so much and before we knew about the voting glitch, I immediately realized how stupid it was. This is an event for people with Pokemon-gl accounts, yet you don't need to be signed in to vote.

I don't know, it seems like people in charge of Pokemon are immune to seeing the obvious; this isn't the first time I've noticed something so incredibly stupid that could be solved very easily.

Wonder would they have made accounts just to troll with? Naw, nobody is that dedicated...

In any case, you are right. Something that simple would have solved this problem. Wonder how different the results would be if they did fix that problem. I still think that Arceus would be #1, but I dunno about those like Ditto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom