• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Professor Discussion

PurplePopplio

Gone again for who knows how long. :/
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. Any
Which tree do you think the professor will be named after? Will they be male or female? Will we have multiple professors? What will be their main area of study? Will they have an assistant?

Let the discussion begin!

Well, most professors are men so likely gonna be a man~ I don't expect two but I wouldn't be surprised if they give us multiple (based on GameExplain's theory)~

With the Sword and Shield theme, I can imagine that if we do have two professors, one will study strength, and the other will study defense (since that's a possibility on what the Legendaries will be themed around)~

We've only had two female Professors so far (and one one them was just a side character), so as a change of pace, I'd like to see another one. But I'd also be fine with a male especially if he's hot.
Sycamore level of hot? :p

I like to see another female professor who invite trainers to tea and discuss all her latest research or just have a casual chat. A very friendly and warm person who you trust immediately.

But then she backstabs you at the least opportune moment.

Last edited:
The Charles Darwin type professor is a pretty good shout.

I would like them to take inspiration from another British franchise and buck the trend of the last few games of having a young professor and have a 'Dumbeldore' type professor for these games.

What do you guys think about the idea of a professor who is a child prodigy? That would be something new, as new as a female professor was back in BW era. Could be something like Iris Watson from Dai Gyakuten Saiban (the games are even both set in England!).

So, when are we gonna get a professor named Acacia? That name is right there for the taking, plus, it'll be nice to include some tree names that are not known much.

So, when are we gonna get a professor named Acacia? That name is right there for the taking, plus, it'll be nice to include some tree names that are not known much.

I like that one a lot. I could so see a British-like prof with a name like that. Plus, like you said, it would make for interesting exposure for rather obscure (at least in the terms of common knowledge) tree species.

I love finding out about the Professors of each new Pokemon region, and what they study. The different parts of the Pokemon world are probably my favorite thing about Pokemon, hence why I call myself the Pokemon Researcher, so having new Professors who explore different parts of the Pokemon world is always something I like learning about.

As much as I want another hot male Professor, because oh my were the last two great, I think it's about time we see another female Professor for the region. We have only gotten one in the main series games, and it's been nearly a decade since then.

I also really love the idea of having two Professors in the region. GameXplain's theory was quite interesting. And hey if we have two we can have the hot male Professor and the woman professor XD.

What do you guys think about the idea of a professor who is a child prodigy? That would be something new, as new as a female professor was back in BW era. Could be something like Iris Watson from Dai Gyakuten Saiban (the games are even both set in England!).
ooh that could def be fun! Maybe still a little older than the protag, so like 16-17, but they've been in the field for several years already.

On the other hand, an older female professor would be cool too. Maybe she'll be archaeologist like, and study pokemon history?

Maybe someone like Agatha's cousin? OR WAIT

If we consider Sinnoh remakes to have a connection to these games....

What if Agatha and Bertha are actually sisters and they had another sister who is the professor of the new games??? And she says that her sisters are Elite Fours of different regions????

i am wishfully thinking that there would be two professors, studying battle prowess/offense (sword) and taming or ecology/defense (shield) capabilities of Pokémon.

There's 2 similar lab in the map too, one in the town (the shield professor) and another near the lake with a battle field (the sword prof).

This is so irrelevant but I always liked the idea of opening up Cambridge or Oxford University in the games. And have side professors on subjects like chemistry, biology, and physics. And even have video demos on explaining concepts, including calculus. It'd be sweet if they could somehow integrate science concepts. Doesn't have to be relevant to pokemon though.

Oh Professor Kukui being hot, and yet, did anyone think his wife Burnet is much older than him? Mostly cuz of her hair color, which was almost white.

This is so irrelevant but I always liked the idea of opening up Cambridge or Oxford University in the games. And have side professors on subjects like chemistry, biology, and physics. And even have video demos on explaining concepts, including calculus. It'd be sweet if they could somehow integrate science concepts. Doesn't have to be relevant to pokemon though.

Oh Professor Kukui being hot, and yet, did anyone think his wife Burnet is much older than him? Mostly cuz of her hair color, which was almost white.
Love the idea of two rivalling professors.

Also Burnet having white hair might be just aesthetics. Steven Stone has silver hair and he's 25

Back
Top Bottom