• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon popularity poll launched: Winning Pokémon to be distributed by the Global Li

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon popularity poll launched: Winning Pokémon to be distributed by the Globa

Wonder would they have made accounts just to troll with? Naw, nobody is that dedicated...
Even if there were, simply making sure that only accounts that have a game synchronized with it should be allowed to vote, as again, these are the accounts with the potential to download this Pokemon.

Re: Pokémon popularity poll launched: Winning Pokémon to be distributed by the Globa

Even if there were, simply making sure that only accounts that have a game synchronized with it should be allowed to vote, as again, these are the accounts with the potential to download this Pokemon.

They would still be able to, but like I said, they would have to have a game that they were willing to start over again and again. It would take them a few hours just for one vote as they'd have to start the game, beat the first gym, get the c-gear, set up the Global Link, and then vote for each one but if you restart you don't use the same GL code so technically they could still spam....slowly.

Anyway it would make it a lot more accurate than what they have now.

Wonder would they have made accounts just to troll with? Naw, nobody is that dedicated...

I bet most of you would've made extra accounts :p

I still think that Arceus would be #1, but I dunno about those like Ditto.

It'd be way the fuck down the list. The only reason it's so high is because you people cheat.
So yeah, pot, kettle, etc.

Ugh, who's the kid that started that stupid "mudkipz" meme years ago? Now that meme's pretty much ruining the poll.

I would've, in an instant. I even made a second account for my White version just so I can get two of the winner (which hopefully is Ditto).

It'd be way the fuck down the list. The only reason it's so high is because you people cheat.
I don't deny that Ditto was cheated into the top three. I do deny that it wasn't justifiable. Even if it will be released in the future (which I somewhat doubt, given that they passed up no fewer than five opportunities to give it to us already, two of which came after Ditto had established a place in the top three), the fact remains that Ditto has the most to gain from winning this. Arceus wins? Great, you can nickname it, it can have your ID number, and can be in something other than a Cherish Ball. Hardly makes up for the fact that it has no Hidden Ability and misses out on a large quantity of moves that the Toys R Us Arceus has access to- any move Arceus could learn as a TM in Generation IV that lost its TM status, all Generation IV move tutors, and Spacial Rend. Mudkip wins? The entire Pokémon community rages, save for a select few that accept the free Mudkip regardless of bad ability, and 4chan laughs evilly as they somehow look down on the ensuing chaos, and we get an English version of something Japan already had access to, and it's not even very good, given the Explosion/Selfdestruct nerf. Ditto wins? The damn thing goes from bad gimmick that spends more time in a daycare than out of it to the best damn revenge killer in the game, top OU material, and a staple of at least a third of any decently built team. Also not without in-game value as well, for those who don't care about competitive battling. Ghetsis's Hydreigon doesn't look so tough now, does it?

Last edited:

Wow, looking back this poll sure brought out the best in everyone.

So, which Pokémon won the poll?

So, which Pokémon won the poll?
It doesn't take that much effort to click the link yourself and see that it says "Results will be announced on December 13, 2011".

I really wanted Lugia with Multiscale and voted for it. Sadly it didn't make it to the top. I don't understand why anyone would vote for a pokemon with no hidden ability. I'm guessing some people, probably young kids just want a legendary. At least DW Lugia has a hidden ability.

Prove it. Just because the pokemon is so high doesnt mean people cheated for it. Yea, there would be some cheating, but thats not the reason ditto (or any other pokemon) is rank high. I wish people would stop blamming cheating because you didnt get the pokemon you want. THats poor sportsmanship. All the 'cheaters' should be ashamed of themselfs, imo.

Prove it. Just because the pokemon is so high doesnt mean people cheated for it. Yea, there would be some cheating, but thats not the reason ditto (or any other pokemon) is rank high. I wish people would stop blamming cheating because you didnt get the pokemon you want. THats poor sportsmanship. All the 'cheaters' should be ashamed of themselfs, imo.

As a Ditto supporter, I would disagree with you. Most people 'wasted' their vote on another random Pokemon before they realized how great Ditto would be. I know I voted for Blaziken myself. Then afterwards people started realizing it and voting for it using the cookies method, and then the script. Of course no one can say 100% that it wouldn't be so high, but I would say it's about a 2% chance that it would still be in the top 10 if it wasn't spammed.

It doesn't take that much effort to click the link yourself and see that it says "Results will be announced on December 13, 2011".

No need to be rude.

Anyway, the winner has been announced! It's Arceus!

Why can't kids understand how important Ditto is to the community? Everyone and their grandma already has Arceus from the Toys R Us event.

Why can't kids understand how important Ditto is to the community? Everyone and their grandma already has Arceus from the Toys R Us event.

I don't have Arceus. And frankly, I'd rather have a legendary than some pink blob that's only useful in competitive battling.

And I think to myself… what the hell is wrong with the world?
If I could pick who'd win… it'd either've been Lucario, Mew or Ditto… not… the goat…
What a waste. I feel kind of terrible now. Sigh.

I don't have Arceus. And frankly, I'd rather have a legendary than some pink blob that's only useful in competitive battling.

Not just competitive battling, it's also useful in breeding and helps giving other Pokemon their own DW abilities w/o the use of the Dream World.

People are actually surprised Arceus won? Most people don't play for the official competitions and the like. Alot of people can't get to a place for a distribution event. So it's a no brainer most people would chose something like Arceus. And considering everyone knows Arceus has the highest stats and is viewed by many as the god of the Pokemon universe it's no surprise it won.

Hey, I wouldn't had minded the Ditto, I voted for Arceus first because it would give me a few laughs through my next playthrough. But then I realized Ditto's true value. I wanted Ditto to win. But I'm not one bit annoyed or ticked that Arceus won. Because frankly it makes sense and it's actually a fair choice for people.

Not just competitive battling, it's also useful in breeding and helps giving other Pokemon their own DW abilities w/o the use of the Dream World.
Was it ever actually confirmed that DW Ditto has that ability?

I don't think it ever has been.

Why wasn't I suprised at Arceus winning? Then again, it won the JP contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom